Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Do you find a hijab offensive ?

yes    
  9 (40.9%)
no    
  13 (59.1%)
undecided    
  0 (0.0%)
too cowardly to vote    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 22
« Created by: Sprintcyclist on: Jan 15th, 2009 at 8:36am »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Offensive hijab (Read 25481 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Offensive hijab
Reply #180 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 9:52pm

About the same number as Exclusive Bretheren.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #181 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 10:04pm

i DOUBT IT...  its a very much smaller cult.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Feb 7th, 2009 at 10:22pm

muso wrote on Feb 7th, 2009 at 8:25am:
When I was on the Queen Street Mall (Brisbane) this week I saw a group of Muslim girls wearing scarves. They were normal Australian teenagers and they were laughing and talking to other teenagers - boys and girls, and not all of them were Muslim either. If anything, they had a certain charm, knowing that they don't go out drinking alcohol (or worse) and don't have sex with anybody that takes their fancy,  unlike some of the goth types that I saw, who looked like hard faced whores by comparison. It was actually nice to see natural unaffected teenagers for a change.  They looked like little angels.

Muso, how did you know that the the girls wearing scarves were not muslim whores talking up to potential clients?
I'm serious, how did you know?

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #183 - Feb 8th, 2009 at 10:18am

tallowood wrote on Feb 7th, 2009 at 10:22pm:
Muso, how did you know that the the girls wearing scarves were not muslim whores talking up to potential clients?

Tallow - It was obvious - probably body language or just the fact that I'm too intuitive for my own good.  In a recent course, we had to write two unknown things (unknown to a group of 'strangers') about ourselves and pass them to the trainer. When they were being read out, I could tell straight away who the facts related to because of their body language or some other intangible reason.  I guessed the right persons three times before deciding not to spoil the fun.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #184 - Feb 11th, 2009 at 8:51am

Quote:

Because he asked them for a price and they stomped him.

And calling your own women hard faced whores because they don't wear a scarf is a bit much.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #185 - Feb 28th, 2009 at 8:37pm

French headscarf ban not discrimination, says European Court

From Deutsche Welle
Based in Strasbourg, the European Court of Human Rights ruled on Thursday, Dec. 4 that the school's move to expel the girls was not out of line, emphasizing that the girls had been able to continue their education via correspondence classes.
"It was clear that the applicants' religious convictions were fully taken into account in relation to the requirements of protecting the rights and freedoms of others and public order," the court said in a press release. Europe’s top courts have ruled in favor of a French school that expelled two Muslim girls for refusing to remove their headscarves for physical education classes. The ruling fuels the debate over secularism in France.
The European Court of Human Rights has dismissed a complaint by two French Muslim girls that their school violated their freedom of religion and their right to an education. The girls were expelled after repeatedly refusing to remove their headscarves for physical education classes.
The teacher had said that wearing a headscarf was incompatible with physical education classes. The girls, Belgin Dogru and Esma-Nur Kervanci, are French nationals and were 11 and 12 respectively when they were expelled from the school in the north-western town of Flers in 1999.

It only took 9 years but its a good decision.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print