Send Topic Print
Don't employ muslims (Read 12946 times)
Happy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Don't employ muslims
Reply #135 - Jun 27th, 2009 at 8:24pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 27th, 2009 at 11:16am:
That is why we need to see muslims adapting their sense of morality to that of the culture they choose to live in.

It would be no different if a nudist wanted to be a cop, and wearing clothes was an afront to his nudism, we would say tough, they are our standards, you either accept them, or you don't become a police officer.
If they are just making short term allowances to get more muslim women into the police force, then we can grudgingly accept that fact, but they should not be lowering the standards of the force, to achieve that aim.

They have the neck to ankle thingo for aussie muslim girls who want to be lifesavers, so they could have gone down that route, rather than just lowering their standards.

Very good example of how bending over backwards can lead to absurdity.

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Jun 27th, 2009 at 10:28pm

Quote:
They have the neck to ankle thingo for aussie muslim girls who want to be lifesavers, so they could have gone down that route, rather than just lowering their standards.

They already have 'Muslim Only Pool Days', pretty soon their will be 'Muslim Only Beach Days', and 'Muslim Only Shopping Days,' 'Alcohol Free Days' at Bars and Restaurants, 'Dog Free Days' at parks. Down the slippery slope we go to religious apartheid.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

Mercedes With Square Wheels
Ex Member

Reply #137 - Jun 28th, 2009 at 1:01am

I think it's especially funny how much disdain regular Australians actually have towards Islam in general. To prove my point, here's an antecdote (that I know Calanen will love). I used to work at an abattoir that prided itself on providing to the Muslim community halal, specially slaughtered cuts of meat. One of the rules of halal slaughter, apparently, is that it is forbidden to stack the bodies of animals in storage after they have been killed; however, this didn't stop most of the people who worked with me from priding themselves on the fact that they just stacked them up in the freezers after their respective slaughters Grin Most of them thought this was hilarious. So did I.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #138 - Jun 28th, 2009 at 5:32pm

that reminded me of the guy in the pizza parlour who would ALWAYS put pork on the muslims pizzas.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #139 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 8:27am

Calanen wrote on Jun 27th, 2009 at 2:38am:
Quote:
The latest news from Rhyl is that compulsory swimming lessons for all recruits have been scrapped on the grounds that ultra-modest Muslim women will be discouraged from joining the police because they may object to having to wear a swimming costume.

Quite why any sensible, ultramodest Muslim woman would want to join the weird cult which is the North Wales Constabulary is a mystery to me.

Perhaps they might think Chief Constable Brunstrom is a real mad mullah.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1195571/LITTLEJOHN-The-mad-Mullah-Tase...

Heaven forbid we might make sure the cops can actually swim, better we don't 'offend' any muslims and ensure we can the swimming program for the force. Muppets.

I imagine FD thinks this is a triumph of rights as well. Pretty soon they will excuse muslim female police from driving patrol cars on the basis that in Saudi Arabia women are not allowed to drive and to ask them to do so, offends their delicate sensibilities.

This is just idiotic. Changing professional standards to suit the religious standards of a particular group is plain gutless and stupid. This is of course an opposite situation to the barmaid case where standards where maintained in spite of the religious beliefs of a certain group. That is a good thing.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #140 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 8:36am

Soren wrote on Jun 26th, 2009 at 10:33pm:
locutius wrote on Jun 26th, 2009 at 9:00am:
Soren wrote on Jun 25th, 2009 at 9:33pm:
Then making a claim on the basis of her muslim upbringing and morals is absurd,  just as  a muslim taxi driver refusing to take seeing eye dogs is an absurdity.

Hardly an absurdity if it makes sense to him, but he has acted illegally and should be punished and rightly so.

There's the diff. Not every point of view is equal. The Muslim taxi driver who refuses to take seeing eye dogs in Minneapolis has no case, moral or otherwise, and what does or does not make sense to him is beside the point. Taxi driving and cocktail waitressing are jobs people apply for, not sold into. Like application, resignation IS an option.

The cocktail waitress who objects to wearing a perfectly ordinary red dress and cites her Muslim upbringing as the basis for her objections - but then says on her blog that religon has nothing to do with it  - is sucking and blowing simultaneously.  None of the other waitresses objected and it was an issue only for her, with objections based on her Muslim upbringing and cultural interpretation.
As the bar said, she resigned. She didn't want to wear the dress, she resigned  "Managers said the dress was chosen by other staff, and produced photos of waitress Amanda Bjursten modelling it in the bar in Mayfair, central London. She said she was "completely comfortable" in the dress. "
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2048121.ece

But therev is no money in resignation. It is bullsh!t that she she was not trying this on for the 20k as she herself pointed out that her case, if won, mandates that amount - a fact she knew before she launched her case.  It is utter crap that an employer has to give notice of any future uniform changes at the time of an interview.

So on the basis of her claims, there was no case. But this aburd tribunal had to find a way not to seem unsympathetic once the Muslim feelings were read into the record. So this absurd tribunal awarded other people's money for 'hurt feelings'.

