It's the War Room

Queensland
Re: Don't employ muslims
Reply #150 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 12:40pm

mantra wrote on Jun 30th, 2009 at 11:09am:
Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 29th, 2009 at 10:04pm:
locutius - oh, everyone has rights.
Some have more rights than others.
I bet bar maids would not have as many rights as barristers do.

That's why barmaids get told to wear something nice for men to look at.

A lot of women still enjoy looking good for men yet today some women get offended if they're given compliments, whistles or affectionately touched.

All those things are still allowed and legal. The complexity of the issue is that there are so many cultural and personal standards. The legislation is there to draw a line in the sand for a minimum of behaviour for the ininvited, unfamiliar and unwanted.

Stalkers probably think they are showing the hieght of flattery as well, if only their victim would understand and appreciate them standing outside their bathroom window masterbating, all would be good. Yes that is an extreme. But the point is that what is acceptable for one is not for another.

Less extreme example, there is a party up the road that has been playing loud music till 5am and skateboarders and hoons tearing up the street till dawn. Personally I start having fantasies about garrotting them, my 14 year old niece thinks it's cool. Luckily she is not writting the legislation that protects hardworking families from having to put up with that crap.

Affectionate touching particularly is dangerous ground, and rightly so. I remember a joke many years ago that is enlightening....What is the definition of Rape?.......Assault with a friendly weapon. Surprising how many woman don't find that funny.

I think we've gone too far with sexism and part of the fun of being young is attracting attention from the opposite sex. Some of it isn't always welcome, but it doesn't deserve a court case or a sacking.

It deserves a court case if it is persistant, if it oversteps a verbal or behavioural signal that it is unwanted, if it is intentionally demeaning or derogatory. Some of it can be stupid and some of it can be confusing. Many years ago I had an in class argument with a female lecturer in Philosophy about some of these boundries for sexual harrassment. She claimed that asking someone out, on a date, was sexual harrassment as it was uninvited and unwanted attention. While I agreed that it may in many circumstances be uninvited (as in unexpected) it could not be categorised as unwanted until after the fact. At that point the refusal should be respected. Any other sequence or pre-empted guilt was just stupidity.

Actions by men that were taken for granted in the 70's and 80's are now considered assaults and exploitation, but most of the women who protest the loudest aren't even attractive. They should be flattered that they get any attention at all.

Perhaps there will come a day when males just turn to each other and not bother trying to connect with a woman.

The actions of males in viking societies were taken for granted as well.  Also the Roman's took for granted that a man could kill his wife and family being his property. Peasants could not speak against their master nor a wife against her husband. Times change.

Not sure what validity being attractive adds to someone rights or their potential to be wronged. What about how smart they are? Maybe someone who is really dumb and would otherwise have no social interaction should feel grateful at being lampooned as opposed to being left in peace, or at least respected and treated kindly.

Personally I find the woman in this story very unattractive, but that does not diminish her rights.

As for men turning to each other, maybe the Greeks were onto to something there but they took it just a step or two too far for my liking.
« Last Edit: Jun 30th, 2009 at 12:55pm by locutius »  

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #151 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 7:26pm

Unfortunately we have this case leaving many believing, quite strongly, that the fact of this girl mentioning she had been raised muslim, and that background contributed to her feeling that the dress supplied made her feel like a prostitute, is evidence of muslims being granted special consideration.

I appreciate fully the arguments given bt FD, and Locutius, and 90% agree, but I do believe that even if they did not mention it in their ruling, her stated background, would have effected the final ruling.

It was not a dress of any extraordinary characteristic, it was tailored, but not low cut, and the fact that she associates red with prostitution, is her problem, it is certainly not a social stigma I have ever heard of in my life.

So, it is worth asking the question, if she had been a normal girl, asking for no special consideration due to religious or cultural sensibilities, would the ruling have been the same?

Possibly it may have, but I am not convinced it would have been because it is not considered offensive to wear red coloured tailored clothes in our society, last time I looked, and apart from that, what did she have to complain about?

