Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hypocrisy of vaccination funding (Read 1023 times)
mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Hypocrisy of vaccination funding
Mar 12th, 2009 at 12:37pm

Most of us have heard of the government payment you receive if you vaccinate your child, but you can also receive it if you don't vaccinate your child.  With all the new migrants coming into our country - why are people being rewarded for not vaccinating their children?

What a defeatist policy - and what's the purpose of it?  Don't parents vaccinate their children because they want to protect them and other children from once eradicated diseases.  You used to have to show proof when your children started school that their vaccinations were up to date - now there is no such requirement.

Quote:
ANCIENT diseases wiped out by vaccines are festering in pockets across the state where parents continue to refuse to vaccinate their children.

Health experts last night warned of the return of potentially deadly illnesses, as a whooping cough epidemic already sweeps across NSW.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25173383-5005941,00.html

Don't vaccinate your child and register a conscientious objection with the government and you will still receive your vaccination payment.

Quote:
It is very important that all parents know:

That no school can deny their children entry as a result of their vaccination status.

That vaccination is not compulsory in Australia.

That they can register as a conscientious objector to vaccination and still get their Maternity Immunisation Allowance and all Childcare payments.

Vaccines contain many toxic chemicals including formaldehyde, a known cancer-causing substance. According to the Poisons Information Centre, "There is no acceptable safe amount of formaldehyde if being injected into a human body. It is a toxic substance and should be avoided at all costs."

http://www.kindredmedia.com.au/info/vaccination_know_your_choices/69/1

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Hypocrisy of vaccination funding
Reply #1 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 1:13pm

That's wrong.
Don't get vaccinated, but get the money for it !!!!!!!!

Vaccinations have improved health very effectively, in the main.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 5:05pm

Quote:
Vaccines contain many toxic chemicals including formaldehyde, a known cancer-causing substance. According to the Poisons Information Centre, "There is no acceptable safe amount of formaldehyde if being injected into a human body. It is a toxic substance and should be avoided at all costs."

That's just stupid. If the cost is our children dying of easily preventable diseases, give them the formaldehyde.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 5:46pm

freediver wrote on Mar 12th, 2009 at 5:05pm:
Quote:

The anti-vaccine people are just so stupid.

If a vaccine kills more people than the disease, then its not released as a vaccine.

Muppets.

That's just stupid. If the cost is our children dying of easily preventable diseases, give them the formaldehyde.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Mar 12th, 2009 at 9:54pm

Unfortunately the "live naturally" lifestyle advocates, promoted a lot of misinformation, and scaremongering about vaccinations, which saw a drop in the numbers of people having their kids vaccinated.
Also we saw the "news"????/"current affairs"???? shows, beating up stories about bad reactions to vaccination, which added to the confusion, and fear, of many new parents, which compounded the problem.

Hopefully with a new round of government information campaigns going, we will see common sense prevail, and the health prospects of our children protected.

The simple fact is that there will always be a very small number of people that suffer adverse reactions to certain medications, but the medical profession is very diligent, and are always working to minimise, or eradicate these bad outcomes, as rare as they are.

I never knew about the opt out scenario that mantra mentioned, but I think it should be stopped, if you do not want to have your child immunised, then that is your right, but you should not then be eligible for what is an incentive payment for doing the right thing, and immunising your kids, you can't have it both ways.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Mar 13th, 2009 at 9:33am

Part of the problem may also be plain selfishness. People rely on enough other parents immunising their kids to stop the spread of these deadly diseases, without going to the trouble of getting their own kids immunised, or taking the risks involved.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print