Cornelia Rau (Read 9844 times)
Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Cornelia Rau
Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 9:42pm

Grendel wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 6:10pm:
I agree with Abu...  sign me up too.

That bullshit....  you don't pay someone who lies and refuses to identify herself etc (for whatever reason)   $3mil for holding her in detention whilst trying to work out who the hell she is.

Sorry but that's just not common sense and if its the law the law is yet again an ass.

Ok so you've got no sympathy for an insane person. What about a disabled person who cant talk? Or how about person with Downs Syndrome? Can the government lock them away forever too on the 'suspicion' that they are illegal immigrants?

Before the government deprives anyone of their liberty, they have to be damn sure, they get it right. Otherwise - don't lock the person up. Simple.

I know that people say the law is an ass - but I have to say - most of the laws were made, and are designed with a lot more common sense than there is about in the multiculti braindead leftie hippy commune type thinking there is out there today. I'm glad the procedural stuff was all enshrined in the 19th century and its too boring for the tree huggers to want to change.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 9:45pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 25th, 2009 at 9:18am:
2.6 mill for a 10 month stay in Baxter... sign me up.

And Abu - a whiny cream puff like you wouldn't last 10 minutes in Baxter, let alone 10 months before you were screaming for your mummy.

If you are in Baxter, you are doing massively hard time. Pretty much the same as protective custody in maximum security.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2009 at 10:33pm

Just what do you think should have happened?

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:10am

Grendel wrote on Feb 26th, 2009 at 10:33pm:
Just what do you think should have happened?

They should have had to prepare a trial brief, bring her before a judge and *prove* she was an illegal immigrant. If they cant do that, then she's walking around. You can detain people for a little while, as u check paper work - but not 10 months.

Quote:
Yadda

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #19 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:58am

Yes unfortunately DIMIA was in a huge mess for many years.  Rau wasn't the only one mistakenly locked up.  The government has been pretty quiet about it - but there are plenty of other compensation cases in the system and if they see the light of day - we'll be up for hundreds of millions, possibly more.  We don't know the real figures.

Still it looked good at the time and the RW's applauded the Coalition's decisive action on those who dared come to this country uninvited - act in haste repent at leisure.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 4:59pm

ROTFLMAO...  I'm sorry since when do illegal immigrants or visa overstayers go before local courts?

The police did detain her and tried to verify her credentials thats why she ended up in the hands of immigration.  LOL

oh mantra...  are you exaggerating again? care to list all those cases?  I can think of 2.

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:50pm

Grendel wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 at 4:59pm:
ROTFLMAO...  I'm sorry since when do illegal immigrants or visa overstayers go before local courts?

They do only if the person objects to being deported. I thought you were asking me what should have happened, not what did or does happen.  There should in my view be judicial oversight on detention and deportation orders. Issue the order, bring it before a judge. Because otherwise, what's to stop some government from detaining anyone that is inconvenient? Already, they have that power under the anti-terrorist act.

Tomorrow, the Rudd government could detain the entire other side of Parliament and say it was unfortunate that they were engaged in a plot to overthrow the government. And there would not be a damn thing anyone could do about it. Thats pretty scary.

Quote:
The police did detain her and tried to verify her credentials thats why she ended up in the hands of immigration.  LOL

Not very hard or well.

Ok, so in your view, I find the local town drunk who is walking down the streets talking to himself and gesturing to no one. I can say 'Illegal immigrant' detain him, deport him, and because he is incapable of defending himself, and has no ID - that is just fine with you?

Same for disabled people? The insane? Anyone a bit inconvenient?

Quote:
Yadda

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Feb 27th, 2009 at 8:44pm

ROTFLMAO again...

Why don't you stick to the facts...  she was "found" and was speaking in a foreign tongue and English with an accent and presented herself under a foreighn name and as a foreigner.  Just as now she refuses Australian help...  maybe she has an identity crisis.

Having failed to identify her due to her lying, dissembling, obvious mental instability, and the fact she wasn't reported as a missing person at the time.... they did the next logical thing and put her into the hands of the immigration department, for identification purposes etc. She presented herself in all things not as Australian but as a foreigner.  Little wonder they had such a hard time identifying her.

Once again i will ask you..  what reasonable actions would you have taken that they in your opinion did not do?

