Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Muslim Zionism - The consequence of Prophecy (Read 11610 times)
NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Muslim Zionism - The consequence of Prophecy
Reply #30 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 8:16am

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 1st, 2008 at 12:42am:
They've supported it since it's inception. As the British took less of a role in the ME, and the US took over from them, they also inherited the 'asset' of Israel.

Prior to 1967, France was the main arms supplier to Israel. Of course, the US would no doubt have been overseeing the relationship between them. It cooled dramatically after 1967, but recently Sarkozy has suggested a greater intimacy between France and Israel.

I very much doubt any European nation would. Perhaps China or India, that's about all I can imagine.

China and India… The world’s next great superpowers. Germany still pays compensation to Israel. Becoming its main supporter in the unlikely event of the US withdrawing its support for Israel (and where the state of Israel is gravely threatened) would be extremely difficult for a German government to refuse, given its history. I wouldn’t imagine any German Chancellor relishing the thought of explaining to the world why Germany should stand by and watch Israel being “wiped off the face of the earth”, to use Armedinejadian rhetoric.

Since they are surrounded by the Muslims, it's highly unlikely they'd use a nuclear device within their own vicinity.

No nuclear state has yet ever been threatened with annihilation in the way Muslims wish for Israel. Were that to occur, the reactions from the threatened state would most likely be severe. After all, what is the point of such weapons of last resort, if not to be used in the event of the state’s imminent destruction?

I really can't understand what Christians find so strange about Islam, most of the concepts found in Islam exist in Judaism, from which Christianity is descended, and a lot of it is clearly written in their book. They might not follow it anymore, and consider it abrogated, but it's there for them to read.

I’d suggest that Christians are generally most familiar with the new Testament and identify themselves in accordance with new Testament ideals consciously rejecting old Testament ones.

You need to make a distinction here. Are you talking about an individual's or about a state's relationship with the secular West? Or are you even talking about the Secular West? Are you actually talking about when you install a Secular system of government in the Muslim countries, will the Muslims accept to live under it? In that case no.

But if you just mean an individual, yes an individual Muslim can live quite fine under a secular system of government.

Turkey appears to struggle to some degree with this issue and endures terrorist acts by Muslim extremists. However, apparently most Turks prefer to live within a secular state. No doubt they have realised as Italians, who once lived within the Papal States did, that states run by clerics are oppressive.

Not really. Suicide is forbidden in Islam, as is targetting civilians. Not just that, but my example was pointing to those attacks in which the clear propaganda result of the attack is quite obviously purely to the benefit of the enemies of the militant Islamic groups. You can't really believe the militant Islamic groups to be so stupid that they'd target their fellow Muslims, which would then lead to mass opposition to their cause can you? There's gotta be something more to it, it just doesn't make sense at all.

I wouldn’t put it past warrior zealots to act illogically. When groups like al Qaeda promote armed resistance but have no means to control the outcome, they unleash the likelihood that psychopaths may heed the call. It wouldn’t be hard for zealots to justify the killing of Muslims who associate with their preferable targets by declaring them virtual apostates. Armed extremists appear to enjoy killing anyone.

Can you show me a single Islamic scholar who's said it's permissible to kill civilians and commit suicide? The vast overhwelming majority believe it is not.

I agree that the vast overwhelming majority probably believe it is not. Your statement implies that you believe some do. Those murderers who are captured and make public statements usually refer to an Islamic spiritual leader (presumably a recognised scholar) as their mentor and guide like Abu Bakar Bashir, for example. Of course he claims that the Bali bombings are the result of a CIA / Mossad plot along with 9/11.

I'm assuming you mean the Gaza Strip? I don't know if you've checked a map or not, but the Gaza Strip is just a big fenced off city. If you're not launching it from an urban area, you're simply not launching it, plain and simple.

I was thinking of Lebanon, actually.

« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2008 at 1:53pm by NorthOfNorth »  

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #31 - Oct 1st, 2008 at 5:20pm

Quote:
I wouldn’t imagine any German Chancellor relishing the thought of explaining to the world why Germany should stand by and watch Israel being “wiped off the face of the earth”, to use Armedinejadian rhetoric.

I think it's more of a show of face to America. After being destroyed in WWII, Germany had to act as America demanded it act. If the US is no longer in it's current position, then Germany probably wouldn't be too worried about the Zionists.

Quote:
After all, what is the point of such weapons of last resort, if not to be used in the event of the state’s imminent destruction?

