Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Biblical quotes Muslims ( and others) dislike (Read 9798 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Biblical quotes Muslims ( and others) dislike
Reply #30 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 12:23am

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 18th, 2008 at 9:58pm:
Quote:
The trouble with relying on pro-ISLAMIC sources is, it is always difficult to know, to learn, what muslims are not revealing, when they speak to you.

The trouble with just relying on anti-Islamic sites is that you're not actually examining Islam ITSELF, but the opponents of Islam's bias against it.

Do you think Muslims have some secret sites that they only admit the juicey stuff on or something?

abu,
It is a fact that ISLAM is a militant [political] philosophy, which considers itself to be at war with those out side of its ranks.

DIVISIONS OF THE WORLD, ACCORDING TO ISLAM...

Dar al-Harb = = "house of war", those countries where Sharia does not rule.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dar_al-Islam#Dar_al-Harb

abu, you asked,
"Do you think Muslims have some secret sites that they only admit the juicey stuff on or something?"

It has been reported in the MSM, that there are indeed many secrets access ISLAMIC militant sites where radicalised muslims go, to plan 'actions' to further the Jihad against the unbelievers.
....sites which allow p/w protected access, only through invitation.

Perhaps i've got it all wrong.

Perhaps 'Dar al-Harb' is merely a reference to a new coffee blend which muslims prefer???

And then perhaps not.

Listen to the words from the lips of a UK muslim cleric, Anjem Choudary.

On Youtube - an interview on UK TV,
Anjem Choudary talks of the London 7/7 bombing victims,

"...when we say innocent people, we mean muslims."
"....[not accepting ISLAM] is a crime against God."
"...If you are a non-muslim, then you are guilty of not believing in God."
"...as a muslim....i must have *hatred* towards everything which is non-ISLAM."
"...[muslims] allegiance is always with the muslims, so i will never condemn a muslim for what he does."
"...Britain has always been Dar al Harb [the Land of War]"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maHSOB2RFm4

abu, is this man Anjem Choudary speaking the TRUTH?

....or is he yet another muslim who is deeply misunderstanding ISLAM ???

I think not.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #31 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 1:27am

Quote:
abu, i have to say this to you........your god is not my God

What I would say is this. There's only one God, cannot be more than one, and any other view is just polytheism in some form or another.

But what I will agree with is that the concepts and views I hold about God are a world away from yours. You envision God as being part of 3 (the psycho-babble about him not being 3 but 3 in 1 etc. is lost on me sorry), for me he is one and only one. You believe he begat a son etc. Whilst I  clearly reject all this as blatant polytheism.

"......You envision God as being part of 3"

No, i do not.

abu,
I believe that we [mankind] are constrained in, and by, this material world.

And i believe that God is not.

I believe in one God.
....the God of Israel.

Isaiah 44:1
Yet now hear, O Jacob my servant; and Israel, whom I have chosen:
2  Thus saith the LORD that made thee, and formed thee from the womb, which will help thee; Fear not, O Jacob, my servant; and thou, Jesurun, whom I have chosen..........
6  Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.
7  And who, as I, shall call, and shall declare it, and set it in order for me, since I appointed the ancient people? and the things that are coming, and shall come, let them shew unto them.
8  Fear ye not, neither be afraid: have not I told thee from that time, and have declared it? ye are even my witnesses. Is there a God beside me? yea, there is no God; I know not any.

Jeremiah 23:6
In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
Therefore, behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that they shall no more say, The LORD liveth, which brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;
8  But, The LORD liveth, which brought up and which led the seed of the house of Israel out of the north country, and from all countries whither I had driven them; and they shall dwell in their own land.

Psalms 83:18
That men may know that thou, whose name alone is JEHOVAH, art the most high over all the earth.

The God of Israel, and [Israel's] redeemer, the LORD of hosts, and THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.
...and not one Allah, among them.

abu,
How do you reconcile all of these attributes of God, the God of Israel, to the Allah of the Koran?