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #152 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 7:45pm

locutius wrote on Jun 30th, 2009 at 12:40pm:
Not sure what validity being attractive adds to someone rights or their potential to be wronged. What about how smart they are? Maybe someone who is really dumb and would otherwise have no social interaction should feel grateful at being lampooned as opposed to being left in peace, or at least respected and treated kindly.

Personally I find the woman in this story very unattractive, but that does not diminish her rights.

As for men turning to each other, maybe the Greeks were onto to something there but they took it just a step or two too far for my liking.

Of course I'm not talking about brutality or rape or persistent sexual harrassment, but I was thinking of that recent incident where the NSW MP (forgotten his name) lost his job without trial for allegedly putting his hand on some woman's knee. He was vilified and humiliated and it turns out that the woman is currently on charges for assaulting her husband, lied about her qualifications and had lodged a similar previous complaint about an English lecturer, which almost destroyed his career.

This politician vehemently denies this occurred, but even if it had - does putting your hand on a woman's leg at some function constitute destroying a person's livelihood?

We are just too quick to jump to conclusions and always imagine the worst.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #153 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 8:07pm

Quote:
It would be no different if a nudist wanted to be a cop

It would be completely different.

Quote:
Of course I'm not talking about brutality or rape or persistent sexual harrassment, but I was thinking of that recent incident where the NSW MP (forgotten his name) lost his job without trial for allegedly putting his hand on some woman's knee.

That's politics mantra. If you can get sacked for your political views, or even made up rumours, you can get sacked for lack of etiquette.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #154 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 11:24pm

Quote:
Quote:

It would be no different if a nudist wanted to be a cop (mozza)

It would be completely different.-FD

Why is it so different?
Each want special consideration because they do not want to accept our social norms.

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #155 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 12:20am

Quote:
This politician vehemently denies this occurred, but even if it had - does putting your hand on a woman's leg at some function constitute destroying a person's livelihood?

Gees Stewart's spin doctors are good. You are a good barometer for what the weak minded in the community think mantra. If I ever get into politics, I'll stay in touch. The average person's thinking. So elusive otherwise.

Cabinet Ministers serve at the pleasure of the Crown. They don't get notice. They don't get severance pay. They don't get a trial. If the Governor or the Prime Minister or the Premier says they're gone - then they're gone. So Stewart should stop whinging. He is a bully and a coward, and thought he was a ladies' man.

He was lucky he got any process at all. You cant have a royal commission after every cabinet reshuffle and court action. That would make a mockery of democracy, and the courts would do nothing else.

You did it Stewart, you know you did. But even if you hadn't, if the Premier wants to punt you - you go.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #156 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 5:35am

Muslim police are looking for a notorius male prostitute, last seen wearing a bright red suit, and heard saying, HO, HO, HO.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #157 - Jul 1st, 2009 at 8:23pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 30th, 2009 at 11:24pm:
Quote:
Quote:

It would be no different if a nudist wanted to be a cop (mozza)

It would be completely different.-FD

Why is it so different?
Each want special consideration because they do not want to accept our social norms.

I mentioned this earlier - the equivalent situation for police would be if the decided to make female officers start wearing skirts or much more sexualised uniforms. If they did, people would object. It wouldn't get to the stage of people quitting because it would never happen in the first place. The original suggestion was that this case was somehow equivalent to someone expecting a potential employer to change the uniform to suit their own personal taste, which is a completely different situation.

FYI, there is nothing stopping nudists from becoming police officers.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #158 - Jul 4th, 2009 at 9:19pm

Here's another workers' right case for the comrades - a Muslim Butt insists on what's right.

Muslim NHS dentist 'tried to force patients to wear traditional Islamic dress'
A Muslim NHS dentist faces being struck off after a tribunal ruled he tried to force patients to wear traditional Islamic dress before treating them.