I think Jews would prefer safe passage out than destruction at their own hand. If they're given no choice, then yes they might do something like they did in Masada, but if they're offered safe passage back to their original countries, I'm sure they'd accept it.

Quote:
I’d suggest that Christians are generally most familiar with the new Testament and identify themselves in accordance with new Testament ideals consciously rejecting old Testament ones.

Practising Christians generally read the Bible in it's entirety, and are aware of the practises and customs and beliefs of the Israelites. I'm sure they must know that a lot of them are very similar to Islamic custom/belief.

Quote:
Turkey appears to struggle to some degree with this issue and endures terrorist acts by Muslim extremists.

If you're talking about states, then really what right do you have to enforce your ideology of secularism in Muslim countries? Isn't the West complaining that Muslims want to enforce their ideology onto you? When it facts the exact opposite, you're fighting wars to enforce your ideology onto us. We don't want secularism, simple.

Quote:
However, apparently most Turks prefer to live within a secular state.

So why do they keep electing Islamist-leaning governments? And why does the military keep overthrowing them? The secularists are actually a very small but vocal minority. They just so happen to have full control of the military.

Quote:
that states run by clerics are oppressive.

Since there's no such concept as a clergy in Islam, that statement doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote:
Your statement implies that you believe some do.

Undoubtedly there are some who do. But they are a very tiny minority, and they only really allow it in places like Palestine, where the occupation force and the civilian population are the exact same entity. They use the rulings from when Muhammad (pbuh) used the mangonel to beseige cities that contained military and civilian populations.

The nature of warfare today means that civilians are more likely to be casualties, this is a natural consequence of militaries that just fly around dropping explosives incidiscrminately on populated areas. Islam does not prefer this type of battle, but it's unlikely the invading forces in Iraq for instance will agree to a fair fist fight or a duel of sabres.

Just because Western leaders make apologies and say "It was regrettable" or "there's always going to be collateral damage" etc. doesn't mean they didn't carry out the action knowing it would happen, and thereby they condone it. Islam does not condone it, and so far I've only seen Muslim groups resort to it out of desperation. Like in Palestine, they resisted the occupation conventionally for about 30-40 years before the first suicide bomber was used. Do you think they should just keep suffering in camps for another 30-40 years? It's still a terrible tragedy that they have to resort to that, and I don't think a single Muslim really supports or is happy about it, but the world has abandoned and betrayed them.

Quote:
usually refer to an Islamic spiritual leader (presumably a recognised scholar) as their mentor and guide like Abu Bakar Bashir

I don't think he's ever stated that. Sounds like media sensationalism.

Quote:
I was thinking of Lebanon, actually

Most Hezbollah actions are carried out in the deserts of Southern Lebanon, not from populated areas. Gaza I could accept, but Lebanon, they don't. Doesn't stop the Zionists from bombing civilians, even in UN shelters...

I noticed you completely missed out the part about Israel not being subject to the IAEA, why?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 1:59pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 1st, 2008 at 5:20pm:
I think it's more of a show of face to America. After being destroyed in WWII, Germany had to act as America demanded it act. If the US is no longer in it's current position, then Germany probably wouldn't be too worried about the Zionists.

I think you underestimate the depth of shame and guilt rightly still felt by Germans about the Holocaust… the land of Goethe, Beethoven, Hegel and Marx. I have heard that a hard question for thinking Germans to answer in the presence of non-Germans is "Are you proud to be  German?"... it invariably raises the spectre of the holocaust. It is a moral pollution that is still far from being washed away.

I think Jews would prefer safe passage out than destruction at their own hand. If they're given no choice, then yes they might do something like they did in Masada, but if they're offered safe passage back to their original countries, I'm sure they'd accept it.

This is a good 'un (and I know you jest). Ship 'em off to where they came from. Except the ones who were born there I guess and the ones who don't want to leave or have surrendered their former citizenship .... Will they be driven into the sea? We've all heard this one used currently against Muslims in Australia. Before that as a solution to the "Asian problem"... and before that the Greeks and Italians. Threaten Israel with imminent destruction and roll the dice...

Practising Christians generally read the Bible in it's entirety, and are aware of the practises and customs and beliefs of the Israelites. I'm sure they must know that a lot of them are very similar to Islamic custom/belief.

