Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print
Did this child deserve to die? (Read 25813 times)
DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Re: Did this child deserve to die?
Reply #240 - Dec 27th, 2008 at 6:52am

mantra wrote on Dec 26th, 2008 at 10:05pm:
Quote:
The kid was a bugger. Being shot was the best thing that ever happened to him.

That's a surprise comment Phil.  He was allegedly a white supremist - I thought you had respect for those blokes.

Not for skinheads.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #241 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 6:59am

The police shot a woman last week in Sydney who claims she was the victim not the perpetrator.  She says she was beaten up by a kickboxer, although he claims she poked him with a cocktail fork.  When police arrived at the scene - they sprayed both of them - then shot the woman after she allegedly advanced towards them. She got a bullet to the spine and chest.

Could the police have made a mistake - or was this middle aged woman a serious threat, blinded with capsicum spray and brandishing her cocktail fork?

Susie Bandera, 48, claims she was initially relieved when she saw officers had been called out to the North Parramatta address where a man was allegedly assaulting her in the early hours of December 21.

"I believe he would have killed me," she said. "I was in the foetal position where he was eye-gouging me and ear-gouging me. Then I saw the police torches coming and I thought, 'Oh good, I'm safe.' "

Instead, the mother of two has a bullet wound to the chest and another police bullet lodged in her spine after it passed through her liver. Doctors have told Ms Bandera it might be too dangerous to remove the bullet.

"My right leg is gone, I can't feel it," she said. "How [the bullet] missed my vital organs, I don't know."

Friends said Ms Bandera was "upset and angry" at police and would be seeking compensation and "probably an apology" from the officers involved.

Police alleged Ms Bandera threatened officers with a knife and refused to surrender the weapon after they arrived at the Iron Street units after neighbours reported a disturbance. When Ms Bandera lunged at police, they alleged, a junior female officer fired two shots.

Ms Bandera claims she wasn't armed with a knife but a cocktail fork she had taken as protection as she walked an elderly, vision-impaired neighbour home after watching carols on television.

On her way back, Ms Bandera had encountered a 23-year-old champion kick boxer arguing on a public phone. She said he demanded to know what she was looking at. He said he followed her to ask her why she had poked him with a fork.

Anne McCabe, 73, a resident who had just returned home from a Christmas party, said she heard a commotion on the drive leading to the units. She went out to her balcony and claims that she saw the man kicking Ms Bandera in the stomach and groin before Ms Bandera sought refuge in her foyer.

"He was kicking the hell out of her," she said. "Neighbours were yelling at him to stop. He was choking, strangling her and I am standing over them yelling and yelling."

The kick boxer has denied he had assaulted Ms Bandera and has said in the media he was trying to subdue her and that he had her under control when police arrived and sprayed them both with capsicum spray.

"When I saw the police I ran towards them for help, to help me," Ms Bandera said. "And as I ran towards them she shot me, point blank."

Ms Bandera said she first thought she had been hit by a stun gun but realised she had been shot when she saw the bullet casing next to her on the ground. "I thought he'd shot me. I didn't think it was the coppers," she said.

Under observation in Westmead Hospital, Ms Bandera said she had been told her attacker had since gone to Queensland without charge, while she has been depicted as a "knife-wielding maniac" by police.

"They didn't even get a DNA sample from him, they got one from me," she said.

A police spokesman said no comment would be made until the critical incident team finished its investigations into the shooting.

But for Mrs McCabe, who said she was the prime witness and her unit the crime scene, the case was simple. In her view, when the police officer opened fire in her tiny foyer - with a bullet ricocheting into her unit to miss her by inches - she shot the wrong person.

"A woman shouted out and I could hear her shouting out, 'You shot the bloody victim,"' she said.

"And that's in my formal statement. The policewoman obviously shot in panic, she shot the wrong person."

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #242 - Dec 28th, 2008 at 9:33am

[sarc] There's probably a good explanation because our police force are professionally trained and they do as they are trained to do.

The police force attracts only citizens of pure and noble intent who gladly put their lives on the line every day for the society that they believe in.

If they needed to kill a seven year old girl holding a particularly nasty looking doll, then they get my full support [/sarc]

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #243 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 2:01pm

DT:

Quote:
The cops keep changing their story. "Oh yeah, by the way, we did try shooting at their legs... blah dee blah blah."

Where did they say that?

Quote:
You act like he's a killer and that he was out control. That the cops couldn't 'control him.' Bullsh1t. Several witnesses said that he was not out of control.

Witnesses who didn't see everything, like him getting pepper sprayed and it not stopping him. If that's not out of control, I don't know what is.

Quote:
There were 4 armed cops against 1 fifteen year old kid holding two knives. Wow. Difficult to control.

Not difficult at all. They followed procedure and got the situation under control. It was Tyler who raised the stakes so high.

Quote:
The police, Government and media are collectively responsible for Tyler's death. Why you can't see this, Mozzaok, I don't know.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? Do you cry 'society is to blame' everytime someone does the wrong thing?

Quote:
Who says King's assasination was racially motivated, Mozzaok?   Ooooo, because he was black and the assassin was white? My word, Mozzaok, did you figure that one out all by yourself?

I think you are leaving out a few very obvious clues there DT.

Oceans:

Quote:
These people are trained to restrain and subdue pple who are aggravated in this way...shooting is surely the last resort?

Not if they are armed Oceans. They are trained to subdue them with pepper spray, then if that doesn't work, to subdue them with lethal force.

