Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Islamic TV Station Founder Beheads his wife (Read 9540 times)
Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Islamic TV Station Founder Beheads his wife
Feb 17th, 2009 at 8:38pm

TV founder charged with beheading wife in Buffalo, New York

From correspondents in New York

February 17, 2009 07:15pm

Muzzammil Hassan and Aasiya Hassan
Horrific ... Bridges TV founder and CEO Muzzammil Hassan is charged with beheading his wife, Aasiya Hassan / Reuters

* "Numerous domestic calls to home"
    * Wife had filed for divorce
    * Second-degree murder charge

THE founder of a US television station aimed at countering stereotypes of Muslims has been arrested and charged with beheading his wife, local media reports.

Muzzammil Hassan was charged with second-degree murder of his wife, Aasiya Hassan, whose decapitated body was found on Thursday by police at the Bridges TV station in Buffalo, New York state, police told The Buffalo News.

"He came to the police station at 6.20pm (Thursday) and told us that she was dead," Orchard Park Police Chief Andrew Benz told the newspaper.

Police reportedly went to Bridges TV, which Mr Hassan founded in 2004, and discovered her body.

Bridges TV said in a statement it was "deeply shocked and saddened by the murder of Aasiya (Zubair) Hassan and subsequent arrest of Muzzammil Hassan".

CNN reported on its website that Police Chief Benz said Mr Hassan, 44, confessed to beheading his wife.
Related Coverage

* Muslim TV chief 'beheads wife'Herald Sun, 17 Feb 2009
    * Probe into handover of babyThe Australian, 8 Jan 2009
    * Nurse 'abandoned baby at airport'Courier Mail, 7 Jan 2009
    * Newborn left with strangerHerald Sun, 7 Jan 2009
    * Australian death toll could riseNEWS.com.au, 30 Nov 2008

Police Chief Benz said Mr Hassan's wife, 37, had filed for divorce on January 6, and that police had responded to numerous domestic violence calls at the couple's home, according to CNN.

He reportedly had two children, aged four and six, with his wife, and two other children, age 17 and 18, from a previous marriage.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25069612-2,00.html

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Re: Islamic TV Station Founder Beheads his wife
Reply #1 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 8:44pm

Understatement # 4532:

Muzzammil Hassan established his own TV network to show Muslims in a good light. Decapitation charges will not help.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #2 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 8:45pm

No doubt he did it because of Islam right?

I mean when Christians or atheists kill their spouses, it's because of domestic disputes and the like, but when Muslims do it, no no no it must be because of their religion...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 9:00pm

Hmmm... decapitation. Which belief system is that associated with?

And don't come the stupid 'domestic dispute' softening. You don't behead someone even in a drunken domestic dispute. This was honour killing, a very Muslim custom we hear far more about in the west now that we have muslims in spades.

IP Logged

Jim Profit

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 9:24pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 at 8:45pm:
No doubt he did it because of Islam right?

I mean when Christians or atheists kill their spouses, it's because of domestic disputes and the like, but when Muslims do it, no no no it must be because of their religion...

This I agree with. They just assumed that since he was Muslim, oh, it just makes it so much worse.

Rascism blinds us to the underlining principle. A murder took place.

Quite frankly I'd defend him in court anyway. I'd defend him on the basis that he was distrought from the stress of work, and his wife trying to divorce him. In a fit of passion, he beheaded her.

People shouldn't get in relationships if they don't plan to stick around for the long term. I figure if you can't stickby "till death do us part", either spouse has the right to make you fulfill that bargain..

Just a poor guy sick of his life. Aren't we all..

But I still believe there's something left for you and me.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #5 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 9:27pm

Quote:

I don't think there's any Islamic text which deals with decapitation. Just because you, as a bigot, wrongly associate it with Islam, doesn't mean an actual association exists.

Quote:
You don't behead someone even in a drunken domestic dispute

Nah you shoot, stab, poison, castrate, chop them up into pieces, throw your kids off the Westgate bridge.. but don't dare decapitate them...

Anyway according to wikipedia, your lot has quite a history of decapitation, if anything it's part of your history/culture, not that of Muslims.

