Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Who thinks she has finished her marriage ?? (Read 2992 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Who thinks she has finished her marriage ??
Sep 16th, 2008 at 1:28pm

I'ld vote her off the team.

"A JUDGE has freed an American who travelled to Australia to have sex with a 15-year-old boy.

Judge Tim Wood told Barbara Case, 36 from Virginia, to head home to her family.

At the Bendigo County Court this morning, Judge Wood convicted her of two counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16, after she flew to Australia and spent ten days in a caravan park cabin having sex with a 15-year-old Bendigo boy.

After serving nearly three months in prison, Case this morning left Bendigo County Court through the front door.

She walked with her lawyer down Bendigo's main street and told the Herald Sun Online she looked forward to seeing her family.

Case said she wasn't sure when she would return home to the United States, but her lawyer Megan Aumair said she was just happy to put the whole thing behind her.

Case has a return ticket to the United States which is valid until May.

Judge Wood sentenced Case to 16 months jail, suspended for two years. She has served 112 days in protective custody after being arrested by Bendigo Police in May this year.

"Any further incarceration would impact on you much more severley than an offender living in Australia because your family are in the United States," Judge Wood said.

"(There is) no useful purpose served by delaying your return."

Judge Wood placed Case on the sex offenders register for life and ordered she provide a DNA sample for Victoria's criminal database.

Case sobbed loudly as she heard she was free to return home to her husband and three children and shook as she signed the sex offenders register.

"You are now categorised in this state as a serious sexual offender, if you commit an offence here or elsewhere ... you will be brought back to this court," Judge Wood said. "

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24354378-952,00.html

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Re: Who thinks she has finished her marriage ??
Reply #1 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 2:15pm

I would have thought so but it is all very strange. Why was she out here without her family and for so long a period as well.

Maybe the old man accepted it.

Sprint, it looks like we will just have to wait for Jerry Springer or the reality show.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 3:08pm

Come on Jerry  !!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #3 - Sep 16th, 2008 at 8:54pm

Quote:
Judge Wood convicted her of two counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16

Sounds like they got their terminology a little mixed up there.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

tallowood
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 7:36am

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 16th, 2008 at 8:54pm:
Quote:
Judge Wood convicted her of two counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16

Sounds like they got their terminology a little mixed up there.

May be she twice performed wicked digital technique?  Shocked

Reality is a figment of imagination

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 12:48pm

tallowood - hahhahaha, very legally precise of you there.
Esp the "twice" phrase    Wink

IP Logged

athiest
Ex Member

Reply #6 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 1:36pm

Sprintcyclist wrote on Sep 16th, 2008 at 1:28pm:
I'ld vote her off the team.

"A JUDGE has freed an American who travelled to Australia to have sex with a 15-year-old boy.

Judge Tim Wood told Barbara Case, 36 from Virginia, to head home to her family.

At the Bendigo County Court this morning, Judge Wood convicted her of two counts of sexual penetration of a child under 16, after she flew to Australia and spent ten days in a caravan park cabin having sex with a 15-year-old Bendigo boy.

After serving nearly three months in prison, Case this morning left Bendigo County Court through the front door.

She walked with her lawyer down Bendigo's main street and told the Herald Sun Online she looked forward to seeing her family.

Case said she wasn't sure when she would return home to the United States, but her lawyer Megan Aumair said she was just happy to put the whole thing behind her.

Case has a return ticket to the United States which is valid until May.

Judge Wood sentenced Case to 16 months jail, suspended for two years. She has served 112 days in protective custody after being arrested by Bendigo Police in May this year.

"Any further incarceration would impact on you much more severley than an offender living in Australia because your family are in the United States," Judge Wood said.

"(There is) no useful purpose served by delaying your return."

Judge Wood placed Case on the sex offenders register for life and ordered she provide a DNA sample for Victoria's criminal database.

Case sobbed loudly as she heard she was free to return home to her husband and three children and shook as she signed the sex offenders register.

