Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Rape victim, 13, stoned to death in stadium (Read 11611 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Rape victim, 13, stoned to death in stadium
Nov 4th, 2008 at 10:08pm

"AN ISLAMIST rebel administration in Somalia ordered that a girl, 13, be stoned to death for adultery after the child's father reported that she was raped by three men.

Amnesty International said the al-Shabab militia, which controls the city of Kismayo, arranged for 50 men to stone Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow in front of about 1000 spectators.

A truck laden with stones was brought to the stadium for the killing. Amnesty said the girl struggled with her captors and had to be forcibly carried into the stadium.

Amnesty said: "Inside the stadium, militia members opened fire when some of the witnesses to the killing attempted to save her life, and shot dead a boy who was a bystander."

The girl's father told Amnesty that when he tried to report her rape to the militia the child was accused by the administration of adultery and detained.

None of the men accused of the rape was arrested. The girl was earlier reported by witnesses as being 23 years old.

Guardian News & Media"

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/articles/2008/11/03/1225560774980.html

Perhaps you could comment on this Abu ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Rape victim, 13, stoned to death in stadium
Reply #1 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 11:29pm

Yes I can comment. Islam requires 4 eye witnesses for adultery convictions, so this is obviously nothing to do with Islam.

Therefore it's being moved to the extremism forum, as it's just a case of extremism, that has nothing to do with Islam.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Nov 4th, 2008 at 11:31pm

it does NOT say that existed .

probably the 3 rapists got a mate to testify against her.

that'ld be EASY to do in an islam area

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 4:30am

You are a total sham Abu.

Your cowardice in the face of any issue you find confronting is symptomatic of why you would seek to retreat from your society to the safe confines of your cult existence.

The master is always right, any who challenge the master are evil.

Your inability to honestly examine anything negative that happens in the name of allah is symptomatic of automatons who have relinquished their personal ethics, and accepted the total manipulation of their cult.

Any decent human being has no trouble identifying what was reported as barbaric and horrendous, and any complicit in such barbarity as beneath contempt.

You could have said that what was reported was disgusting, and those that perpetrated the crimes were criminals in the eyes of all decent humans, no matter what religious belief they claim, but your fear of being seen to denounce another muslim does not allow you the freedom to express an opinion of that nature, and that is disgusting.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #4 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 9:29am

Abu, if you're going to move this thread to extremism, then you may as well move the enitre forum over.

So you're saying that because the young girl only had 3 rapists instead of 4 then it's not Islam?

I was going to post that terrible story myself but it makes me physically sick to think about what that poor girl must've gone through just for being unfortunate enough to be born under an Islamic dictatorship.
I've seen a clip of a stoning before and it's enough to make anybody throw up.

Can't you see that it's the Islamic brainwashing which provides these barbarians a reason for committing these types of acts.
For your religion to save any respect at all. it needs the entire muslim community to use their own brains, stand on their own two feet, and denounce (in a big way) these pathetic acts that are committed in the name of Allah.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 9:39am

While this is not 'by the Koran', that doesn't mean it has nothing at all to do with Islam. For example, if it wasn't for Islam, the punishment of stoning to death for adultery would have probably died out by now.

Abu, even if she was a 13 year old adulteress and there were four witnesses, stoning her to death would still be a horrendous crime. It is saddening that you seem more concerned about whether this evil crime was done by the book.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #6 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 9:51am

Quote:
hile this is not 'by the Koran', that doesn't mean it has nothing at all to do with Islam.

If someone is convicted by a law that's not Islam, then I would really struggle to see how it has anything to do with Islam. Kind of like saying this is related to America, because they have death penalties too.

Quote:
For example, if it wasn't for Islam, the punishment of stoning to death for adultery would have probably died out by now.

Speculation, and nothing more. Several Christian countries till this day still have laws that diminish the responsibility of a man who kills his adulterous wife (no court, no witnesses, no judge, no conviction, just decides to kill his wife).

Quote:
Abu, even if she was a 13 year old adulteress and there were four witnesses, stoning her to death would still be a horrendous crime.

