Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Time to take back control (Read 4694 times)
Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Time to take back control
Sep 18th, 2008 at 12:12am

It's really just an afterthought that we have no control anynore...so our comments are inconsequential here or anywhere.

It's proven that even the most right wing posters here are nowhere near as right winged or as authoratarian as our master geek Rudd.
Where is the balance? Do we own or do we not?
I'm not trying to start a revolution, but just a question.
Why are we going backwards?? I hate this s h i t.

We are a smacking democracy....but even my words will be edited.

WHO OWNS YOU?

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Re: Time to take back control
Reply #1 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 1:01am

We are a "smacking" democracy.

Even in a so called open forum, I get edited.

« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2008 at 1:31pm by Amadd »  

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #2 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 4:41am

Quote:
It's proven that even the most right wing posters here are nowhere near as right winged or as authoratarian as our master geek Rudd.
Where is the balance? Do we own or do we not?

We are a smacking democracy....but even my words will be edited.

WHO OWNS YOU?

Yes Rudd is a bit of a disappointment Amadd - it could be inexperience, but look at the disaster evolving in the wake of the previous government.  We are on the verge of a recession - some say it will be as bad if not worse than 1929.  This was predicted a couple of years ago and even Turnbull has admitted this is the case.  The US in all their greed has stuffed up the world economy.

We are going backwards and people still have the hangover mentality from the last decade - anything for a quick buck whether it's earned or not.  We are ripped off wherever we turn by tradesmen, retailers and governments.

Yes it's true - our little voices are inconsequential now as a new, different species who couldn't care less takes control over what we were once familiar with.

Hmmm.  Starting a revolution is an inspiring thought, although who's got the energy or the motivation after being suppressed for so long by everyone and everything.

Cheer up Amadd - you are not alone in your frustration - if that's any consolation.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 6:35am

Amadd wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 at 12:12am:
It's really just an afterthought that we have no control anynore...so our comments are inconsequential here or anywhere.

Hi Amadd. Can you be more specific please.
When you say "we" who are you talking about and when you talk about having no control what control do you mean, not controlling what?

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 9:00am

Of course we have control.
We have control over ourselves and what we do.

You had the control to write that, I had control to reply.

Any other thought is weak, selfdefeating and is giving away responsibility for your own life.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

djrbfm

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:07am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 at 9:00am:
Of course we have control.
We have control over ourselves and what we do.

You had the control to write that, I had control to reply.

Any other thought is weak, selfdefeating and is giving away responsibility for your own life.

what a stupid answer.
what are you? some sooth-sayer on a misty mountain top?
the point these ppl are making, and also myself, is that we voted Rudd in for change - a reverse of Howards legislations etc, and he just does nothing or reinforces them.
come on, we are not in control here.
Rudd's just a puppet for the factions that really control Australia.
I personally would like to see a PM that is not rich and that would accept
a lot less money for their role.
Rudd got in on the votes of the ppl Howard abused, and now he's abusing them.
what a joke.
the way i see it, it's all been a plot to push thru all the new social security laws.
Howard played the bad guy with the IR's, then Rudd comes along with the "we'll save you" bit as the good guy.
sure, he's reversed the IR's but that was a red herring anyway.
the whole idea was to get the social security change through by stealth.
everyone fell for it.
DR9.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:24am

if you voted for rudd, that was your decision. That was under your control.

howard did what he thought was in aussie best interests.

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #7 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:32am

I too am dissapointed in Kevin Rudd.

Good to see Labor back in power..but Rudd  is too conservative for my liking..mostly in the area of Social Policy ..

Hes a control nazi..quite scarily so.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:49am

oceanz wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:32am:
I too am dissapointed in Kevin Rudd.

Good to see Labor back in power..but Rudd  is too conservative for my liking..mostly in the area of Social Policy ..

Hes a control nazi..quite scarily so.

I still believe Australians made the right decision to elect Labor at the last election.
We as Australians have no control over a world economics market that is clearly out of control, things would not be better under a LIberal gov, I suspect thet would be worse becouse we would still be stuck with the rodent and his policys which I think would put us in a worse position.
As for Rudd, I dont like him becouse as Oceanz says he is too socially conservative, but I suspect that was what we had to have to get rid of the rodent.
My thoughts at the moment are that I really believe if Labor go to far to the left to fast that they wont last more than a term.
In a perfect world Gillard would be my choice as Labor PM, but it aint a perfect world.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #9 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:51am

djrbfm wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:07am:
what a stupid answer.
what are you? some sooth-sayer on a misty mountain top?
the point these ppl are making, and also myself, is that we voted Rudd in for change - a reverse of Howards legislations etc, and he just does nothing or reinforces them.
come on, we are not in control here.
Rudd's just a puppet for the factions that really control Australia.
I personally would like to see a PM that is not rich and that would accept
a lot less money for their role.
Rudd got in on the votes of the ppl Howard abused, and now he's abusing them.
what a joke.
the way i see it, it's all been a plot to push thru all the new social security laws.
Howard played the bad guy with the IR's, then Rudd comes along with the "we'll save you" bit as the good guy.
sure, he's reversed the IR's but that was a red herring anyway.
the whole idea was to get the social security change through by stealth.
everyone fell for it.
DR9.

