Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Respect for islam - by law (Read 12160 times)
Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Respect for islam - by law
Reply #15 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 8:55am

Calanen wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 8:46am:
Yes gumby, the assessment of my courage by a random internet Religion of Peacer - cuts *so* deep that I in fact might be manipulated into letting you know my real name, and identity so you can get fellow Religion of Peacers to have some fatwa against me...

lol...it goes both ways. Forgive us if we don't take your 'I'll fight for my country' claims to seriously.

Two things. 1) I don't care enough to have a punch up with some random dude at the bicycle sheds. 2) I am not really interests in having more crazy people in my life. My job gives me more than my fill.

1) Who said anything about a punch up. Your making an awful lot of assumptions there. I would just like to see if you have the courage to say what you feel to a muslim face to face.

I'm not threatening violence..why would I. Quite frankly, your not worth the bother, and why would I put at risk my families well being, income and standard of life by fighting some tool on the net who clearly has no idea?

Like I said..no violence, no punch ups, just a chat.

More attempts at manipulation, but, I'm not biting so save it.

manipulation? How so?

Perhaps. Time will tell, won't it?

I guess so. And whilst you are here on this site preaching to a bunch of bigots who already probably share your view...we're out there spreading our message. Just last week an friend of mine who is involved with ISNAA, told me that 80 Australians converted to Islam..in just the last month.

Thats 80 people, from one organisation, in one city. Every Friday prayers I attend a 'dinky di' aussie anglo saxon is converting to Islam.

I suggest you stop wasting your time here and get out there in the real world...this is one battle you are losing.

And whats worst....is when it comes to pain and suffering, you haven't seen nothing yet. It isn't us muslims you should be fearing.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 9:54am

Quote:
bwahaha.who you? Your a coward, you've already admitted as much.

You won't even meet me to tell me to my face what you think of muslims.

Lestat are you familiar with the distinction between bravery and stupidity? That would fall squarely in the stupidity box. The whole point of internet forums is that members can converse with people like you without the childish intimidation. I would discourage any member here who isn't an obvious supporter of you to reject any invitation to 'say it to your face'. It's common sense, that's all.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #17 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 10:32am

Calanen,

Quote:
you know all about propaganda. That's what I'm good at, information, writing.

You're not nearly as good as you'd like to think.

About the only people effected by your writing are bigots anyway, you're just reaffirming their irrational fears, that's about it. I don't think you're really having any noticable effect on average people (Thank God). Besides most of your arguments are prettily easily squashed...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 10:43am

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 10:32am:
Calanen,

you know all about propaganda. That's what I'm good at, information, writing.

Quote:
You're not nearly as good as you'd like to think.

Well darn golly there Pontificate of All Writing Styles, I'll go ahead and s***can my publishing contracts because you've just gone and ruined the myth of my writing ability.  

Quote:
About the only people effected by your writing are bigots anyway, you're just reaffirming their irrational fears, that's about it.

You know - not wanting to live as a dhimmi under Islamic overlords is hardly an 'irrational fear', I think that qualifies a person as moderately sane. Not wanting Islamic terror is not an irrational fear either. Demanding unlimited immigration of people committed to the destruction of your society because it is the word of God, is what is irrational.

Quote:
I don't think you're really having any noticable effect on average people (Thank God). Besides most of your arguments are prettily easily squashed...

Well der, this is just a forum board. But in my dicussions with average people, they are HORRIFIED by the whole dhimmi thing, jihad, sharia - the truth that has been covered up.  Tolerance and equality are not a suicide pact.

Regular people do not know. None of them, not even well read ones. That's why you might be winning to some extent. Wait til my book comes out. And sadly, Im publishing under a nom de plume, so you still wont know who I am to have a Salman Rushdie style fatwa on me.

My arguments are not easily squashed, what happens instead is that you just throw around labels, bigot racist, etc - which do not address the arguments at all. And its not you I would convince, its' the regular people. You seek to denigrate the person making the argument, rather than the argument itself. Or use lowbrow tu quoque techniques about how the Lords Resistance Army in Congo or wherever is the equivalent of Al Quada.

You are worse thatn the Islamic jihadis though - because you are a traitor to your own society.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2009 at 10:50am by Calanen »  

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 11:30am

freediver wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 9:54am:
Quote:

Lestat are you familiar with the distinction between bravery and stupidity? That would fall squarely in the stupidity box. The whole point of internet forums is that members can converse with people like you without the childish intimidation. I would discourage any member here who isn't an obvious supporter of you to reject any invitation to 'say it to your face'. It's common sense, that's all.

