Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Sufism, sodomy and Satan (Read 7347 times)
Soren
Gold Member

Sufism, sodomy and Satan
Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:18pm

Sufism, sodomy and Satan
By Spengler

Sigmund Freud thought that everything was about sex, and he was half right. Rarely is love so spiritual that it does not also stir the loins, for human beings are creatures not only of soul but of body. Although it is thought rude to say so nowadays, different kinds of love belong to different kinds of sex. Not even Hell can resist divine love, J W Goethe showed in the funniest vignette in all literature: his devil, Mephistopheles, is disabled by an obsessive lust for the cherubs sent to claim the soul of Faust in the drama’s penultimate scene. Heavenly beauty, that is, reduces the crafty demon to a pathetic old pervert, in a tableau not fit for a family newspaper.[1]

Goethe’s creepily convincing portrait of a pederastic devil in Faust (1832) drew on the poet’s earlier study of Persian love poetry of the High Middle Ages,[2] where “as a rule, the beloved is not a woman, but a young man”, according to the leading Persian historian Ehsan Yar-Shater. Islamic mysticism (Sufism) of the High Middle Ages is the only case in which a mainstream current of a major world religion preached pederasty as a path to spiritual enlightenment. A vast literature documents this, and a great deal of it is available online.

Sufi adoration of pre-pubescent boys “persisted in many Islamic countries until very recent times,” according to the Orientalist Helmut Ritter.[3] The Afghan penchant for dancing boys in female costume, shown in the 2007 film The Kite Runner, is the last vestige of a Sufi practice that has been long suppressed by both the Sunni and Shi’ite branches of Islam. Sufism has a reputation in Western pop culture as a kinder and gentler branch of Islam. It is not a different kind of Islam, but rather Islam’s mystical practice, to which the adage applies, “by their fruits shall ye know them.”

Controversy persists over what is “authentic Sufism”. The Turkish organization of Fethallah Gulen claims millions of members and doubtless is the largest self-styled Sufi organization in the world. The American Sufi convert Stephen Schwartz has dismissed it as a “cult”,[4] while Michael Rubin of the American Enterprise Institute warns that Gulen may become the Turkish Khomeini. Given Turkey’s turn towards political Islam (Turkey in the throes of Islamic revolution?, Jul 22, 2008), the world is likely to find out a great deal more about Sufism in the near future, and well may be dismayed by what it learns.

In contrast to the Judeo-Christian West, where marriage has been a metaphor for God’s love since the Biblical Song of Songs, homosexual pederasty was normative for the Sufi philosopher-poets of Islam’s golden age in Central Asia. For Christians, the earthly adumbration of God’s love was nuptial, but pederastic in Muslim Persia. The classic Persian poets, including Hafez[5] and Rumi,[6] pined for beardless boys while their European contemporaries wrote sonnets to women. Some apologists claim that the Sufi practice of “contemplation of the beardless” was a chaste spiritual exercise, but an Egyptian proverb warns: “In his father's home a boy's chastity is safe, but let him become a dervish [Sufi adept] and the buggers will queue up behind him.”[7]

Sufi pedophilia cannot be dismissed as a remnant of the old tribal practices that Islam often incorporated, for example, female genital mutilation. Genital mutilation is a pre-Islamic practice unknown in the ancient and modern West. Even though some Muslim authorities defend it on the basis of Hadith, no one has ever claimed that it offered a path to enlightenment. Sadly, pedophiles are found almost everywhere. In its ascendancy, Sufism made a definitive spiritual experience out of a practice considered criminally aberrant in the West. But pederasty as a spiritual exercise is not essentially different in character from the furtive practices of Western perverts. As the psychiatrists explain, pederasty is an expression of narcissism, the love of an idealized youthful self-image.

Sufism seeks one-ness with the universe through spiritual exercises that lead individual consciousness to dissolve into the cosmos. But nothing is more narcissistic than the contemplation of the cosmos, for if we become one with the cosmos, what we love in the cosmos is simply an idealized image of ourselves. An idealized self-image is also what attracts the aging lecher to the adolescent boy. That is the secret of Sufi as well as other pederasty, for pederasty is an extreme expression of self-love. That is the conventional psychiatric view; Freud for example wrote of the “basic narcissism of the vast majority of pederasts … proceeding as from narcissism, they seek their own image in young people.”

Read the rest here:
http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Middle_East/JH12Ak03.html

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Sufism, sodomy and Satan
Reply #1 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:32pm

Us Muslims can't win can we?

Either we're homophobes who demand the death penalty, or we're sodomists who chase after beardless boys...