Will you please expand on your ideas? You seem very interesting.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #10 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 3:20pm

Apologies for my incoherency.

You are right Mantra, I should cheer up. I do tend to vent my frustrations a lot when I fuel myself with the overemotional liquid.

It's really all been said before that we need better than our two party preferred system. But I suppose if there was a better party available to govern the country then they'd be more prominant. Wouldn't they?

Yes Sprint I used my vote to get Howard out, not neccessarily to get Rudd in. I can't even honestly say that Rudd has been a disappointment, because he has probably delivered more than I expected (but my expectations were pretty low).

We chatted about an impending recession on Cracker for at least a year before Johnny was ousted, we all knew it was coming and change of government was never going to stop it from happening.

What I suppose irks me most of all is the "trickle down effect" mentality, where sacrificing for big business is supposed to make us all better off in the long run.
IMO, as long as they become stinking bloody rich, then and only then, are they are happy to throw the little doggy a boney

It's not the corporation or the banks who have made the advances in society, it's every person's contribution.
Nobody ever needed a bank or a corporation around to invent the light globe, the wheel, the computer, penicillin..etc.  which have made the real advances in society.
If a bank or a corporation goes under, we'll do just dandy without them. Probably even better.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #11 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 3:56pm

Well we had One Nation, and the government and opposition of the day, as well as everyone else, media included, went out of their way to ridicule and destroy them for believing as they did, in a democratic country.

Then Pauline gets locked up on some bullshit excuse.

Yeah, so if a legitimate alternative surfaces, rely on the organised criminals of this country to shut it down. Will happen without fail.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #12 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 4:46pm

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office.
AESOP

This has always been true

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 7:49pm

I voted for Rudd (or at least, put Labor ahead of Liberal) so he would ratify Kyoto. So I got what I wanted out of it. I wasn't too impressed with most of their other policies so I am glad he is taking his time with them.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 11:42pm

why the hell is everybody whining about how kevin rudd isn't CHANGING EVERYTHING

why on earth did you expect him to do things differently

dumbasses

IP Logged

djrbfm

OzPolitic

Reply #15 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 11:09pm

easel wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 at 3:56pm:
Well we had One Nation, and the government and opposition of the day, as well as everyone else, media included, went out of their way to ridicule and destroy them for believing as they did, in a democratic country.

Then Pauline gets locked up on some bullshit excuse.

Yeah, so if a legitimate alternative surfaces, rely on the organised criminals of this country to shut it down. Will happen without fail.

yes, i would agree totally with this.
not that i think One Nation had great plans.
Pauline was just an example of how ordinary ppl here are so under the thumb.
i anyone tried to "get up" here without "vested interests" agreeing, the same would occur.

DR9.

IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 11:20pm

"Time to take back control"

The question is: when was last time ppl had control?

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Sep 20th, 2008 at 11:44pm

tallow - when they were living in caves ?

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Sep 21st, 2008 at 12:32am

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #19 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:19pm

One Nation had lots of viable policy...

Australian politics today - what you know and what you think you know about party policies are two entirely different things.

Are Greenies really just loony-left tree- huggers? Do Democrats play with fairies at the bottom of the garden? Is One Nation really extreme-right-wing? Are Liberal and Labor so different? Do the Nationals really care about country Australia? Most parties receive and pass preferences to parties with similar beliefs. Does this mean Liberal and Labor have much in common? All parties are urged to put One Nation last. The Greens want to legalise drugs - does Labor?

In 2001 the Democrats ran a campaign directly against One Nation.

Well of course they did you say... one is evil, one is good. Really? Let’s look at some of the policies and issues they shared.

Did you know, in Transport for example on the "Major Airports in New South Wales” issue. The Democrats did not support the development of a new airport within the Sydney basin. They believed, that integration with fast rail and rail freight transport along with other planned infrastructure development was also necessary. As did One Nation.

In regards to the Environment and Water, the Democrats called for immediate action to halt the continuing degradation of our river systems. Actions must ensure adequate environmental flows and maintain (where it is now adequate) or improve water quality.

