Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 
Send Topic Print
more muslim daily madness (Read 114445 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: more muslim daily madness
Reply #450 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 12:52pm

sprint,

Quote:
no other belief system does this. only your repressive voilent sexist one

Islam certainly does not permit honour murders.

As for no other belief system, Hindus regularly kill their female relatives who marry even from a different caste, in the same religion!
http://www.faithfreedom.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=51389&sid=a00f452c0f37fffcd688...
http://jonathanturley.org/2010/06/17/indian-family-tortures-and-kills-couple-aft...

Yadda,

Quote:
Every 'honour killing' is justified by moslem perpetrators, as the 'righteous' killing of an 'apostate'/rebel.

Having to dig deep now to dredge up this nonsense aren't you? You know full well there's no Islamic text which state it's permissible to murder wives and children, so instead you invent your own law and proclaim it to be an Islamic teaching.

Have you no shame posting this utter fabricated nonsense?

Whereas in the Bible, there's CLEAR injunctions that permit murdering of family members who don't tow the line and who dishonour daddy.

"Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15)

"All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense." (Leviticus 20:9)

"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9)
This is the only religious text I've ever come across which CLEARLY promotes honour murders. Even though some ignorant Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs etc. might do it out of ignorance and backwardness, their religions do not condone it at all, unlike this text of yours which clearly does.

"But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy  22:20-21)

"(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came.  He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors."  The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day.  Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing."
 (Exodus 32:26-29)
Love thy neighbour? No! Murder thy neighbour, and thy friend and thy brother even!

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #451 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 1:14pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 12:52pm:
sprint,

Quote:

Well, there are an awful lot of Muslim who either don't know that or don't care.  Mebbe you could have stern words with them, no?

But I forget myself -you are not allowed, Islamically, to have stern words wiv da brovvers and sistas.  ANd as an unclean unbeliever, I am certainly not allowed to have stern words with Muslims. Very neat, nobody can blame Muslims.

What to do? Oh, I know!!!

Blame the jews!!!!

Easy!!!!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #452 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 1:43pm

Yadda,

Quote:
Every 'honour killing' is justified by moslem perpetrators, as the 'righteous' killing of an 'apostate'/rebel.

Having to dig deep now to dredge up this nonsense aren't you? You know full well there's no Islamic text which state it's permissible to murder wives and children, so instead you invent your own law and proclaim it to be an Islamic teaching.

Have you no shame posting this utter fabricated nonsense?

Not fabricated 'nonsense', at all.
Sharia law fully accepts the implication within ISLAMIC texts, that it is totally permissible for moslems to murder wives and children [who become apostates, or reject ISLAMIC authority of moslem males].
And Sharia law fully accepts the implication within ISLAMIC texts, that it is totally permissible for fathers and mothers, to murder their children.

What moslem texts?
e.g.
"Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Prophet said: "The bare essence of Islam and the basics of the religion are three [acts], upon which Islam has been established. Whoever leaves one of them becomes an unbeliever and his blood may legally be spilled. [The acts are:] Testifying that there is no God except Allah, the obligatory prayers, and the fast of Ramadan."...."
law/fiqhussunnah/fus3_50 #3.110

n.b. "Whoever......becomes an unbeliever.....his blood may legally be spilled."

That determination is essentially repeated here, in the Hadith...

"...the Prophet said, If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him."
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.260

Google;
"not subject to retaliation" is "a father or mother" islam

Google;
islam fatwa against killing offspring

Google;
who is to blame for muslim honor killings
...non-muslims  ????

Google;
why the muslim community does not condemn honor killings

Google;
why is the muslim community silent on honor killingsiAbu...
Quote:
Whereas in the Bible, there's CLEAR injunctions that permit murdering of family members who don't tow the line and who dishonour daddy.

"Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death." (Exodus 21:15)

"All who curse their father or mother must be put to death. They are guilty of a capital offense." (Leviticus 20:9)

"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9)
This is the only religious text I've ever come across which CLEARLY promotes honour murders. Even though some ignorant Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs etc. might do it out of ignorance and backwardness, their religions do not condone it at all, unlike this text of yours which clearly does.

