Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print
Did this child deserve to die? (Read 25812 times)
ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Re: Did this child deserve to die?
Reply #210 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 10:49pm

mozzaok wrote on Dec 20th, 2008 at 7:35pm:
How low does someone need to be to use this youths death, to promote their own racist agenda?

PFL

Donald, you could walk under a snake without ducking.

I can't believe you just read through all that, Mozzaok, and you still believe that I'm the one with the so-called 'agenda.'

Honestly, do you think it was some accident that the media left out the fact that he was attacked by a Lebanese gang?

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Reply #211 - Dec 20th, 2008 at 10:55pm

And I guess you had no problems with anti-wacists using the death of this man to forward their 'agenda?'

What an outrage! Using this man's death to promote their anti-waaaaaaaacist agenda! They should be ashamed of themselves. Right Mozzaok?  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2008 at 11:00pm by ex-member DonaldTrump »  

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #212 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 3:27am

Quote:
I can't believe you just read through all that, Mozzaok, and you still believe that I'm the one with the so-called 'agenda.'

That's called psychology 1.01 DT.
They throw out the initial report to form images and opinions where the majority of the public will do their darndest to back up their initial opiion so that they can say that they were right all along.
They appeal to the ego, and even a rational and objective person like Mozz will fall for it.
When we lose people like him, we are completely stuffed and left totally alone in a dictatorial regime which flouts the common law of values to the nth degree.
They do it all the time as a matter of course. If the public hasn't woken up yet to the political and media charade of false protection through the Iraq war, Afghan. war..etc.etc., then they are destined to always be controlled by their own self-assessed godliness.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #213 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 6:04am

Poor Donald, the misunderstood xenophobe.

As far as the issue of Tyler's death is concerned, their is no reason to believe the police had any racial motive for shooting Tyler, as opposed to Martin Luther King, a black, civil rights leader, assassinated while in the middle of the world's biggest ever civil rights campaign, I would think even somewhat as ill equipped to follow logical reasoning, as yourself, could spot the difference there.

Your trying to make the point that his reported altercation earlier that day, contributed to his agitated state of mind, which almost certainly, made him a far greater threat.

So it is worth noting the incident, but until further information is available, it is hard to make a balanced judgement of where, and how much blame, gets attached to the incident.

Now Ammad, I have always agreed that this was a tragedy, and I would have far preferred to see the police having been able to safely subdue him.
I have always thought that serious questions needed to be asked about how they came to use such a high degree of force, but I also felt that to prejudge them, which is what you did, was grossly unfair.

If, after an enquiry, and all the facts come to light, any blame is apportioned the police, then would be the right time to make criticisms of them.

I certainly think the idea of attaching malevolent intent to their actions is the most unfair aspect of criticism of them.

Ultimately, we must accept that the boy did threaten people, police and citizens, with death threats, he was armed, and he resisted violently, when non lethal means were tried to subdue him.

Even if the police are found not to have used perfect judgement, Tyler's actions are the ones that precipitated this unfortunate tragedy.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #214 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 5:19pm

Quote:
If the public hasn't woken up yet to the political and media charade of false protection through the Iraq war, Afghan. war..etc.etc., then they are destined to always be controlled by their own self-assessed godliness.

What does this mean? Please explain.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #215 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 9:22pm

I think he means the sociopaths who run the show appeal to your emotional/human integrity in order to get support for their insane actions, and mislead and manipulate the population to meet these ends.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #216 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 9:58pm

Quote:
I have always thought that serious questions needed to be asked about how they came to use such a high degree of force, but I also felt that to prejudge them, which is what you did, was grossly unfair.
If, after an enquiry, and all the facts come to light, any blame is apportioned the police, then would be the right time to make criticisms of them.

I'll usually consider them to be guilty until proven otherwise, and I doubt that any inquest by the system would want to discourage their lackies too much either.

I see that a Palm Island inquest is being re-opened ...to free their man?

Quote:
Even if the police are found not to have used perfect judgement, Tyler's actions are the ones that precipitated this unfortunate tragedy.

I agree that it's his uncontrolled actions which landed him in the shite, but I can understand the rage that can be felt sometimes, especially as a kid growing up when you're out on the streets quite a bit.
One time, as a kid, another kid came up behind me and held a knife to my throat just for the power trip.
Another time, in what used to be the "city square", a Lebo tiger pulled a knife on me and demanded money.
And I could on with other instances where I've felt like going back with a gun or something just to say "how the bugger do you like it?" But I didn't.

The point I'm making, is that if it had've initially been reported differently, you may have had a different picture of the situation.
I think the the picture painted was that of a far more pschologically unstable person than what he probably was. But the initial impression is usually the one which sticks.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #217 - Dec 21st, 2008 at 10:05pm

Quote:
I think he means the sociopaths who run the show appeal to your emotional/human integrity in order to get support for their insane actions, and mislead and manipulate the population to meet these ends.

