Send Topic Print
Islamic etiquette (Read 40833 times)
Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islamic etiquette
Reply #30 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 9:57pm

muso wrote on Oct 16th, 2008 at 9:49pm:
My take on that is - If you see something that's wrong, do something about it. If you can't physically do something, complain about it until it gets fixed. If you can't complain about it, at least know that it's wrong, but come on guys, get real! Just knowing that it's wrong is a bit lame.

Was I close?

Spot on muso..

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #31 - Oct 16th, 2008 at 10:28pm

Quote:
But in Islam, hiding the faults of a fellow Muslims is your duty. It's like it is a law designed to benefit criminals.

If someone commits a crime, then it's required of a Muslim to bear true witness against that crime. However, I don't think that's going to change your line of argument FD, as you'll no doubt reply with some other ridiculous workaround or your argument.

Listen as I've told you enough times, there's no clergy in Islam to even perpetrate the kinds of crimes that exist in Christianity. Also Muslims don't believe in these unnatural vows of celibacy which are probably one of the major cause behind these heinous crimes. Your pathetic attempt to transpose the evils of Christians onto Muslims really doesn't warrant a response.

Quote:
Can you explain what that means?

Glad you asked this time, instead of exhausting yourself seeking out any remote chance of finding something negative in it.

Quote:
What does this bit mean?
and that is the weakest of faith

Actually it's a bit of a mistranslation, it says 'and that is weaker faith', not *the* weakest, the addition of a definite article and the use of the superlative is wrong. But if you read Muso's explanation he got it spot on, don't see why the meaning was so elusive for you?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 8:33am

So is it a contradiction then?

Why is the Muslim community so slow to condemn it's extremists?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #33 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 9:09am

As I said, you should look in the mirror, Western democracies have had their most extreme war-mongering elements in power for a long time, who are constantly engaged in terrorist acts against civilians of other countries, most notably Muslims, and you do nothing to remove them whatsoever, you just leave them doing their thing. And every 4 or so years, you exchange him for another one, who continues to do the exact same stuff.

Likewise they've been supporting, funding, arming dictatorships and terrorist governments that are constantly engaged in hostilities against civilian populations.

Anything any Muslim group does in response and retaliation to this can't even compare to the scale of the atrocities inflicted upon them.

Really FD, a lot of people are starting to wake up to this fact, you should too, and so must the entire Western world, if there's to be any real progress towards reconciliation on these issues.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #34 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 9:35am

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #35 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 11:12am

I'm pretty much repeating what I said in the other thread. So you can't comment on whether there is a contradiction or why the Muslim community is so slow to condemn it's extremists because you are too busy worrying about what the west is up to?

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 9:56pm

freediver wrote on Oct 17th, 2008 at 11:12am:
I'm pretty much repeating what I said in the other thread. So you can't comment on whether there is a contradiction or why the Muslim community is so slow to condemn it's extremists because you are too busy worrying about what the west is up to?

If you think you already know the answer...then why are you asking the question?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #37 - Oct 17th, 2008 at 10:08pm

The only reason you would require Muslims to unilaterally come out and condemn this act or that act, is because you believe by default all Muslims are guilty of any action carried out by an Islamic group, and therefore they must make a strong point of rejecting and condemning it,in order to collectively clear their names.

It's just ridiculous, and I flatly refuse to do it, even if just for the simple fact that your insinuation that Muslims are presumed to be guilty for these things unless they publically denounce them, is disgusting.

Not only is it an assumption of guilt, it's a collective assumption of guilt. You really should feel ashamed of yourself for such despicable insinuations.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 2:29am

^^ two thumbs up

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #39 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 2:51am

what a crock aboo...
wrong is wrong, all humanity should be able to recognise it and condemn it for what it is...  even if you share a religion or nationality with those in the wrong.

If more so called moderate muslims openly condemned the wrong-doings of others of their faith then others outside their faith would have greater respect and trust of them.

Your behaviour and attitude just fosters mistrust.

Oh and perhaps those gullible and wrong-headed enough to do these acts might start to think before they do them...  wouldn't that be nice.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 6:21am

I am afraid that I just cannot believe that you do not get our point Abu.

Without the tacit support and understanding of the collective consciousness of the muslim ummah (sounds like what we used to say when we knew someone was going to get in BIG trouble) then those guys in caves with beards and bombs, are just isolated loonies, but that is not the case, is it?

