Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
Australian Branch of Hezbollah Just Started! (Read 4861 times)
bluebird

Australian Politics

Australian Branch of Hezbollah Just Started!
Sep 5th, 2008 at 1:25pm

On a Muslim site have seen an announcement from a new Islamic organisation called Hizbullah Australia. It seems they claim they are the Australian branch of Hizbullah. They say they will be active first in Sydney and Melbourne then other cities of Australia.

Who are these people? How come Hezbollah has been able to be registered in Australia? What is their cause?

http://www.sheikhharon.com/events-folder/announcement1-ha.htm

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Re: Australian Branch of Hezbollah Just Started!
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 1:53pm

How smacking stupid is that. We dont need that sh1t here, we are not directly affiliated with palestine or israel. Roll Eyes

Damn islamic front bottoms.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:41pm

Actually we give economic and diplomatic aid to Israel. So we do have some direct link.

But since this is from the infamous "Sheikh Harun" you can take it with a pinch of salt, as I'd be very surprised if this guy even exists.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 3:07pm

Wasn't there a Sheik Haron in the mainstream media a while back?

Abu why do you keep spelling it differently?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 3:29pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:41pm:
Actually we give economic and diplomatic aid to Israel. So we do have some direct link.

Angry WTF for? Israel is rich enough. Angry

And its on the other side of the friggen planet too.

If it is true that that extremist muslimes is starting here, ARM UP PEOPLE, THIS IS THEIR ATTEMPT TO TAKE OVER.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:09pm

There's been reports about him in the mainstream media, yes. But no Muslim seems to know who he is, and even ASIO have expressed doubt he's a genuine figure. Looking at the website, it seems all the knowledge that the person who made the site has about Islam, comes purely from mainstream media.

I spell it Harun, because that's the way the name should be transliterated, or Haroon, but certainly not haron. Google the two spellings and see which one is more prevalent, it's overwhelmingly Harun. I generally just type the name from memory when using it, so I just use the transliteration I'm most used to using.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:12pm

Quote:
WTF for? Israel is rich enough.

Wrong. If it weren't for outside support, Israel would not exist. It only exists because of the maintenance it gets from other governments. It is really a liability to, and thorn in the side of, the entire world, not just the Arab/Muslims. It is the largest recipient of US foreign aid.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:12pm

that is another ad hominem fallacy abu.

The topic is this message :-

"All thanks and praise be to Allah.

In the holy month of Ramadan, We would like to make Muslims happy by giving great news:

A group of Australian Muslim scholars have become united and they have decided to be organized for some religious activities in Australia and overseas. For the first step they have registered the Australian branch of Hezbollah in Australia.  We ask all Muslims to pray for us to be successful and beneficial for Islam in Australia. Soon the contact details of the Australian branch of Hezbollah in Australia will be provided for public. Also our website is under constructions, once the site is ready we will announce the details. We are legally registered in Australia and we will formally start our Islamic duties first in Sydney and Melbourne then in other cities soon. We are hoping that the unity of Muslims in general and Muslim clerics in particular not only in Australia but also it will happen all over the world. Insha Allah.

Pray for us,

Hizbullah Australia

3rd September 2008"

Which is to my iunderstanding 100% in keeping with muslims plans for Aussie and the world ?
Is that true abu ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:21pm

There's been reports about him in the mainstream media, yes. But no Muslim seems to know who he is, and even ASIO have expressed doubt he's a genuine figure.

Where did you get that from? Are you saying Asio thinks it's a hoax, or that he doesn't have a following?

I spell it Harun, because that's the way the name should be transliterated

Well he spells his own name Haron. Does Islam now impose restrictions on what people can call themselves? It seems kind of arrogant to correct someone's name for them.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:57pm

sprint,

Quote:
that is another ad hominem fallacy abu.

Wow, he used the word ramadan, and began with "All praise to Allah". He must be bona fide then.

freediver,

Quote:
Where did you get that from? Are you saying Asio thinks it's a hoax, or that he doesn't have a following?

