Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print
Islamic etiquette (Read 40832 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Islamic etiquette
Reply #105 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:14pm

I take it by that 'brief' response Grendel, you admit you're wayy out of your depth?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #106 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:15pm

So what you are saying is that India succeeded because they reigned in the loonies and took a pacifist approach, even though they had significant military capabilities? Is that why it is a good strategy for Muslims to let their lunatics loose to stir up the enemy?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #107 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:26pm

rotflmao

Ok Abboo...  let me EDUCATE YOU

I did my study many years ago.

THE BRITISH MANDATE OF PALESTINE INCLUDES WHAT YOU CALL PALESTINE AND TRANSJORDAN...  Oh dear...  you've been defeated again.
SYRIA WAS A FRENCH MANDATE TO THE NORTH.
OTHER BORDERS; THE MEDITERRANEAN, IRAQ, ARABIA AND EGYPT.

OH AND IN CASE YOU DIDN'T KNOW... JUDAISM IS AT LEAST 4000 YEARS OLD.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #108 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:27pm

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:15pm:
So what you are saying is that India succeeded because they reigned in the loonies and took a pacifist approach, even though they had significant military capabilities? Is that why it is a good strategy for Muslims to let their lunatics loose to stir up the enemy?

Why fight when the Brits were getting ready to cut and run anyway? As for Gandhi, the British would not have given a damn who ran the country after they left (which was Nehru). Gandhi couldn't stop the cynical partition of the sub-continent, despite his pleas and speeches and hunger strikes. He was treated with contempt by Roosevelt who saw him as jeopardising the allied war effort.
Gandhi was an old man by the end of the Raj. He was hardly a great political force by then. His myth and hagiography have grown without relent since his death. The Indians love deifying great souls.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #109 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:28pm

LOL
just noticed your snide ignorant little remark Aboo...  
you don't know me very well do you?
guess what...  the day you know more than me hell will freeze over.

I'll flood the site with more real info than you can poke a stick at if needs be to show how ignorant and deluded you really are.  just try me.

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:34pm

Grendel wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:28pm:
LOL
just noticed your snide ignorant little remark Aboo...  
you don't know me very well do you?
guess what...  the day you know more than me hell will freeze over.

I'll flood the site with more real info than you can poke a stick at if needs be to show how ignorant and deluded you really are.  just try me.

lol...all you know hey. I guess we can set aside one post for all that knowledge...or lack of.

Mate..Abu has made you look the fool that you are, and being a grade A dumb ass, you don't even realise how foolish you are beginning to look.

You see...thats the beauty of it, you actually believe that you are smart. BWAHAHA.

You actually think you are 'defeating' abu...when really, it is you that is being made to look second rate and foolish.

Please....keep it up Grendal, no one could possibly dream of making you look as foolish as you have done youself.

Cheesy:D

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #111 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:38pm

Lestat wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:34pm:
lol...all you know hey. I guess we can set aside one post for all that knowledge...or lack of.

Mate..Abu has made you look the fool that you are, and being a grade A dumb ass, you don't even realise how foolish you are beginning to look.

You see...thats the beauty of it, you actually believe that you are smart. BWAHAHA.

You actually think you are 'defeating' abu...when really, it is you that is being made to look second rate and foolish.

Please....keep it up Grendal, no one could possibly dream of making you look as foolish as you have done youself.

Oooo thems fighting words Lestat. You don't know Grendel like we know Grendel.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #112 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:46pm

Quote:
THE BRITISH MANDATE OF PALESTINE INCLUDES WHAT YOU CALL PALESTINE AND TRANSJORDAN...  Oh dear...  you've been defeated again.

Umm, actually that's what I stated: "The British mandate consisted of both Palestine and Transjordan", I defeated myself?

I'm still at a loss to understand what it has to do with the discussion of Palestine? Transjordan became Jordan, Palestine became Israel... Hint, the second part is what's relevant, not the first part.

Quote:
SYRIA WAS A FRENCH MANDATE TO THE NORTH

Again, I don't see what this has to do with Palestine?

