Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Lesbian paedophile gets 7 1/2 years jail. (Read 4773 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Lesbian paedophile gets 7 1/2 years jail.
Dec 12th, 2008 at 1:45pm

Phew, stiff sentence. Seems she did not repent of her ways.

"A FEMALE teacher who seduced a 14-year-old girl during maths lessons has today been jailed for seven-and-a-half years by Brisbane District Court.

Amanda Louise Thompson, 28, had denied a charge of maintaining a sexual relationship with a child under 16.

But a jury returned a guilty verdict in her case in November and she was sentenced today.

During the 10-day trial, the court was told of a sordid relationship that developed when Thompson was a teacher at a school south of Brisbane.

The student, who cannot be identified, was just 14 when Thompson started seducing her.

The court was told Thompson, from Boronia Heights, initially took the teenager under her wing when she discovered the student had an eating disorder.

They became firm friends, but soon started engaging in regular sexual activity.

Prosecutor Todd Fuller said the pair took holidays together, and Thompson showered the student with gifts and notes.

Thompson was questioned by school authorities and police about the relationship but repeatedly denied she had done anything wrong.

She was suspended from teaching after her arrest and will never be able to work with children again because of her conviction.

Acting Judge Brian Devereaux said he accepted submissions that Thompson was an immature adult, but said her betrayal of trust was "severe".

"Students, school authorities, parents and the whole community all trust teachers to conduct themselves properly," he said.

"You infiltrated her family and took advantage of their trust in you as a teacher," the judge said.

He sentenced Thompson to seven and a half years' jail."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24789505-952,00.html

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Re: Lesbian paedophile gets 7 1/2 years jail.
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2008 at 4:49pm

How vague and slack were the parents?  They allowed this "lesbian/pedophile" relationship to flourish.  The girl may or may not have been naive, but a lot of this went on in the girl's bedroom while the parents were home.

Very strange - a teacher and student cuddling up together in the bedroom while the parent's sat in the lounge room watching TV.  My suspicions would have been aroused immediately in a situation like that.

IP Logged

Jim Profit

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 17th, 2008 at 9:10am

You know, I'm glad you Australians are atleast consitent. Here in America, this would've been "cool", but if it had been a fourty year old man, they'd hang him by the dick.

Even though I lean on the side of sexual-liberation. I think it's alright for a fourty year old to have sex with a fourteen year old. If they can say "yes" then they're good game. I don't believe in restricting consentual affairs because frankly, love is survival of the fittest. I don't see government offering to open up a dating service, so they need to stay out of it while we do what we can to find companionship.

But yes, if the parents didn't know something was up after cuddeling in the bedroom then they're just stupid LOL!

But I still believe there's something left for you and me.

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 9:34am

Jim Profit wrote on Dec 17th, 2008 at 9:10am:
You know, I'm glad you Australians are atleast consitent. Here in America, this would've been "cool", but if it had been a fourty year old man, they'd hang him by the dick.

Even though I lean on the side of sexual-liberation. I think it's alright for a fourty year old to have sex with a fourteen year old. If they can say "yes" then they're good game. I don't believe in restricting consentual affairs because frankly, love is survival of the fittest. I don't see government offering to open up a dating service, so they need to stay out of it while we do what we can to find companionship.

But yes, if the parents didn't know something was up after cuddeling in the bedroom then they're just stupid LOL!

a two year old can say yes man- being able to say 'yes' doesn't mean anything

honestly- you seem to have such ignorant views when it comes to sex, rape etc

I can assure you when I was 14 if an older person wanted to have sex with me and manipulated me into agreeing (or scared me into agreeing) it certainly would not mean I consented. I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 9:50am

Quote:
I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on

So you're saying you have pretty much stayed the same?

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 10:49am

mozzaok wrote on Dec 18th, 2008 at 9:50am:
Quote:
I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on

So you're saying you have pretty much stayed the same?

hilarious

IP Logged

Jim Profit

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 11:07am

Quote:
honestly- you seem to have such ignorant views when it comes to sex, rape etc

By ignorant you mean different.

I'm pretty sure I know everything there is to know about sex. Infact I probably know more then you. I know a technique that make a girl get buggered up in five minutes. Do you know how to do that?

We just have different views. And you know, if I don't get to call you an idiot for your peacenik lovey-dovey views, or your spotted owls before fetuses view, or your giving tax money to crackheads view. Maybe you should return the favor.

Quote:
it certainly would not mean I consented. I wouldn't have had any idea what was going on

How who's the ignorant one?

When I was fourteen I was not only aware of sex, I was looking for it. Well, not sex persay, just companionship. But sex was definitely part of the agenda.

Infact, I've been looking for a woman ever since I was old enough to have an oral fixation. So pretty much after I cameout of the womb.

What can I say? I'm a love machine...

But I still believe there's something left for you and me.

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 18th, 2008 at 11:17am

well congratulations Jim- I'm glad you were looking for sex when you were 14- but not everyone is like you, and in my opinion at 14 years old a lot of people wouldn't even know what they were agreeing to, and wouldn't understand what sex actually means. they're not old enough to make up their minds

i didn't say you were stupid- I said your views are ignorant

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print