You think you must not speak against them, or their actions, because you share a belief in calling your deity of choice by the same name, and that is low and deceitful, and separatist, and isolationist thinking.

Exactly as Grendel said, it promotes mistrust.

This mistrust is not a product of the bigotry of those non-muslims you despise, it is a product of muslim inability to express and display, a decent moral code to the world, because your religion demands otherwise, it demands you support fellow muslims, irrespective of how repugnant their beliefs or behaviour.

Non-muslims would never accept that as acceptable, we do not think that abrogating individual responsibility is desirable, or moral.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #41 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 8:56am

Your mistrust stems from your despicable belief in collective guilt.

Even if I felt inclined to condemn it, I would refrain from doing so, just so as not to validate your assumptions of collective guilt.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 9:57am

The only reason you would require Muslims to unilaterally come out and condemn this act or that act

That's not what I am requiring.

is because you believe by default all Muslims are guilty of any action

No I don't. I am not guilty of everything my government does or everything that Australian people do. That doesn't stop me criticising their actions. I certainly wouldn't refrain from criticising fellow Australians until Muslims stop bombing the crap out of each other.

It's a simple question Abu. Why is the Muslim community so impotent against it's own extremists?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #43 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 10:24am

Quote:
That's not what I am requiring.

You continually insist that it's a given Muslims in general must condemn this act or that act. The most ludicrous part of it is that you actually think they are such severe extremists and yet if someone half way round the world just condemns them, all of a sudden they'll say "Ah you're right, we shouldn't have been doing that, luckily you condemned us in some far off country where we didn't even have any contact with you whatsoever".

Quote:
No I don't. I am not guilty of everything my government does or everything that Australian people do.

That's right you're not. How would you feel if everytime the West did something, all Muslims in Australia demanded you condemn and explain it as if you WERE personally responsible for it? Wouldn't you wanna just say "Get a grip on yourself"??

Quote:
That doesn't stop me criticising their actions

Do you go and make press releases to Australia's Muslim community making it quite clear you disassociate yourself from those acts and condemning them?

Are you aware everytime a terrorist act occurs somewhere in the world, Muslim media representatives (like Waleed Ali) condemn it on public radio/tv and blame it on al-Qai'dah before even the Western media do? It's for this reason that I also flatly refuse to be involved in these little condemnation/blaming games. Even though  they do this, it still doesn't seem to be enough for you anyway, does it? What do you actually want from Muslims? Please do tell...

Quote:
I certainly wouldn't refrain from criticising fellow Australians until Muslims stop bombing the crap out of each other.

I really don't get this one, care to clarify?

Quote:
It's a simple question Abu. Why is the Muslim community so impotent against it's own extremists?

How 'potent' are your condemnations of the allies atrocities against civilians? What makes you think Muslims in Australia, or anywhere for that matter can just release a press statement, and all of a sudden all armed Islamic movements just throw down their weapons and start tip-toeing through the tulips with their occupiers and aggressors? Come on, your entire sentiment is a little naive, if not extremely daft.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #44 - Oct 18th, 2008 at 11:19am

The most ludicrous part of it is that you actually think they are such severe extremists and yet if someone half way round the world just condemns them, all of a sudden they'll say "Ah you're right, we shouldn't have been doing that, luckily you condemned us in some far off country where we didn't even have any contact with you whatsoever".

So the Muslim community is impotent against it's own extremists?

How would you feel if everytime the West did something, all Muslims in Australia demanded you condemn and explain it as if you WERE personally responsible for it?

Why would I wait for Muslims to ask me to condemn it? I am not expecting Muslims to criticise everything Muslims do. However, if you try really hard you can get Muslims to say that terrorism for example is wrong, even for a Muslim. It seems that that's as far as it goes.

Do you go and make press releases to Australia's Muslim community making it quite clear you disassociate yourself from those acts and condemning them?

I'm not talking about the Muslims using their condemnation of their own extremists as a diplomatic manouver. But that seems to be the only time they will do it.

Even though  they do this, it still doesn't seem to be enough for you anyway, does it? What do you actually want from Muslims? Please do tell...

Riegn in the lunatics.

I really don't get this one, care to clarify?

That seems to be what you are doing. You deflect to 'the evil west' instead of criticising fellow Muslims.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9
Send Topic Print