Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Islamophobic self-fulfilling prophecy (Read 10157 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Islamophobic self-fulfilling prophecy
Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:02pm

Since Muslims in Australia are growing at a fairly strong rate, and even cuts in immigration are very unlikely to curb this, due to conversion rates (we know deep down this is what the fear is based around). And also considering that it's only a matter of time before a Caliphate is eventually re-established in the world. Wouldn't it be wise not to engage in anti-Islamic rhetoric like the kind freediver et al. are engaged in on this forum?

It seems that all the hostility towards islam is like a self-fulfilling prophecy. We don't want peace with muslims, we don't want co-existence with them, and we're going to slander, abuse, criticise and niggle out every little negative aspect to it we can find and invent those we can't, until we've completely turned Muslims into the hating machines we reckon them to be..

It seems some people really want this conflict of 'civilisations' to occur, at all costs.

Just my thoughts on the way people on this forum seem to behave.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Re: Islamophobic self-fulfilling prophecy
Reply #1 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:13pm

Love the almost absent-minded, oscar wilde-ish menace of " Wouldn't it be wise".

Well, to answer you briefly - it just goes to show ya, the vikings are even madder than the mohammedans.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:15pm

Quote:
Wouldn't it be wise not to engage in anti-Islamic rhetoric like the kind freediver et al. are engaged in on this forum?

You mean like asking difficult questions?

Wouldn't it be wise to come up with a satisfactory answer to those difficult questions?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Daniel

La illaha illAllah!

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:23pm

Soren wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:13pm:
Love the almost absent-minded, oscar wilde-ish menace of " Wouldn't it be wise".

Well, to answer you briefly - it just goes to show ya, the vikings are even madder than the mohammedans.

Could you please not refer to us as 'Mohammadans'? It just shows your sheer lack of knowledge and credentials to speak on Islam in the first place. You said in another thread that it was reminiscent to how the Christians follow Christ, but there's a lil more too it than that. We are Muslims.
While we do follow Muhammad's [saws] example, he was chosen from all of mankind to relay the perfect way of life as a messenger from Allah [swt]. Smiley
We worship Allah [swt], and have great love and respect for Muhammad [saws].

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:26pm

Welcome to OzPolitic Daniel.

What's this about credentials? What does saws and swt mean?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:31pm

Quote:
You mean like asking difficult questions?

No, I mean like asking questions that are aimed at discovering some kind of perceived hidden doctrine of Islam that is hiding, waiting for the Caliphate to be established, so it can spring forth and enslave all of humanity through deception...  blah blah blah.

And all the other nonsense you go on about and formulate your loaded questions around.

You're really becoming like some kind of "ambassador of ill will".

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Daniel

La illaha illAllah!

Melbourne
Reply #6 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:33pm

freediver wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:26pm:
Welcome to OzPolitic Daniel.

What's this about credentials? What does saws and swt mean?

I've seen Soren on Muslim forums before. He seems to think he knows a lot more than he really does, to be honest.

swt and saws are abbreviations.

SWT [Subhana wa ta'ala] - Most high
SAWS [Sulallahu alayhi wa salam] - Peace be upon him

Thank you for the welcome.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:37pm

Well I think you are paranoid and delusional.
It would be nice to get answers to everything asked for a change and drop the smokescreens and victim-hood crap.
It would be nice not to be threatened and censored and banned for dissent or asking what appears to be questions to difficult for you to face.

Abbreviations eh Daniel..  well who'd a thunk...   Shocked

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:38pm

Daniel wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:23pm:
Soren wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:13pm:

Could you please not refer to us as 'Mohammadans'? It just shows your sheer lack of knowledge and credentials to speak on Islam in the first place. You said in another thread that it was reminiscent to how the Christians follow Christ, but there's a lil more too it than that. We are Muslims.
While we do follow Muhammad's [saws] example, he was chosen from all of mankind to relay the perfect way of life as a messenger from Allah [swt]. Smiley
We worship Allah [swt], and have great love and respect for Muhammad [saws].

Well, put it down to my incorrigible ignorance.
Old dog and all that.

IP Logged

Daniel

La illaha illAllah!

Melbourne
Reply #9 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:41pm

Grendel wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:37pm:
It would be nice to get answers to everything asked for a change and drop the smokescreens and victim-hood crap.
It would be nice not to be threatened and censored and banned for dissent or asking what appears to be questions to difficult for you to face.

Abbreviations eh Daniel..  well who'd a thunk...   Shocked

Well, I could have told him to go to google, but either way.
I haven't seen any questions to answer. So, I'm hardly running away from anything because it's 'difficult to face', nor am I playing the victim. I'm merely pointing out what I've noticed for Soren's patterns on other forums.
paranoid and delusional? Why? Cause you don't agree with me? Absurd stuff, ladies and gentlemen...
Quote:
Old dog and all that.

Prove me wrong, Soren.
You didn't even address why you shouldn't call us 'Mohammadans'...

IP Logged

Daniel

La illaha illAllah!

Melbourne
Reply #10 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:43pm

Accidental double post: deleted.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:43pm

Yawn.... anyone who has been here for even a short time knows there are tons of unanswered and avoided questions.

DWMT

IP Logged

Daniel

La illaha illAllah!

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:44pm

Grendel wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:43pm:
Yawn.... anyone who has been here for even a short time knows there are tons of unanswered and avoided questions.

DWMT

Funny, you accuse me of running away from things [I haven't even read yet] and I've been here less than half an hour. You're really digging deep. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:50pm by Daniel »  

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:50pm

Daniel wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:41pm:
Grendel wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:37pm:

Abbreviations eh Daniel..  well who'd a thunk...   Shocked

Well, I could have told him to go to google, but either way.
I haven't seen any questions to answer. So, I'm hardly running away from anything because it's 'difficult to face', nor am I playing the victim. I'm merely pointing out what I've noticed for Soren's patterns on other forums.
paranoid and delusional? Why? Cause you don't agree with me? Absurd stuff, ladies and gentlemen...
Quote:
Old dog and all that.

Prove me wrong, Soren.
You didn't even address why you shouldn't call us 'Mohammadans'...

Mohammedan points to the founder and the man followed. The term also paarallels 'Christian'.
It is a declension also used in other religious and non-religious group identifiers such as Methodist, Marxist, Anarchist and so forth.
It is no more insulting than any of these. Is there any insult in being  identified as a partisan, a follower of Mohammed?

It is certainly not as insulting as the terms used by Mohammedans to denote the 'out' groups (me among them) - infidel, kuffr and so on.

Language can reveal as well as conceal. I am concious of its unveiling power. Your squirming uncomfortably only confirms it.

IP Logged

Daniel

La illaha illAllah!

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:51pm

Soren wrote on Nov 13th, 2008 at 9:50pm:
Mohammedan points to the founder and the man followed. The term also paarallels 'Christian'.
It is a declension also used in other religious and non-religious group identifiers such as Methodist, Marxist, Anarchist and so forth.
It is no more insulting than any of these. Is there any insult in being  identified as a partisan, a follower of Mohammed?

It is certainly not as insulting as the terms used by Mohammedans to denote the 'out' groups (me among them) - infidel, kuffr and so on.

Language can reveal as well as conceal. I am concious of its unveiling power. Your squirming uncomfortably only confirms it.

I read this already. And you already used the line 'I am concious of its unveiling power. Your squirming uncomfortably only confirms it.' on someone else. In fact this is the post of yours I was referring to... Roll Eyes

Tell me - when have you been called an infidel or kufr to your face?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print