Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print
Supplements (Read 12053 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Supplements
Reply #180 - Sep 23rd, 2020 at 10:52pm

No one is attacking you personally, what I am giving you is good honest advice. What you dont seem to understand is the link between diet and mental health. You say you need mental focus in order to concentrate on diet. what will give you mental focus is a good diet. You have the chicken and the egg confused, listen to what I am trying to tell you, I am very experienced at counselling people, get your diet right first. Ignore the idiots on here who are telling you to go right on killing yourself. Anyway, thats the last I will tell you.  if you want to document your self destruction on here go right ahead, I wont give you any more advice. Some people cant be helped, you may be one of those. Good luck.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #181 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 5:59am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 10:39pm:
rhino wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 10:12pm:
No, you are 100 percent incorrect. This is what I am trying to tell you. Diet is first. You need to understand this or you wont get anywhere. Numerous studies have shown that poor mental health is linked to poor diet. Numerous studies also show that many mental health issues can be considerably alleviated by changing to a better diet. You will not to able to exercise adequately without a good diet, your body just wont function properly without adequate nutrition and your brain is part of your body.

I can tell you from experience that mental focus is what will get me to where I want to be physically. In my late teens, I gained quite a bit of weight from eating too much junk food. My sister actually started giving me hell for my obesity for a while. So, after the "telly-tubbie" reference (and even a "and Leon's gettin' l-l-largerrr" Flying High reference), I resolved to lose the weight and cut out the junk food. I had lost 30kg in 3 months.

It takes focus for effective weight loss.

great work- forget the interfering meddlers

love lolly

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 8:12am

the trouble with fat... its sneaky  and it does so much damage to other organs...the younger you are the better to get it under control....most people are only trying to be helpful.. but in the end its whats in your head that matters   only you can change you!

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #183 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 9:22am

UnSubRocky wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 10:28pm:
Agnes wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 10:00pm:
its me agnes- yes I know how responsible you are with your eating etc- and you do really well- mind the busy bodies here they dont know what they are talking about tbh-

Yeah, sometimes I figure I need to get the last word when it comes to personal attacks. For someone 110kg, I do not look all that fat for someone my height. I did not give a damn about my weight for about 15 months and did not consider it all that important. But I have not been as bad as I was over 5 years ago. I just need to lose the weight over a month by month basis.

So how tall are you?

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #184 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 9:50am

rhino wrote on Sep 23rd, 2020 at 10:52pm:
No one is attacking you personally, what I am giving you is good honest advice. What you dont seem to understand is the link between diet and mental health. You say you need mental focus in order to concentrate on diet. what will give you mental focus is a good diet. You have the chicken and the egg confused, listen to what I am trying to tell you, I am very experienced at counselling people, get your diet right first. Ignore the idiots on here who are telling you to go right on killing yourself. Anyway, thats the last I will tell you.  if you want to document your self destruction on here go right ahead, I wont give you any more advice. Some people cant be helped, you may be one of those. Good luck.

The fat-shaming does actually help. But I know that I usually like to get the last word -- unless the other person completely fluffs up and makes themselves look foolish.

I understand completely that my mental health is the main reason behind my heaviness. I restarted drinking midway through last year because of mental health issues. I probably gained 5kg between then and now. The scales in my kitchen told me that I have lost 3kg in the last 3 days. So, I will wait until next week when I am back up at the hospital for more reliable scale measurements.

I have been miserable for the last week. It is just my natural ability to endure pain for a long time that I manage to keep up a low-sugar diet. I can go sober for long periods of time. But I will not lose much weight having a no alcohol intake, if my mind is not set for a weight loss activity.

Having fish and chips meal once a week is not a "killing yourself" meal. Drinking a Coca Cola every day is more likely a self-destructive drink. I am having another fasting day today. I might even have a fasting day tomorrow and Saturday. I will eat a meal at 3pm and then again at 9pm after work. That was how I lost a heap of weight last time. In fact, I lost a heap of weight years ago this way. So, it works no matter how old I get.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #185 - Sep 24th, 2020 at 9:52am

cods wrote on Sep 24th, 2020 at 8:12am:
the trouble with fat... its sneaky  and it does so much damage to other organs...the younger you are the better to get it under control....most people are only trying to be helpful.. but in the end its whats in your head that matters   only you can change you!

The other trouble is losing weight too quickly. You should not lose more than 6 kg a month. The last time I lost 10kg in a month, I had red stretch marks over my stomach and my face was quite wrinkly for a few weeks.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #186 - Sep 26th, 2020 at 3:57pm

I have been adding turmeric, paprika and ginger to my vegetables and boil them in. Now I have seen that it is better to add the spices after the vegetables have been cooked -- during serving. Does anyone know the best way to add the spices? Is it during the cooking or afterwards. It just seems that I might be wasting much of the spices. Seems obvious now.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print