Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
Send Topic Print
Australian culture - Multi not required (Read 42740 times)
Jasin
Gold Member

Re: Australian culture - Multi not required
Reply #195 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:29pm

Well considering the British & Aboriginal input is based entirely on THE PAST.
I can't see them really having any impact on the Future - which is demanded by 'the whole Fkkn World' and not two factions.

Mt Druitt (70's/80's). In a place full of 'many different' people. It was the gangs that were 'multi-racial' that succeeded. Multi-Culturalism is a total FAIL there - because there is only ONE CULTURE  and that is MT DRUITT culture.
Didn't matter where your 'came from', it was 'where you were going to' that made the difference. The 'one-race' gangs never succeeded, you just were not 'mixed or mongrel' enough to survive.
So for all the SBS Forums and ABC Specials pumping out Multi-Culturalism ...it will never succeed in the face of everyone searching for that unique 'culture' that represents 'everyone' at the one time.
That culture is yet to be made 'official' and anything pumping itself out as 'Aussie As' is just another 'past' event of 'Colonialism' (Yankees/Media/etc) along with Aboriginal and British.

The
World
maketh Australia, just like it did with America and is also 'remaking' Europe, Africa, Asia, etc, etc.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #196 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 11:10pm

Grendel wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:14pm:
Auggie wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 8:07pm:
Grendel wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 7:56pm:
Auggie wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
I see Australian culture in primarily three features:

1) our British history;

2) our egalitarian strain;

3) our indigenous culture;
--
Ultimately, it derives from Britain. Our institutions are primarily British, although culturally we have adopted American pop-culture to a certain extent.

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
I suggest you read the topic from the very beginning, you may be very pleasantly surprised.

About what specifically?

Really?

You cant be bothered to click on 1 and see for yourself?

If you are that lazy why bother to post here at all?

You'll never learn about people and subjects if you refuse to read stuff.  All you will do is stagnate and never evolve.
I can't believe you don't even want to be pleasantly surprised. Huh

I am more highly evolved than you, G, I can guarantee you that.

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #197 - Jun 20th, 2017 at 11:55pm

Auggie wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 11:10pm:

1) our British history;

--
Ultimately, it derives from Britain. Our institutions are primarily British, although culturally we have adopted American pop-culture to a certain extent.

I suggest you read the topic from the very beginning, you may be very pleasantly surprised.

About what specifically?

Really?

You'll never learn about people and subjects if you refuse to read stuff.  All you will do is stagnate and never evolve.

That wouldn't be difficult, Augie.  Not hard at all.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #198 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:09am

1) our British history;

--

About what specifically?

Really?

Well that's a bit insulting.
If you think so I suggest you do what I asked and read the topic from the beginning...  and you may be pleasantly surprised...  and have to reassess your thoughts on evolution. 
Come on I don't post here just to waste my time on people you know.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #199 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:10am

Brian Ross wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 11:55pm:

1) our British history;

--

About what specifically?

Really?

That wouldn't be difficult, Augie.  Not hard at all.    Roll Eyes

more ad home lies and trolling eh bwian...  how unusual for you  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
You have no credibility Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #200 - Jun 21st, 2017 at 10:26am

Jasin wrote on Jun 20th, 2017 at 9:29pm:
Well considering the British & Aboriginal input is based entirely on THE PAST. 
Untrue... Aboriginal and Brits still exist and since they do their cultures are still evolving.

I can't see them really having any impact on the Future - which is demanded by 'the whole Fkkn World' and not two factions.
Please explain?

Mt Druitt (70's/80's). In a place full of 'many different' people. It was the gangs that were 'multi-racial' that succeeded. Multi-Culturalism is a total FAIL there - because there is only ONE CULTURE  and that is MT DRUITT culture.
MT Druitt is not a Nationality, it is more or less and enclave of the poor.  Poorly educated and financially poor.  Single parent families.  Children having babies to multiple fathers.  the list goes on and on.  Multiculti is a fail everywhere.

Didn't matter where your 'came from', it was 'where you were going to' that made the difference. The 'one-race' gangs never succeeded, you just were not 'mixed or mongrel' enough to survive.
MT Druitt never had the gang problems of the ME and Vietnamese enclaves in Auburn/Lakemba and Cabramatta, which was the hot spot for Australian drugs in the recent past.  There are no MT DRUITT GANG Crime Squads, never has been.  The only real gang problems they ever had was Pacific Islander Gangs, which were small and fragmented.

So for all the SBS Forums and ABC Specials pumping out Multi-Culturalism ...it will never succeed in the face of everyone searching for that unique 'culture' that represents 'everyone' at the one time.
But SBS and the ABC seek to present a biased vision of multiculti, there is no truth there.  But Australia does have a unique National Culture, but enclaves that we have under Multiculti do not represent that culture.

That culture is yet to be made 'official' and anything pumping itself out as 'Aussie As' is just another 'past' event of 'Colonialism' (Yankees/Media/etc) along with Aboriginal and British.
I did post links for you...  I did suggest you read from the start of the topic.  I don't understand the problem people who pretend an interest have in doing some actual research.