I think modern Christians recognise religion in terms of something like the New Testament. Maybe when they see the likes of Muqtada al-Sadr, they might imagine in him the sternness and demeanour reminiscent of  an Old Testament prophet. And it’s odds on that the image would be more apocalyptic than a welcoming into the vortex of religious communion. Throughout my Christian upbringing, Old Testament prophets were the archetypes of unreasonable brutality, anger, or bad temper, like Ezekiel. We were generally taught (or at least not turned from believing) that Muslims were the bloodthirsty warrior zealots of history. As a consequence, and just from his moniker alone, I often used to wonder whether Simon the Zealot was in fact a Muslim before his time.  

Since there's no such concept as a clergy in Islam, that statement doesn't make a lot of sense.

Well whatever process it is that makes Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei the Supreme Leader of an Islamic Republic.

I noticed you completely missed out the part about Israel not being subject to the IAEA, why?

Because for me, in this forum, you are the expert on Islamic matters..
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2008 at 2:22pm by NorthOfNorth »  

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #33 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 3:16pm

Quote:
This is a good 'un (and I know you jest). Ship 'em off to where they came from.

I jest you not. This is the same reasonable solution offered by Salahudin after he ended the last 99 years of Western-imposed occupation. Those who wish for safe passage back to their original lands shall be guaranteed it. Those who don't, are free to remain and live peacefully among us.

Certainly much nicer than what the Europeans offered to us when they took al-Andalus. Conversion or a BBQ...

Quote:
Except the ones who were born there I guess and the ones who don't want to leave or have surrendered their former citizenship .... Will they be driven into the sea?

No. That was never an Islamic suggestion, it was Arab nationalist propaganda, and merely echoed that which was actually carried out by the Zionists.

Quote:
We've all heard this one used currently against Muslims in Australia. Before that as a solution to the "Asian problem"... and before that the Greeks and Italians.

Well Muslims entered Australia with the consent of the government, as well as many of us being anglo-converts. Bit different. If  you'd used the example of the Aborigines, it might be a little more relevant.

Quote:
Well whatever process it is that makes Grand Ayatollah Ali Khamenei the Supreme Leader of an Islamic Republic.

Since I don't consider Iran to be a valid implementation of the Islamic ideology, it's irrelevant what process they use. their entire system is full of nonsense that has absolutely nothing to do with Islam.

Quote:
Because for me, in this forum, you are the expert on Islamic matters..

But it's nothing to do with Islam. It's an issue of a Zionist state, and an international body. I think perhaps you won't answer it because you know it's a very obvious contradiction?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #34 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 1:54pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 2nd, 2008 at 3:16pm:
[quote] Certainly much nicer than what the Europeans offered to us when they took al-Andalus.

You mean when they re-took it, surely.

Like colonising the Middle East from Marocco to Syria, which was more like a reconquista, a re-taking of territory from the Muslims who had overrun these previously Christian lands. As a matter of historical fact, the Muslim presence everywhere in the Middle East is the result of their military aggression. They are native to Araby only, the rest of the Islamisation of North Africa and the Levant is the result of bloody conquest of Christian territory.
So "the 99 years of Western-imposed occupation" was in fact a 99 year long period of liberation. Crusades themselves were a resonse to 300 years of bloody provocations by the Muslims in these very lands. They were an attempt to liberate the Levant from the Muslim usurpers.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #35 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 2:10pm

Quote:
You mean when they re-took it, surely.

Actually the Catholics never really ruled Spain prior to the Muslims, so they couldn't re-take it. It was ruled by the Arian Goths, who practised a purely monotheistic version of Christianity that predates the trinitarian polytheistic variety. And they actually invited the Muslims into Spain. Muslims were carried into Spain by Christian boats, surely that's not considered an invasion force.

Quote:
Colonising the Middle East from Marocco to Syria was more like a reconquista
]

Christians only ruled those areas for a very short period of time, surely a lot less time than what Muslims ruled al-Andalus.

Quote:
Muslims presence everywhere in the Middle East is the result of their military aggression

All the result of pre-emptive strikes and defensive manouveres.

Quote:
They are native to Araby only, the rest is the result of bloody conquets.

Prior to Islam Arabs inhabited not only the Arabian peninsula but also most of souther Iraq, Jordan and Palestine, and even as far up as Syria. The Ghassanids for instance were an Arabic people who had lived in the Levant for centuries prior to the arrival of Islam.

Quote:
So "the 99 years of Western-imposed occupation" was in fact a 99 year long period of liberation.

