Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Send Topic Print
Australian culture - Multi not required (Read 42386 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Australian culture - Multi not required
Reply #90 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 11:11pm

Quote:
to come here and set up a separate camp from which they then snipe and sneeer and provoke at every opportunity, agitating for changing the place into a hellhole similar to the one they have fled.

The Muslim lands are hellholes as a direct result of over a century of Western colonialism and subsequent invasions by Western nations. That's what the people are fleeing, not any conditions that've been created due to their Islamic beliefs. As usual your anti-Islamic rhetoric precludes your post from containing anything remotely factual.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #91 - Sep 10th, 2008 at 11:56pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 10th, 2008 at 11:11pm:
Quote:
to come here and set up a separate camp from which they then snipe and sneeer and provoke at every opportunity, agitating for changing the place into a hellhole similar to the one they have fled.

The Muslim lands are hellholes as a direct result of over a century of Western colonialism and subsequent invasions by Western nations. That's what the people are fleeing, not any conditions that've been created due to their Islamic beliefs. As usual your anti-Islamic rhetoric precludes your post from containing anything remotely factual.

and your off topic again!!!!!   

This forum needs an active moderator to remove  off topic stuff.

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #92 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 1:10am

Quote:

This observation would be more appropriately directed to the person I was answering, since they were the instigator of the straying from topic, I merely responded.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #93 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 6:08am

Don't fall for beo's bull, oceanz, the thread goes where the replies take it.
Unless it is spam or totally irrelevant junk, then let the conversation flow, people are always free to jump in and direct responses back in the initial direction of the thread if they wish, but trying to confine a topic is not for moderators.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #94 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 10:28am

mozzaok wrote on Sep 11th, 2008 at 6:08am:
Don't fall for beo's bull, oceanz, the thread goes where the replies take it.
Unless it is spam or totally irrelevant junk, then let the conversation flow, people are always free to jump in and direct responses back in the initial direction of the thread if they wish, but trying to confine a topic is not for moderators.

One would think mozz..that if pple go into a thread they must have an interest in the topic...I  like this topic..

Flamers ruin a topic for those who are interested in it.

How is that fair...? They can both go have their dummyspit somewhere else.

I like to read Grendels stuff. He has a worthwhile POV.

I know topics stray off a bit sometimes..but outright flaming is another thing.

Maybe Grendel might like to mod this board?

« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2008 at 10:38am by oceanz »  

&&Jade Rawlings on Cousins " He makes our team walk taller..a very good team man , Ben Cousins"

IP Logged

oceanz
Gold Member

Auzgurl..

Reply #95 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 10:39am

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 11th, 2008 at 1:10am:
Quote:

This observation would be more appropriately directed to the person I was answering, since they were the instigator of the straying from topic, I merely responded.

Well dont..he cant fight with himself..

give me fu cking strength ..

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #96 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 1:41pm

Soren, I think you covered the Australian anglo saxon sentiment pretty well. Good one.

I think absorbing the best characteristics of other cultures is a good thing. Nor should the still (marginally) dominant anglo saxon influenced culture need to justify preserving cultural traits that have evolved, been fought for and are comfortable with.

We should also take charge and stem the inflow of people that don't want to be a part of this culture. That does not mean restricting any culture per sa, but restricting on each individuals desire, will and ability to fall into harmony with the current culture, adding their own blend of peaceful and NON-exclusive customs.

I think anyone wanting to come here should be able to speak English with a capacity at least what would be expected of a 10-12yo and that level would need to be improved upon with night school or similar. They should also have an understanding of our history and our legal and political systems.

I don't have a solution to the congregation of ethnic groups that do take over certain areas or suburbs, and lets be honest that the displaced groups resentment can be understandable. Especially for those that are left behind and no longer feel at home. I hesitate to suggest that new immigrants be PLACED for the first 5 years but that may be a solution.

I agree completely with the dismantlement of ALL religious schools, but I feel that way about private schools as well. At the least these schools should be FULLY funded by the church (which should lose it's tax free status) and parents . No tax payers money should be allocated whatsoever to any private school. Prefer to see them abolished. Go to church o the weekend. I don't think this subject was completely off topic either.

« Last Edit: Sep 11th, 2008 at 1:47pm by locutius »  

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #97 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 9:05pm

Quote:
We should also take charge and stem the inflow of people that don't want to be a part of this culture.