One Nation has always linked the problem of Water with infrastructure development, or to be more precise the lack of it. It has "endorsed" the Watering Australia Foundation and infrastructure development ideas in line with it. One Nation realises that increased population is dependent on the management and development of this precious resource.

In regards to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders the Democrats stated they will act to address disadvantage faced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people in the areas of health, housing, education and the legal system.

One Nation has always stated that all Australians should be treated fairly and equally on a needs basis.

The Democrats opposed the privatisation of Australia Post. As the provider of essential mail services - particularly services for rural and regional Australia - it is vital that Australia Post's direction and decisions remain in government hands and that profits continue to be returned to all Australians. It also has a similar stance on Telstra - putting important public assets into select private hands is not in Australia's long term interest. For that reason, they opposed the partial sale of Telstra.

Sounds exactly like One Nation policy. One Nation has always opposed selling off assets and parts of Australia. If a company or utility is; essential, profitable, providing a proper service. It sees no reason to sell it off.

In regards to the Constitution and Citizens' Initiated Referenda (CIR), the Democrats state. There is a widespread feeling in the community that politicians do not genuinely listen to their concerns and ideas. This has led to an unacceptable level of disenchantment with the political process. Instead of being proud of a political system that is one of the most stable and least restrictive in the world, Australians are angry at what they see as the powerlessness of ordinary citizens. CIR is one way of giving people at the grassroots access to real political power.

More One Nation rhetoric? CIR is and always has been a One Nation policy. The above states the primary reason that One Nation came about. Ordinary people, having a say, (a direct say) in Government.

In regards to Finance and Taxation, the Democrats support economic independence for Australia, but with so much of our economy either owned or mortgaged to foreigners, our economic independence is under threat.

This is something One Nation has always fought for. The Democrats also state; "For unless we regain our economic independence, our independence as a nation will soon slip away." Something else One Nation has been saying all along.

As for Fairer Banking, the Democrats supposedly defended the rights of consumers to safe and inexpensive banking. They stated that the interests of bank customers must not be traded off in the interest of bank profitability.

Something else One Nation has been saying. It’s policy was to create a new people’s bank as has recently been done in NZ.

The Democrats believed in reform of the income tax system. They said too much of the tax burden falls on the shoulders of low and middle income earners. At the same time, tax has become virtually optional for high income earners by use of trust or corporate structures, income splitting, and poorly designed tax breaks on their savings and investments.

These issues are all One Nation issues. Making tax fairer and simpler and making business pay their fair share has always been One Nation policy.

In regards to, Infrastructure and National Development, the Democrats believed that increasing public investment in infrastructure is crucial to our nation's future development, job security and wealth creation.

One Nation has always stood for developing Australia - rebuilding manufacturing industries, infrastructure development and increasing development of regional Australia (like the Parkes Air Freight Proposal for example.)

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:20pm

pt 2

As for the Public Sector, Privatisation and Competition Policy the Democrats said they will oppose privatisation unless it is shown in a public inquiry that there is a clear public benefit.

One Nation has always said this.

The Multilateral Agreement on Investment (MAI) was a policy exposed to the public by Pauline Hanson. The Democrats said that the MAI was unfair and unbalanced because it puts the interests of multinational companies ahead of that of sovereign nations - it threatens Australian Democracy.

Exactly what Pauline and One Nation were saying all along.

Health. The Democrats support the development of an equitable, efficient and high quality health care system that is accessible to all Australians. In Rural Health the Democrats believe that the Government should provide health funding to rural areas in a way which can be used by rural communities to meet their specific needs, rather than the needs of Governments.

This too is common to One Nation, note that services are to be provided on a needs basis. Something else One Nation has always said.

The Democrats believe in an immigration level which will enable the population of Australia to be stabilised at a level which is consistent with a sustainable environment.

This is also common ground between the parties, even if they differ in areas such as multiculturalism. A policy which One Nation believes allows cultural migration at the expense of Australian culture. Some parties don’t believe there is an Australian culture.

Australia has been well ahead of its trading partners in the speed and depth of cuts to its tariffs, quotas and bounties. This systematic cutting of protection has been instigated and supported by Labor and the Coalition. As a result, Australia has been flooded by cheap imports, which have decimated Australian industries and cost many thousands of jobs. Australian manufacturers and workers have been placed at a disadvantage to overseas competitors who receive assistance from their governments, and who operate under much lower labour, environmental and occupational health and safety standards.

Why has Australia so drastically cut its Tariffs?
- Strong reductions in tariffs have been a key theme of economic rationalism.
- There is a belief amongst the major parties and senior bureaucrats in the myth of the "level playing field".
- The myth is that industries in all countries can compete with each other on an equal footing without any Government assistance.
- This is fine in theory, but the reality is that most countries support their industries to varying degrees. It is poor social and economic policy for Australia to expose its industries to unfair competition.