Yes.
I've done it myself, where I supported the Iraq war if the WMD's were found.
They weren't found, but I found myself defending the actions by saying that the Iraqis needed to be freed, Saddam was a monster..etc.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #218 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 9:27am

Amadd wrote on Dec 21st, 2008 at 9:58pm:
Quote:

I'll usually consider them to be guilty until proven otherwise
, and I doubt that any inquest by the system would want to discourage their lackies too much either.

That says it all then doesn't it.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #219 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 4:37pm

Of course it says it all.
Experience tells me that I shouldn't blindly trust the word of so called "authority" figures under any circumstance. And I also shouldn't trust media spin.
There was no use highlighting that statement, because I make no bones about it, I don't trust the system.
It's a pschological bully boy bs system IMO. They don't protect anything but their own interests.

And no, it's practically nothing to do with the story that I mentioned earlier. It's much more to do with a time a few years back when I was set up for a ridiculous bs "failing to indicate" fare and I decided to have my one and only "day in court". There I witnessed a police officer give false testimony and it was this that caused me to reflect on all of the times that I was put in personal danger at the hands of the police and the system. And it made me wonder why somebody like me, with a squeaky clean criminal record, has to part with so much money without harming a single soul or putting anybody in danger at their every command. It also made me wonder how many other people constantly get shafted and just choose to bow to "the man".

Before that point, I let it all slide and continued to trust that I was just unlucky to come across a few bad apples. But luck has nothing to do with much at all IMO, it's just the way things are.
You may say that their value to me is indirect, but I know for certain that they don't give a rat's rosy ringhole about individual rights, they care about control, power and money, nomatter what their phony outward appearance says.

“… Authority has always attracted the lowest elements in the human race. All through history mankind has been bullied by scum. Those who lord it over their fellows and toss commands in every direction and would boss the grass in the meadow about which way to bend in the wind are the most depraved kind of prostitutes. They will submit to any indignity, perform any vile act, do anything to achieve power. … Every government is a parliament of whores. [We pay them to get screwed?] The trouble is, in a democracy the whores are us.” – P. J. O’Rourkei

« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2008 at 4:45pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #220 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 8:53pm

The Agonies of an Accidental Anarchist.

And all over a failure-to-indicate infringement.... A humorous take on the butterfly effect.

Now that’s what comedy is made of.  Grin

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #221 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 9:04pm

Maybe you didn't read it correctly, but it was the lying under oath for a petty charge which was bs in the first place that I was so taken aback by.

Lucky for you Helian, mummy kept you safe and sound indoors and you never got to see anything with your own eyes.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #222 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 9:22pm

Quote:
And no, it's practically nothing to do with the story that I mentioned earlier. It's much more to do with a time a few years back when I was set up for a ridiculous bs "failing to indicate" fare and I decided to have my one and only "day in court". There I witnessed a police officer give false testimony and it was this that caused me to reflect on all of the times that I was put in personal danger at the hands of the police and the system. And it made me wonder why somebody like me, with a squeaky clean criminal record, has to part with so much money without harming a single soul or putting anybody in danger at their every command. It also made me wonder how many other people constantly get shafted and just choose to bow to "the man".

You hear a lot of stories like yours Amadd and the problem seems to be that you're far too honest.  You've got to be cunning, confident and indignant and beat them at their own game.  Too many people give up and surrender to the penalties inflicted on them, but next time if you find yourself in a similar situation - immediately take the offensive.

Although it's a hassle going to Court - if you convince yourself the story you have prepared is right and believe it - the magistrate will believe you too.  This works for males as easily as it does for females - you just have to be strong,  exude sincerity and call their bluff.  Too many people haven't got their story down pat when they go to Court, or they're nervous and don't believe in their own righteousness and that's when they pay the price.

It's pathetic and it shouldn't have to be like this, but this is how the system works - on lies.  

Sometimes you have to tell little white lies under oath.
« Last Edit: Dec 22nd, 2008 at 9:28pm by mantra »  

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #223 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 9:35pm

I'm sure I could be a very good liar if I put my mind to it.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #224 - Dec 22nd, 2008 at 9:37pm

Amadd wrote on Dec 22nd, 2008 at 9:04pm:
Maybe you didn't read it correctly, but it was the lying under oath for a petty charge which was bs in the first place that I was so taken aback by.

Lucky for you Helian, mummy kept you safe and sound indoors and you never got to see anything with your own eyes.

Hmm... I thought you were the squeaky clean one...

I've seen corrupt cops in action in my time, but I know they're in the minority. You appear to have decided all cops are dirty because one cop bullshitted to uphold a pissant charge... You shouldda got a lawyer if you wanted to screw around with them in court.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 
Send Topic Print