Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Aboo and Rupert wrong and ignorant... (Read 6047 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Aboo and Rupert wrong and ignorant...
Reply #30 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 1:52am

gaybriel - so now the whole country is to be less productive ?
ie muslims and nonmuslioms having extra breaks.

you can start a company that offers this to all employees and stays profitable.

why don't we just all lie down and comtemplate our navals for 14 years so we don't offend anyone ???

if someone wants extra breaks, do it in your own time and dont offend others

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #31 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:51am

Quote:
and to suggest that a community that comprises 2% of the population could have such a dramatic impact on Australia is not logical.

What was actually being suggested? 2% could easily undermine a society in a big way.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 8:44am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 at 1:52am:
gaybriel - so now the whole country is to be less productive ?
ie muslims and nonmuslioms having extra breaks.

you can start a company that offers this to all employees and stays profitable.

why don't we just all lie down and comtemplate our navals for 14 years so we don't offend anyone ???

if someone wants extra breaks, do it in your own time and dont offend others

it's not about offending people- it's about catering to the diversity that we actively encourage to proliferate.

australia cannot purport itself to be mutli-cultural and then refuse to cater to the diversity that is inherent to this multi-culturalism. it's unrealistic, not to menton hypocritical.

you are overreacting, making a mountain out of a molehilld
« Last Edit: Nov 20th, 2008 at 9:21am by Gaybriel »  

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 8:45am

freediver wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 at 6:51am:
Quote:
and to suggest that a community that comprises 2% of the population could have such a dramatic impact on Australia is not logical.

What was actually being suggested? 2% could easily undermine a society in a big way.

statements such as the whole country becoming less productive would be what I'm referring to

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 8:48am

unhypocritical?

If you decide to stop working, the whole country becomes less productive. Just not by very much. 2% of the population will obviously have an impact.

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Nov 20th, 2008 at 9:20am

freediver wrote on Nov 20th, 2008 at 8:48am:
unhypocritical?

hahahaha- brain is obviously not working today. time to edit!

IP Logged

Darwin
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Nov 26th, 2008 at 11:54am

I think the Dirty Digger was talking about handouts to industry, not workers.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Muslims win lawsuit for 'fasting' and 'prayers' on the
Reply #37 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 4:06pm

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=333390

An Arab-Christian woman and critic of Islam says it is unfortunate that Islamic intimidation is forcing American companies to give Muslims special privileges not afforded to other groups.

Under a settlement of a federal religious discrimination lawsuit, up to 100 Somali Muslims who are current or former workers of a St. Cloud, Minnesota, meatpacking plant will receive a total of $365,000. The U.S. Equal Employment Commission filed suit against Gold'n Plump, Inc., and the Work Connection, Inc., an employment agency which handled some hiring for the plant.

Under the settlement, Goldn' Plump agreed to pay $215,000 to workers who were terminated for taking prayer breaks, and Work Connection will pay $150,000 to workers who were asked to sign a form acknowledging that they might be required to handle pork, which many Muslims consider unclean.

Brigitte Gabriel, founder and president of ACT! for America, is outraged. "It is unfortunate that we are seeing organizations like CAIR, the Council on American Islamic Relations, working with these groups and representing these groups," she contends. "And a lot of corporations who do not want a dragged-out, basically a bad public relations campaign in the United States, are succumbing to this intimidation."

Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, according to Gabriel, must pander to Islamic work place demands as well. "We already see Walt Disney, for example, conducting training to their leaders at Disney World to teach them about being sensitive to Islamic demands, prayers on the work, fasting on the work because they have a lot of Muslim employees," she adds.

Gabriel is urging the American public to stand up against special treatment for Muslims.

IP Logged

ex-member DonaldTrump
Gold Member

Oh mere mortals, open
your eyes!

Overseas
Re: Muslims win lawsuit for 'fasting' and 'prayers' on
Reply #38 - Nov 27th, 2008 at 5:40pm

freediver wrote on Nov 27th, 2008 at 4:06pm:
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=333390

An Arab-Christian woman and critic of Islam says it is unfortunate that Islamic intimidation is forcing American companies to give Muslims special privileges not afforded to other groups.

Under a settlement of a federal religious discrimination lawsuit, up to 100 Somali Muslims who are current or former workers of a St. Cloud, Minnesota, meatpacking plant will receive a total of $365,000. The U.S. Equal Employment Commission filed suit against Gold'n Plump, Inc., and the Work Connection, Inc., an employment agency which handled some hiring for the plant.

Under the settlement, Goldn' Plump agreed to pay $215,000 to workers who were terminated for taking prayer breaks, and Work Connection will pay $150,000 to workers who were asked to sign a form acknowledging that they might be required to handle pork, which many Muslims consider unclean.

Brigitte Gabriel, founder and president of ACT! for America, is outraged. "It is unfortunate that we are seeing organizations like CAIR, the Council on American Islamic Relations, working with these groups and representing these groups," she contends. "And a lot of corporations who do not want a dragged-out, basically a bad public relations campaign in the United States, are succumbing to this intimidation."

Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck, according to Gabriel, must pander to Islamic work place demands as well. "We already see Walt Disney, for example, conducting training to their leaders at Disney World to teach them about being sensitive to Islamic demands, prayers on the work, fasting on the work because they have a lot of Muslim employees," she adds.

Gabriel is urging the American public to stand up against special treatment for Muslims.

It's pretty funny that this ladies name is Gabriel.  Tongue

Quote:
Tolerance is the virtue of men who no longer believe in anything
&&-- G.K. Chesterton

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print