concubines (Read 33987 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: concubines
Reply #30 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 10:42am

Can Muslims have sex with male slaves?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 3:40pm

freediver wrote on Oct 21st, 2008 at 1:24pm:
Under what situations does/did Islam permit concubines? Is a concubine regarded as additional or separate to a wife?

During a jihad, all infidel women are considered war 'booty' or spoils of war. Infidel marriages are annulled immediately by the conquest of Islamic forces in a jihad. This means that Islamic marauders can take married women as war booty.

Men may sleep with their wives, and 'that which their right hand possess' meaning their slave women. Infidel women can be taken as war booty, and thus become 'sex slaves.' Of course, if you live in the dar al Harb, arguably all infidel women are war booty, because, in the dar al harb it is your duty to fight and destroy it to make it dar al Islam.

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 5:37pm

Wasn't there some revelation today about a (Turkish...????) woman recruiting among Muslim populations for young sex slaves, or was I hearing things?

Nah, I got that wrong.  See the next Thread about rapes/suicide bombers.

Sorry.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #33 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 7:11pm

Calanen,

Quote:
During a jihad, all infidel women are considered war 'booty' or spoils of war

This is just pure fiction. Those women brought INTO the battle were considered to have been forfeited if the non-believers lost. This was a custom of the pagan Arabs to take their women and their wealth into battle, to show that they 'mean business', and were prepared to risk everything to make sure they won the battle.

Quote:
Of course, if you live in the dar al Harb, arguably all infidel women are war booty

Again pure fiction.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 7:24pm

Quote:
This is just pure fiction. Those women brought INTO the battle were considered to have been forfeited if the non-believers lost. This was a custom of the pagan Arabs to take their women and their wealth into battle, to show that they 'mean business', and were prepared to risk everything to make sure they won the battle.

But that is not the extent of the sex slavery permitted under Islam is it Abu? You always seem to omit nasty details to make Islam seem more politically correct.

What's the difference between a slave you can have sex with and a sex slave? You seemed to imply above that it all depends on how they were captured and the motivation for capturing them, not whether they ended up as sex slaves. Are you saying that Muslims are not allowed to think about using slaves for sex while war mongering and rounding up the women, only afterwards when they get round to having sex with them?

Do you honestly think that meaningful consent to have sex can be given by a sex slave, and that this therefore means they aren't really a sex slave? Where Islam permits Muslims to have sex with what their right hand possesses, does this mean they must give their sex slaves greater control over whether they have sex than it grants their own wives? Are they supposed to spend more time 'wooing' the female slaves for sexual favours than they are expected to spend on courting wives?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #35 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 8:06pm

Quote:
But that is not the extent of the sex slavery permitted under Islam is it Abu?

This question is not even addressed at my response. My response was about the context in which slaves were taken in battle, it has nothing whatsoever to do with the issue of sex.

Quote:
You always seem to omit nasty details to make Islam seem more politically correct.

No, you just have a nasty habit of trying to link things together that aren't really relevant.

Quote:

No.

Quote:
What's the difference between a slave you can have sex with and a sex slave?

As I asked before, what is the difference between a wife you can have sex with and a sex wife?

Islam didn't say "You can take women as slaves and have sex with them". You MUST consider this in the context in which it was revealed. In pre-Islamic society, people, much like today, used to have sex with anyone they pleased. Islam was revealed and limited it only to those women with whom you have a relationship of protection and care over, ie. your wives and slaves. This was to stamp out the evil practise off getting women pregnant and then leaving them to fend for themselves, and leaving children as virtual orphans, as nobody knew who their fathers were. This is something which again, happens regularly today.

So you are looking at this issue completely upside down. Islam did not come and say "have sex slaves" it merely restricted who you can have sex with. Perhaps it didn't restrict it as much as you'd like, then again, in other cases you'd prefer it didn't restrict as much...

You can argue the case of slavery being wrong, and I might be tempted to indulge you in that debate, but arguing that it didn't restrict who you can have sex with enough is a little rich, especially considering you think Islam is too restrictive regarding sexuality.

And this whole issue comes down to slavery anyway, not sex with slaves. If slavery were permitted in the West today then sex would be permitted with them, as it's permitted with everyone anyway.

Quote:
You seemed to imply above that it all depends on how they were captured and the motivation for capturing them

I did no such thing. Calanen is just trying to scaremonger and claim all Muslims consider non-Muslim women as meat for the taking. This is just nonsense. Taking of 'concubines' only occured on the battlefield, when enemies brought their women into battle. The laws of warfare in that time dictated that anyone caught in war could legally be taken as a slave, as they'd surrendered their freedom in the battle. All empires/nations etc. subscribed to these laws. Today most nations do not, so it is moot anyway.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #36 - Feb 5th, 2009 at 10:27pm

Quote:
You can argue the case of slavery being wrong, and I might be tempted to indulge you in that debate, but arguing that it didn't restrict who you can have sex with enough is a little rich, especially considering you think Islam is too restrictive regarding sexuality.

I have no problem with a religion having rules about who you cannot have sex with. I do have a problem with a religion or a government that permits sex slaves.

Quote:
I did no such thing. Calanen is just trying to scaremonger and claim all Muslims consider non-Muslim women as meat for the taking.

No I meant just prior to Calanen entering the debate. You seemed to imply above that it all depends on how they were captured and the motivation for capturing them .

