Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Saudi judge sentences pregnant gang-rape victim (Read 1328 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Saudi judge sentences pregnant gang-rape victim
Feb 12th, 2009 at 12:10pm

Is this Sharia justice, for a rape victim?

I know that abu will probably claim that Saudi Arabia IS NOT a Sharia jurisdiction,
but most [other] impartial observers, would acknowledge that Saudi Arabia is at least nominally a Sharia jurisdiction.

February 11, 2009
Saudi judge sentences pregnant gang-rape victim to 100 lashes for adultery

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1141267/Saudi-judge-sentences-...
http://www.jihadwatch.org/dhimmiwatch/archives/024798.php

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Saudi judge sentences pregnant gang-rape victim
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2009 at 6:04pm

Muslims claim that Islam is a slightly less barbaric system than what the Saudis have. But if you put the nutcases in charge, what else would you expect? If you don't like what you end up with, too bad, you are living in an Islamic dictatorship. Maybe your suffering will be a footnote by a learned scholar in a few centuries who acknowledges it was more wrong than it should have been under 'ideal' Islam.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #2 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 9:14am

freediver wrote on Feb 12th, 2009 at 6:04pm:
Muslims claim that Islam is a slightly less barbaric system than what the Saudis have. But if you put the nutcases in charge, what else would you expect? If you don't like what you end up with, too bad, you are living in an Islamic dictatorship.
Maybe your suffering will be a footnote by a learned scholar in a few centuries who acknowledges it was more wrong than it should have been under 'ideal' Islam.

ISLAM is a failed cultural 'model'.

But the irrational, and culture based,
pride
of muslims, ensures that no such admission, or self-acknowledgement, will ever see the light of day.

Why not?

Because ISLAM is an 'honour' based culture.
....[as opposed to TRUTH based.]

And ISLAMIC societies do not value self-criticism or TRUTH, ....above 'honour'.

ISLAM / muslims, are locked within a self fulfilling paradigm, which states that ISLAM is the perfect philosophy, therefore no reform is necessary.

And in fact, any call for reform of ISLAM, is seen as a [lethal] heresy.

How can muslims ever learn self-criticism, when from childhood, muslims are methodically taught about the perfection of their 'great' founder, and the perfection of their own 'religion'?
.....[while at the same time, they learn about the worthlessness of all things un-ISLAMIC].

Any reform is continually repressed, while daily, muslim children witness the fate of critics [of ISLAM] within their 'perfection' bound society.

And the perfection of ISLAM, and the proper morality of muslim society, is confirmed to muslims, within the great and 'inerrant' Koran....

"Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah. "
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/033.qmt.html#033.021

"Ye [muslims] are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith, it were best for them: among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors."
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/003.qmt.html#003.110

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Feb 13th, 2009 at 9:22am

Well I am a perverted transgressor, (and loving it) and I am not even of the book!

Yes Yadda, it is hard to fix a problem, when every tenet of their system tells them there is no problem.

It is Mary Poppins religion, "practically perfect in every way", and like Mary Poppins, it is a fantasy concept, but one which way too many, take way too seriously.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print