Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pauline Hanson: The Movie! (Read 614 times)
ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Pauline Hanson: The Movie!
Mar 3rd, 2009 at 3:42pm

Old news I know, but I'm surprised nobody here has posted it yet.

Quote:
Blanchett eyed for Pauline Hanson role

February 19, 2009 - 3:42PM

Filmmakers hope to bring Pauline Hanson's life to the big screen.

A fish-and-chip shop owner rockets onto the national stage, flashes like a comet across the political landscape and ends up dancing with the stars.

There must be a movie in there somewhere, and Melbourne filmmakers Leanne Tonkes and Steve Kearney reckon they're the ones to make it.

What else could a biopic about One Nation founder Pauline Hanson be called but Please Explain.

With that sorted, Kearney and Tonkes have turned their minds to a suitable actor to play the fiery redhead and reckon Cate Blanchett would nail it.

Someone who's played roles as varied as Queen Elizabeth I and Bob Dylan should have no trouble capturing the essence of Pauline, they say.

Tonkes said she found the real Ms Hanson "charismatic" during her research for the film.

"She's lovely, very nice, very charming and patient and understanding," she said.

Tonkes said it could be six months to two years before the movie goes into production.

"Australians should be making films, like the rest of the world, about political subject matter," she said.

Whether dewy-eyed middle-aged men will be elbowing each other aside to see the film - in the same way they clambered to get close to Ms Hanson at the height of her political career - remains to be seen.

Source: AAP/The Age

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Pauline Hanson: The Movie!
Reply #1 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 6:52pm

Did anyone else see Pauline's mental breakdown on the news the other night? She went off the rails over questions about all the money she got from the AEC and where it went. She was pretty unconvincing in voicing her policies too.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print