Trade liberalisation should be reciprocal not unilateral. We should only reduce our levels of protection at the same rate as our trading partners and competitors.

Sound a lot like One Nation right? Yes, it does. But it was also what the Democrats believed at the time.

What did the Democrats say they would do?
- Tariff cuts must cease immediately and any further reductions must only occur when our trading partners agree to cut their real level of protection to the same as ours;
- Australia's tariff and non-tariff regime must be reviewed to ensure maximum Australian advantage in international trade. That advantage must be measured in social as well as economic terms - in jobs as well as costs and prices.

Sounds an awful lot like One Nation policy and rhetoric. There is no doubt that bipartisan support would be forthcoming on the issues brought up here. Imagine... bipartisan support from One Nation.

More from the Democrats on Rural Affairs and Primary Industries. They said; Regional Australia is in crisis; economically, socially and environmentally. Much of the damage done to Regional Australia can be sheeted home to 'flat earth' economists mindlessly pursuing the mantra of the 'level playing field', which has seen industries such as pork and citrus sacrificed, textile, clothing, footwear and metal fabrication industries shut down - all in the face of a flood of imports from countries who either subsidise their exports or produce goods using wage rates and labour standards considered unacceptable in Australia.

Again typically One Nation rhetoric, again strong grounds for bipartisan support.

On Foreign Investment the Democrats said they were not opposed to foreign investment, and welcome investment which has the effect of opening up export opportunities or introduces new technologies. Foreign investment must be judged against two criteria: will it bring a net economic benefit to Australia, and is there a comparable Australian investor available? These tests must be conducted by a strong statutory authority using vigorous, public and accountable processes.

Again almost identical to One Nation rhetoric. Again One Nation would without a doubt support this direction.

As for the magic public Mandate. No party, unless it receives more than 50% of the vote, can claim that it comes to government with a majority of public support for its policies.

Also a One Nation sentiment.

Interesting isn’t it, when you get the facts. It would seem the Democrats are an extreme-right-wing party just like One Nation. Or is it just, that’s the myth other not-so-honest parties wanted you to believe?

Instead of a politically correct party like the Democrats, you should have consider giving your vote to One nation... unfortunately they are dead now.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #21 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:24pm

As for policy viability..
NO ANSWERS... they said.

One Nation has been ridiculed, vilified and even condemned for its policies and stances on various things. Yet Noel Pearson for example, gets praised for echoing Pauline Hanson's comments on aboriginal welfare...

Bob Carr may bag One Nation, but he certainly likes our policies.

In January 99, Premier Carr announced Labor will name juvenile offenders.

In December 98, One Nation announced a policy to name juvenile offenders who committed serious offences. This recommendation was publicly disclosed at a very well attended press conference on law and order and clear documents showed our stand.

Premier Carr also announced Labor will return the teaching of Australian History to the school curriculum, in particular our involvement in World War I. The need for emphasis on Australian History including our constitution, system of government, etc. was announced as policy by One Nation over a year ago in January 98.

Nationals Steal Another One Nation Policy.

With only 2 days to go in a State Election the National Party, suddenly discovered that the Native Vegetation Act was a problem and that One Nation's policy is to abolish the Native vegetation act. In their usual manner the National Party, always out of touch with rural concerns until One Nation raises them, simply
announced a new policy directly - stolen from One Nation.

From the One Nation policy “BLUE BOOK,” page 25; under Rural and Regional Support and Development, subheading Environment, our policy clearly stated:
One Nation supports the abolition of the Native Vegetation Act.

One Nation’s impact in N.S.W. continues.

Bob Carr came out and said English is the official language in NSW, the description Ethnic is divisive, outdated and demeaning. Imagine what would have happened if One Nation had said that.

The impact of One Nation on NSW Labor is clear. When the new Labor Minister Eddie Obeid spoke the other day in defence of Bob Carr's change of the Ethnic Affairs portfolio name to the new title CITIZENSHIP, it was a speech taken right out of the many works published by One Nation and was the same as speeches given on many occasions by Pauline Hanson herself.

One Nation calls for a referendum on Badgery's Creek alternatives, 18th August 1999.

Pauline Hanson's One Nation Party has today re-affirmed its long-standing policy of opposition to Badgery's Creek airport and points to viable lternatives. "The Sydney basin needs more aircraft and road traffic congestion like a hole in the head," said Brian Burston, spokesman for One Nation. "We point to positive proposals that lots of people want. For example, Lithgow wants an airport at Newnes with a very fast train (VFT) to Sydney, while the people of Goulburn and Parkes would not say no to an airport and VFT either. "Why not give people what they want? After all, that's what democracy is meant to be about!" said Brian Burston.