Quote:
They could have used capsicum spray..a net, tazer ,tanquiliser dart, or anything rather than shoot.

They did try CS. It didn't work.

Amadd:

Quote:
I'll usually consider them to be guilty until proven otherwise, and I doubt that any inquest by the system would want to discourage their lackies too much either.

Why guilty until proven innocent?

Quote:
I think the the picture painted was that of a far more pschologically unstable person than what he probably was.

If you fail to stop when you get CS sprayed in your face, then you have serious issues.

Mozz:

Quote:
I've stood in smelly stuff with more sense than you Donald, you are truly..(fill in your own description that will equate to ignorant, self absorbed, and not too bright), an oxygen thief.

Leave out the insults please Mozz.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #244 - Dec 31st, 2008 at 3:05pm

If you get sprayed and don't go down, cops will probably shoot you. A lot of people can take the pain/block it out though when determined, does not necessarily mean psycho.

If you get sprayed, I hear a trick is to not blink your eyes, hold them open, regardless of pain, so the stuff doesn't spread and make the pain worse.

Still, if sprayed and outnumbered/outgunned, safest bet is to lay on the ground.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #245 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 9:49pm

Cop tells why he shot Tyler Cassidy

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/cops-only-safe-option-was-to-draw-gun-on-tyler-cassidy-inquest-told/story-e6frf7kx-1225972222739

A SENIOR officer involved in the fatal shooting of Tyler Cassidy fought tears as he told a court he felt compelled to draw his gun because he feared the armed teen would harm him.

The inquest into Tyler's death was hearing for the first time from one of the four police present when the agitated 15-year-old was shot dead at a Northcote skate park in December 2008.

"I was extremely concerned about the aggressive behaviour of (Tyler) and that he was still armed with two large kitchen knives," Sgt Colin Dods told the Coroner's Court.

"I had concerns for the wellbeing and safety of the general public."

While reading his statement to the court, Sgt Dods had to compose himself several times.

After describing how he and colleague Sen-Constable Richard Blundell first encountered Tyler near Northcote Plaza, Sgt Dods said in his statement: "His hands were held between waist and chest height and the blades of each knife were pointed towards us."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

The two men ordered Tyler to drop the knives, to which the teen is said to have replied: "You are going to have to shoot me ... I'll hurt you! I'll f------ kill you!"

The court heard Sgt Dods sprayed an advancing Tyler with capsicum foam, sending the teen running into the adjacent skate park.

"We kept up the verbal commands telling him that there was no need for anyone to get hurt and to drop the knives and get on the ground," he said.

By that stage the two men and constables Nicole de Propertis and Antonia Ferrante had Tyler surrounded.

Tyler, standing "poised", was sprayed with foam a second time but refused to drop the knives. Sgt Dods said he then drew his gun as Tyler marched towards him.

"I anticipated that I was going to get hurt because he was advancing towards me and was aggressive and armed with two knives, one still in each hand," he said.

"To deploy the OC spray at this point effectively would have brought me too close ... I determined that drawing my firearm was the only safe option at that point in time."

Sgt Dods said he tripped while being forced backwards up stairs at the skate ramp.

He fired a warning shot into the ground causing Tyler to momentarily flinch. He then tried to stop Tyler by shooting at his legs.

"(Tyler) was still yelling threats towards me such as, 'I'm going to kill you'," Sgt Dods said.

He then heard several shots coming from the direction of fellow officers.

"It was then obvious to me that my attempt at leg shots had not had the required effect on the male as he had still advanced towards me," he told the court.

"I therefore formed the belief that I needed to stop (Tyler) by any means and took aimed shots on target at his chest area.

"I kept firing at (Tyler's) chest until he went to ground."

The inquest continues.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #246 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 10:21pm

I'm not surprised that the dirty filthy lackey cop has earned himself a couple more stripes.
He's also earned himself a prime spot in hell.

A slightly built 15yo kid who was capsicum sprayed, shot in the legs.. and yet he still kept coming!!  At 4 police officers was it?  ..And he needed to be shot in chest until he was dead?

OMG.. spare me  Grin Grin Grin

A relative of Freddy Krueger?
Get real movie buffs.ii
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2010 at 12:51am by Amadd »  

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #247 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 12:47am

IMO, the line was drawn when Mozz stated that he'd kill a seven yr. old girl in the same circumstance. I was very saddened by that. What on earth have we come to?

It's a dispicable system, well overdue for a revolution.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #248 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 2:37am

Who on this earth would ever want to kill a seven yr. old girl because of some "fast tracked" social engineering. What a totally pathetic cause.

Tell me, where is the justification?
Where are the morals?

What a pathetic outlook.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #249 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 7:53pm

Would you approach a 17 YO kid with a knife after CS and bullets to the leg failed to stop him? Either you expect cops to be complete idiots, or you expect them to let this kid go round stabbing random members of the public. You don't have to be Arnold Shwarzenegger to pose a threat with a knife.

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #250 - Dec 17th, 2010 at 8:35pm

It's a tragic outcome and loss of young life but the lad had the cop cornered with a weapon Mantra, this and threatened to kill him.

Probably off his dial on ice or meth, I mean what can you do?

They go crazy on this stuff, and I think under the circumstances, the cop had a duty to protect himself and his fellow officers.

Honestly, what would any of us done in similar circumstances with an armed individual lunging at us the way this kids apparently was?

Cops have family's to go home to too.

Roll Eyes

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print