"You are now categorised in this state as a serious sexual offender, if you commit an offence here or elsewhere ... you will be brought back to this court," Judge Wood said. "

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,24354378-952,00.html

Does anyone else think that if a  36 year old male got caught out with a 15 year old girl he might be treated differently?

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #7 - Sep 17th, 2008 at 3:27pm

Oh very different outcome indeed. And certainly would not be allowed to continue their holiday here.

I assume it has something to do with an underaged male being viewed as less of a victim as an underaged female. Males being actively and enthusiastically seeking sex at an earlier age than females.

Having said that, I think it would probably been viewed more seriously if it had been a 35 y.o. male and a 15 y.o. male.

« Last Edit: Sep 17th, 2008 at 3:36pm by locutius »  

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Sep 18th, 2008 at 11:53pm

what the hell

why is she having the book thrown at her

if anything the fifteen year old should be in prison right now for going so low as to actually tap that

that's absolutely disgusting he must have been so desperate

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #9 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 7:32am

Quote:
that's absolutely disgusting he must have been so desperate

Aren't most 15 year old boys pretty desperate?  If he was seduced I'd hardly imagine he would have thought much about her appearance.  She should have known better though and controlled herself.

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #10 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 7:51am

this isn't news at all sorry who cares but one thing is for sure that kid really sucks

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 5:31pm

Most 15yo boys are desperate - for sex with 15yo girls. I expect most would knock her back, unless they were really drunk or something.

I don't really get the judge's reasoning. Since when is being incarcerated in a distant place an excuse for being let out of jail? It sounds like a BS excuse for saving taxpayer funds or for giving her a lighter sentence because females are not viewed as predatory.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 5:54pm

BULLSHIT!

When I was 15 ANYTHING was fair game, fat, thin, pretty, ugly, lazy eyed, hair lip, dinner plate nipples, etc etc.

At 15, every holes a goal.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #13 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 8:09pm

I wonder whether "she" propositioned the Copper. Grin  I've heard of young females getting out of a ticket that way.  Men are sooooooo easy, their brains aren't in their "big" head.  Shocked

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #14 - Sep 22nd, 2008 at 8:26pm

Women are much the same!

All you have to do is smile, brief eye contact, look shy, then look away, and 99% of the time they come over and chat you up. Whilst men are physical, women are emotional, and much, much easier.

You have to be semi good looking to get a bloke who isn't a total ugger if you're a woman. For a guy you just have to come across as a particular personality, which you can totally figure out just by looking at the body language of the woman in question.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #15 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 8:48am

Women need a reason, Men just need a place.

I think easel is closer to the truth many years ago, but I think there are more 15y.o. giving it away now than when I was at school.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 7:11pm

It's strange that you say that easel. I always thought my standards were lower than most. I can remember at least two different occasions where I recieved strong disapproval from friends and aquaintenances for winning onto an 'ugly' girl. One occasion I actually found a bit disturbing because the girl was aware of the criticism. I felt the same social pressure from different groups of people, city vs country, high school vs university. I was under the impression that both sexes tended to seek out good looking partners and ignore the rest, at least until they finished their education.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #17 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 8:12pm

Peer group pressure is a bad thing especially at that age.

At that age they are all like, "She's ugly you're an idiot." yet the closest they have been to a woman is a kiss goodnight from mum!

Most people do go looking for attractive partners. But, in the summer time, when the weather is fine..... Wink

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #18 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 8:31am

What's the difference between a dog and a fox? Six stubbies.

Beer - been helping ugly people have sex since 1862.

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #19 - Sep 24th, 2008 at 5:38pm

Some funny lines there  Grin

Quote:
At 15, every holes a goal.

I must agree.

Also, it's pretty hard for a woman to rape a guy. There's always some telltale signs of consentment or non-consentment.

Most blokes would probably agree that even though his conquest wasn't so attractive, he'll still receive semi-legend status with his peers.

What I find most disturbing about these types of cases is the lack of acknowledgment the system has for the differences between men and women.
Are we all just clone worker ants for the system?

IP Logged

RecFisher

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Oct 2nd, 2008 at 10:21pm

Maybe the kid is a butt-ugly fatty too.  They would be perfect for each other.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print