In effect this is money for what the tribunal takes to be hurt feelings experienced in England but rooted in Muslim upringing and the interpretation of red dresses in the culture of that upbringing and being hurt in England precisely because of the dissonance between the upbringing and the experience in Rome -I mean englaand.
It is absurd exactly for the same reason as your lne is about the taxi driver's case being  "Hardly an absurdity if it makes sense to him". It is a one way nonsense.

One day a muslim checkout operator sues Sainsbury's for being 'forced' to handle alcohol. The next day a muslim taxi driver refuses to take people with duty free booze in his cab. Then along comes Polly and wants to work in a cocktail bar but only in loose fitting black clothes. Then Fatima the Hijabi wants to work in a hip and groovy hair salon but wants to come to work in a hijab, all non-hip and ungroovy. The day after that, Fatma the niqabi teacher's assistant sues because the school wants her to uncover her facee when she is teaching the nippers pronunciaton.

And on it goes. Muslim Bin Laden lookalike PC sues because boss noticed resemblance. Muslim PC with bizarre beard is hurt by other coppers finding his beard bizarre.  

And waddaya know? The pattern that is obvous to all is an illusion, a malicouss or paranoid illusion!! These are not Muslims-trying-it- on cases. Oh no.  These are all workers rights issues, don't you know.

And look over there! What's that? Well, blow me down if it's not the BNP, Pauline, Le Pen, Wilders, Howard, UKIP, Danish People's Party, Fortuyn, Van Gogh, Hirsi Ali, Spencer, Steyn, Limbaugh, Jones and the rest. Wonder what brings them here., popular buggers.

Yes there is an immense difference between the two cases. The taxi driver took on a job that has a preset of non negotiable conditions and expectations, and in the case of transporting guide dogs that is covered by legislation. As a minimum I would expect him to be made to apologies to the person he has agrieved, be given a written warning and resit his theory test. If it is a dismissable offence then he should be dismissed and no compensation would be due him other than backpay. BUT REMEMBER he agreed to those pre-existing conditions......the Barmaid had NEW conditions put on her after she had started the job.

That is the DIFF. I would expect a grade 11 Legal Studies student to get this.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #141 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 9:19am

She's a barmaid. A beer wench.
She's NOT a brain surgeon. Not a professional, educated.

that sort of job, you don't have rights in reality.
she has no job future now. can only suck off the govt for the dole.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #142 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 11:24am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 29th, 2009 at 9:19am:

I was a beer wench for a few months at a large coastal club and I loved it. I had rights and respect, but left when they moved me into the office to work for the board members. They were sleazier than any of the customers.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #143 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 2:05pm

Quote:
Where was the sexual discrimination?

It was outlined in the tribunal's findings.

Quote:
Heaven forbid we might make sure the cops can actually swim, better we don't 'offend' any muslims and ensure we can the swimming program for the force. Muppets.

I noticed you completely avoided the actual topic again Calanen. Are you conceding that this woman is not another Jihadi around the corner?

Quote:

That doesn't mean she has no rights sprint.

Quote:

Yes you do. You sound remarkably similar to Muslims who claim that these sort of women should have no rights.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #144 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 2:31pm

freediver wrote on Jun 29th, 2009 at 2:05pm:
Quote:
Where was the sexual discrimination?

It was outlined in the tribunal's findings.

How can it be that the fact of wearing a dress was/is not sexual discrimination against other women who work there?

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #145 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 3:44pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 29th, 2009 at 9:19am:

So you're not just against Muslim's having protection under an indiscriminate standard, you're also against those of a particular socio-economic group having those protections as well?

Sprint, why don't barmaids have rights?

And what is you're cut off point for people not having protection? Under $45 an hour and maybe a Batchelor of Arts Degree as a minimum perhaps.

I'm curious. Do you think emancipation is a dirty word? Maybe just forget Democracy and Freedom and return to an era of Robber-Barrons and petty Lords.
« Last Edit: Jun 29th, 2009 at 4:29pm by locutius »  

IP Logged

Happy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #146 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 7:42pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 28th, 2009 at 5:32pm:
that reminded me of the guy in the pizza parlour who would ALWAYS put pork on the muslims pizzas.

That also reminded me that often at kebab shops non-muslims get "special treatment" too.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #147 - Jun 29th, 2009 at 10:04pm

locutius - oh, everyone has rights.
Some have more rights than others.
I bet bar maids would not have as many rights as barristers do.

That's why barmaids get told to wear something nice for men to look at.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #148 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 11:09am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Jun 29th, 2009 at 10:04pm:
locutius - oh, everyone has rights.
Some have more rights than others.
I bet bar maids would not have as many rights as barristers do.

That's why barmaids get told to wear something nice for men to look at.

A lot of women still enjoy looking good for men yet today some women get offended if they're given compliments, whistles or affectionately touched. I think we've gone too far with sexism and part of the fun of being young is attracting attention from the opposite sex. Some of it isn't always welcome, but it doesn't deserve a court case or a sacking.

Actions by men that were taken for granted in the 70's and 80's are now considered assaults and exploitation, but most of the women who protest the loudest aren't even attractive. They should be flattered that they get any attention at all.

Perhaps there will come a day when males just turn to each other and not bother trying to connect with a woman.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #149 - Jun 30th, 2009 at 12:05pm

mantr a- I hope not !
Most of us men like most of you ladies.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print