Quote:
In Nordic Countries, decapitation was the usual means of carrying out capital punishment.

Quote:
Many German states had used a guillotine-like device known as a Fallbeil since the 17th and 18th centuries, and decapitation by guillotine was the usual means of execution in Germany until the abolition of the death penalty in West Germany in 1949.

Quote:
In traditional China decapitation was considered a more severe form of punishment than strangulation although strangulation caused more prolonged suffering.

Quote:
In Japan, decapitation was a common punishment, sometimes for minor offenses.

Quote:
During the Frisian Peasant Rebellion between 1515 and 1523, the Burgundian and Habsburgian enemies were usually beheaded when captured to prevent them from returning to fight again.
(Oops how can that be?? Europeans never had violent rebellions did they?? Wasn't that  strictly a Muslim phenomena?? and with beheadiings too?? This must be an error, beheading is a Muslim practise, according to soren's dodgey associations anyway)

Quote:
Less orthodox instances of decapitation have also occurred in recent times in some areas of Colombia. Marxist FARC guerrilla as well as right-wing paramilitary groups such as the AUC have sometimes used this method to intimidate local populations and political opponents, and it has not been uncommon for criminal gangs of druglords to also make limited use of decapitation on occasion. The primary means of decapitation in these cases has been the use of a machete or a chainsaw.

British man decapitates HIMSELF during domestic dispute with wife
Canadian bus beheading (Wasn't his wife, was the passenger on the  next seat, so you got me there)
Idaho man pleads guilty in beheading death of estranged wife
And let us not forget the great British monarch Henry the Eighth (Perhaps the most famous beheader of wives in human history)

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #6 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 10:36pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 at 9:27pm:
Quote:

I don't think there's any Islamic text which deals with decapitation. Just because you, as a bigot, wrongly associate it with Islam, doesn't mean an actual association exists.

Text schmext - practice, dear boy, practice. I recall sundry placards and shouts in london calling for the beheading of all who insult Jews... no... wait.... er...  islam  (hard to tell the differencee, I know).  And the then there were a largee number of head hacking videos doing the rounds at the height of the Iraqi 'resistance'. Who could forget those? And Thai schoolgirlss beheaded by Muslims.  Not to mention that beheading is still an official punishmeent meted out for certain crimes in some countries whose relogion escapes me.  Muslims do not need bigots like me to establish the all too clear link between muslim displeasure and beheading.

Just as a by the way - is there really no discernible differeence in your mind between, say, 16th century and present day Europe? Do you actually think that Henry VIII is a guide or example to life for present day people in England? Do you really think that these sort of insane examples signify anything other than how unmoored you have become from your contemporaries? Do you think that in the absence of our own Mohammed, we follow any and every guy with a beard and a large libido?

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 10:42pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 at 9:27pm:
Quote:

O RLY there habibi?

KORAN:

YUSUFALI: Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): "I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them."

YUSUFALI: Therefore, when ye meet the Unbelievers (in fight), smite at their necks; At length, when ye have thoroughly subdued them, bind a bond firmly (on them): thereafter (is the time for) either generosity or ransom: Until the war lays down its burdens. Thus (are ye commanded): but if it had been Allah's Will, He could certainly have exacted retribution from them (Himself); but (He lets you fight) in order to test you, some with others. But those who are slain in the Way of Allah,- He will never let their deeds be lost.

“As for the captives, the amir [ruler] has the choice of taking the most beneficial action of four possibilities: the first to put them to death by cutting their necks; the second, to enslave them and apply the laws of slavery regarding their sale and manumission; the third, to ransom them in exchange for goods or prisoners; and fourth, to show favor to them and pardon them. Allah, may he be exalted, says, 'When you encounter those [infidels] who deny [the Truth=Islam] then strike [their] necks' (Qur'an sura 47, verse 4)”....Abu’l-Hasan al-Mawardi, al-Ahkam as-Sultaniyyah." [The Laws of Islamic Governance, trans. by Dr. Asadullah Yate, (London), Ta-Ha Publishers Ltd., 1996, p. 192. Emphasis added.]