Well, i know that of course, muslims believe that the Koran was the last revelation of your Allah.
....well muslims would believe that wouldn't they.

And seemingly, the characteristics of these two personages [the God of Israel, and Allah] are entirely different.

But are you really sure abu, that Allah is 'the most high over all the earth.'?
Lips Sealed

I know that Allah hates Israel....because Israel are God's witnesses on earth, to make known Gods plan, to redeem mankind.

Whereas muslims in the service of their master, seek not redemption, but seek to make all mankind the slaves of Allah - in this world.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #32 - Oct 19th, 2008 at 10:55am

Quote:
I don't seek to condemn, sentence, and execute ppl for their beliefs.

Well you sure do a good job of making it look like you do..

Quote:
Whatever their beliefs are, they can answer to God for - when they meet him.

If you sincerely believed this, you wouldn't be here arguing.

Quote:
There you go again, limiting God

At least I only limit from 3 to 1, you limit from 300 to 3. Do the maths. Your same argument could be used by any polytheist to justify any number of deities, it's not a very sound argument.

Look in your Bible, and see how many times you can count the phrase "Your God is one". Did God all of a sudden realise he's actually 3? did he forget all those OT years when he kept proclaiming himself to be one??

Quote:
I could prove to you from Genesis that the creator can be a part of his creation.
If you respect the Jewish Bible???

As stated previously, since we don't know anything at all about it's origins, we do not consider it authoritative.

Quote:
Scripture says that God's feet were washed by Abraham's water, and God ate Abraham's meat.

God was hungry and had dirty feet... sounds like you really have respect for your Lord.

I actually looked up the rest of the chapter and read it, quite an interesting read. Abraham (pbuh) according to this chapter argued with God and won? Interesting. He bargained God down from 50 to 10 men to save Sodom and Gommorah, didn't realise he was such an astute haggler. Did you think you were going to somehow increase my respect or your books by showing me this? Everytime I read the Bible, I become more and more convinced that it has been severely corrupted by the whims of men, and more and more glad I rejected it and embraced Islam.

Quote:
Why would i need to seek the advice of a ppl whose philosophy is to deceive those not of their group?
i.e. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

Taqiyyah is the license to outwardly deny Islam, in order to save your life, that's all. Although some groups of Shi'a have used it for other purposes, in mainstream Islam (ie. that which is practised by about 90%) it is only a dispensation that can be used in life threatening situations. Did you actually read the wiki article? Or did you just read the term on answering-islam.org and then pasted a link without even knowing what you're pasting?

What you should be investigating, is under what circumstances Muslims have had to use Taqiyyah, I'll give you a hint start in Spain....

Wouldn't have been those nice peace-loving Christians slaughtering any Muslim who didn't publically denounce Islam would it? How about you go wiki Moriscos.

Quote:
Better to look myself, at ISLAMIC doctrine, study the Koran and Hadith, and observe how muslims act in the world.

You're free to study it as you like, but know that you're not looking at Islam, you are looking at it's opponents tainted perception of it.

Quote:
But if ISLAM is faultless, as its proponents proclaim, then its virtues will surely shine through any criticism that can be levelled against it.

Yes it will, and in fact there's quite a lot of ex-Christian missionaries who studied Islam to debunk it, and ended up Muslims. So you'd better be careful any way you study it.

A good example of this is Sheikh Yusuf Estes, an American who embraced Islam, after reading about it, so he could preach to a business colleague. He's now quite a famous propagator of Islam, and has studied Islam extensively in the Middle East. although I guess they put him in the Taqiyyah classes, where the secret Islam isn't taught  Grin

Or how about Dr Gary Miller, a Canadian theologian and missionary and minister who embraced Islam.

Here is a more extensive list of famous Muslims who were formerly Christians, there's even a whole section of former priests and missionaries. This is the difference between Muslims who convert to Christianity, and Christians who convert to Islam. Christians convert to Islam often from the highest ranks of your religion. The very knowledgable and sincere hard workers. Those Muslims who convert to Christianity are usually either very poor (seeking refuge/wealth from Westerners), unknowledgable about Islam, usually very secular and astray from Islam.