Here's a few reports that tend to indicate that, all from news.com.au

Quote:
FEDERAL authorities will investigate a suspected hoax internet video of a young Australian woman threatening jihad

Quote:
Previously federal agents have been urged to investigate whether Sheik Haron was a fake.

Quote:
The Australian Federal Police said today they are investigating whether the video breached any anti-terror or other laws. They are also aware of claims that Sheik Haron may be a hoax designed to inflame tensions.

Also check this  article from the Australian entitled Sheik 'faked' to stir up ill-feeling.

Anyway the fact remains, that not a single Muslim in Australia knows who this guy is, and yet he's supposedly one of our 'senior clerics'??

In my personal opinion if he exists, then he's probably the head of the Islamic Australia Federation, which is actually a clandestine wing of the Liberal Party.  Grin

If you look at the terminology on his website, you'll find it's mostly newsspeak, when it comes to Islam anyway, terms like 'cleric' are not used by any Muslims to refer to their leaders, only mainstream media outlets ever use this kind of terminology, indicating quite strongly where the creators of his website got their info from. Also every single article on the website is specifically targetted just to cause hatred and  tension between Muslims and non-Muslims, not a single article actually relating to Islam. Anyone who actually thinks this guy is the real Mc Coy needs his head examined.

Quote:
Does Islam now impose restrictions on what people can call themselves?

As I said:

Quote:
I generally just type the name from memory when using it, so I just use the transliteration I'm most used to using

Please do forgive my failing memory.

Quote:
It seems kind of arrogant to correct someone's name for them.

When the person concerned is most likely a fictitious character, it's not all that relevant is it.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:01pm

Anyway the fact remains, that not a single Muslim in Australia knows who this guy is

How do you know that?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #11 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:17pm

Because firstly the Muslim community is very small and tight-knit and that kind of stuff would be known. Secondly, the *actual* leaders of the Islamic community, the board of Imams, the AFIC etc. have made extenssive enquiries, and  none have so far returned any result.

If he's supposedly a senior cleric, and he's supposedly so influential that you're worrying about him infecting all the Australian Muslims with terrorist ideas, he's not really doing a good job so far is he? Cos he hasn't even had contact with any Muslims yet.

But if you'd like to believe he's real, then i certainly won't stop you. Perhaps you can ask him to pass on a message to the tooth fairy for you? If you can even contact him. As mentioned in the article from The Australian above, they've even tried contacting him to verify who he is, even if just by phone, and he's refused everytime.

I have little doubt this is an "Islamic Australia Federation" style of propaganda campaign staged by far right elements.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #12 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:19pm

Quote:
In my personal opinion if he exists, then he's probably the head of the Islamic Australia Federation, which is actually a clandestine wing of the Liberal Party. 

I think you might be right Abu.  Grin

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #13 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:23pm

One of the most glaring contradictions of this whole affair is the fact he claims to be an 'Ayatullah', which is a term only ever used by the Shi'a, yet at the same time he claims to be a supporter of OBL and the Talibaan, who are diametrically opposed to the Shi'a and consider them apostates. Again it's quite clear they just copied the most inciting terms and associations straight out of the newspapers and rolled them all up into one figure who people could focus their hatred on and rrealise their fears through. Not taking any care to check if they actually contradict one another.

And the average drop kick is none the wiser.. no offense freediver Smiley

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:31pm

Abu where did I say he should be taken seriously?

So you are speaking on behalf of every Australian Muslim on the assumption that they are Borg like creatures who act in a predictable way that would have lead to the identification of Haron?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #15 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:40pm

We are not Borg like, but we do communicate with one another, and since we're such a small community, we'd know. And as pointed out, everything about him is completely inconsistent, especially with that kind of ideology.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:49pm

Unless there exists for example an Australian Muslim with a sense of humour?