"But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy  22:20-21)

"(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came.  He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors."  The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day.  Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing."
  (Exodus 32:26-29)
Love thy neighbour? No! Murder thy neighbour, and thy friend and thy brother even!

Paraphrasing Abu [and his logic, justifying moslem violence, 2010].....

Quote:
See! See!
Its in the Bible!

The Jews did it in the days of Moses, 3,400 years ago!
And we moslems can do this violence too, because today, we moslems are God's people.
See!?

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #453 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 4:53pm

soren,

Quote:
But I forget myself -you are not allowed, Islamically, to have stern words wiv da brovvers and sistas.

Personally I've never come across a single Muslim who thinks it's permissible/acceptable. So never had a chance to have stern words to them. But of course I would if I were to come across such an imbecile.

You are just completely misguided for accepting the ridiculous notion that Muslims/Islam supposedly condone this. You speak from njothing but ignorance and hatred.

Quote:
Blame the jews!!!!

Easy!!!!

This is your feeble attempt to de-legitimise the grievances of Muslims who've been evicted from their homes? Unlike Europeans, Muslims have never had a "blame the Jews" crutch. Until they mass illegally immigrated into our land and expelled us, we couldn't have cared less about them.

Vacate our homes and go back to Lithuania and Poland, and I'm sure you'll see the word Jew drop from the Muslim vocabulary.

Yadda.

Quote:
Sharia law fully accepts the implication within ISLAMIC texts, that it is totally permissible for moslems to murder wives and children [who become apostates, or reject ISLAMIC authority of moslem males].
And Sharia law fully accepts the implication within ISLAMIC texts, that it is totally permissible for fathers and mothers, to murder their children.

This is nothing but nonsense, and that's why you couldn't bring a single reference for it. Come on Yadda, try to preserve some semblance of dignity and admit you've invented this yourself.

Quote:
n.b. "Whoever......becomes an unbeliever.....his blood may legally be spilled."

That's right, by the judiciary system, not by the parents based on their own evaluation of the situation.

Quote:
Google;

Google;

Google;
...non-muslims  ????

Google;

Google;
why is the muslim community silent on honor killings

This is what all your 'knowledge' about everything is based on isn't it? You're what's referred to as a 'google scholar'.

You don't actually know anything about anything... but you can google it if need be.

Quote:
Paraphrasing Abu [and his logic, justifying moslem violence, 2010].....

Nice to see yet again you've completely ignored the Biblical quotes (got a knack for that don't ya?).

Quote:
See! See!
Its in the Bible!

The Jews did it in the days of Moses, 3,400 years ago!

But it's not just "the Jews doing it", it's the command of Yahweh... isn't he your god? Yahweh gives great blessings to those who murder their neighbours, friends, brothers and sons... Its right there in your book. Either you admit your book is a load of crap which masquerades as God, claiming to speak on his behalf, or you believe God gives great blessings for such things... which one is it idolator?

Quote:
And we moslems can do this violence too, because today, we moslems are God's people.
See!?

Yet nowhere have I said it's acceptable to do such things, and nowhere have I said I'm quoting your books to prove it's acceptable. So this is just nonsense, like the rest of the crap that comes from you.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #454 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 5:07pm

But it's strange that Islam DOES still obey those rules...but Judaism and Christianity do NOT obey the same sort of rules...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #455 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 9:09pm

abu_rashid wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 4:53pm:
soren,

Quote:
But I forget myself -you are not allowed, Islamically, to have stern words wiv da brovvers and sistas.

Personally I've never come across a single Muslim who thinks it's permissible/acceptable. So never had a chance to have stern words to them. But of course I would if I were to come across such an imbecile.

You are just completely misguided for accepting the ridiculous notion that Muslims/Islam supposedly condone this. You speak from njothing but ignorance and hatred.

Quote:
Blame the jews!!!!

Easy!!!!

