Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Refugee payments. Could this be accurate? (Read 6602 times)
Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Refugee payments. Could this be accurate?
Reply #15 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 11:34am

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/refugee-payment-hoax.shtml

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 11:46am

snopes.com has a good reputation for this sort of thing as well

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 11:03pm

freediver wrote on Feb 6th, 2009 at 10:47am:
It's a load of bollocks.

The particular email might be, but that sentiment behind it is not.

We are a nation of welfare dependence. Huge sums poured into welfare, making it more attractive to be on welfare than it is to work in an entry level job.

And we also continue to import people into this country who have no loyalty to it, and just have their hands out, whatever the figures are. It's also very hard to find out what the figures are.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Feb 9th, 2009 at 8:52am

It's not that hard to find the figures, like the figures that show that immigrants tend to be harder working and create more jobs than locals. You just need to look.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #19 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 6:22pm

freediver wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 at 8:52am:
It's not that hard to find the figures, like the figures that show that immigrants tend to be harder working and create more jobs than locals. You just need to look.

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 6:36pm

You said that last time too DT. But I even posted it on your board for you:

freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 3:39pm:
Immigrants are better educated: report

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1185325096

Migrants are better educated, more law-abiding, are generally healthier and less dependent on welfare than the average Australian-born citizen, a new report reveals.

The costs of migration were found to be low and mainly associated with migrants adjusting to Australia after their arrival.

Researchers found only a "marginal" incidence of racial prejudice to migration, which was overshadowed by a widespread appreciation of the cultural and social benefits to Australia from its migration program.

UNE professor Jim Walmsley, co-editor of the report, said there was no evidence of a "migrant underclass" or "ethnic enclave ghettos" in Australia and the report "dispelled a number of myths about the impact of migrants on the host community".

"On the contrary, the available evidence overwhelmingly supports the view that migrants to Australia have made substantial contributions to Australia's stock of human, social and produced capital," Prof Walmsley said.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #21 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:34pm

freediver wrote on Feb 10th, 2009 at 6:36pm:
You said that last time too DT. But I even posted it on your board for you:

freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 3:39pm:
Immigrants are better educated: report

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1185325096

Migrants are better educated, more law-abiding, are generally healthier and less dependent on welfare than the average Australian-born citizen, a new report reveals.

The costs of migration were found to be low and mainly associated with migrants adjusting to Australia after their arrival.

Researchers found only a "marginal" incidence of racial prejudice to migration, which was overshadowed by a widespread appreciation of the cultural and social benefits to Australia from its migration program.

UNE professor Jim Walmsley, co-editor of the report, said there was no evidence of a "migrant underclass" or "ethnic enclave ghettos" in Australia and the report "dispelled a number of myths about the impact of migrants on the host community".

"On the contrary, the available evidence overwhelmingly supports the view that migrants to Australia have made substantial contributions to Australia's stock of human, social and produced capital," Prof Walmsley said.

Still relying on that solitary/bogus report two years down the track, hey FD?

I might actually believe the report if you could find me similar reports with different researchers, but nothing beats grasping at straws, hey FD?

It's interesting to note that the head researcher of this report, 'Professor'(LMAO... 'professor') Kerry Carrington, seems to have a rather anti-racist/multiculturalist opinion in her earlier work in 1990. Indicating of course that she had a tendency towards bias in her later 'report' in 2007 from the very start. Newscorp, of course, overlook this. Why am I not surprised? Roll Eyes

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #22 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:39pm

All the immigrants I know are very hard working. Just like all people who grew up poor, tough and made great sacrifices to make the world a better place for their children. People inevitably get spoilt when they are born with silver spoon in hand. That is the reality of Australia today. Immigrants have always made Australia what it is, and their spoilt great grandchildren have always clung to their coattails to try to pretend that they themselves made the sacrifice and deserve their position above those less fortunate. It is no wonder that they have such difficulty accepting the facts.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #23 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:55pm

freediver wrote on Feb 10th, 2009 at 7:39pm:
All the immigrants I know are very hard working. Just like all people who grew up poor, tough and made great sacrifices to make the world a better place for their children. People inevitably get spoilt when they are born with silver spoon in hand. That is the reality of Australia today. Immigrants have always made Australia what it is, and their spoilt great grandchildren have always clung to their coattails to try to pretend that they themselves made the sacrifice and deserve their position above those less fortunate. It is no wonder that they have such difficulty accepting the facts.

Well all the immigrants I know, FD, are extremely lazy.

Furthermore, are you talking about third-world or civilised immigrants? The third-worlders I have known are extremely lazy workers (Not to mention liars and scammers) as they come to believe Australia is a free ride, whereas civilsed immigrants are actually educated enough to believe they need to give back something back to the community they've immigrated to.

It's only a misconception that third-world immigrants work harder than the average Australian. This misconception was circulated for YEARS by the eastern/southern European immigrants of the 1950s. Still widely believed today I guess. The 'ocker' image/lazy Aussie image only came about after the late 1960s. Otherwise, Australians saw themselves as rather sophisticated with a good work ethic.

Australians are actually very hard-working people FD, as much as you'd like us to believe otherwise.

Edited:
I might just add that I don't consider the immigrants of the 1950s and 60s third-worlders or uncivilised
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2009 at 8:10pm by ex-member DonaldTrump »  

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 8:46pm

Quote:
The 'ocker' image/lazy Aussie image only came about after the late 1960s. Otherwise, Australians saw themselves as rather sophisticated with a good work ethic.

Of course we used to, and our image of ourselves changed with the reality.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #25 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 9:05pm

freediver wrote on Feb 10th, 2009 at 8:46pm:
Quote:
The 'ocker' image/lazy Aussie image only came about after the late 1960s. Otherwise, Australians saw themselves as rather sophisticated with a good work ethic.

Of course we used to, and our image of ourselves changed with the reality.

We 'see' ourselves in that way, but does that necessarily mean we 'act' in that way?

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 9:25pm

Or course we do. That's why immigrants are harder working, create more jobs etc. I see it every day and that statistics back me up.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #27 - Feb 10th, 2009 at 10:12pm

No they don't.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #28 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 12:50am

freediver wrote on Feb 10th, 2009 at 9:25pm:
Or course we do. That's why immigrants are harder working, create more jobs etc. I see it every day and that statistics back me up.

Third world immigrants are not harder working. I saw it every day when I was in Australia.

Your so-called 'stats' are only 1 report created by someone who is clearly a long-time anti-racist. So, she is most likely bias. 

Third-world immigrants create jobs because they pay immigrants for less and thus they free up more jobs for the same horrible pay.

Therefore, third world immigrants indirectly lead to Australians getting paid less and lower Australian living conditions.

Quote:
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Feb 20th, 2009 at 6:31pm

freediver wrote on Feb 9th, 2009 at 8:52am:

Find me the figures that show what you get paid on welfare as a refugee, and the increase per kid as a refugee.

It's very very difficult to track down, together with rent assistance, housing commission priority, discount travel, discount medicine.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print