Liberation from life... Tell it to the middle eastern Christians and Jews who were slaughtered alongside the Muslims. It was nothing but a poor attempt by Europeans to  counteract the growing 'threat' of  Islam, and to escape their own squalor at home in Europe. It's a known fact that the Europeans first learnt how to bathe with soap and many other fine aspects of civilisation during their 99 years in the middle of the MUSLIM lands.

Quote:
Crusades themselves were a resonse to 300 years of bloody provocations by the Muslims in these very lands.

What a load of nonsense. Why didn't they do it in the 7th. century then? At least Christians were allowed to live in Muslim lands, no Muslims were even permitted to live in Christian lands, Muslims were either expelled, forced to convert or executed, simple. If anyone had reason to invade the other, it was Muslims.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #36 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 2:27pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 2nd, 2008 at 3:16pm:
Quote:
This is a good 'un (and I know you jest). Ship 'em off to where they came from.

This is the same reasonable solution offered by Salahudin after he ended the last 99 years of Western-imposed occupation. Those who wish for safe passage back to their original lands shall be guaranteed it. Those who don't, are free to remain and live peacefully among us.

The Christians in Jersusalem were allowed to live because they threatened to destroy the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque if not given the chance to surrender and flee.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #37 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 3:20pm

Quote:
The Christians in Jersusalem were allowed to live because they threatened to destroy the Dome of the Rock and the Al Aqsa Mosque if not given the chance to surrender and flee.

They'd already desecrated it by turning it into a church anyway. It's a known fact that on most occasions Salahudin (May God be well pleased with him) fought against the Crusaders, he practised moderation and permitted them either safe passage or disarmament and safe settlement amongst the Muslims, after the end of hostilities. Muhammad al-Fatih (May God be well pleased with him) also did the same when he took Constantinople, what did they threaten to destroy there? Their own churches perhaps?

Anyway, when we compare it with the capture of the cities of al-Andalus centuries later, it's quite obvious who the barbarians and who the civilised people were. Conversion or the fiery stake.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #38 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 10:30pm

The long and the short of it is that there would not have been any Crusades had the Mulism not invaded and conquered the Christian Levant. And they simply did it for booty, nothing else. There was no invitation, there was no 'maneouvering' to any other end.

Every barbarian horde was doing it after the collapse of the Western Roman empire. For our purposes the main issue is that Muslims are not the Bambi Nation you paint them to be. They have massacred plenty, took what wasn't theirs plenty, so don't give us the retrospective oppressed and wounded thirdworldist nonsense.i

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 10:57pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 2:10pm:
[quote]Actually the Catholics never really ruled Spain prior to the Muslims, so they couldn't re-take it.

That is a neat piece of subtle distortion (you probably thought) yet it is  glaringly dishonest.  

Quote:
It was ruled by ... Christianity.

Indeed.

Quote:
And they actually invited the Muslims into Spain. Muslims were carried into Spain by Christian boats, surely that's not considered an invasion force.

They were invited in a mercenary force, as  muscle, not to rule.

If this is how your mind turns then you must have no objection to the 'crusader armies'  currently in Iraq and Afghanistan, as they are also there by the invitation of the elected governments of these countries. And they will leave when asked by these elected governments.

By contrast, the Mulism of Spain (and of everywhere else, ever) were and are NOT familiar with the meaning of 'thank you and good-bye'.

Islam does not believe it when it is asked to leave. It gets offended if it is not welcome. In fact, Islam has absolutely cornered the market of 'being offended'. That is one of its most offensive and mendacious traits.

« Last Edit: Oct 4th, 2008 at 12:52am by Soren »  

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #40 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 11:06pm

abu_rashid wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 3:20pm:
[quote]
They'd already desecrated it by turning it into a church anyway.

That's lovely.

Obviously you don't mind then if all the places of worship ever converted into mosques ( there is plenty of them) are also correctly identified as desecrated places.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #41 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 11:09pm

Soren !!!
You get a 10/10 for a new word !!
mendacious - excellent. i have not seen it before.
Had to look it up - love it.
Its mendaciousness obstificates its "hidden" message.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #42 - Oct 3rd, 2008 at 11:48pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Oct 3rd, 2008 at 11:09pm:
Soren !!!
You get a 10/10 for a new word !!
mendacious - excellent. i have not seen it before.
Had to look it up - love it.
Its mendaciousness obstificates its "hidden" message.

I'll have the cake, please.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=rZVjKlBCvhg

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #43 - Oct 9th, 2008 at 7:34pm

Abu the Catholic Roman Empire ruled spain long before muslims. Spain remained vastly catholic after that.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print