Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
CPI Fraud (Read 2112 times)
oznationalist

Australian Politics

CPI Fraud
Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:51am

I am convinced that the figures released are false inacurate and likely fraud, there is no way the CPI could have dropped inflation is always full steam ahead and retailers have maintained high and constantly rising prices. Pensioners have been ripped off, my elderly grandmother was promised by centerlink that she would receive around thirty dollars a fortnight extra after the cpi release, she thought she was going to be able to help us to save for her operation that we have to pay for because the government says she is to old to get, screw you Rudd, I hope sombody can expose the truth behind this C.P.I. scandal it did not fall it rose, only it was calculated in a way not to reflect it, sombody will expose the truth on this with daming undeniable evidence.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Re: CPI Fraud
Reply #1 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 5:03pm

I heard the government was looking at an optional scheme to take $100,000 from the super. of new retirees in exchange for an extra $192 per fortnight on top of their existing pension for the rest of their lives.
It sounds a bit shifty to me. They get billions in instant revenue while future governments have to foot the bill.

IP Logged

oznationalist

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 6:51pm

There direct intentions are to make us a third world country and slave to china and India, OUT CHINESE, OUT RUDD, in Far right

IP Logged

Coral Sea

American Politics

Chicago
Reply #3 - Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:54pm

I cannot speak for Australia, but a trend in national accounting in the past decade or so is something known as hedonic indexing, or geometric indexing.  This was adopted in the United States in 1995 and in some European countries in 1997 (not in Germany).  This takes into account supposed "quality" improvements and makes cost adjustments.  Thus if something stays the same in price, but quality is subjectively determined to have increased, economists create an economic price which is lower.  Another trend in inflation indexing has been increased reliance on the substitution effect.  Before when steak went up in price that was reflected in the CPI, but now ground beef (mince in Aussie terms) is assumed to substitute for it.

Tricks like these drove down the official rate of inflation and increased the official rate of productivity growth, and are responsible for much of the alleged economic growth in the United States since 1995.  If Germany calculated data like the USA did their GDP growth figures would be half a percent higher on average.

Other statistical gimmickry includes seasonal adjustments (somewhat useful but also somewhat hazardous), birth/death business creation models to adjust jobs data, and the ever favorite trick of reporting only "core" inflation in the news, which excludes energy and food (useful information for all those people who don't consume food or energy).  Seasonal adjustment here showed that our auto industry gained jobs in the past few months, which is obvious nonsense.

I'm not sure that there's a conspiracy to make Western nations Third World per se; I'm sure a lot of policy makers and economists actually believe in this neoliberal nonsense.  Big business of course is under no illusions and wants low wages, but they don't drive the public debate as much as people think.

"General, these are American regulars. In a hundred and fifty years they have never been beaten. They will hold."&&-- Col. Preston Brown, C/S, 2nd Division, the Marne, June 1, 1918

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #4 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 12:17am

Quote:
my elderly grandmother was promised by centerlink that she would receive around thirty dollars a fortnight extra after the cpi release

I believe the pension increase is due to kick in after Sept. 20th, which has always been the case.
That still doesn't make it much easier to live on, much less pay for an operation, but there are ways of saving a lot of money without sacrificing too much quality of life with a little research.
If your grandmother doesn't own property, then it will make it all the more harder, but still possible.
Whether we have a left or right wing government in power, it doesn't change the fact that the world is a much smaller place; third world standards are rising and first world levels are stagnating.
The idea of the world being an equal and free place for all is a noble cause to work towards, but IMO it's putting your head in the chopping block. I never seen it in reality, and I don't ever expect to see it in the big picture.
In our new world order, why would it be of any concern to elite groups which nation their power stems from?
In fact, it's far more beneficial to open up the market to a global audience and usurp more power by dictating a moralistic code which "lawfully" stops the plebs from using any advantage that they may possess.

« Last Edit: Aug 15th, 2009 at 12:41am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Coral Sea

American Politics

Chicago
Reply #5 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 12:22am

Amadd wrote on Aug 15th, 2009 at 12:17am:
In our new world order, why would it be of any concern to elite groups which nation their power stems from?