The
World
maketh Australia, just like it did with America and is also 'remaking' Europe, Africa, Asia, etc, etc. 
Isolation maketh Australia more than globalisation the same with every other country that has a distinct National culture...  Chinese are not Japanese, nor are they Russian.  Canadians are not Americans nor are Americans Mexicans.  We are not new Zealanders, nor are we New Guinean or Indonesian.  BTW we are certainly not American, nor are we British anymore even though our Western Culture originally started out as British.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #201 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 10:44pm

There are only two 'official' cultural 'pasts' that are recognised here in Australia: Aboriginal & British.
Both are also recognised by the International community and many countries take pleasure in ruffling Australians by asking or pointing out (due to the Union Jack on the Flag) "Are you British?", etc.
Of course, there is the Colonialism 'past' that has tried to deliver itself as something more than being British.
It is especially liked to the Eureka Stockade and 'its' Flag.
I call this the 'American' or 'Yankee' input, especially when the Eureka moment was via North Americans as instigators and the 'Unionism' views.
So if Australia does eventually find its own 'unique' culture for the FUTURE, then of course - the British & Aboriginal versions will fall into the past and the 'Yankee Unionism' and all it's 'Aussie As' efforts will fall away to in something like a Civil War (Federation of Australia V Yankee Unions like the 'sequel' of the Union V Confederate Civil War).

So NO. There is no 'real' Australian 'culture' that represents or can take us into the Future. We are indeed a 'Multi-Cultural' Nation of everyone 'but Australian'.

There are those though, that are from the above mentioned groups who do try to leave the 'past' behind and strive towards an 'identity' that can be shared with others in the 'present moment', but that is still a little way in the future.
Alas, much blood must be paid to achieve that.

You wonder why 'Native' and 'African' Americans feel like 2nd class Citizens in the USA?
Well, when you disengage yourself from being 'American American' - you really do come off 2nd best like an 'enemy' or threat. It's all or nothing.

So you want to go from Multi to Australian?
There is always a price to be paid.

Off the subject. I sometimes dig at Yanks in regards to who would win a war between them and us.
They say "We are a far more powerful nation than you."
I say "But we have the whole world on our side - you are 'alone'."  Wink

Enjoy.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #202 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 10:48pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 10:44pm:
There are only two 'official' cultural 'pasts' that are recognised here in Australia: Aboriginal & British.
Both are also recognised by the International community and many countries take pleasure in ruffling Australians by asking or pointing out (due to the Union Jack on the Flag) "Are you British?", etc.
Of course, there is the Colonialism 'past' that has tried to deliver itself as something more than being British.
I call this the 'American' or 'Yankee' input, especially when the Eureka moment was via North Americans as instigators and the 'Unionism' views.
So if Australia does eventually find its own 'unique' culture for the FUTURE, then of course - the British & Aboriginal versions will fall into the past and the 'Yankee Unionism' and all it's 'Aussie As' efforts will fall away to in something like a Civil War (Federation of Australia V Yankee Unions like the 'sequel' of the Union V Confederate Civil War).

So NO. There is no 'real' Australian 'culture' that represents or can take us into the Future. We are indeed a 'Multi-Cultural' Nation of everyone 'but Australian'.

There are those though, that are from the above mentioned groups who do try to leave the 'past' behind and strive towards an 'identity' that can be shared with others in the 'present moment', but that is still a little way in the future.

You wonder why 'Native' and 'African' Americans feel like 2nd class Citizens in the USA?
Well, when you disengage yourself from being 'American American' - you really do come off 2nd best like an 'enemy' or threat. It's all or nothing.

Off the subject. I sometimes dig at Yanks in regards to who would win a war between them and us.

Enjoy.

We are indeed a 'Multi-Cultural' Nation of everyone 'but Australian'.

what do you mean by that Jasin?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #203 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 10:54pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 10:44pm:

Enjoy.

I suggest if you think the highlighted part is correct you start reading the topic from page 1.

As for the past....  Aboriginal, British and Australian cultures are not things of the past.
The rest of your post is nonsense and I have already proved it...  read the whole topic. Wink

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #204 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 10:56pm

Nope.
Don't need to.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #205 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:00pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 10:56pm:
Nope.
Don't need to.
You don't make sense. Is Australia a multicultural nation or not?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #206 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:08pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:00pm:
Nope.
Don't need to.

Yes - it is.
Does it want to be?
Should it be?
Will it continue to be?

...why does everyone think there is only 'one' right answer as if the world only belongs to either 'Black or White' views?
There are more than one 'State' in this country and their view and future is different to the others.

Yes - we are 'Multi-Cultural'...
...by default under British, Aboriginal

...and MEDIA  Wink
(da da da dum  Tongue )

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #207 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:13pm

Jasin wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:08pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:00pm:
Nope.
Don't need to.

Yes - it is.
Does it want to be?
Should it be?
Will it continue to be?

...why does everyone think there is only 'one' right answer as if the world only belongs to either 'Black or White' views?
There are more than one 'State' in this country and their view and future is different to the others.

Yes - we are 'Multi-Cultural'...
...by default under British, Aboriginal

...and MEDIA  Wink
(da da da dum  Tongue )
It's multicultural in small areas. Sydney is. Parts of Melbourne is as are small parts of the other cities. Australia is mostly culturally British and aboriginal in isolated aboriginal areas. I believe it will remain culturally British while the majority of Australians are of British ancestry. 

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #208 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:16pm

Nope.
Don't need to.

ah, yes you do.
Unless you just want to insult people by not knowing what they think and remain ignorant of a great many facts.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #209 - Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:17pm

Grendel wrote on Jun 23rd, 2017 at 11:16pm:
Nope.
Don't need to.

ah, yes you do.
Unless you just want to insult people by not knowing what they think and remain ignorant of a great many facts.

What's in it for me?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17
Send Topic Print