Quote:
I have studied some of the Koran and Hadith.

Yeh no doubt. Very very select verses, with a lot of spin from answering-islam.org

Quote:
I have studied enough of it, to wish that those ppl who call themselves muslims, would also study the Koran and Hadith, to learn what these books contain, and teach

I've found the average Muslim to know a lot more of his religious texts than the average Christian.

Quote:
But to me, much of the Koran and Hadith seem gibberish, and illogical, violent nonsense.

Quite befitting that you used the word 'gibberish' here.

"Gibberish:
The term is first seen in English in the early 16th century. The word comes from the name of the famous 8th-century Islamic alchemist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, whose name was Latinized as "Geber", thus the term "gibberish" arose as a reference to the incomprehensible technical jargon often used by Jabir and other alchemists who followed."

Christians weren't capable of underatanding Chemistry at this time... Like Islam for you.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #33 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 9:21am

Just also something from that answering-islam.org article you linked to:
Quote:
owever, the Muslim explanation comes at a tremendous price: Their version of the story portrays God as a horrible deceiver, and Jesus as the most stupendous failure in the history of the prophets.

Actually it is your version that makes God out to be a deceiver. As you claim Jesus (pbuh) is God, and that he died for our sins right? If he's God, then he knew full well he wasn't dying, and therefore the whole sacrifice for our sins doctrine is just completely empty. As God could not sacrifice anything, since God is all knowing and all-powerful. Pretending to die for our sins would just be a swindle, a deception. A fake and empty sacrifice with no price and most importantly no salvation...

abu,
the point of the Jewish 'appointed feasts' and sacrifices, [of which Jesus sacrifice was the culmination] is that they point to God's righteousness, and to our fate [as spiritual beings].

God promises [in many places in the Bible] that those who seek him, will find him.

And God promises that his spirit will indwell those persons who seek him, and that his spirit will reveal these things [God's plan] to their understanding.

Psalms 25:14
The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

I have come to see the bible as a book full of HIDDEN-IN-PLAIN-SIGHT parables, which explore man's condition, and which explain his relationship with God.

FOR EXAMPLE....

abu,
Today muslims make a big hubbub about Jews living in their 'promised land', Israel.

Muslims are taught that Allah's 'promised land', belongs exclusively to muslims.

I believe that the land of Israel [within the world], the 'promised land', is a 'type' [within this material world] for 'heaven'.

Yet, i am sure that muslims do not perceive the part that ISLAM is playing [within this material world] in this 'promised land' parable.

What muslims seek, and what Allah, and ISLAMIC doctrine has convinced muslims of, is that Jews must never be permitted to possess their 'promised land', that in fact, their abode is hell.

Why is that?

On a spiritual level, think about that point, meditate upon it.

FURTHER, where exactly is the 'promised land' ?

To my understanding, the 'promised land' is not in this material world, the real 'promised land' is 'heaven', i.e. it is the very presence of God.

It is also referred to as the 'redemption' spoken of, so often in the Bible, and promised to the children of 'Israel'.

These things are all spiritual, and prefigured within this material world.

abu,
The 'promised land' will be the abode of God's ppl, his spiritual children.

But it is a choice offered by God, as a 'destination', to all mankind.

But God says, if you want to come into his presence, you must be righteous.

abu, it seems to me, that many ppl do not understand these spiritual parables, or, they do not believe them.

But it seems to me, this also, is all part of God's cunning plan, to separate the 'wheat' from the 'tares'.

And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

Psalms 32:1
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
2  Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

1 Corinthians 12:3
Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

1 Corinthians 1:21
For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22  For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23  But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24  But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #34 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 10:01am

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 19th, 2008 at 10:55am:
Quote:
I have studied enough of [the Koran and Hadith], to wish that those ppl who call themselves muslims, would also study the Koran and Hadith, to learn what these books contain, and teach

I've found the average Muslim to know a lot more of his religious texts than the average Christian.

abu,
You are quite correct here.