She doesn't even appear to be married, and since the man who she supposedly committed adultery (or was raped by) with isn't known, then she's not even an adultress according to Islam, it would be fornication (if the witnesses even existed). Such circumstances clearly show this has nothing to do with Islam, but is just some lawless Somali militias implementing whatever they like.

Quote:
It is saddening that you seem more concerned about whether this evil crime was done by the book.

Nope, it's a crime, pure and simple, and those who committed it are nothing but murderers, and should be punished. Nowhere have I stated anything that indicates otherwise. Speculation is about the best you've got, for this article, and for my opinion about it. And when you base all your beliefs on speculation, you're opinion is worth squat.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 9:57am

It's not speculation. It's common sense. Islam allows old men to marry multiple young women, even prepubescent ones. They combine this with a punishment of death by stoning for adultery. It is inevitable that this would foster a culture of such treatment of women. Islam is what prevents people from progressing beyond such barbarity. You see it is reigning it in, which may have been the case 1400 years ago. But to indoctrinate the standards of 1400 years ago as timeless keeps these people in the dark ages.

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #8 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 9:58am

You're basically talking about a very uncivilised part of the world. Many parts of Africa are sadly very similar. There are underlying reasons for this, but I won't go into them.

For example, in Conakry Guinea, I was told that my passport was conterfeit. In a civilised country I would have been horrified. In Guinea, I just sighed and asked "Combien?" I managed to get the 'fine' down from $US 100 to $US 20 by the usual process of bargaining. If I hadn't done that, I would have probably missed my flight.

Europeans are frequently stopped for going through red traffic lights (even though they don't). There are ways and means for companies to do business in countries like that. Donations to the Police Social Club are quite common at Christmas time.

One company employee was harrassed by police (again on the take) and he reported it to a more powerful Police official, stating that the Christmas Present was in jeopardy. He was asked to identify the police officer in an identity parade. When he did so, he left, and distinctly heard the sound of punches being laid as he left the building.

In Ghana, an infrequent problem is people impersonating airport police. In Sierra Leone, Cote D'Ivoire and Guinea, the main problem is the police themselves.

If you have enough money in some of these countries (not Ghana) you can literally get off with murder.

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 10:04am

And yet in more civilised part of the world, like Australia for example, there are people who seem to have no problem with old men marrying multiple young girls, then stoning them to death if they cheat. Why is that?

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 10:21am

freediver wrote on Nov 5th, 2008 at 10:04am:
And yet in more civilised part of the world, like Australia for example, there are people who seem to have no problem with old men marrying multiple young girls, then stoning them to death if they cheat. Why is that?

Multiculturalism?  Shocked

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 10:26am

f/d - maybe because both follow the same cult ??

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #12 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 1:24pm

Quote:
"AN ISLAMIST rebel administration in Somalia ordered that a girl, 13, be stoned to death for adultery...."

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 4th, 2008 at 11:29pm:
Yes I can comment. Islam requires 4 eye witnesses for adultery convictions, so this is obviously nothing to do with Islam.

Therefore it's being moved to the extremism forum, as it's just a case of extremism, that has nothing to do with Islam.

Abu,

So ISLAM, Sharia, are only responsible for good outcomes under ISLAM?

Coz, ISLAM is Allah's  perfect  religion?

/sarc off

So if this incident in Somalia has nothing to do with ISLAM, when are the real muslims [in the world] going to declare a death fatwa against these ISLAMIST impersonators, who are insulting ISLAM with their evil deeds???

Where are all of the street protests, by the  real  muslims?

Muslim SILENCE = = muslim approval.

++++++++++++++

see...

Punishment for adultery...
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1225416753/7#7

« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2008 at 1:31pm by Yadda »  

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 1:30pm

Islam's influence on these regions did not disappear overnight when the last Caliphate died. You have to ask yourself, how would it be different today if there was still a Caliphate? There would still be 13 year old girls being stoned to death in stadiums. It would probably happen more often, not less.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 1:35pm

F/D - how would it change under a caliphate ?

maybe the muftis would have front row seats ?
or they would sell tickets?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print