Funnily enough it only took the Government 4 years to catch up to One Nation, Badgery's Creek was finally shelved in September 2003.

As you can see... in most things it is the Coalition or Labor Governments that are doing the catching up to One Nation.

In radio interviews with Alan Jones and Howard Sattler in 2001. Pauline Hanson stated that "we must declare Christmas Island a neutral zone". Well shortly after,
the Government excised from the immigration zone, quite a few islands north of Australia. Leading Pauline Hanson to say that John Howard was “stealing” her policies.

When John Howard said “We will decide who comes to Australia,” whose words was he echoing?

From Pauline Hanson’s maiden speech;”Of course, I will be called racist but, if I can invite whom I want into my home, then I should have the right to have a say in
who comes into my country.” Of course... she was. Was John Howard?

People’s Bank - just another “bad” policy from One Nation?

Anyone remember when the Commonwealth Bank was the “People’s” Bank? The idea was that the Australian people’s money was to be made available at low
interest for appropriate job producing development. This great idea, which also happens to have been One Nation policy from its very beginning. It was an idea, repeatedly attacked by the Howard Government and others, yet now that AXA has announced their joint venture in banking, the critics are suddenly silent.

New Zealand liked the idea enough to start their own "people's" bank.

On page 15 of the One Nation policy Blue Book. A People’s Bank is not a profit making entity, but a responsible use of nationally owned funds to finance
productive development in the interest of the Australian people.

The Australian Government has the capacity to create a “People’s” Bank but the Liberal Coalition and the Labor Party are very reliant on donations from the major banks and of course they wouldn’t want to create much needed competition for their donors: would they?

Curfew or hypocrisy?

Remember the ridicule and the hue and cry when Pauline Hanson mentioned the word CURFEW?

Take a look at this then... Today Tonight, Councillor calls for youth curfew, May 23 2003. "When the sun goes down Australia's favourite holiday playground turns into a violent hotspot. Now one local councillor on Queensland's Gold Coast is calling for a curfew on teenagers in a bid to curb the violence. Cr McDonald wants teenagers banned from being out after 10pm."

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:25pm

pt 2

The 7:30 Report, 30/06/2003. Opinions differ on Northbridge curfew. “The WA Government has introduced a curfew to get young people off the streets of Perth's entertainment district. The curfew came into effect on Saturday night, giving police the power to remove anyone under the age of 16 from the streets of Northbridge, whether they're breaking the law or simply
hanging out with friends.”

The Associated Press September 4, 2003. Brogden calls for u-14 curfew. “A curfew to keep children under 14 off the streets after 10pm should be tried in NSW, Opposition leader John Brogden said today.”

“Mr Brogden used his opening statement to the Summit on Alcohol Abuse in state parliament to repeat a call he made during a trip to rural NSW last month. "I don't think there is anything wrong in saying parents of 11-, 12-, and 14-year-olds should know where their children are. And, if they're out on the streets late at night, they should be taken to a community facility where their parent, parents or guardian should be called to collect them," he said.”

"How can any parent or any organisation justify children under 14 on the streets late at night." So other people can call for curfews. State Labor (W.A.) can actually bring one in and a State Liberal Leader (N.S.W.) can call for it. Just as long as it isn't Pauline Hanson or One Nation. You can smell the hypocrisy.

Liberals Adopt One Nation Family Law Policy.

(In a media release, on the 19/6 2003, by Qld One Nation Federal Senator, Len Harris.) You may ask why you have never heard this before. Could it be that One Nation media Releases go unpublished by the mainstream media?

One Nation Senator Len Harris has congratulated the government for adopting his party’s policy on family law reform, which would give divorced parents joint custody of their children.

Senator Harris introduced legislation to amend the Family Law Act on 20 June last year. His Family Law Amendment (Joint Residency) Bill 2002 would negate the need for parents to fight for the right to equal parenting. “It’s good to see that the government is actively listening to One Nation, the voice of the people,” Senator Harris said from Canberra today. The government’s announcement yesterday on family law reform strongly reflects Senator Harris’ initiative.

HOWARD GOVERNMENT ADOPTS ANOTHER ONE NATION POLICY.

From the Daily Telegraph of June 2, 2003. "ATSIC will virtually cease to exist under changes recommended by a Government ordered review. Most of the power of the 18 member board will be transferred to "local communities".

ATSIC had a budget previously of $1,200,000,000 (1.2 billion dollars). Last month the Government took away from ATSIC control over its budget."

