Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print
muslim men allowed to rape wives (Read 51409 times)
mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: muslim men allowed to rape wives
Reply #30 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:44am

Quote:
What you think men don't have feelings that way either mantra...  ROTFLMAO.

I suppose you think a normal man thinks taking sex from an unwilling partner is also enjoyable?

Grin

You are funny sometimes Grendel.  I was responding to Sprintcyclist's post - did you read it?  But in regard to a "normal" man enjoying taking sex from an unwilling partner - it's not that uncommon.  There are plenty of women who could vouch for that.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #31 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:58am

mantra - good nonpersonally abusive posting !!
thanks, phew

imho,  us men do not like loving when we are not happy with someone.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 10:58am

Quote:
Islam does consider a woman to be under the charge of her husband, much as the children are under both their charges. So the husband is permitted to 'smack' his wife in order to disclipine her (as a child would be smacked for disclipine), but only AFTER he has exhausted all other avenues. Domestic violence as we know it, is certainly not what we're talking about here. Domestic violence is abuse and is strictly forbidden in Islam.

Well that's progressive. Grown women need to be disciplined like little kids in playgroup, and that's evidence of womens' equality in Islam. I guess it's better than the usual Al Taqiyaa of denial.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #33 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 11:12am

Where is that list of Islamic 'wifely duties' that someone posted a while back?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #34 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 11:23am

I posted it somewhere - can't remember exactly where though - possibly in the Islam forum.  I got it off a Muslim site.

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 11:48am

freediver wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 9:39am:
Abu, instead of trying to explain Biblical law to Christians, perhaps this would be a good time to explain what the status of a Muslim wife is in the Koran. Is she allowed to deny her husband sex? What recourse does he have if this happens? Is she expected to have sex with him whenever he wants?

Quote:
Is that because of the humliation? Islam does consider a woman to be under the charge of her husband, much as the children are under both their charges. So the husband is permitted to 'smack' his wife in order to disclipine her (as a child would be smacked for disclipine), but only AFTER he has exhausted all other avenues. Domestic violence as we know it, is certainly not what we're talking about here. Domestic violence is abuse and is strictly forbidden in Islam.

So you're changing the definition of domestic violence so that Islam appears to fit in with western values? Haven't you seen the ads on TV about domestic violence? They make it pretty clear that "It was just a smack and she deserved it anyway, and I tried to reason with her first" simply does not cut it.

if someone tapped you on the forearm with a toothbrush would you call the police? stop over reacting

mantra- I agree, I think it's condescending. I understand it as a symbolic gesture- and look in relationships people do stuff like that, someone might grab your arm or wrist to stop you walking away, or bang pots or pans around- that doesn't mean they're abusive.- but I find the condescension offensive.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 11:52am

Thanks Mantra, I found it. Wifely duties:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1227877786/1#1

wife beating:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1227877786/35#35

Quote:
if someone tapped you on the forearm with a toothbrush would you call the police? stop over reacting

A miswak is not a toothbrush. The beating should convey the level of anger and frustration. Many muslim jurists think that beating women in the conventional sense is 'permitted, but discouraged'.

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 11:52am

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 22nd, 2009 at 11:42pm:
Is that because of the humliation? Islam does consider a woman to be under the charge of her husband, much as the children are under both their charges. So the husband is permitted to 'smack' his wife in order to disclipine her (as a child would be smacked for disclipine), but only AFTER he has exhausted all other avenues. Domestic violence as we know it, is certainly not what we're talking about here. Domestic violence is abuse and is strictly forbidden in Islam.

my understanding was that it was not a 'discipline' as one would dole out to a child- but that it is a symbolic gesture to say "I've tried everything else and this is the mutually recognised gesture of me being at the end of my rope, there's no more I can do to try and sort this out so you need to think about what's happening here."

still- I honestly think in most couples it's unneccessary. I would think that this would only apply when you're married to someone who is completely nuts and won't listen to any kind of reason.

I also don't think it's something that would be applied over a minor matter- like who's going to do the dishes

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 11:53am

freediver wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 11:52am:
Thanks Mantra, I found it. Wifely duties:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1227877786/1#1

wife beating:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1227877786/35#35

Quote:

A miswak is not a toothbrush. The beating should convey the level of anger and frustration. Many muslim jurists think that beating women in the conventional sense is 'permitted, but discouraged'.

why did you not also post the list of husbandly duties which basically mirrors those of the wife?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:04pm

Because they don't 'mirror' those of the wife. And because I did not post the list. I posted a link.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #40 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:29pm

Gaybriel - I know this is a bit off topic and you are not a Muslim - but just out of curiosity why are you doing Islamic studies?  Are you going to do some sort of social work involving Muslim women?

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:48pm

mantra wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:29pm:
Gaybriel - I know this is a bit off topic and you are not a Muslim - but just out of curiosity why are you doing Islamic studies?  Are you going to do some sort of social work involving Muslim women?

no I'm doing my phd in english lit- and I'm studying australian identity and islamaphobia. I didn't really know a lot about islam so I learnt a bit about it as a part of my research Tongue

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:50pm

What's the definition of Islamophobia?

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 1:33pm

Gaybriel wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:48pm:
mantra wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 12:29pm:

no I'm doing my phd in english lit- and I'm studying australian identity and islamaphobia. I didn't really know a lot about islam so I learnt a bit about it as a part of my research Tongue

Islamaphobia - a made up word, for a lobby group - the Islamic Industry, hijacked from another lobby group, being the gay lobby, with Homophobia that was used to raise attention for the AIDS lobby.

Want to stop Islamophobia? Stop muslims having violent protests, being involved in terror, and having a religion that is dedicated to war against unbelievers, together with a large movement of followers that is committed to ensuring such wars occur. Get rid of that - no more 'Islamophobia.'

Maybe Islamophobia means fearing 'Submission' - yes I am concerned about being a submitting dhimmi under an Islamic state and sharia. Why shouldnt I be. Just because allah says I have to be a dhimmi under Islamic rule, doesnt mean I am going to go quietly.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Jan 23rd, 2009 at 1:36pm

freediver wrote on Jan 23rd, 2009 at 9:39am:
Abu, instead of trying to explain Biblical law to Christians, perhaps this would be a good time to explain what the status of a Muslim wife is in the Koran. Is she allowed to deny her husband sex? What recourse does he have if this happens? Is she expected to have sex with him whenever he wants?

Quote:

So you're changing the definition of domestic violence so that Islam appears to fit in with western values? Haven't you seen the ads on TV about domestic violence? They make it pretty clear that "It was just a smack and she deserved it anyway, and I tried to reason with her first" simply does not cut it.

If Muslim men are in fact not allowed to rape their wives, does anyone else know what the actual Islamic law on this is?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print