How small and concentrated is this community?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #17 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 9:09pm

The Muslim community is no more than about 2% of the Australian population. But also because of the close family ties and sense of community (or Ummah) that Muslims have, the community is probably a lot more tight-knit than other communities might be, with the links being quite strong even amongst different ethnicities. And if someone were starting a party like that, and even announcing it publically, I'm sure it would be well known amongst the Muslim community. People would have brothers, sisters, cousins, uncles etc. who have at least some link with it, but there's nothing. As I said, nobody at all, from the vast community of Muslims that has come forward and said "Yes we know who this guy/group is".

As for humour, no, it's not allowed for us to have a sense of humour, it's immoral and a dangerous Western influence that all good Muslims should resist.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Eddi

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 9:53pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:09pm:
and even ASIO have expressed doubt he's a genuine figure.

Hi Abu
I've heard about him and I am interested to know more. Would you please explain when ASIO had expressed doubt he's a genuine figure, can you please give a link or something? I personally don't support him but I have a friend who is one the students of Sheikh Haron and we usually discuss about him, so I want to be able to prove to his supporters that ASIO had expressed doubt. If you could give any address or link or reason to prove it, would be appreciated.

By the way I am a new member  Smiley
« Last Edit: Sep 5th, 2008 at 9:59pm by Eddi »  

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #19 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 10:33pm

Sorry Eddi, it was the AFP, not ASIO, link is mentioned in my post above.

You know someone who actually knows who Sheikh Haron is?

Has your friend actually met him?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Eddi

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 12:42pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 5th, 2008 at 10:33pm:
Sorry Eddi, it was the AFP, not ASIO, link is mentioned in my post above.

You know someone who actually knows who Sheikh Haron is?

Has your friend actually met him?

Yes Abu, my friend is one of the students of Sheikh Haron. I told her AFP has expressed doubt about the Sheikh, also I said that no one has met Sheikh Haron and no one knows who he is. First she made a comment then she gave me two links.

She said:  When Mr. Richard Kerbaj (a journalist from the Australian who is against Muslims) had interview with a Muslim and asked him about Sheikh Haron, the Muslim man replies that he doesn't know Sheikh Haron and he believes that AFP must find out who he is. This is why Mr. Richard Kerbaj in his article has written that federal authorities were urged to investigate about Sheikh Haron. The Australian has not been honest in its reports. The Australian,  news.com.au, The Daily Telegraph and The Herald Sun belong to a company called Nationwide News Pty Ltd. This company has had a long history of bad record regarding inaccurate reports about Muslims including Sheikh Haron. The Australian Press Council has received the Sheikh's complaint and they are currently waiting for result.

Also in the other article, it doesn't say AFP expresses doubt, it says AFP is aware of claims ......
It means that AFP is aware of the claims of those few Muslims who had interview with The Australian.

My friend said: AFP has gone to Sheikh Haron's residence to ask him about the identity of Sister Amirah. AFP is fully aware of the identity and address of Sheikh Haron.
http://www.sheikhharon.com/events-folder/federal-police-%20interrogated-sheikh-h...

Regarding Sister Zahra who made a video, there has not been any problem. AFP has not contacted Sheikh Haron about video of Sister Zahra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2m8w3Dy4us

The article says:
"The Australian Federal Police said today they are investigating whether the video breached any anti-terror or other laws. They are also aware of claims that Sheik Haron may be a hoax designed to inflame tensions."

In regards to my claim that Sheikh Haron might be fake, she gave me this video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIK6-ZGWwVE

In regards to my claim that no one in Australia has met Sheikh Haron, she gave me this video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KkjCcqyK0A

Abu Rashid I couldn't say anything when I watch those two videos. In one video you can see that Sheikh Haron with his cleric uniform is with few Ayatollah (including Ayatollah Karroubi, the speaker of Parliament) and in the other video you can see that Sheikh Haron is giving a speech in Australia and few hundreds of Muslim community in Sydney are listening to him. Also you can see a Muslim scholar with his uniform is amongst the audience.

So I really felt I was pissed off for my claim that Sheikh Haron was fake and nobody had met him.

Anyway if you have any advice (but this time it should be with evidence please) let me know, I really like to prove to my friend that she is wrong. She strongly supports Sheikh Haron and she keep studying in the Sheikh's classes.

