Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
anti-Islamic extremist websites (Read 8021 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Re: anti-Islamic extremist websites
Reply #30 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 8:25pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 4:39pm:
Quote:
There must be another soren on this forum.

If I have misjudged you soren I'm sorry. I thought I saw you posting some nonsense from jihadwatch.org somewhere. Perhaps it was just all your incessant ranting about Dhimmitude that threw me off. Again, my apologies for making such a false charge.

Good to see a Muslim speaking humbly, for a change, like in the good old days. Keep it up.

But you make an error even when apologising. I mentioned dhimmis once, on 26 September, and then in reference to medieval translators. To call that incessant is dishonest hyperbole of the most simple-minded kind. It is artless, witless, reflexive mental tick. You should apologise for this gross exaggeration as well, especially if you don't want to lose your new browny point straight away.
And be more careful next time.

Still, I am also glad that the rest, the substantive part, of my observation is accepted without contest.

Quote:
You do not need 'Islamic knowledge' to criticise or reject or oppose Islam, especially not it's political operatives like you.

I am not aware that anyone here cares or mentions how you care for your soul.

The opposition to Islam is overwhelmingly, if not entirely, on the basis of its political designs.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #31 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 12:27pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 4:36pm:
Yadda,

Quote:
Most of the counter-arguments which i have seen presented by muslims, have often seemed very illogical to me.

Have you visited answering-christianity.org ?
If so, can you link to a specific refutation you think is illogical?

abu,

i have addressed one example of an unsupportable, illogical muslim argument, here,

Yadda wrote on Oct 23rd, 2008 at 11:28am:
"Muhammad is the "That Prophet" in the Bible...."

An example is given, where muslims assume [accept] certain verses of the Bible, in Deuteronomy, to argue that Muhammad is the Prophet promised, in the Bible.

Yet, this same person [the author] does not address, he totally ignores, other verses within Genesis, which debunk that assertion, and exclude the line of Ishmael [through which muslims claim Muhammad, has his prophethood].

I am not suggesting Ishmael's line cannot avail themselves of God's blessing, a blessing which is offered to all mankind.

I merely assert, the the blessing will, in no way, come through Ishmael's line.

But God's blessing, redemption, is open [offered] to all mankind.

Psalms 135:4
For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure.

John 4:20
Our fathers worshipped in this mountain; and ye say, that in Jerusalem is the place where men ought to worship.
21  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
22  Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship:
for salvation is of the Jews
23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.
24  God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
25  The woman saith unto him, I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things.
26  Jesus saith unto her, I that speak unto thee am he.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22  For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23  But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24  But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25  Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26  For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27  But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28  And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
29  That no flesh should glory in his presence.
30  But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
31  That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #32 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:27pm

Gaybriel wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:08pm:
mozzaok wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 11:54am:
O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which if made plain to you, may cause you trouble...  Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith." (Quran. 5:101-102)

Islam, keeping it simple, for the simple.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/book.htm

This guy really sticks the boot in. Grin

you haven't answered my questions.

also- explain the relevance of the quote given above or it will be removed or your comments will be removed.

I'm not putting up with religion bashing in here.

Why not?

What about athiest bashing or western bashing?

Besides the quote is from a 'holy' book, and appears to be an edict that encourages and overvalues ignorance.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 3:05pm

mozzaok - yes, this one ALSO has run offtopic .

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Oct 23rd, 2008 at 4:07pm

locutius wrote on Oct 23rd, 2008 at 2:27pm:
Gaybriel wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:08pm:
mozzaok wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 11:54am:
O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which if made plain to you, may cause you trouble...  Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith." (Quran. 5:101-102)

Islam, keeping it simple, for the simple.

http://www.faithfreedom.org/book.htm

This guy really sticks the boot in. Grin

you haven't answered my questions.

also- explain the relevance of the quote given above or it will be removed or your comments will be removed.

I'm not putting up with religion bashing in here.

Why not?

What about athiest bashing or western bashing?

Besides the quote is from a 'holy' book, and appears to be an edict that encourages and overvalues ignorance.

I've already answered this. there is a difference between bashing and criticism..

the lack of context of mozza's comment made it sound like he was just taking a random swipe instead of actually saying something constructive.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print