"Those who were brought in alive [having surrendered] were ordered beheaded, after which a tower of skulls was erected in the camp." [The Baburnama -Memoirs of Babur, Prince and Emperor, translated and edited by Wheeler M. Thacktson, Oxford University Press,1996, p. 188. Emphasis added.]

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #8 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 10:49pm

Quote:
Just as a by the way - is there really no discernible differeence in your mind between, say, 16th century and present day Europe? Do you actually think that Henry VIII is a guide or example to life for present day people in England?

I gave you three modern day examples of beheadings in Western countries, two of them involved domestic disputes. Why did you pass them over and only refer to Henry VIII?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Feb 17th, 2009 at 11:18pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 17th, 2009 at 10:49pm:
Quote:
Just as a by the way - is there really no discernible differeence in your mind between, say, 16th century and present day Europe? Do you actually think that Henry VIII is a guide or example to life for present day people in England?

I gave you three modern day examples of beheadings in Western countries, two of them involved domestic disputes. Why did you pass them over and only refer to Henry VIII?

He was your trump card, it seems, the only one involving a western man and his wife. In the 16th century.
The idaho man was an immigrant from tuvalu. The guy on the bus was Chinese - so no Western connections there.
The british guy beheaded himself - a case of revenge by self-harm gone far too far.
The last time westerners encounters habitual beheaders was in WWII againsst thee japanese.  It was thought barbaric then, as now.

And you know as well as anyone that the juxtaposition of 'founder of TV network to show Muslims in a good light' and 'Decapitation charges will not help'  cuts to the core of the matter. The guy has confirmed millions of people in their perceeption of islam, far more than the number of people the TV station would have ever reached, let alone changed their minds about Islam.

Many who set out to be ambassadors for Islam end up confirming people's worse opinions about it. You are doing your bit in this direction, too.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 2:21pm

Quote:
THE founder of a US television station aimed at countering stereotypes of Muslims has been arrested and charged with beheading his wife, local media reports.

OMG. Could the irony be any starker?

Quote:
Nah you shoot, stab, poison, castrate, chop them up into pieces, throw your kids off the Westgate bridge.. but don't dare decapitate them...

Abu, no-one here is suggesting any of those things is a good idea. However you do suggest that stoning people to death is a good idea.

Quote:
In Japan, decapitation was a common punishment, sometimes for minor offenses.

Grin like cheating on your husband who is 30 years your senior?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #11 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 3:15pm

I see abu is still deflecting to try and excuse the vileness that is Islam.

And I agree with FD, best example yet of Irony. Ever.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Jim Profit

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 8:13pm

jordan484 wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 at 3:15pm:
I see abu is still deflecting to try and excuse the vileness that is Islam.

Oh Christ, are you going to protest an Islamic church with guy fawsks masks like 4chan did Scientology? lulz!

Islam has a strong and very commendable culture. Why is it when a Muslim commits a crime it's somehow more severe then when anybody else commits a crime?

Murder is murder. Who really cares how the person was murdered? Is the woman somehow less dead because she was beheaded then if her husband had poisoned her? Can we even prove she'd die less painfuly if the latter had happened?

I wish there were more Muslims in my country. Maybe then it wouldn't suck so bad.

But I still believe there's something left for you and me.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 9:24pm

Abu is right. Islam really does have a strong appeal to some westerners.

Jim Profit wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 at 3:00pm:
I think Mohammad is a pretty cool guy, eh marries the ten year olds, and doesn't afraid of nothing!

lol, seriously. Islam is a religion I've thought of converting too. The only reason I havn't is because they're much more strict then I am. But we definitely get along in the like little girls and violence category..

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Feb 18th, 2009 at 9:36pm

Jim Profit wrote on Feb 18th, 2009 at 3:00pm:
I think Mohammad is a pretty cool guy, eh marries the ten year olds, and doesn't afraid of nothing!

lol, seriously. Islam is a religion I've thought of converting too. The only reason I havn't is because they're much more strict then I am. But we definitely get along in the like little girls and violence category..

[/quote]

I really hope you are safely incarcerated aleady. Or you soon come across a bunch of 'righteous brothers' in the super heavey weight bracket who can get 'medieval on yer arse', as the poet says. You are is sore need of your own medicine - sore being the operative word.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print