Quote:
JUDAISM IS AT LEAST 4000 YEARS OLD.

That's quite debatable. The first usage of the term Yehudim (to refer to the Jewish people even, not their religion) was in the Book of Esther, which is dated to about the 3rd or 4th century B.C

2400 years is the oldest record we have of a people calling themselves  collectively Yehudim (Jews), beyond that is nothing but speculation.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #113 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:50pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:38pm:
Lestat wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:34pm:

Oooo thems fighting words Lestat. You don't know Grendel like we know Grendel.

I don't really care how you know him Helian...but you must agree...really, Abu has made him look foolish in this thread, and he is to thick to realise it...he keeps; coming back for more.

I realised at the start of this thread that Grendal could offer nothing to this debate, hence I walked away. I've got better things to do then waste my time with red neck yobbo's...but I have enjoyed watching Abu expose Grendel's stupidity time and time again. And like I said, the beauty of it is, Grendel doesn't even know it.

Back he'll come with some unwitty statement, thinking that he's somehow clever, yet without realising how stupid he is appearing.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #114 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 1:00pm

hey aboo...  you could only afford to bring along one Cheer-girl???

Aboo  I suggest b4 you carry on any more you go look at some maps of the British mandate of Palestine...  then you can apologise or slink away or whatever you think best.

Oh and lestat...  only the very foolish or ignorant or in your case probably both would think Aboo knows what he's talking about on this.  He's already conceeded on another he was wrong about it.   Grin

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #115 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 1:02pm

Lestat wrote on Oct 20th, 2008 at 12:50pm:
I don't really care how you know him Helian...but you must agree...really, Abu has made him look foolish in this thread, and he is to thick to realise it...he keeps; coming back for more.

I realised at the start of this thread that Grendal could offer nothing to this debate, hence I walked away. I've got better things to do then waste my time with red neck yobbo's...but I have enjoyed watching Abu expose Grendel's stupidity time and time again. And like I said, the beauty of it is, Grendel doesn't even know it.

Fair enough.

I don't know in what capacity you know Abu, but maybe if you choose not to add to the debate that also think about not just being a cheerleader for him... somehow I don't think Abu needs it as much as you're willing to offer it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #116 - Oct 20th, 2008 at 1:06pm

Is there a contradiction between the hadith that commands Muslims to hide the faults of other Muslims, and other hadiths that promote justice?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #117 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 3:04pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 18th, 2008 at 10:13pm:
Also, at least in the Northern Ireland conflict, it was admitted both sides were committing violence, the Republican militias and the Protestant paramilitaries (along with the English army at times). Yet in the conflicts between Muslims and the West, the Muslims are cast as the only aggressors, and the West are just the benign good-natured superpower, who tries so hard to practise self-restraint, yet occasionally has to resort to some military actions, but only after being heavily provoked and attacked of course.. And then regrettably, they happen to kill about 100-200 times more civilians as the other side did, but they immediately make press releases stating that it was not on purpose, or even rejecting that it even occured, or playing down the numbers.

Surely you can see why Muslims would reject engaging in any kind of condemn/blame game in such a climate? The West can't even admit they've done anything, let alone condemn it as being wrong.

Not to mention the fact that most Islamic militant groups are purely defensive, resisting occupation in their own countries to expel foreign invaders... whilst in almost every single case, the West are the invaders, chasing energy resources and regional hegemony etc.

First up, in northern Ireland both groups were engaging in terrorism. That is not the case currently. There were no American terrorists funding their own trip to the middle east to target large numbers of civilians. In both the current conflicts, there were two distuinguishable 'battles'. One was between the US army and the Afghan or Iraq regular army. The other was the battle to round up the loonies and let the locals regain effective self governance. The fact that the west is the invader is not a sign that they are more agressive, just that they are more powerful. Do you really expect us to believe that a powerful Caliphate in a position of lone superpower would not be far more agressive?