On June 18 the ATSIC Review Panel released a discussion paper on this organisation.

Pauline Hanson's Maiden Speech, Sept 10, 1996. Over 7 years ago... "This is why I am calling for ATSIC to be abolished. It is a failed, hypocritical and discriminatory
organisation that has failed dismally the people it was meant to serve".

From One Nation's Federal site...

The Labor Opposition has said they will save Medicare from the Government. How do they say they will do this? Their current stance is a leaf straight out of One Nation Policy. Our Policy has always been to pursue the best interests of the Australian public as a whole. It makes very clear that funding will be redirected from Private Health Care support. It will be spent in supporting Bulk Billing GPs so that all Australian families can see a Doctor when they need to. One Nation will always preserve the high standards of health care all Australians expect. We will never let it be a case of more money buys better care.

Seems that other Party's do believe in One Nation Policies after all.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:27pm

Australian politics today - is in the hands of some, not-so-honest Australians.

BACKWARDS LOOKING... they said.

How often did you here the plaintive cry that One Nation was "backward" or “backwards” looking? What did that mean? Was it supposed to be a bad thing?

When we recognise those who have gone before us... is that a bad thing?

When we pay homage to those who have sacrificed their very lives for us... is that a bad thing?

When standards of the past (that are higher than those of today) are aimed for... is that a bad thing?

When past mistakes are recognised... is that a bad thing?

History teaches us valuable lessons... those who ignore the past... risk making the same mistakes. (Over and over... again).

Here is a typical example of an attack by those of the political left:

Quote:
"The Hansonite social vision is profoundly backwards-looking, based on a yearning for the “certainties” of a long gone era.” The vision is a crude one, the main planks of which were Economic Protectionism and the White Australia Policy, which excluded Asians and relegated Aborigines to the margins of white society. Australia was to be a “New Britannia” down under and during the post-war boom of the 1950s and ‘60s it seemed that the goal was reached."

Well, I suppose if you're Liberal supporter, that makes you a Howardite. If your a Labor supporter, (and he's still leader that is) a Creanite. The objectifying, name-calling and arrogant contempt of those who fear One Nation, is obvious. (Update - you'd now be a Lathamite.)

But where is the truth?

Is certainty of... say... employment... a bad thing?

Is... less crime... a bad thing?

Is putting Australians and Australian industries first... a bad thing?

Until Federation each State was a British colony.

The "White Australia policy" existed... it was NOT and is NOT... One Nation policy.

If being a largely British based society is what was meant by "New Britannia," then yes, we were. Even though such a term, may be one used only by the anglophobic.

One Nation doesn’t deny what we were or see it as anything to fear. One Nation’s vision is not of Australia being a “New Britannia” but an Australia... populated
by Australians.

The Hanson, or more importantly, the One Nation “social vision” for Australia, is declared in its name... One Nation. With social equality for all Australians.

Quote:
"The past is dead. Unemployment was low. Migrants - most of them from Britain and Ireland or western Europe - “knew their place”. Multiculturalism was unheard of and Aboriginals were out of sight and out of mind."

So, is low unemployment... a bad thing?

Is social harmony... a bad thing?

Who wants any Australian, whether aboriginal or not... kept "out of sight and out of mind"... NOT One Nation.

After all, One Nation came into being to give the politically unrepresented a voice.

Economic rationalists say; Quote:
“Protectionism is a thing of the past. Tariff barriers have to be taken down. Free market, globalisation, deregulation, privatisation, the "level" playing field.”

Economic rationalism has run riot under both Liberal and Labor. Australian manufacturing and other industries have been destroyed. Is that good planning for our future?

One Nation have policies to rebuild Australian manufacturing industries and primary industries.

Value adding to products should be done, by Australians in Australia.

Industries in their infancy benefit from protectionism. This is a well known fact.

Is providing protection for new industries or those yet unable to compete with bigger, older companies backward looking? Or is it building a future for Australia and Australians?

One Nation backed the Union call for “Fair Trade” not “Free Trade.” Did the Unions back One Nation?

One Nation opposed the MAI and opposes GATS. It understands it will undermine Australia’s sovereignty and Australian workers rights. Is this looking backwards?
Or just looking after Australians?

If the major parties had their way the MAI would have been accepted. If they have their way, GATS will be accepted. If that happens then everyone will be looking
back in a few years... wondering how it happened. Will they then say... One Nation was right we should have listened?

The cracks in that policy they call Multiculturalism are widening every day. One Nation opposes it as a divisive social policy. Backwards looking? People at the
multicultural coal-face know it’s not.

One Nation called for an end to increases in immigration numbers. Similarly have the Democrats and the Greens. How sustainable is our current population?