By the way she said that "Hizbullah Australia" is an organisation that has given its announcement to SHW (Sheikh Haron Website) to be published like other organisations that their ads are published on page "Events". She said Sheikh Haron is not a member of "Hizbullah Australia" but of course he supports all Muslims including "Hizbullah Australia" and SHW will publish their announcements again if they send any in the future.

So I think this thread is about the Australian branch of Hezbollah and it is nothing to do with Sheikh Haron.

I really like to have more information about the Australian branch of Hezbollah, can anybody here give more information?
« Last Edit: Sep 6th, 2008 at 1:10pm by Eddi »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #21 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 2:41pm

Thanks Eddie, this is getting very interesting. Welcome to OzPolitic.

Abu, 2% of the Australian population is a lot of people to speak on behalf of.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #22 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 6:24pm

abu - you have not answered my question.

"that is another ad hominem fallacy abu.

The topic is this message :-

"All thanks and praise be to Allah.

In the holy month of Ramadan, We would like to make Muslims happy by giving great news:

A group of Australian Muslim scholars have become united and they have decided to be organized for some religious activities in Australia and overseas. For the first step they have registered the Australian branch of Hezbollah in Australia.  We ask all Muslims to pray for us to be successful and beneficial for Islam in Australia. Soon the contact details of the Australian branch of Hezbollah in Australia will be provided for public. Also our website is under constructions, once the site is ready we will announce the details. We are legally registered in Australia and we will formally start our Islamic duties first in Sydney and Melbourne then in other cities soon. We are hoping that the unity of Muslims in general and Muslim clerics in particular not only in Australia but also it will happen all over the world. Insha Allah.

Pray for us,

Hizbullah Australia

3rd September 2008"

Which is to my iunderstanding 100% in keeping with muslims plans for Aussie and the world ?
Is that true abu ?"

you just replied with yet another ad hominem attack.
I assume what he says is what muslims agree with then.
But you are just too cowardly to say it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 6:35pm

Sprint your post looks very familiar.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #24 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 8:24pm

http://www.thefunnystuff.net/viewmovie.php?id=913

Important info on terror suspects;
M'Balz Es-Hari,
Haid D'Salaami,
Hous Bin Pharteen, and his cousin I-Bin Pharteen.
Authorities have picked up the scent of the last two.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #25 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 9:01pm

yes, I copied it from this thread
": Australian Branch of Hezbollah Just Started!
Reply #7 - Yesterday at 4:12pm " - from there.

abu did not answer, so thought i should repeat it for him.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #26 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 9:03pm

Eddi,

Quote:
Abu Rashid I couldn't say anything when I watch those two videos

I don't understand why you couldn't say anything when watching those two videos? It was just videos of people waffling on in Persian (I'm assuming), which is a language at least 98% of Muslims in Australia have no idea about. Now either I can assume you're a Persian speaker, and the content of the videos has some convincing evidence that Sheikh Haron is a bona fide figure, or you're just gullible and easily convinced by anything, if you just see some guy in a turban ranting and raving in a foriegn sounding language.

Quote:
In one video you can see that Sheikh Haron with his cleric uniform

Well then, why didn't you say so to begin with??? If he had a 'cleric uniform' on, then I'm convinced!!

Quote:
is with few Ayatollah (including Ayatollah Karroubi, the speaker of Parliament)

I'm assuming speaker of the Iranian parliament? This is what I'm really perplexed about, is "Sheikh Haron" a Shi'a? Or is he a Talibaan/Qaidah supporter? He can't be both, although I'm sure that would suit the intent of those who created this persona. Btw, you do realise the vast majority of Muslims do not believe in 'Ayatollahs', they're a Shi'a invention and have absolutely no relation to mainstream Islam at all. I think the creators of the Sheikh Haron persona made a bit of an error in casting him as a Shi'a, because the vast majority of the Muslims in Australia are not Shi'a. Looks like they chose the wrong sect.. back to the drawing board?