This is your feeble attempt to de-legitimise the grievances of Muslims who've been evicted from their homes? Unlike Europeans, Muslims have never had a "blame the Jews" crutch. Until they mass illegally immigrated into our land and expelled us, we couldn't have cared less about them.

Vacate our homes and go back to Lithuania and Poland, and I'm sure you'll see the word Jew drop from the Muslim vocabulary.

Clumsily, once again, you have left out the pertinent point: if Muslims are not allowed to correct the jihadis (you can't argue against your co-religionist doing Allah's work) and non-Muslim are not allowed to correct Mulims - what do you do with all the nutters committing murder and mayhem in the name of Islam? To their faces, you cheer them.

Otherwise you blame the jews, as always. It is not new, as you pretend, it's in the Koran - so it has exisited for all eternity for Muslims. You hide behind your exaggerated grievances. The Muslim world has been sliding into insignificance ever since free inquiry was declared unislamic back in the 11th century or thereabouts. You have not made or thought anything new for almost a millenium.

You have painted yourselves into the stupid corner and you cling to utter certainty because your are too stupid, cowardly and backward for anything else.

Humanity's hope is that you guys are mentally negligible and since you have no plan b for getting out of stupid corner, you will remain mentally negligible. Unfortuntely this makes you dangerous because you are powerless except to kill indiscriminatly. Reason is not on your side - you avoid it as something dangerous - so you are left with lashing out randomly.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #456 - Dec 22nd, 2010 at 9:25pm

abu_rashid

Quote:
Israel was a non-existent entity. Illegal Jewish immigrants invaded the country, setup militias and fought their way into a position to be able to setup a state. That is in itself an act of war against the existing inhabitants (Arabs). Plan Dalet is a well known historical fact, not even denied by Israel herself. Your pathetic denial of it here is just an indication of how horribly ignorant you are on this issue. 

Now why does this sound soooo familiar?

Well, because the Muslims did precisely that everywhere from India to Algeria, and temporarily in Iberia and the Balkans.
But notice - the jews are not spreading out from Israel into North Africa and Mezopotamia and Arabia and Sub-Saharan Africa, spreading judaism and expanding the border of Israel. WHy?

Because they have just taken back what sliver of land was theirs to take back. The Muslims can't say that about any place outside perhaps Mecca and Medina, the rest of the 'Muslim lands' was acquired by invasion and by imposing themselves as overlord. 
The Muslim are just one mor of the barbarian tribes that overran Rome, East and West.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #457 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 10:00am

Quote:

Abu,

As i stated elsewhere already, the term 'honour killing' is in 'popular' use in the Western MSM [media], but it is a misnomer [is this term being used in the MSM, to protect ISLAM from open, direct, criticism of moslem violence against moslem apostates?].
Yet it remains the truth, that every 'honour killing' [so called] is justified by moslem perpetrators, as the 'righteous' killing of an 'apostate' or rebel.

Google,
muslim honour killings uk

....these victims are not 'honour killing' victims as such, they are the children of moslem parents, or ex-spouses, who were deemed to have resisted or come to reject the ISLAMIC authority [over their lives], of the male family members.
i.e. The victims, became moslem apostates, in the eyes of other family members.

And in the media reports of these crimes, the victims are often accused by their [moslem family member] killers, of being "Too Western", "Too British", "Too Western".
i.e. Their 'crime' [which justified their killing] was abandoning the ISLAMIC authority [over their lives], of male their family members.

e.g.
A moslem man may seek out marry a non-moslem woman, and 'bring her' into ISLAM.
But ISLAMIC law is, that a moslem woman is never permitted to marry a non-moslem man.
Why not?
Because ISLAM would lose its authority over the life of that woman.
She would become a non-moslem.

ISLAM's highest authority, Allah, in the Koran instructs muslims NOT to marry unbelieving women.

But does that stop moslem men from marrying non-moslem women?    Roll Eyes

"Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise."
Koran 2.221

n.b. A Christian woman *is* an unbelieving women.
But, an ex-Christian woman who is a muslim [covert], *is* a believing women.
i.e. a muslim man is therefore permitted to marry a *muslim* woman, and would not be marrying 'Christian' woman per se.