The answer lies in the film Braveheart.  Note in the film how the treacherous Scottish nobles debate material advantages, not so different from how business elites today behave.  What they fail to realize, however, is that Edward I is prepared to give them more lands and power only because of Scottish nationalism, as it's far cheaper to buy off the barons than it is to fight the Scottish nation.  But if there were no Scottish nationalism, Edward would have no reason to deal with the Scottish nobles at all and could simply liquidate them.  Our elites today make the same folly portrayed in Braveheart.  They fail to note that their power base derives from the unified nation-states which support them, and if these nations are sufficiently eroded these elites in turn have no economic or political basis.

"General, these are American regulars. In a hundred and fifty years they have never been beaten. They will hold."&&-- Col. Preston Brown, C/S, 2nd Division, the Marne, June 1, 1918

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #6 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 1:16am

Yes I agree Coral Sea. Giving away nationalism is a big mistake.
Control is now held by the idea of family and community unity, which is generally far less prevalent than that which is portrayed. Much much less prevalent (and on a sliding scale) than 70 years ago.
As far as the nation goes, I don't even see ANZAC day as a day to be celebrated, even though I had relatives die in WW2. I don't think that this is what they were fighting for, therefore I don't see it as a reason to celebrate.

If I'm more comfortable to leave this country, and if there were 100,000 more of me that are of the same opinion, then this country will be stuffed. Providing, of course, that I am allowed to take my money out of this country. I haven't looked into too much, but I can see that there will be laws that will essentially hold me prisoner.i

IP Logged

Coral Sea

American Politics

Chicago
Reply #7 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 1:22am

Nations often have unifying myths which are not necessarily true.  One such myth is that soldiers die for our freedom.  This is especially prevalent in the United States but also takes place in other nations.  Of course, it's not true--every war in American history has been a war of choice.  However, since wars consist of our flesh and blood fighting and dying, they end up being the ultimate personification of the nation and thus command loyalty.  So ANZAC Day is worth celebrating, it just involves mythos.

States will move to protect their revenue base if necessary, so if mass emigration of talent and capital were to start up for whatever reason they would move to stop it.  The USSR (in)famously required the payment of a massive emigration tax for those wishing to leave the country, under the reasoning that the Soviet Union had invested massively in their education, housing, healthcare, etc.  Preventing capital from escaping is as simple as implementing exchange controls.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #8 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 2:03am

Yeah...I've quoted this one on many occassions, and still keep coming back to it:

Quote:
"No matter what political reasons are given for war, the underlying reason is always economic."
-- A. J. P. Taylor

If there were to be an exodus from this country by unsatisfied citizens where economic damage may be the result, a war of sorts would be need to be waged I'm sure.
We are only of economic value and nothing else.

IP Logged

Coral Sea

American Politics

Chicago
Reply #9 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 2:08am

I don't really agree with that either, even if material (which encompasses more than economics) causes do underlie most wars.  It's difficult to see any motive other than defense of the faith in the first three Crusades, for instance.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #10 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 2:34am

But the idea is only to escape tyranny, and not be embroiled in wars not of our choosing. I'm talking about running from crusades, and not taking part in the ridiculousness of them.

Quote:
“When the government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.”
-- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
"How vile and despicable war seems to me! I would rather be hacked to pieces than take part in such an abominable business."
-- Albert Einstein

..funny quote though, as the atom bomb wouldn't have come about at that time without him.

IP Logged

oznationalist

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 11:24am

Amadd wrote on Aug 15th, 2009 at 1:16am:
Yes I agree Coral Sea. Giving away nationalism is a big mistake.
Control is now held by the idea of family and community unity, which is generally far less prevalent than that which is portrayed. Much much less prevalent (and on a sliding scale) than 70 years ago.
As far as the nation goes, I don't even see ANZAC day as a day to be celebrated, even though I had relatives die in WW2. I don't think that this is what they were fighting for, therefore I don't see it as a reason to celebrate.

If I'm more comfortable to leave this country, and if there were 100,000 more of me that are of the same opinion, then this country will be stuffed. Providing, of course, that I am allowed to take my money out of this country. I haven't looked into too much, but I can see that there will be laws that will essentially hold me prisoner.