Being called stupid by you Freediver is a compliment. In fact, if you ever praise anything I say, I would take a long hard good look at myself.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 12:02pm

I didn't call you stupid Lestat. Read it again. You seem to have misunderstood what I posted, again.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #21 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 6:54pm

Calanen,

Quote:
You know - not wanting to live as a dhimmi under Islamic overlords is hardly an 'irrational fear'

It is an irrational fear, because no Muslim in Australia is working to implement a Caliphate here, nor laws relating to dhimmitude. Your only argument is that such concepts exist in Islamic texts, this is true, but even worse concepts exist in Jewish texts, yet you don't have a fear of them... This indicates your fear is irrational.

It's much more irrational than European fears of the Elders of Zion taking over Europe/US.. yet many would contend that the amount of Jews in very high places in the U.S today vindicate those fears.

Quote:
Demanding unlimited immigration of people committed to the destruction of your society because it is the word of God, is what is irrational.

Muslims are not committed to the destruction of Australia, this is just nonsense. Yes we like to proselytise and win converts, as do many other religions, what's wrong with that? Aren't people free to choose their religion? About all you're able to do is point to criminals of Muslim background and claim they represent what Islam brings to the country, it's just farsical, really. Like judging Christianity based on the actions of Christian background criminals, of which there is quite a lot.

Besides who demands unlimited immigration? At the rate Aussies are converting to Islam, there is no need for immigration, our numbers will grow through people embracing Islam of their own accords. And this is really what you don't like, just admit it, you don't like people being free to choose their own beliefs.

Quote:
But in my dicussions with average people, they are HORRIFIED by the whole dhimmi thing, jihad, sharia - the truth that has been covered up

Ignorant people are easily horrified with propaganda and hype, no doubt, not average people.

Quote:
Wait til my book comes out. And sadly, Im publishing under a nom de plume, so you still wont know who I am to have a Salman Rushdie style fatwa on me.

I doubt your book will get much of an audience, unless you can provoke some kind of sensationalist headlines, but that usually entails using your own name...

No doubt, like all islamophobic propagandists who try to pass themselves off as writers you'll try some kind of publicity stunt to get some free publicity... your kind cannot exist without it.

Quote:
My arguments are not easily squashed, what happens instead is that you just throw around labels, bigot racist, etc

Calanen, I don't know who you think you're fooling, but most of your crap here has been challenged, and shown to be baseless. This is probably the first time you've actually come up against Muslims in debate though, as usually you just troll boards with only Anglo audiences, whose fears and ignorance you play on.

Quote:
Or use lowbrow tu quoque techniques about how the Lords Resistance Army in Congo

My posting of articles about the LRA are not a response to anything, so how can they be tu quoque? I merely posted the article as news, and in fact all I received in response to it was a barrage of tu quoque replies, and I think you were amongst them. If anyone is guilty here of tu quoque it is your side. I sometimes might mention the misdeeds of others IN THE CONTEXT of the discussion and as a component of my broader response. You, Grendel, Sprint et al purely respond with tu quoque, not even providing a broader response. On this issue, I gotta say, you've painted yourself as a bit of a hypocrite Calanen.

Quote:
You are worse thatn the Islamic jihadis though - because you are a traitor to your own society.

As I said, irrational fears... you're nothing but a cheap hate-peddling conspiracy theorist. You think because someone embraces another religion he's a traitor to his country... You are lost Calanen, really.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 7:24pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 6:54pm:
Calanen,

[quote]You know - not wanting to live as a dhimmi under Islamic overlords is hardly an 'irrational fear'

Quote:
It is an irrational fear, because no Muslim in Australia is working to implement a Caliphate here, nor laws relating to dhimmitude.

Really. So they've just decided to implement their own Reformation of Islamic law, all on their own to help us out? Man I had you guys pegged all wrong dude, of course you support this country and its secular laws! Group hug!

Quote:
Your only argument is that such concepts exist in Islamic texts, this is true, but even worse concepts exist in Jewish texts, yet you don't have a fear of them... This indicates your fear is irrational.

No - you may not have heard there Shaka Khan but, there are a whole heap of ragheads with guns and RPGs keeping the biggest army the planet has ever seen busy, and that's just a little bit more real than what's in Islamic texts? Wouldn't you say there Malcolm X?