The Koran also states that the woman, the wife, has [essentially] the status of a field [of earth, 'tilth'].

"Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will; but do some good act for your souls beforehand; and fear Allah. And know that ye are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give (these) good tidings to those who believe."
Koran 2.223

And her husband is permitted to use his wife [to plough her] as he wishes ['how ye will'].
i.e. Moslem women know that it is sinful for a wife to refuse a husband sex, when their husband wants it [sex].
This, is what is sanctified in the Koran, and this sanctity comes from Allah himself.i

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #458 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 10:39am

Nice to see yet again you've completely ignored the Biblical quotes (got a knack for that don't ya?).

Quote:
"A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death." (Leviticus 21:9) This is the only religious text I've ever come across which CLEARLY promotes honour murders. Even though some ignorant Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs etc. might do it out of ignorance and backwardness, their religions do not condone it at all, unlike this text of yours which clearly does.

COVENANT BREAKER

Quote:
"But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house.  Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst." (Deuteronomy  22:20-21)

COVENANT BREAKER

Quote:
"(Moses) stood at the entrance to the camp and shouted, "All of you who are on the LORD's side, come over here and join me." And all the Levites came.  He told them, "This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Strap on your swords! Go back and forth from one end of the camp to the other, killing even your brothers, friends, and neighbors."  The Levites obeyed Moses, and about three thousand people died that day.  Then Moses told the Levites, "Today you have been ordained for the service of the LORD, for you obeyed him even though it meant killing your own sons and brothers. Because of this, he will now give you a great blessing."  (Exodus 32:26-29) Love thy neighbour? No! Murder thy neighbour, and thy friend and thy brother even!

COVENANT BREAKERS

Response...

Numbers 30:2
If a man vow a vow unto the LORD, or swear an oath to bind his soul with a bond; he shall not break his word, he shall do according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

++++

Abu, you like to quote the Old Testament, to try to show how unjust [or severe?] the punishments were, to try to shock us.
Or, to try to embarrass people like myself.
You will have to try harder Abu.

A lesson from the Bible Abu.

The Hebrew people, were chosen by God, to be a separate, and holy people;

Leviticus 20:24
...I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Deuteronomy 7:6
For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

It is recorded [in the books of Moses] that after being redeemed from bondage in Egypt, the Hebrew people entered into a covenant with their holy God.

Dictionary;
covenant = =
1 a solemn agreement.
2 [theology] an agreement held to be the basis of a relationship of commitment with God.

The agreement [consent] of the people, was recorded;

"...And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do...."
Exodus 19:5-8

As part of their covenant with God, God demanded that those children of Jacob [Israel], who were in-covenant, and who wilfully broke their covenant with their holy God, be killed, as covenant breakers.
Harsh?
Yes.
But any Hebrew could simply separate himself from his people [and, separate himself from his God], and go into the world, and join himself, to the world.
But he could not remain among a holy people [the children of Israel] as a covenant breaker, because the covenant with God demanded that those who wilfully broke their covenant, with God, must be killed.

+++
THE HOLY LAND

The God of Israel also commanded the Hebrew people to kill the inhabitants of the land [the land the Hebrew people were given, in possession, by their God].

Why kill the inhabitants of the land?
The Bible says that it was so as to cleanse the land of the wickedness of its inhabitants.
Again, harsh?
Yes.

Leviticus 18:26
Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
27  (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiledWink
28  That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

God gave no person, not even his 'special' Hebrew people [Jews today], a sanction, to murder people, or persecute people, because they were not Hebrews [or, Jews today].

It is clear [in studying the books of Moses] that the violent judgements in the OT [the books of Moses], were directed exclusively against;
1/ covenant breakers  [i.e. only Hebrews], and,
2/ those people who are wicked, oppressors, common criminals  [i.e. anyone, everyone, could be caught in this category, dependant upon their conduct].
« Last Edit: Feb 20th, 2011 at 1:46pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #459 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 11:06am

Outstanding post Yadda.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #460 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 11:17am

chicken_lipsforme wrote on Dec 23rd, 2010 at 11:06am:
Outstanding post Yadda.