Quote:
few hundreds of Muslim community in Sydney are listening to him

Since the speech was in Persian (I think), then I'd assume it was 'few hundreds of Persian community'? And I doubt there's a few hundred there anyway. I tell you something that shows just how detached from the Muslim community this whole saga is. In my 10 years as a Muslim, I've never met a single Persian Muslim. I've met Arabs, Afghanis, Somalis, Morrocans, Egyptians, Palestinians, Bosnians, Croatians, Serbians, Chinese, Taiwanese, Thai, Malaysian, Indonesian, Sri Lankan, American, Pakistani, Turkish, Tunisian, and probably about a dozen or so other nations, yet never a Persian/Iranian Muslim. another point, I've never heard of a single Iranian/Persian mosque/islamic association in Australia. We have bangladeshi mosques, we have albanian mosques, we have arab mosques, we have bosnian mosques, and same for community organisations, yet not a single Iranian muslim association or mosque (that I'm aware of). Yet according to the propaganda surrounding this Sheikh Haron, he's some big mainstream leader of the Muslim community here, who gives lectures in a language the vast majority of Muslims here don't understand... Strange.

Quote:
Also you can see a Muslim scholar with his uniform is amongst the audience.

Firstly, there's no such thing as a Muslim scholar uniform. A Muslim scholar can wear any kind of clothes he likes. Likewise, any layperson can 'don' a turban and flowing robes. Simply seeing someone in the audience wearing a turban and robes, does not indicate at all he's a scholar.

Quote:
Anyway if you have any advice (but this time it should be with evidence please) let me know,

You should be asking the one who claims they know Sheikh Haron for evidence about him. Ask to meet him.

Quote:
So I think this thread is about the Australian branch of Hezbollah and it is nothing to do with Sheikh Haron. I really like to have more information about the Australian branch of Hezbollah, can anybody here give more information?

Start by going to Hezbollah's website, I searched it, and couldn't find a single mention of any such 'Australian branch'. As suspected, this whole things seems like nothing but a hoax, designed to rally red-necked half-wits in their hostility against the Muslim community. Sadly, we've seen a few of them here already in this thread.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #27 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 9:37pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 6th, 2008 at 9:03pm:
designed to rally red-necked half-wits in their hostility against the Muslim community. Sadly, we've seen a few of them here already in this thread.

Oh glory unto yourself ay? ''i am much better than you because my prophet was a pedeophile''.
You always find ways to make me laugh abu_ratshit, the fact that this is all you can say about us so called ''red necks''.
Say what you want pigshit, we know what Islam is about and we will not let you win.  Grin

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #28 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 9:43pm

Quote:
the fact that this is all you can say about us so called ''red necks''.

Who said I was talking about you Phil? Did the half-wits part give it away?  Grin

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #29 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 9:47pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 6th, 2008 at 9:43pm:
Quote:
the fact that this is all you can say about us so called ''red necks''.

Who said I was talking about you Phil? Did the half-wits part give it away?  Grin

No, im called redneck by many and thats what caught my eye. Half wit never.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #30 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 10:37pm

Quote:
No, im called redneck by many and thats what caught my eye.

Doesn't surprise me.

Quote:
Half wit never.

The two go hand in hand.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #31 - Sep 6th, 2008 at 10:57pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 6th, 2008 at 10:37pm:
Quote:
Half wit never.

The two go hand in hand.

Just like 40 year old Mohammed and 6 year old Aisha.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #32 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 10:09am

Don't make this personal Phil.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Call to probe mystery Shia cleric
Reply #33 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 12:56pm

It appears that even the Shi'a don't know who this guy is either, even though he claims to have been a top Shi'a cleric (An Ayatollah no less) that  was supposedly in with Khomeini.

-----

FEDERAL agents have been urged by the nation's senior Shia leader, Kamal Mousselmani, to investigate an Iranian man purporting to be a prominent Islamic cleric.

Sheik Mousselmani told The Australian yesterday the mystery cleric - who has been identified as Ayatollah Manteghi Boroujerdi on his website after appearing under the name Sheik Haron - was not a genuine Shia spiritual leader.