Published: 9:26AM BST 02 Jul 2009

Omer Butt kept a box full of hijabs at his practice so he could lend them to women before checking their teeth.
Omer Butt, 32, whose brother Hassan used to be spokesman for the banned radical Muslim group Al Muhajiroun, ordered female patients to wear headscarves and forced men to take off gold jewellery before allowing them into the dentists' chair.

He even kept a box full of hijabs at his practice so he could lend them to women before checking their teeth.

Primitives with degrees. Is it his fault? The womens' fault? Both. And especially Islam's fault. Primitivism masquarading as spirituality. A smacking disgrace. But let's pretend otherwise, comrades. i

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #159 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 10:34am

I take it you support the tribunal's ruling in this case?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #160 - Jul 5th, 2009 at 8:42pm

freediver wrote on Jul 5th, 2009 at 10:34am:
I take it you support the tribunal's ruling in this case?

I am sorry, I didn't realise this was about tribunals. I thought it was about a Muslim Butt who wouldn't look into a woman's mouth without her hair being covered. I don't need a tribunal to tell me that the man is an Arse, I mean, Butt.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #161 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 11:08am

Soren wrote on Jul 4th, 2009 at 9:19pm:
Here's another workers' right case for the comrades - a Muslim Butt insists on what's right.

Muslim NHS dentist 'tried to force patients to wear traditional Islamic dress'
A Muslim NHS dentist faces being struck off after a tribunal ruled he tried to force patients to wear traditional Islamic dress before treating them.

Published: 9:26AM BST 02 Jul 2009

Omer Butt kept a box full of hijabs at his practice so he could lend them to women before checking their teeth.
Omer Butt, 32, whose brother Hassan used to be spokesman for the banned radical Muslim group Al Muhajiroun, ordered female patients to wear headscarves and forced men to take off gold jewellery before allowing them into the dentists' chair.

He even kept a box full of hijabs at his practice so he could lend them to women before checking their teeth.

Primitives with degrees. Is it his fault? The womens' fault? Both. And especially Islam's fault. Primitivism masquarading as spirituality. A smacking disgrace. But let's pretend otherwise, comrades.

Workers Rights?? Huh Huh Huh

Relevence to the original case?? Huh Huh Huh

Comrade?? Huh Huh Huh

Sorry Soren, exactly what is your point?? That the bloke is a dickhead and time waster. Agreed.

What was the repsonse you where expecting from me?? That the bloke is a dickhead and a time waster. Success.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #162 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 1:26pm

That its the thin edge of the wedge, that these attacks on our civilisation and freedom of our civilisation are happening all over, with Islam never taking a backward step.

The Leftist Apologists are Enablers permitting the destruction of our society, one chop at a time.

Quote:
    And many strokes, though with a little axe,
    Hew down and fell the hardest-timbered oak.
       William Shakespeare, "King Henry VI Part III", Act 2 scene 1
       Greatest English dramatist & poet (1564 - 1616)

Every single stroke must be strongly opposed, or the oak will fall over. It is already showing signs of being diseased.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #163 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 1:58pm

Let's oppose it with Justice and Fairness and impartiality. If we take ourselves backwards societally to those past eras what incentive do you think there will be in chosing one oppressor over another. For us and as an intelligent alternative for them.

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #164 - Jul 6th, 2009 at 3:40pm

locutius wrote on Jul 6th, 2009 at 1:58pm:
Let's oppose it with Justice and Fairness and impartiality. If we take ourselves backwards societally to those past eras what incentive do you think there will be in chosing one oppressor over another. For us and as an intelligent alternative for them.

You don't even know what you're opposing yet. That's the first step.

Impartiality? Justice? Fairness? When the immutable truth about Islam = Peace cannot be questioned or even discussed? How's that 'justice' and 'truth'?

The truth about Islam is far too unpalatable for anyone to know, so it will continue to be covered up with Orwellian language at every turn. But what happens when you keep asking a tree to bend in the wind? Eventually it snaps with an awful crack. That is what is going to happen with the population of Australia. If you dont want moderate changes, you are going to have extreme ones.

Quote:
Yadda

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print