Quote:
Taking of 'concubines' only occured on the battlefield, when enemies brought their women into battle.

I thought that the invaders got to take everything - the land, the money, the food, the livestock, the houses. The people, even non-combatants, were left with nothing and given a choice of slavery or destitution in a cruel and unforgiving place. Were they even given the choice individually, or collectively?

Quote:
All empires/nations etc. subscribed to these laws. Today most nations do not, so it is moot anyway.

You keep making this claim about points being moot, but it doesn;t make sense. This is about Islam remember? The timeless ideology that you would like the world to return to.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #37 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 1:30am

Quote:
I have no problem with a religion having rules about who you cannot have sex with. I do have a problem with a religion or a government that permits sex slaves

Ok, so your problem is with slavery only. Islam never said "take sex slaves", it merely said "Out of all the people society now permits to have sex with, we're limiting it to these two". In your opinion it should've abolished slavery, which would've then cancelled out one of those two groups... right?

Quote:
I thought that the invaders got to take everything - the land, the money, the food, the livestock, the houses

You thought wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.

Quote:
This is about Islam remember? The timeless ideology that you would like the world to return to.

The ideology is timeless, rules of engagement during warfare are something which a Caliph has some flexibility in according to the standards of his time. Likewise we have rules regarding how to park your camel, doesn't mean in the modern day we don't simply translate it onto today's form of transport (cars). This concept is well known within Islam (ijtihad). In fact the word Shari'ah has the basic meaning of "an endless source [of water]", meaning that it is capable of producing laws and rules for all time periods and situations.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 5:47am

Quote:
Calanen is just trying to scaremonger and claim all Muslims consider non-Muslim women as meat for the taking. This is just nonsense. Taking of 'concubines' only occured on the battlefield, when enemies brought their women into battle. The laws of warfare in that time dictated that anyone caught in war could legally be taken as a slave, as they'd surrendered their freedom in the battle. All empires/nations etc. subscribed to these laws. Today most nations do not, so it is moot anyway.

Got any sources for this view, or is it your own original work?

I find it hard to believe that anyone would have a whole heap of women and children running around the battle field. Or that if they werent on the battlefield, the Muslims said 'Hey, no war booty fellas. We would've raped all these women..however..they were just in the background and not actually ON the battlefield..rules are rules..darn.'

I can spam up the board with references to the contrary as to what you've said. Might be quicker for you to give your references first. Also, Jews are not pagan Arabs, and the muslims certainly took their women as 'war booty.'

Quote:
ISLAM is a vicious [un-reformable] political tyranny, which has always murdered its critics, and it continues that practice even today.
Yadda

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #39 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 6:02am

Just read any book of seerah, you'll see it was the case.

As for the Jews, the specific incident you're referring to was during the Battle of Khandaq (the Trench) when the Pagan Arabs had allied with some Jewish tribes, to surround and destroy the Muslims in Madinah. The Muslims dug a trench around the city, and waited out a month long siege against the gathered "allies". However, one  of the Jewish tribes from within Madinah, who were citizens of the Islamic state of Madinah, committed an act of treason and tried to help the gathered allies against their own state of Madinah. so they had effectively joined the battle by being traitors. For that act of treachery, they were treated in the same manner as the besieging allies outside the city.

Just curious, what's your view on 'fifth column' communities, who help an outside invader to attack and take over a country? Give them sweets and live happily ever after with them, right?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 6:04am

Quote:
Just curious, what's your view on 'fifth column' communities, who help an outside invader to attack and take over a country? Give them sweets and live happily ever after with them, right?

Any muslims who participate in a jihad against this country as Fifth Columnists, or who assist for example, Malaysia and Indonesia to invade, when captured will be given a fair trial.

And then shot.

But no, there wont be any raping, if its ever up to me. Any troops that rape women, fifth columnists or not should themselves be shot.

Quote:
Yadda

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #41 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 6:18am

Likewise no Muslim ever raped the women of Banu Qurayzah. This is pure fantasy on your part.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 7:22am

They were willingly taken as war booty? And Rayhana, 'willingly' went with Mohammed after he killed her husband.

That's what I call 'pure fantasy' habibi.

Quote:
Yadda

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #43 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:57am

It doesn't establish that rape occured.

Come on Mr. Lawyer...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Calanen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Feb 6th, 2009 at 10:05am

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 6th, 2009 at 8:57am:
It doesn't establish that rape occured.

Come on Mr. Lawyer...

God almighty, I don't have a video camera that was running on that day. But rape obviously occurred. Im not runing a trial brief.

And stop referring to my job, its just annoying. I dont keep saying to you 'Come on Mr Vending Machine Repairman - Coca Cola expects you to fix coin slots better than that' or 'I wouldnt get this guy to repair MY vending machine, no sir...'

It also really doesnt matter once a person's liberty is forfeited as 'war booty', they dont have any rights, and you know it. Trying to push the line that they willingly went with the pillaging Muslims after their men had been killed. There are loads of hadith talking about having these women, who had now become slaves, as sex toys.

So stop all the Bull**** abu. I doubt even Gaybriel is convinced on this on. Although one never knows, paging Gaybriel. I imagine she will say 'Bad things happened on ALL SIDES..its WAR..let's all be friends.' Rape is an integral part of war in Islam. Integral.
« Last Edit: Feb 6th, 2009 at 10:17am by Calanen »  

Quote:
Yadda

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Send Topic Print