Quote:
It's much more irrational than European fears of the Elders of Zion taking over Europe/US.. yet many would contend that the amount of Jews in very high places in the U.S today vindicate those fears.

Yes I know you are obsessed with the Jews. But the next time the Jews blow up a subway or crash a plane into an office tower or strap on a bomb to entertain kindergarten kids - I might be concerned about them too. Until then, take your Islamofascist hatred of Jews and stick it where the son don't shine.

Quote:
Demanding unlimited immigration of people committed to the destruction of your society because it is the word of God, is what is irrational.

Quote:
Muslims are not committed to the destruction of Australia, this is just nonsense.

You are committed to the destruction of THIS Australia. A free Australia, a secular Australia. Where girls can wear a bikini to the beach if they want, or people can have a beer without being beaten or executed by the Koranic Fun Police.

Quote:
Yes we like to proselytise and win converts, as do many other religions, what's wrong with that?

Well here's the things. Other religions are not political parties and forms of government. There's the problem

Quote:
Aren't people free to choose their religion?

People can choose their religion, but cannot choose to form groups to destroy this country.

Quote:
About all you're able to do is point to criminals of Muslim background and claim they represent what Islam brings to the country, it's just farsical, really. Like judging Christianity based on the actions of Christian background criminals, of which there is quite a lot.

Except Christians dont say they do it for Christ. Muslims say they do things, for Islam. And Islamic texts say, our laws are meaningless. So why follow them?

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 7:25pm

Quote:
It is an irrational fear, because no Muslim in Australia is working to implement a Caliphate here, nor laws relating to dhimmitude.

Yes they are, just not directly. But that is the inevitable result of what you hope to achieve. That is, if Muslims in Australia were sufficiently powerful, it would be inevitable that they would attempt to overthrow the government and replace it with an Islamic dictatorship. You cannot claim that promoting an ideology that demands an Islamic dictatorship has nothing to do with achieving an islamic dictatorship.

Quote:
Your only argument is that such concepts exist in Islamic texts, this is true, but even worse concepts exist in Jewish texts, yet you don't have a fear of them...

Because Jews are not trying to impose their law it on the rest of the world. Jews seem quite happy to leave the barbarity of the old testament to old testament times. Muslims are the only people I ahve come across who seriously suggest it would be nice to return to dictatorship, stoning women to death, killing apostates, wife beating etc.

Quote:
This indicates your fear is irrational.

No it does not. The Jews never have been a threat to civilisation. They never will be.

Quote:
It's much more irrational than European fears of the Elders of Zion taking over Europe/US..

The elders of Zion was a fabrication Abu. Conspiracy theories are irrational fears. Islamic dictatorships are not conspiracy theries. It is right there in the Koran for all to see.

Quote:
Muslims are not committed to the destruction of Australia, this is just nonsense.

Right, there are not trying to sink the continent, only the government and the values sytem. You keep misleading people by insisting that the short term goals of Islam are the only goals of Islam, while pretending that the long term goals do not exist. It is a blatant lie.

Quote:
Yes we like to proselytise and win converts, as do many other religions, what's wrong with that?

As has been pointed out to you over and over again, Islam differs from other religions in that it doubles as an expansionist military empire that has previously sought to spread it's insipid ideology throughout the world via the sword. Judaism has never attempted that.

Quote:
Aren't people free to choose their religion?

Not under virulent ideologies like Islam, where apostates are put to death and people who refuse to convert are actively discriminated against in every aspect of the society.

Quote:
Ignorant people are easily horrified with propaganda and hype, no doubt, not average people.

No Abu, ignorant people are not aware of what Dhimmitude is all about. It is what Muslims theselves say about Dhimmitude that causes concern, not anti-Muslim propaganda. Nothing that Sprint and Yadda posted troubled me in the slightest. It was not until Muslims turned up here and demonstrated how close the reality was to the proaganda that I got concerned. So stop attributing everything to misunderstanding. It is awareness of Islam that causes people to be detested by it. It is the Muslim preachers on the news that speak filth then try to worm their way out of it that rubs against Australian values. No propagandist could ever hope to achieve the same response that Muslims themselves elicit.

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 7:27pm

Quote:
I doubt your book will get much of an audience, unless you can provoke some kind of sensationalist headlines, but that usually entails using your own name...

Well here's the thing there leading literary critic, I get royalty cheques all the time from stuff I've written. How about you there Shakespeare?

Quote:
No doubt, like all islamophobic propagandists who try to pass themselves off as writers you'll try some kind of publicity stunt to get some free publicity... your kind cannot exist without it.

