Send Topic Print
masturbation (Read 13707 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: masturbation
Reply #15 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 3:30pm

Just because something isn't widely acknowledged doesn't mean it does not exist. Forbidding homosexuality doesn't prevent homosexuality, it just prevents it from being publicly acknowledged. Saying they never have existed in the past is a bit naive.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #16 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 3:59pm

I think you're still confusing the act with the lifestyle. The act might occur, but the proclamation of a lifestyle definitely would not. And in fact I don't thik it ever existed anywhere in any society previously, not even in Sodom or Greece, the two places most known historically for this. They still didn't consider it a lifestyle, they just indulged in the act at times.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #17 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 4:06pm

I think you're just playing semantics.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 4:12pm

They still didn't consider it a lifestyle, they just indulged in the act at times.

What's the difference? Are you suggesting they were basically straight but occasionally had gay sex, and that there were no 'gay' people who practiced gay sex exclusively?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #19 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:09pm

Nope, what I'm saying is Western society has made it into this lifestyle that it is. Previously it was just an abnormality that occured sometimes amongst people, but not a lifestyle. The acceptance of it, the encouragement of it and the promotion of it into a lifestyle is what's made it what it is today. There are some people who indulge in acts, but do not subscribe to the lifestyle, even today.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #20 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 6:19pm

anyway if you have something more to ask about the original topic, please do, otherwise we'll finish this discussion. I'm really sick of all these disgusting topics, it's really quite abnormal to be thinking about and talking about this stuff all day... Islam is not a religion of shame where such things can't be discussed, but you're really just going overboard and can't seem to focus on anything else.

I am truly concerned for your mental well being freediver, when bestiality, masturbation and homosexuality are all you occupy your thoughts with.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #21 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:21pm

>One must not dwell too long on the frangrance of the Black Narcissus

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Ayn Marx
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South of Australia
Reply #22 - Mar 23rd, 2021 at 7:32pm

freediver wrote on Oct 9th, 2008 at 1:52pm:
If someone were to commit a sexual act with someone of the same sex, that is not considered homosexuality, and is not apostasy from Islam, in and of itself.

Didn't you say that to be punished for homosexuality, you need 4 witnesses to the act? If it is not the act itself that is homosexual, what standard is there for testimony? That is, how do they bear witness to the fact that two men are gay, and not just living together to save rent, and occasionally sinning by having sex with each other? How do you witness a choice, as opposed to an act?

Such distinctions are often ignored by the religious police in fully Muslim nations .

The Human Race is Insane

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print