Perhaps we could just add a clause to the form when you immigrate here that says something along the lines of "I hereby solemnly swear not to introduce any cultural practise or trait that could possibly supplant the marginally dominant anglo-saxon Australian culture, of which I wish to be a part, but agree not to saturate with my own culture". Perhaps we can even introduce a law to force kebab stands to stock meat pies also? and make tomato sauce an option, not just garlic sauce or hommous. How about an ordinance to enforce the inclusion of beetroot in any tabouli or other 'ethnic salads'?

Also I don't get it. Do they not want to be a part of our culture, or are they being too much a part of our culture? If they seclude themselves, they're being segregationist, if they participate and are visible they're 'altering the cultural landscape'.

Australia's past might be predominantly anglo-saxon, but it's future certainly is not. My advice, deal with it, or move abroad. But now that South Africa has been given back to the blacks and none of the Rhodesias exist anymore... I think you'll find it hard to find any more 'white clubs' to suit your tastes.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #98 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 9:37pm

You can't wish to be a part of something if you wish to change it into something its not. 

You got some form of islamic illogic going on there Aboo.

So what is Australia's future in your opinion...?  Islamic as your avatar proclaims?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #99 - Sep 11th, 2008 at 11:43pm

[quote]

The hellholes are what they are because colonialism ended too soon for them.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #100 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 12:48am

Quote:

Pretty much every country from the Sykes-Picot agreement had a colonialist-imposed government after the 'official end' of colonialism. In fact most of them had minorities placed into power too... wonder why? Because they had the best interests of the country at heart... right?

Lebanon had the Maronites placed into power, Syria had the Alawites placed into power, Iraq had the Sunni placed into power, Palestine had the Jews placed into power... Every single one of them was the overwhelming minority in the country. yet this kind of post-colonial meddling had nothing to do with the countries being massive failures right? Britain and France had nothing but the best intentions in mind for them when they decided to turn the countries upside down like that... right? They weren't to know that every single one of those situations would undoubtedly lead to resentment, unrest and eventually civil war or brutal oppression.. right?

You're not really proving yourself to be much of an astute political analyst soren.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #101 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 1:43am

Quote:

yes the colonial occupation of saudi arabia, oman, uae, qatar and iran not to mention yemen are the reasons why these nations rich with oil are so screwed up.

oh wait they were not colonized.

how embarrassing for you Embarrassed

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #102 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 1:48am

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 12th, 2008 at 12:48am:
Quote:

Pretty much every country from the Sykes-Picot agreement had a colonialist-imposed government after the 'official end' of colonialism. In fact most of them had minorities placed into power too... wonder why? Because they had the best interests of the country at heart... right?

Lebanon had the Maronites placed into power, Syria had the Alawites placed into power, Iraq had the Sunni placed into power, Palestine had the Jews placed into power... Every single one of them was the overwhelming minority in the country. yet this kind of post-colonial meddling had nothing to do with the countries being massive failures right? Britain and France had nothing but the best intentions in mind for them when they decided to turn the countries upside down like that... right? They weren't to know that every single one of those situations would undoubtedly lead to resentment, unrest and eventually civil war or brutal oppression.. right?

You're not really proving yourself to be much of an astute political analyst soren.

are you in fairy land? the english officially supported no one in palestine, however unofficially it is well known that they supported the palestinian state over a jewish one.

english opposed jewish migration into palestine over their quota of 250 000 so much that they sunk jewish ships with civilians on them.

oh and post war the maronites were equal to the muslims in lebanon.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #103 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 2:37am

lol
yes aboo once again you show a decidedly poor understanding of the real world...  as for the countries mentioned, over half a century or more later they still haven't sorted themselves out.

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #104 - Sep 12th, 2008 at 6:51am

Classic Liberal wrote on Sep 12th, 2008 at 1:43am:
yes the colonial occupation of saudi arabia, oman, uae, qatar and iran not to mention yemen are the reasons why these nations rich with oil are so screwed up.

oh wait they were not colonized.

Iran endured the removal of the democratically elected Mossadegh government when Britain and the US overthrew him in 1953 during Operation Ajax to prevent nationalisation of the Iranian oil industry and reinstalled the Shah who became a despot.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17
Send Topic Print