Thank you chicken_lipsforme.

I give all the honour to my God, my redeemer.
The God of Israel.
And i pray every day, that he would heal me.

"I say then, Hath God cast away his people? God forbid....
For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes."
Romans 11

Many people in this world may believe that the OT speaks of a distant past.
It doesn't.
The OT speaks of what is coming.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #461 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 12:52pm

Quote:
Google;

Google;

Google;
...non-muslims  ????

Google;

Google;
why is the muslim community silent on honor killings

This is what all your 'knowledge' about everything is based on isn't it? You're what's referred to as a 'google scholar'.

You don't actually know anything about anything... but you can google it if need be.

Abu,
I merely place Google 'keywords' in some of my posts, so that people who peruse these posts [if they are unfamiliar with the arguments being made, or are unfamiliar with the subject of debate], can quickly go and look for themselves, and search out a diverse number of points of view, and thereby better inform themselves.

Given relevant information, people can thereby come to their own conclusions, on a disputed issue.

Yadda,    ...a 'google scholar', who doesn't actually know anything about anything.

1 Corinthians 2:11
For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.
12  Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
13  Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

"...for they are foolishness unto him"

Luke 18:15
And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.
16  But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
17  Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2010 at 1:02pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #462 - Dec 25th, 2010 at 9:46pm

Quote:
Iraqi kills daughter who wanted to be suicide bomber
An Iraqi man killed and buried his teenaged daughter after learning she had intended to become a suicide bomber for al Qaeda, a security official said on Friday.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20101224/tts-uk-iraq-violence-ca02f96.html

If this is truthful, if the facts are as reported, then i say, well done, to the father.

"Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you."

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #463 - Dec 26th, 2010 at 1:45pm

Quote:
A BURKA-clad female suicide bomber in Pakistan lobbed hand grenades, then detonated her explosive belt among a crowd at an aid centre, killing at least 45 people.
Police believe it is the first time Islamic militants have sent a woman to carry out a suicide attack in Pakistan, where the US-led war in Afghanistan against al-Qa'ida and the Taliban insurgents continues to spill over, despite Islamabad's repeated claims of victory on its side of the porous border.

The bomber, dressed in the head-to-toe burka robes that women commonly wear in Pakistan and Afghanistan, was challenged by police at a check point in a tribal region bordering Afghanistan, officials said.

She then charged toward a group of 300 people lined up outside the food aid distribution centre in the town of Khar, tossing two hand grenades before blowing herself up, officials said. The crowd was made up of people who have fled conflicts elsewhere in the area.........

merry christmas from islam

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #464 - Dec 26th, 2010 at 8:18pm

more muslim terrorists the west has to pay the legal fees for.

charge the mosques, or burn the mosques dwn

Quote:
Twelve men of Somali origin have been arrested in the Dutch port city of Rotterdam on suspicion of involvement in terrorist activities, the Netherlands prosecution service said on Saturday.

The men were arrested late on Friday following a tip-off by Dutch intelligence "that a number of Somalis wanted to commit a terrorist attack in the Netherlands in the near future", a statement said.

The suspects are aged between 19 and 48. Six live in Rotterdam, five have no known address and one is a Danish resident.

Advertisement: Story continues below "They are of Somali origin, but several of them have Dutch nationality and one of them has Danish nationality," prosecution spokesman Wim de Bruin told AFP. "We have not yet determined the nationality of some of them."

Investigators searched a shop and four houses in Rotterdam and two motel rooms in the southern town of Gilze-Rijen as part of the probe, but found no weapons or explosives.

De Bruin said the men "are being questioned".

"They will be brought before a judge within three days to decide whether or not to keep them in custody."

More arrests are not on the cards "for now", the spokesman said.

Judith Sluiter, spokeswoman for the National Coordinator for Counter-Terrorism, said the arrests did not warrant changing the country's terror threat level from "limited".

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 
Send Topic Print