I think Robert Spencer was on the Times best seller list for like forever.

Quote:
Or use lowbrow tu quoque techniques about how the Lords Resistance Army in Congo

Quote:
My posting of articles about the LRA are not a response to anything, so how can they be tu quoque? I merely posted the article as news, and in fact all I received in response to it was a barrage of tu quoque replies, and I think you were amongst them. If anyone is guilty here of tu quoque it is your side. I sometimes might mention the misdeeds of others IN THE CONTEXT of the discussion and as a component of my broader response. You, Grendel, Sprint et al purely respond with tu quoque, not even providing a broader response. On this issue, I gotta say, you've painted yourself as a bit of a hypocrite Calanen.

I think there was just a lot of white noise there after the "My posting of articles"...

Quote:

Quote:
As I said, irrational fears... you're nothing but a cheap hate-peddling conspiracy theorist. You think because someone embraces another religion he's a traitor to his country... You are lost Calanen, really.

No I think, that if a person embraces ONE particular religion that he is a traitor to his country and his society. So there you have it. And one day, there will be a day of reckoning. And in the coming economic disorder, it might be sooner than you think there fez man.

Quote:
Yadda

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #25 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 9:09pm

Calanen wrote on Jan 30th, 2009 at 10:08pm:
I caught a cab this evening. The driver was a Lebanese, a maronite Christian. We were talking about muslims. And I said to him, that most people do not understand that Islam will try to take over this country. And he said to me, something that stopped me in my tracks. He said:

"No my friend. Islam WILL take over this country."

I said "No it wont. What do you mean?'

"No, we deal with the truth my friend, not fantasy. Nobody in this country has the balls to stop Islam, they are walking all over you and rubbing your head in s**** every day and you ask for more. You say "Please feed me some more s**** I like it so much!'. Look, they rape your women, they commit crimes, they take over Lakemba, deal drugs in the nightclubs, all the police do is arrest the muslims out in Lakema. What do you Aussies do. Nothing my friend, nothing..you are lost, sorry my friend but it is true. You dont care enough about your country to stop them."

I said 'I care enough about my country to stop them.'

"Do you? I dont believe it. If you have the balls do something. Otherwise friend, they have already won. I think they have won. I saw what happened in Lebanon. Same thing. It will happen here.'

Something to think about.

I heard the very same sentiments expressed by a Lebanese Christian soccer mum last year.

And that is what Pat Condell, a Londoner, echoes as well.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 9:29pm

Lestat wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 8:09am:
Calanen wrote on Jan 30th, 2009 at 10:08pm:
I said 'I care enough about my country to stop them.'

You won't even meet me to tell me to my face what you think of muslims. Your to scared to even talk to one muslim, and you think we are going to believe that you are going to 'stop us'.

lol....yeah right. Your nothing but a keyboard hero, really tough hiding behind your compute, but then turns to butter in the real world.

If Australia is relying on people like you to stop us...then geez, we've won already.

Cheesy:D:D

An invitation by a mohammedan to a violent encounter - how very unusual!!.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #27 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 9:35pm

Lestat wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 11:30am:
freediver wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 9:54am:
Quote:

Being called stupid by you Freediver is a compliment. In fact, if you ever praise anything I say, I would take a long hard good look at myself.

Cool.  My compliments to you, too, then.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 9:43pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 31st, 2009 at 6:54pm:
If anyone is guilty here of tu quoque it is your side.

Classic.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #29 - Jan 31st, 2009 at 11:35pm

Quote:
How about you there Shakespeare?

Since I wasn't tooting my own horn (something you quite regularly do), that question is irrelevant to me.

Quote:
I think there was just a lot of white noise there after the "My posting of articles"..

As usual, your lame attempt to pass over a point you yourself raised, indicates you concede defeat on that point.

Quote:
No I think, that if a person embraces ONE particular religion that he is a traitor to his country and his society

Yes we're well aware your bigotry only extends to one particular faith, that's the whole point. If it were equally applied to all faiths, then it wouldn't be bigotry so much, just an aversion to religion. The problem is that you attack one particular religion, and usually on points and issues that could just as equally apply to many other religions (eg. extremist violence committed by adherents, crimes committed by people of that religious background, texts you find unsavoury etc). All of those things I have documented as being applicable to other religions, to which you consistently reply "tu quoque", obviously quite unaware that if a tu quoque argument is in relation to exposing inconsistencies in the original accusations, then it's quite valid.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print