You are right about ANZAC day but I think we should honor those who fight for us, WW2 was won to destroy the White race but our great old ANZACS did fight for us against the Turks, it was the traiterous politicians who sold us out, and sadly enough many ANZACs are still alive to see what a cesspool of crime drugs and stupidity we have been given I know my grandad was non to happy about it and used to say thats not what they faught for but thats the power of the media and our zionist controllers. I feel especially sory for those from Germany they are not alowwed to honor their dead or poses Nazi paraphenalia its a crime over there, and it was their people and forces who were nearly obliterated in WW2 includiing the civillilan population

IP Logged

oznationalist

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 11:32am

Amadd wrote on Aug 15th, 2009 at 12:17am:
Quote:
my elderly grandmother was promised by centerlink that she would receive around thirty dollars a fortnight extra after the cpi release

I believe the pension increase is due to kick in after Sept. 20th, which has always been the case.
That still doesn't make it much easier to live on, much less pay for an operation, but there are ways of saving a lot of money without sacrificing too much quality of life with a little research.
If your grandmother doesn't own property, then it will make it all the more harder, but still possible.
Whether we have a left or right wing government in power, it doesn't change the fact that the world is a much smaller place; third world standards are rising and first world levels are stagnating.
The idea of the world being an equal and free place for all is a noble cause to work towards, but IMO it's putting your head in the chopping block. I never seen it in reality, and I don't ever expect to see it in the big picture.
In fact, it's far more beneficial to open up the market to a global audience and usurp more power by dictating a moralistic code which "lawfully" stops the plebs from using any advantage that they may possess.

Pesion research suggests that pesioners were to have to or three pay increases totaling around $60-$70 dollars per fortnight, and yes the dates have passed and the result is the CPI has been minipulated to appear to be down 2 points and and the result is that despite the $60-$70 increase real penion total values are actually lower than they were six months ago when the media was sypathysing with pesioners. The bottom line is that the media the government and welfare services promised releif to pensioners only to decrease their payments. The truth is Rudd screwed pesioners and sucked them into saving retail for him WHAT A SCUMBAG,

IP Logged

oznationalist

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 11:39am

Coral Sea wrote on Aug 14th, 2009 at 11:54pm:
I cannot speak for Australia, but a trend in national accounting in the past decade or so is something known as hedonic indexing, or geometric indexing.  This was adopted in the United States in 1995 and in some European countries in 1997 (not in Germany).  This takes into account supposed "quality" improvements and makes cost adjustments.  Thus if something stays the same in price, but quality is subjectively determined to have increased, economists create an economic price which is lower.  Another trend in inflation indexing has been increased reliance on the substitution effect.  Before when steak went up in price that was reflected in the CPI, but now ground beef (mince in Aussie terms) is assumed to substitute for it.

Tricks like these drove down the official rate of inflation and increased the official rate of productivity growth, and are responsible for much of the alleged economic growth in the United States since 1995.  If Germany calculated data like the USA did their GDP growth figures would be half a percent higher on average.

Other statistical gimmickry includes seasonal adjustments (somewhat useful but also somewhat hazardous), birth/death business creation models to adjust jobs data, and the ever favorite trick of reporting only "core" inflation in the news, which excludes energy and food (useful information for all those people who don't consume food or energy).  Seasonal adjustment here showed that our auto industry gained jobs in the past few months, which is obvious nonsense.

I'm not sure that there's a conspiracy to make Western nations Third World per se; I'm sure a lot of policy makers and economists actually believe in this neoliberal nonsense.  Big business of course is under no illusions and wants low wages, but they don't drive the public debate as much as people think.

When the world economy seizes we will see the true pain of not being a Nationalist nation our national independance has been sold out from under our feet, we are now dependant on importing every thing, we are heading for third world conditions. And if you dont think that everything can halt the joke will be on you, just think how bad can it get, well there will come a time when even our police wont be paid then they wont work and then there will be factional violence between rival groups fighting to re establish national independance, its on the table and its coming.

IP Logged

Americancitizen87

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 15th, 2009 at 1:51pm

Oznationalist you seem to be a smart man. You are right Rudd and his government making artificially low interest rates will end up leading to high inflation and you must be producing some of the materials you consume.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print