Are we providing the services needed and the infrastructure needed to sustain a higher population?

Do we have enough WATER to sustain a higher population?

What has been done to lessen the effects of drought?

One Nation has looked forward, NOT backward.

When will any government address our infrastructure problems? Will their lack of vision, their backward thinking, condemn us to a bleak, dry, overpopulated future? Where big Multinationals tell our government what to do? Where world bodies such as the UN or the WTO have usurped our sovereignty?

There is only one alternative.

When all other parties have pandered to the Green vote. One Nation has tried to get common sense into the debate. How many more record bushfire seasons do we have to have before people start to listen?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #24 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:28pm

Why is it that One Nation policies are adopted by the other parties? Why is it always after One Nation? Seems it’s the other parties that are often behind when it
comes to policy.

Seems that in every level of politics that solution is not to fix the problem. Short sightedness limits them to the next election. There is no real infrastructure planning. There is only government for the here and now. Yet they say One Nation is "backward looking". What does that make them then? Blind?

They live in the moment. There is no past and no future. You learn from the past and plan for the future.

One Nation...
Backward looking?

Don’t you believe it!

Unfortunately all too late now...

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #25 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:28pm

"Interesting isn’t it, when you get the facts. It would seem the Democrats are an extreme-right-wing party just like One Nation. Or is it just, that’s the myth other not-so-honest parties wanted you to believe?"

Its theOne Nation support base that are right wing extemists, didn't you see all those skin heads when you were at the meetings,boof?

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #26 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:33pm

I support One Nation and even have met Pauline Hanson. I'm not right wing or a skinhead.

Lovely writing Grendel. Did you write it yourself? If not, source it and use quotes. If you did, well done, you seem very passionate about what you believe in.

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #27 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:38pm

easel wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:33pm:
I support One Nation and even have met Pauline Hanson. I'm not right wing or a skinhead.

Lovely writing Grendel. Did you write it yourself? If not, source it and use quotes. If you did, well done, you seem very passionate about what you believe in.

Who did you vote for at the LAST election easel?
What policys drew you to One Nation?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:41pm

What drugs were you on at the time squippy...  no skinheads allowed in the party.  However you cannot stop people from coming to public meetings if they behave themselves we live in a democracy.

I did notice that the only people ever bashed were older members of the party by disgruntled Labor thugs though and I also noticed the staged media events and protests from Uni students and Resistance...

Of course you actually had to be there or know something to actually be right squippy...  back to the gutter with you now.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:42pm

Was a member, know the facts researched it all myself  unlike the gullible bigot that calls itself athiest.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #30 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:44pm

Quote:
easel wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:33pm:

Who did you vote for at the LAST election easel?
What policys drew you to One Nation?

I didn't vote at the last election. I make a point of not being on the electoral roll. If it wasn't compulsory to vote then I definitely would. Also, I don't want to do jury duty. However, a few months ago the AEC tracked me down (God knows how. Tax forms maybe?) and sent me enrollment forms. I used them for lining the budgie cage.

I admire One Nation mainly because they feel passionately about what they believe in and are prepared to cop flak for their beliefs.

Also, they think everyone should have guns, you can't trust the government, they are against multiculturalism, and believe in equal rights for all regardless of colour.

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:50pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:41pm:
What drugs were you on at the time squippy...  no skinheads allowed in the party.  However you cannot stop people from coming to public meetings if they behave themselves we live in a democracy.

I did notice that the only people ever bashed were older members of the party by disgruntled Labor thugs though and I also noticed the staged media events and protests from Uni students and Resistance...

Of course you actually had to be there or know something to actually be right squippy...  back to the gutter with you now.

"No skinheads allowed in the party"
Well that dosn't sound too democratic to me,boof.
All the rest of your post is your usual bullshit rant.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #32 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:54pm

It's plenty democratic to disallow membership to neo-Nazis. The political ideology of the two do not mesh.

Would, I don't know, the Atheist political party (if such a thing exists) allow membership of and endorse the candidacy of say a parish priest?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:55pm

Anyone associated with racist groups etc, etc, was warned and not allowed to become members.  One more time for the non-believing dummy...

Since its inception One Nation has born the brunt of more hypocrisy and dishonesty that any other party in recent times.

RACISTS - the big lie...

Before One Nation was even formed Pauline Hanson was labelled a racist. Cries rang out in Parliament House before she had even finished her maiden speech. The racist LIE was born.

But this political ploy had been used for years by the “left” to silence debate on issues such as immigration and multiculturalism.

A racist is someone who holds the belief that one race is superior to another.

There is NO One Nation policy, so based.

