Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Aussie human rights Act ....... (Read 1262 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Aussie human rights Act .......
Oct 8th, 2009 at 1:28pm

Quote:
AUSTRALIA should adopt a Human Rights Act and give the High Court the power to issue "declarations of incompatibility" over federal laws, according to the report on human rights released today......

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26182075-2702,00.html

1/ Aussie has the right to allow which humans into Aussie it wishes.
That is NOT a choice ofanyone who wants to come here byany means.

2/..........

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Aussie Skinhead

Reichsfuhrer der Deutsche
Reich

Queensland Australia
Re: Aussie human rights Act .......
Reply #1 - Oct 12th, 2009 at 7:47pm

Australia needs an act that will protect the right to freedom of expression and speech. We need an act that will lead to the abolishment of the racial vilification and discrimination acts. The racial vilification laws are undemocratic and go against the principles of the right to free speech and free expression. In states like Victoria and New South Wales, people can be sent to gaol (jail) for as much as six months for criticizing people of different races and religions. Those laws must be abolished because they violate people's human rights. Why should one be sent to jail because of what he thinks and states? Mind you, those anti-vilification laws haven't shut me up yet they will never shut me up. I don't care if I get sent to jail for six months. I will fight to the end for this country.

“Those who want to live, let them fight, and those who do not want to fight in this world of eternal struggle do not deserve to live.”&&&&Reichsfuhrer Adolf Hitler der Grosse Deutsche Reich
IP Logged

Hlysnan

Riht, Fr[ch275]od[ch333]m,
Wærscipe

Burwood
Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2009 at 7:27pm

Please explain how the racial vilification laws are "undemocratic". Also, noone is sent to gaol for what they are thinking. It is the acts involved. Do you not think that it is unfair to leave someone unpromoted in the workplace because of their ethnicity? Do you not think that it is cruel to allow people to cuss at people with derogatory racial slurs?

IP Logged

blutigeroo

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 11:03am

Hlysnan wrote on Oct 16th, 2009 at 7:27pm:
Please explain how the racial vilification laws are "undemocratic". Also, noone is sent to gaol for what they are thinking. It is the acts involved. Do you not think that it is unfair to leave someone unpromoted in the workplace because of their ethnicity? Do you not think that it is cruel to allow people to cuss at people with derogatory racial slurs?

I would like to know that as well. Equality is an important aspect of democracy and these laws are there to protect human equality.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #4 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 1:07pm

blutigeroo wrote on Oct 17th, 2009 at 11:03am:
Hlysnan wrote on Oct 16th, 2009 at 7:27pm:

I would like to know that as well. Equality is an important aspect of democracy and these laws are there to protect human equality.

There has always been inequality in the workplace. Employers demand certain qualities from their employees. If there are two employees with the same qualifications and one is ethnic/Muslim, but the other appears more suitable for a responsible role and is caucasian  - why hasn't the caucasian employer got the right to choose the one he/she relates to most? Surely an atheist/christian caucasian would have no comeback if the employer was a Muslim and only wanted Arab Muslims for certain roles?

It is undemocratic that the employer is forced to choose the ethnic/religious employee because a racial discrimination law says they have to.

IP Logged

Hlysnan

Wærscipe

Burwood
Reply #5 - Oct 17th, 2009 at 2:38pm

I don't think that there is a law requiring a number of ethnic minorities to be employed. What the RDA does is allow people who are qualified for a job to not be overlooked because of ethnic origin. If there are two people who are equally qualified, I'm sure the employer is able to choose freely from there. If there is only one person who is qualified, and someone else is chosen, then that is where discrimination is taking place.

Relevant sections of the Racial Discrimination Act and the Racial Vilification Act:

(regarding employment)
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/rda1975202/s15.html

(regarding "free speech")
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/rva1996176/s4.html

IP Logged

Mercedes With Square Wheels
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 7:58pm

I've always considered laws enacted to establish human equality eerily similar to King Canute with his hand definatly pointed outwards towards the ocean gesturing the tide to go no further.

The only difference is that King Canute did this in order to establish a point that even kings hath no providence over creation. I'm so glad we have progressivism now to show us how wrong he was!
« Last Edit: Oct 19th, 2009 at 8:04pm by N/A »  

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Oct 19th, 2009 at 10:56pm

Quote:
I've always considered laws enacted to establish human equality eerily similar to King Canute with his hand definatly pointed outwards towards the ocean gesturing the tide to go no further.

The only difference is that King Canute did this in order to establish a point that even kings hath no providence over creation. I'm so glad we have progressivism now to show us how wrong he was!

Now you're talking!

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #8 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 11:54am

One right that needs to be included is the freedom to change one's religion.

All people - including young people, should be at complete liberty as to which religion (or no religion) they choose to follow.  It is important to note that the State should be blind to the religion that is chosen.

Quote:
Article 18 - Universal Declaration of Human Rights

Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Hlysnan

Wærscipe

Burwood
Reply #9 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 12:08pm

muso wrote on Oct 20th, 2009 at 11:54am:
One right that needs to be included is the freedom to change one's religion.

All people - including young people, should be at complete liberty as to which religion (or no religion) they choose to follow.  It is important to note that the State should be blind to the religion that is chosen.

The way human rights currently work in Australia is that we are entitled to do whatever we want unless it is disallowed through statute. At the moment we have the freedom to change our religion, and if we adopt a Human Rights Act, I think that it is pretty much a given that it would be included.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #10 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 1:27pm

Hi JaeMi. You're right, but it is not the case in certain other countries in the world.

Are of you Korean descent by the way?

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Hlysnan

Wærscipe

Burwood
Reply #11 - Oct 20th, 2009 at 9:13pm

I'm actually mixed white/filo. The name I get called by friends and family is Jamie but "Jamie" as a username is always taken on most websites. I found out that 재미 (jae mi) means fun so I decided to go with that.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print