The only place where sodomist Muslims existed, was in the fanciful writings of European orientalists. This is a sick perversion your culture tried, unsuccessfully to project onto Islam. Medieval European societies may have been gullible enough to believe it, but I didn't think anyone in this day and age would be... but as soren has shown, I'm wrong.

Quote:
while their European contemporaries wrote sonnets to women

This statement is quite telling. The author's obviously trying hard to assert the heterosexual credentials of Europeans, in order to make his dismal case for Islamic sodomy sound a little bit more convincing.

You've done little but damage your own credibility by posting such nonsense. Good try though, it's perhaps a little more 'creative' than some of your other attempts to attack Islam.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 10:37pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:32pm:
Us Muslims can't win can we?

Looks like it. Well, not since 1683, anyway, you can't. (Another story.)

Quote:
but as soren has shown, I'm wrong.

It is so pitifully easy sometimes and I am merely one of a cast of dozens here, my dear zealot of a convert.

Pederasty in the Middle East and Central Asia -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty_in_the_Islamic_world

And that's just Wiki - comes with lots of refernces, though, that you may wish to check.

Quote:
You've done little but damage your own credibility by posting such nonsense. Good try though, it's perhaps a little more 'creative' than some of your other attempts to attack Islam.

The article obviously touched ona a well-know raw nerve.

This is not an attack on Islam. It is a view of Islam, Sufi poetry in particular.The choice is not zealotry or attack.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #3 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 10:55am

Soren wrote on Sep 17th, 2008 at 9:18pm:
Rarely is love so spiritual that it does not also stir the loins, for human beings are creatures not only of soul but of body.

I've been in love like that TWICE. Where you just fall over yourself near the person, can hardly stand up and just want affection rather than sexual contact.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 10:28pm

Everything in the Gardens will be for the enjoyment of their residents. In them, their male residents will have companions who will provide them with immense pleasure without feeling shame or dislike of their clients. Bashful with dark eyes and virgins, as chaste as the sheltered eggs of ostriches (the Quran; 37:48 & 49), and as young as the men themselves (the Quran; 38:52), the companions (Hurs) will provide them constant company and sex.

Those men who will not have interest in sex with the female Hurs, Allah has made arrangement for them as well: they shall be attended by boys graced with eternal youth, who to the beholder’s eyes will seem like sprinkled pearls. When their clients will gaze upon that scene (what scene it will be is not known), they will behold a kingdom blissful and glorious (The Quran; 76:19-20, as translated by N. J. Dawood). Those boys will be wearing fine silk and heavy brocade, and they will be adorned with bracelets of silver. Allah will make them drunk (cf. the Quran; 76:21), so that they can serve their clients to their entire satisfaction.

Q: So what happens to the wives of Muslim men who get to heaven?

A: They will chase their husbands to satisfy their sexual needs, as Allah has created no beings, such as male Hurs, to attend to them. But their husbands will not oblige them, for they will remain busy with the beautiful and virgin Hurs all the time. Under such a situation, the good Muslim women will have to depend on each other to meet their sexual needs.

Q:  There is a lot of sexual action going here. So in Islam, sexual desire obviously remains in humans when their souls get to heaven. Let me get all this straight: Muslim males will be having sex with either Hurs or little boys and since they will be busy doing this, their wives will be having sex with each other?

A: Orgies will always take place in the Gardens. With their male residents’ desire for sex always remaining present in them due to the presence in their midst of, perhaps, naked Hurs, they will have nothing to do, but to have sex with them with no barriers to shield their activity from the next copulating man and Hur. Fathers will be having sex with the Hurs before the eyes of their sons and daughters, and sons will be having sex before their fathers and mothers, if they entered the Gardens. The allurement of booty in their earthly life and the prospect of being able to engage in orgies in their next life brought many Pagans to Islam, thus making Allah successful in His mission against their religion.

Muslims believe in every word of the Quran, as it is from Allah. Many of them wish to die as martyrs so that they can drink and have sex with the Hurs. Not to make them wait, until the Day of Judgment, to enjoy the bliss He has promised to Muslims, Allah transports the martyrs to the Garden as soon as they lay down their lives in His cause.

Other than Muslims, no one else can believe that orgies will take place in the Gardens and that humans will live in them like beasts.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #5 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 10:42pm

You brought a reference to a supposed translation of the Qur'an, by a Jew no less, and didn't even quote a  single passage from his translation even. Nevermind that he's been found to clearly mistranslate many verses, and even reordered the chapters of the entire Qur'an to suit himself.

Can you show me any verse of the Qur'an that says the inhabitants of paradise will have sex? Since this concept features so prominently in your post, I'd assume you'd have a lot of actual passages that substantiate it right?

Btw, try using a Muslim translator of the Qur'an, and try actually posting the verses, rather than just a 'colourful' description of what they supposedly are meant to say.