Many ppl, who identify themselves as Christians, never read the Bible.

And that is sad because, to those that would study the Bible, its words, will soon reveal it to be a living thing.

The contents, the stories, and the knowledge which the Bible contains, is somehow intrinsically joined with mankind, with his spirit.

If you can think of each individual human, as a kind of a 'lock', then think of the Bible as a kind of a master 'key'.

Place the 'key' in the 'lock', and turn it!

The Bible can speak *to the heart* of a man, and guide him.......

Time and time again [in OT verses], God exhorts his children [mankind] *to seek him*.

Our relationship with God [our spiritual father] is, and must be, personal.

And it is *we* who must seek after God.

From our side, it is our responsibility to seek our God [and to demonstrate 'where our heart is'.].

And we ourselves, are the 'gatekeepers' of our hearts, and we choose which spirits we allow into our hearts.

Our bodies are intended to be God's temple.

And Gods spirit will reside in our hearts, when we are spiritually 'clean'.

We are not perfect,   ....i am not perfect, i am a sinner, who has said 'sorry' to God.

God's promise is that when we seek him, we will find his righteousness, and his mercy.
....it is then up to us to choose.

John 4:24
God is a Spirit....

1 Corinthians 3:16
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Psalms 5:4
For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: *neither shall evil dwell with thee*.

Hebrews 12:9
Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

Psalms 51:10
Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
11  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not *thy holy spirit* from me.

Acts 17:27
That they [mankind] should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, *though he be not far from every one of us*:

Jeremiah 9:24
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for *in these things I delight*, saith the LORD.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #35 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 10:39am

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 19th, 2008 at 10:55am:
Quote:
But to me, much of the Koran and Hadith seem gibberish, and illogical, violent nonsense.

Quite befitting that you used the word 'gibberish' here.

"Gibberish:
The term is first seen in English in the early 16th century. The word comes from the name of the famous 8th-century Islamic alchemist, Jabir ibn Hayyan, whose name was Latinized as "Geber", thus the term "gibberish" arose as a reference to the incomprehensible technical jargon often used by Jabir and other alchemists who followed."

Christians weren't capable of underatanding Chemistry at this time... Like Islam for you.

"......But to me, much of the Koran and Hadith seem gibberish..."

EXAMPLE.....

Here, is one complete chapter of the Qur'an, Chapter 105:

AL-FIL (THE ELEPHANT)

"Seest thou not how thy Lord dealt with the Companions of the Elephant?
Did He not make their treacherous plan go astray?
And He sent against them Flights of Birds,
Striking them with stones of baked clay.
Then did He make them like an empty field of stalks and straw, (of which the corn) has been eaten up. "

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/105.qmt.html#105.001
v. 1-5

Complete gibberish, i proclaim!

Gibberish.

Cheesy

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #36 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 11:27am

Perhaps if you read about the historical event behind it, you might have a deeper appreciation.

Anyway, I'd like to direct you to this thread, as I'm not really interested in listening to more of the same (answering-islam.org and jihadwatch.org) cut-paste jobs. Goto that thread and let us discuss the integrity of those websites, themselves.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #37 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 1:44pm

It'ld be nice to stick roughly to the thread title.

This thread was an invitation for people to post bible quotes they dislike.
It may well be that after, they still don't like the quotes. So be it.

It was not for discussing islam, the koran, any other sites, or posting quotes that support your viewpoint.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #38 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 2:21pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 1:44pm:
It'ld be nice to stick roughly to the thread title.

This thread was an invitation for people to post bible quotes they dislike.
It may well be that after, they still don't like the quotes. So be it.

It was not for discussing islam, the koran, any other sites, or posting quotes that support your viewpoint.

Sorry sprint.

Yes, i do go on.
...or is that, go off on a tangent.

Cheesy

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 2:40pm

It's hard to NOT go off on a tangent.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print