He said there were no ayatollahs - supreme Shia scholars - in Australia and none of his fellow spiritual leaders knew who Ayatollah Boroujerdi or Sheik Haron was.

"We don't know him and we have got nothing to do with him," Sheik Mousselmani said. "The federal police should investigate who he is. It should be their responsibility."

Sheik Haron, who insulted the family of an Australian soldier killed in Afghanistan in November, was accused by Muslim leaders of being a fake cleric deliberately stirring anti-Islamic sentiment.

Sheik Mousselmani, head of the Supreme Islamic Shia Council of Australia, which represents the nation's 30,000 Shi'ites, said Sheik Haron's website - Sheik Haron Web - gave him away as an amateur who knew little about Shia Islam.

"From the way he writes his (fatwas or religious edicts), I don't think he is Shia Muslim," Sheik Mousselmani said. "And there are no ayatollahs in Australia.

"We don't follow, we don't support and we don't stand with anyone we don't know. He's not one of us."

Sheik Haron has been identified in a letter on his websites that claims he is of Iranian background and once supported the country's Islamic revolution against US "oppression".

"Ayatollah Boroujerdi was supporting Ayatollah Khomeini (leader of the Iranian Islamic revolution) and the Islamic revolution like many others who were against the oppression of the United States of America, but later the direction of the Islamic revolution changed and it was not what the nation expected it to be," the letter says.

Sheik Haron's website lists a number of letter he has written to officials and ministers, including one to former attorney-general Philip Ruddock and one to federal police commissioner Mick Keelty.

The Australian Federation of Islamic Councils president Ikebal Patel said yesterday the body's investigation into the cleric last month could not find any information on who Sheik Haron is.

"I know the community very well, and this just doesn't make sense," he said. "We couldn't find anything on the man."
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2008 at 2:08pm by abu_rashid »  
abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Sep 7th, 2008 at 11:05pm

fact remains, his claims are exactly what every good muslim agrees with

IP Logged

Classic Liberal
Gold Member

OzPolitic

sydney
Reply #35 - Sep 8th, 2008 at 9:50pm

DILLIGAF wrote on Sep 5th, 2008 at 3:29pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:41pm:

Angry WTF for? Israel is rich enough. Angry

And its on the other side of the friggen planet too.

If it is true that that extremist muslimes is starting here, ARM UP PEOPLE, THIS IS THEIR ATTEMPT TO TAKE OVER.

would you be able to provide a link proving aid to Israel?

All i could find was humanitarian aid provided to both israel and arabs for refugees etc.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #36 - Sep 19th, 2008 at 5:22pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 6th, 2008 at 9:03pm:
I've met Arabs, Afghanis,.... yet never a Persian/Iranian Muslim.

None at all, in Australia? Are they so small in numbers? Perhaps Malik can introduce you to some (wherever he is). He's supposed be of the Sh'ia sect.

Wink

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #37 - Sep 23rd, 2008 at 10:57am

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 7th, 2008 at 12:56pm:
FEDERAL agents have been urged by the nation's senior Shia leader, Kamal Mousselmani, to investigate an Iranian man purporting to be a prominent Islamic cleric.

"We don't know him and we have got nothing to do with him," Sheik Mousselmani said. "The federal police should investigate who he is. It should be their responsibility."

Why are Australia's Muslim leaders calling for the federal police to investigate this guy? Do they think the police have nothing better to do? Do they think it is a major crime to make fales claims of religious authority? I can't imagine anything worse than the federal police being used to track down people who emabarrass religious institutions. It sounds like something straight out of the middle east.

IP Logged

Eddi

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Sep 27th, 2008 at 12:41pm

Abu Rashid wants intentionally to change the topic and speaks about his favorite Sheikh Haron lol
"Hezbollah Australia" is different organisation and nothing to do with Sheikh Haron.

Hey guys I just saw their logo, it is similar to the logo of Hezbollah in Lebanon.
http://www.hizbullah.com.au/

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print