Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Karl Marx 1867 gave this prediction (Read 6078 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: Karl Marx 1867 gave this prediction
Reply #30 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:46pm

Marx is a complete dude, you mean.

It is not hard to be worse than capitalism. All the alternatives are easily worse. The options are very limted and none of them an improvement on capitalism. You either go with indiviual rights (captalism) or sign up to some other source of ultimate right and responsibility - and find yourself oppressed and tyrannised pretty quickly.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:48pm

Are you trying to say that Marx is a complete dude?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:50pm

soren - yeah, it may seem that a rabid right winger is the most oppressive.
But really they are the most progressive and compleltely foo individual rights and freedom of speech.

The rabid right winger really wants their no-hoper neighbour to fire up and create a thriving business.
That's the best neighbourhood.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #33 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:59pm

I think you are confusing it with libertarian sprint. There are plenty of right wingers who want the government to tell you what you can and cannot do.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Mar 16th, 2009 at 11:04pm

freediver wrote on Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:48pm:
Are you trying to say that Marx is a complete dude?

dud - e's crossed off.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 3:02am

Soren wrote on Mar 16th, 2009 at 10:46pm:
Marx is a complete dude, you mean.

It is not hard to be worse than capitalism. All the alternatives are easily worse. The options are very limted and none of them an improvement on capitalism. You either go with indiviual rights (captalism) or sign up to some other source of ultimate right and responsibility - and find yourself oppressed and tyrannised pretty quickly.

Capitalism is flawed from the start. It is mathematically set up to fail, pure capitalism, that is.

Let's look at what would be considered the most capitalist country on earth in regards individual rights and oppression.

America:

Patriot act

Do I need to continue?

Economic systems do not necessarily equate to freedom or oppression.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 7:49am

Russians decided that capitalism is better and not going back to marxist state.

North Koreans are also fine example of freedom and economic prosperity that commie ideology preaches about.

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 8:27am

Yes dictatorships aren't fun.

It's not going to happen to Australia.

Our alleged threat Indonesia can't invade us. However, them imposing a dictatorship is a slim chance, even if they got here, they'd get chewed up by Australian forces. They have too many problems at home to deal with, anyway.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #38 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:48am

tallowood wrote on Mar 17th, 2009 at 7:49am:

North Koreans are also fine example of freedom and economic prosperity that commie ideology preaches about.

The Russians simply decided to swap goverment corruption for private corruption. They are just spreading the greed a little further and not shooting as many people.

Just look at the latest financial disaster driven by the poster boys for capitalism, the speculative financial sector. This has to be one of the biggest and most elaborate conjobs in human history. And it's the little man coping it up the arse again. There was some chaffe sacrificed but the big boys just got a hell of a lot more powerful in one fell swoop AND recieved a cheque from the taxpayers for a (punchline) bailout. The Harvard business grad who came up with this scam is either dead or fantastically well rewarded now.

Oh yes, I did say Marx was a dude, what has been done in his name is a dud.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Mar 17th, 2009 at 10:12pm

Quote:
Let's look at what would be considered the most capitalist country on earth in regards individual rights and oppression.

America:

Patriot act

That doesn't make sense easel. You cannot blame the patriot act on the economic system.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 11:20am

It was in response to soren referring to capitalism as individual rights. I was saying that America, which is referred to as the most capitalist society in the world (perhaps erroneously) has restricted individual freedoms.

Whether or not that has anything to do with capitalism is a different point altogether.

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #41 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 11:41am

That’s not correct. Russian only replaced, forcefully imported, unreasonable Anglo-Saxon's rationalism and Jewish oligarchs pragmatism with reasonable policy that suits Russian mentality.
And it’s happening all around the world.

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 12:55pm

locutius wrote on Mar 17th, 2009 at 9:48am:
tallowood wrote on Mar 17th, 2009 at 7:49am:

The Russians simply decided to swap goverment corruption for private corruption. They are just spreading the greed a little further and not shooting as many people.

Just look at the latest financial disaster driven by the poster boys for capitalism, the speculative financial sector. This has to be one of the biggest and most elaborate conjobs in human history. And it's the little man coping it up the arse again. There was some chaffe sacrificed but the big boys just got a hell of a lot more powerful in one fell swoop AND recieved a cheque from the taxpayers for a (punchline) bailout. The Harvard business grad who came up with this scam is either dead or fantastically well rewarded now.

Oh yes, I did say Marx was a dude, what has been done in his name is a dud.

Actually soviet commies used mass starvation more then they used shooting and loosing money is by far not as bad as starve to death.

BTW, artos got it wrong again, the commie marxist system was replaced with reasonable Anglo-Saxon's rationalism and capitalist pragmatism.

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

athos
Gold Member

Re-educate barbarians

Hong Kong
Reply #43 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 1:35pm

BTW, artos got it wrong again, the commie marxist system was replaced with reasonable Anglo-Saxon's rationalism and capitalist pragmatism.
[/quote]

If you are right why then your Yankeestan is going broke and Russia not?

Do we need to be always politically correct.
In the world of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #44 - Mar 18th, 2009 at 2:54pm

This type thing is only pragmatic and reasonable for the few and the powerful. The public have only enjoyed the benefit of western capitalism because of the agenda to increase its market and that required a materialistic and psychological defeat of communism or any closed market economy. Almost makes me wish for the old Russia and China back actually. My dillema is that I would happily dance on the grave of both communism and laissez fair capitalism. What a pity that the general public seems incapable or uninterested in untangling the charade of coupling democracy and predatory capitalism.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print