Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Culture, Identity & Ethnic Relations in Australia (Read 392 times)
Russell_PSI

Australian Politics

Culture, Identity & Ethnic Relations in Australia
Oct 15th, 2009 at 8:42am

Hello-

My name is Zachary Russell, and I am a PhD candidate in the School of Political and Social Inquiry at Monash University. I am currently undertaking a research project about attitudes toward culture and identity amongst the Chinese and Anglo-Australian populations of Australia, and how these attitudes influence relationships between these groups. My principal co-researcher on this project is Dr. Dharma Arunachalam, and the formal project title is: “Acculturation and Intergroup Relations – Chinese and Anglo-Australians in Australia’.

To complete this research I am seeking both Anglo-Australian participants and Chinese participants who currently reside in Australia to complete a brief online questionnaire, which takes between 5 and 20 minutes to complete. All participation is limited to adults (age 18 or older) and is completely anonymous- you will never be asked your name or to provide other identifying information.

There are two unique questionnaires, with one being designed for Anglo-Australian participants and one being designed for Chinese participants. Ideally we would like between 200 participants from within the Chinese population of Australia, as well as 200 Anglo-Australian participants, from which we can draw two strong samples. Both online questionnaires are in English. However, a hard copy questionnaire in Mandarin for Chinese respondents can be arranged by contacting me (see details below).

If you would like to complete the Anglo-Australian questionnaire, please use the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/anglo-sample-2

If you would like to complete the Chinese questionnaire, please use the following link:

http://tinyurl.com/chinese-sample-2

If you have any further questions about this research project, please contact me (Zachary Russell) via email or through this forum (which will be monitored regularly).

Regards,

Zachary J. Russell
---
PhD Candidate
Monash University
School of Political and Social Inquiry
zac.russell@arts.monash.edu.au

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Re: Culture, Identity & Ethnic Relations in Austra
Reply #1 - Oct 15th, 2009 at 9:17am

I'll give it a go Zachary, but I think forums like this attract the extremes in the population.
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2009 at 9:44am by muso »  

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print