Islamic militant groups are not purely defensive. 9/11 was not a defensive act. This is skewed logic whereby if you have any kind of grievance, you can label all sorts of offensive acts as defensive.

Democracy is not hegemony.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #118 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 8:32am

Gandalf hope you don't mind me replying here. I think this is not really about Bronwyn Bishop any more.

As I recall Gandalf spent more time defending Abu or pretending he didn't exist. Now it turns out Gandalf was one of Abu's biggest critics. He trashes Abu without saying why, but if anyone else makes a specific criticism of Abu, Gandalf automatically leaps to Abu's defence and accuses them of lying.

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:36am:
FD you were in about your 5th year of trolling Falah and Abu and shoving words down their mouth by the time I joined the board.

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 3:22pm:
FD I've made my opinion on Abu very clear.

I detest pretty much everything he stands for, and his version of Islam is completely alien to mine. 

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 3:12pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:16pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 1:04pm:
Quote:
Quote:
The fact is I have never defended Abu's backward and misguided views, and I have regularly criticised them. But it doesn't change the fact that you routinely make crap up about people - not just Abu, and I will and have called you out on these fabrications.

Can you give an example of either?

I'm pretty sure this will qualify:

freediver wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 8:39am:
Quote:
If ever we have proof of your racist construction of a muslim mindless collective - this is it. You simply have to maintain this absurd fantasy of muslim A having some mystical impulse to "reflexively"support and defend Muslim B.

No Gandalf. It's an Islamic principle that Abu explained for us.

I believe he even had an Arabic term for it.

Please enlighten us FD - if you can.

Like it or lump it Gandalf:

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 14th, 2008 at 6:29pm:
Quote:
abu - you dont blieve ANYTHING untoward said about ANY muslim EVER.

Generally, no, I don't. I try to always think good about Muslims, and make excuses for them. This is an Islamic etiquette, like it or lump it.

freediver wrote on Aug 6th, 2012 at 6:26pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 9:42am:
Quote:
Could you elbaborate on this 'Islamic etiquette' please Abu?

The first rule is to extend to a Muslim the benefit of the doubt

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 8:02pm:
Quote:
Every single post of yours is riddled with bias and bigotry, which you yourself recently have admitted

Yes, i can admit I am biased towards Islam

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 15th, 2008 at 4:20pm:
Also it can be further understood by supporting hadiths such as this one:

"Whosoever conceals the faults of a Muslim, Allah will conceal his faults in this world and the Hereafter. Allah will aid a servant (of His) so long as the servant aids his brother."

Falah getting in on the act:

falah wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 10:50pm:
Soren wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 10:43pm:
falah wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 10:07pm:
Avram Horowitz wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:31pm:
The religion that stones to death 13 year old girls for being raped by allow men to sex with animals.

I agree with Amnesty International that there is barbaric atrocities in Islam occurring.

Why do you agree with that disputed Amnesty International report, but not the ones saying Israel committed war crimes like killing 300 Palestinian children?

Why do you agree with AI when it condemns Israel but not when it condemns Muslims?

I would take the word of the Hamas Government before I took the word of Amnest International.

The Hamas Government have documented Israel's war crimes. One day, Israelis will be held accountable for their war crimes.

Gandalf, are you able to make any specific criticisms of Abu's interpretation of Islam? Or do you just trash him vaguely because you know he is a lost cause, but then look for any way to defend him on the details? If you really do "detest everything he stands for", why do you automatically leap to his defence on something as (relatively) innocuous as Islamic etiquette, to the point of baselessly accusing people of lying over something you are obviously unaware of?
« Last Edit: Oct 15th, 2017 at 8:55am by freediver »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #119 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 11:30am

FD, are you trying to make a point of some kind here? If so, it's indecipherable.

Also, if you're going to quote old debates with Abu, it might help to post ones where he doesn't royally hand you your bottom.

Abu might have been a devious old crank, but he was cunning, and he knew his stuff.

Remember, it was Abu waltzing all over your arguments that made you "change your mind".

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 
Send Topic Print