Let’s make that point one more time,
to make it perfectly clear...

There is NO One Nation policy, so based.

The politically correct have lied and corrupted the English language in their attempt to control and stifle debate in Australia.

One Nation - extreme right wing...

Really? A quick look at One Nation policies since it’s inception would quickly put an end to that lie.

But who really knows what One Nation’s policies are? It’s so much easier to just believe what others say.

One Nation has NO answers...

How often have we heard that one? Yet we have governments both federal and state adopting One Nation policies.

How many times have things One Nation warned about come to pass?

Backward looking...

One Nation wants to drag Australia back to the past. Really? At a time when the major parties thought infrastructure development was too difficult and the Democrats didn’t even know what it was. One Nation was asking why not? It was One Nation who wanted to rebuild our manufacturing base here in Australia for our children’s future.

The DEMOCRATS and the anti-Hanson parties...

Just more lies and hypocrisy. When Meg Lees went to the 2001 election on a platform of little more than anti-Hanson sentiment she conveniently forgot that both parties shared many more policy commonalities than differences.

The real reason for targeting One Nation was because they were a political threat to the Democrats, nothing more, nothing less.

The other parties such as Unity, etc. were parties founded on a lie. One Nation was not racist.

Political scare-mongering was used to create more competition and siphon off preferences to the majors.

The BIG Hypocrisy...

In a final bid to kill off One Nation the major parties preferenced each other. This had absolutely nothing to do with any moral imperative. It was pure and simple... a ploy to entrench the status quo.

Both the major parties didn’t care who won government as long as it wasn’t someone other than them.

Troops in Iraq-Majority against
ONE NATION AGAINST.

Sale of Telstra-Majority against
ONE NATION AGAINST.

IR reforms-Majority against
ONE NATION AGAINST.

Sooo they are RW are they? Do any of these stands spell RW to you?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:57pm

hey squippy do labor allow racist nazis to join?

No...  keep eating that 'umble pie doofus.

Oh but they do allow Union thugs in don't they...  no need for bovver boys with those gentlemen around eh?

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #35 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 1:02pm

Bla bla bla bla bla, give up boofy, Australians decided what they thought of One Nation and the dickheads who supported it, if they were SOOOOOOOOOOO good, why dont they have any members in federal parliment.
As for the Democrates, since when were they left wing?
Last time I checked they were founded by a  Liberal minister.

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #36 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 1:04pm

Grendel wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 12:57pm:
hey squippy do labor allow racist nazis to join?

No...  keep eating that 'umble pie doofus.

Oh but they do allow Union thugs in don't they...  no need for bovver boys with those gentlemen around eh?

No, Labor leave the nazis to the Libs.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 1:05pm

Democrats? What Democrats?

Weren't the founded to 'keep the bastards honest'?

Until they became a bunch of socialist alcoholic misfits.

Where are they now?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #38 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 1:11pm

she easel...  don't try logic with squippy...  it confuses him in a deeper state of denial...  (if that's possible).

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #39 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 1:11pm

easel wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 1:05pm:
Democrats? What Democrats?

Weren't the founded to 'keep the bastards honest'?

Until they became a bunch of socialist alcoholic misfits.

Where are they now?

The same place as One Nation.
A better question should be -who cares where they are now?

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #40 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 1:32pm

Amadd wrote on Sep 18th, 2008 at 12:12am:

I hope for revolution it seems to be the only way we'll stop going backwards and overthrow the criminal fatcat ruled country we live in.
I hate this s h i t more than you mate. I'm even contemplating moving to antartica Cheesy

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #41 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 2:54pm

One Nation had some truly retarded policies, like their tax policies for example. Obviously if you have enough policies the major parties will adopt a few eventually and reject the rest. This does not make One Nation leadership material.

What drugs were you on at the time squippy...  no skinheads allowed in the party.

That's odd Grendel. Why would they ban people who shave their heads? If racists flock to your party, how can you effectively ban them and stop them from influencing party policy? It's like a politician saying their party has a policy against corruption, therefor there is no corruption in their party  Roll Eyes

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 3:06pm

freediver wrote on Sep 22nd, 2008 at 2:54pm:
One Nation had some truly retarded policies, like their tax policies for example. Obviously if you have enough policies the major parties will adopt a few eventually and reject the rest. This does not make One Nation leadership material.

What drugs were you on at the time squippy...  no skinheads allowed in the party.

That's odd Grendel. Why would they ban people who shave their heads? If racists flock to your party, how can you effectively ban them and stop them from influencing party policy? It's like a politician saying their party has a policy against corruption, therefor there is no corruption in their party  Roll Eyes

Not to mention her senior advisor went by the nick name KOJAC.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print