I know that you fantasise about being with young boys (since you mention it so often) but please refrain from superimposing your decrepid fantasies onto our beliefs.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 10:44pm

typical derogatory remark from a muslim moderator

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 26th, 2008 at 11:02pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 26th, 2008 at 10:44pm:
typical derogatory remark from a muslim moderator

lol...how exactly was that derogatry? Your losing the plot mate.

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #8 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 11:01am

Does anyone mind if I change tangent here and ask....

Is it the case that Muslim men are highly sexual or encouraged to be highly sexual?

I do not ask about homosexual pratices, but rather a hetrosexual sexuality.

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #9 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:28pm

Sappho,

Quote:
Is it the case that Muslim men are highly sexual or encouraged to be highly sexual?

Muslim men probably have the exact same hormones as all other men (I can't guarantee that, but it sounds logical) and therefore are probably about as 'highly sexual' as other men. Remember that Islam is a belief system, it is not an ethnicity, Muslims cover all ethnic groups, if you're operating on the premise that heightened states of sexuality might differ between different ethnic groups.

Muslims are discouraged from being 'highly sexual' and are encouraged constantly to 'lower their gaze' and to maintain modesty in their dealings with the fairer sex.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:49pm

Lust is encouraged when they are married though isn't it?

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Sappho
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:52pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:28pm:
Sappho,

Quote:

Muslim men probably have the exact same hormones as all other men (I can't guarantee that, but it sounds logical) and therefore are probably about as 'highly sexual' as other men. Remember that Islam is a belief system, it is not an ethnicity, Muslims cover all ethnic groups, if you're operating on the premise that heightened states of sexuality might differ between different ethnic groups.

Yes that was a poorly formed question. I guess I really wanted to know if they perceived themselves as highly sexual given poligomy and the promised, hetrosexual, delights awaiting in heaven.

Quote:
Muslims are discouraged from being 'highly sexual' and are encouraged constantly to 'lower their gaze' and to maintain modesty in their dealings with the fairer sex.

Certainly, I understand the need for modest relations, or as I prefer, respectful relations, between the genders and am a supporter of same, but why is their a need to 'lower their gaze'?

"Love is a cunning weaver of fantasies and fables."

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #12 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 4:20pm

easel,

Quote:
Lust is encouraged when they are married though isn't it?

Married Muslims are encouraged to enjoy themselves with their spouses, as we are encouraged to fulfill all of our needs within the halal (permissible) bounds, rather than through the harom (forbidden).

Sex in Islam is considered an act of worship, as it is fulfilling the sexual desires within the permissible boundaries, rather than outside of them.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #13 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 4:29pm

Quote:
Yes that was a poorly formed question. I guess I really wanted to know if they perceived themselves as highly sexual given poligomy and the promised, hetrosexual, delights awaiting in heaven.

Firstly polygamy is not all that practised amongst Muslims. It is a provision that's permitted, but is not something that a lot of Muslims do.

The pleasures of paradise are not really referred to in terms of sexual delights.

The sex-crazy view of Muslim men comes from hollywood harems and orientalist attempts to paint Islamic society as debaucherous, in a time when European society was not so debaurcherous, and so it would be abhorred by the ignorant commoners. Quite ironic that now the Western culture has become quite open to debauchery, Muslim society is considered quite closed and repressive. Both views are erroneous if you ask me.

Quote:
Certainly, I understand the need for modest relations, or as I prefer, respectful relations, between the genders and am a supporter of same

I am quite pleased to hear that, there are few Westerners today who see the value in it. Since you've described yourself as a hedonist, I am curious how this is the case, since hedonism is usually associated with submission to desires and especially those of a sexual nature.

Also your choice of name would tend to indicate you'd be of those who would prefer direct equality between the sexes, making modest relations redundant.

Quote:
but why is their a need to 'lower their gaze'?

You can't see the benefit in a "No ogling policy"? Looks often lead to desires, so Islam encourages people to not look beyond what is necessary for the interaction that's involved. No need to inspect a checkout chick's cleavage in order to buy a loaf of bread from the supermarket, is there?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 5:20pm

Allah made laws that suited His mission and whims. He prescribed death sentence for the lesbians (the Quran; 4:15), but requires the enforcers of His laws to set the homosexuals free, if they repent their sin, perhaps, with a pat on their wrists (the Quran; 16). This privilege is not available to the lesbians. Why?

According to Prophet Muhammad, women are an affliction and there is nothing more harmful for men than women (see Hadith in volume 7, Book 62, Number 33). He made this observation after being inspired by Allah, for he never said or did anything during his prophetic career without His consent, or permission.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print