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #23 - Mar 2nd, 2009 at 9:56am

Calanen wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 at 6:50pm:
Grendel wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 at 4:59pm:

They do only if the person objects to being deported. I thought you were asking me what should have happened, not what did or does happen.  There should in my view be judicial oversight on detention and deportation orders. Issue the order, bring it before a judge. Because otherwise, what's to stop some government from detaining anyone that is inconvenient? Already, they have that power under the anti-terrorist act.

Tomorrow, the Rudd government could detain the entire other side of Parliament and say it was unfortunate that they were engaged in a plot to overthrow the government. And there would not be a damn thing anyone could do about it. Thats pretty scary.

That's a good idea. Afterall, they are plotting to overthrow the government. Grin

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #24 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 1:31am

Grendel wrote on Feb 27th, 2009 at 8:44pm:
ROTFLMAO again...

Why don't you stick to the facts...  she was "found" and was speaking in a foreign tongue and English with an accent and presented herself under a foreighn name and as a foreigner.  Just as now she refuses Australian help...  maybe she has an identity crisis.

Having failed to identify her due to her lying, dissembling, obvious mental instability, and the fact she wasn't reported as a missing person at the time.... they did the next logical thing and put her into the hands of the immigration department, for identification purposes etc. She presented herself in all things not as Australian but as a foreigner.  Little wonder they had such a hard time identifying her.

Once again i will ask you..  what reasonable actions would you have taken that they in your opinion did not do?

Maybe she's a hypno spy and the programming is breaking down. You can't be too dumb to speak other languages with an accent.

Maybe she isn't unstable, but is either being purposely discredited thanks to a bit of mind control, or the layers are corrupted due to bad programming or rebelling against her internal system.

Also, she might be mentally unwell. Or drug addled.

You never know.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #25 - Mar 3rd, 2009 at 7:12pm

The government has a duty of care to insane people in custody. There are plenty of people who, like Rau, are incapable of acting in their own defence. The fact that they are incapable of acting in their own defence is no excuse to lock them up. Even from an economic perspective it does not make sense. 10 months in baxter would have cost an absolute fortune. Germany is not some third world country with no idea who is a citizen and who isn't. The fact that they speak German and not English is no excuse for our government not to get the mess sorted out.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 9:41am

freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2009 at 7:12pm:
The government has a duty of care to insane people in custody. There are plenty of people who, like Rau, are incapable of acting in their own defence. The fact that they are incapable of acting in their own defence is no excuse to lock them up. Even from an economic perspective it does not make sense. 10 months in baxter would have cost an absolute fortune. Germany is not some third world country with no idea who is a citizen and who isn't. The fact that they speak German and not English is no excuse for our government not to get the mess sorted out.

Thank you. The voice of reason.

Insane people, disabled people, mute people, deaf people - all deserve a fair trial before being incarcerated.  You should have to go before a judge and prove the person is an illegal immigrant before detaining and deporting them. Not just say 'Well she probably is'. And if you cant prove it, as I say, she's walking around. That's the way our system works. Proof or gtfo.

Quote:
Yadda

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 9:46am

Good grief...  she was detained as much for being a risk to herself than anyone else.

Now how about answering my question...?  Too difficult for you?

BTW these insane people wandering the streets...  ah, do we let them keep wandering the streets before they have a trial?  And just what would the charges be exactly?  Wandering the streets without a fully functioning mind?  Where would the police find them and would they turn up for a trial?  You guys make me laugh.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #28 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 9:58am

freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2009 at 7:12pm:

Where do we draw the line.  We have thousands of Australian citizens crying out for help because of the limited support available for their mentally ill relatives and there is little or no help - so the families just plod on caring for their relatives to the best of their ability.

Yet here we have a German woman with dual nationality who has an articulate and intelligent family who didn't even bother to report her missing.  If Rau is so incapable why was she allowed to manage her own affairs and keep her passport and access this compensation.

Any other Australian in this situation would be put immediately under the control of a state Guardianship Board if her family weren't prepared to be responsible.

Why is so much money being used to cater to this woman's mental problems when so many others more genuinely in need are neglected?  The $2.6 million she received would have kept Sydney streets clean of the homeless for a year and provided some care for them.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Mar 4th, 2009 at 10:04am

The amount of money the government waste on useless MC policies would have kept Sydney and other cities and towns streets clean of the homeless for many years and provided some care for them. Would it not be wonderful?

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print