Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Australian Branch of Hezbollah Just Started! (Read 4808 times)
bluebird

Australian Politics

Australian Branch of Hezbollah Just Started!
Sep 5th, 2008 at 1:25pm

On a Muslim site have seen an announcement from a new Islamic organisation called Hizbullah Australia. It seems they claim they are the Australian branch of Hizbullah. They say they will be active first in Sydney and Melbourne then other cities of Australia.

Who are these people? How come Hezbollah has been able to be registered in Australia? What is their cause?

http://www.sheikhharon.com/events-folder/announcement1-ha.htm

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Re: Australian Branch of Hezbollah Just Started!
Reply #1 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 1:53pm

How smacking stupid is that. We dont need that sh1t here, we are not directly affiliated with palestine or israel. Roll Eyes

Damn islamic front bottoms.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #2 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:41pm

Actually we give economic and diplomatic aid to Israel. So we do have some direct link.

But since this is from the infamous "Sheikh Harun" you can take it with a pinch of salt, as I'd be very surprised if this guy even exists.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 3:07pm

Wasn't there a Sheik Haron in the mainstream media a while back?

Abu why do you keep spelling it differently?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #4 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 3:29pm

abu_rashid wrote on Sep 5th, 2008 at 2:41pm:
Actually we give economic and diplomatic aid to Israel. So we do have some direct link.

Angry WTF for? Israel is rich enough. Angry

And its on the other side of the friggen planet too.

If it is true that that extremist muslimes is starting here, ARM UP PEOPLE, THIS IS THEIR ATTEMPT TO TAKE OVER.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #5 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:09pm

There's been reports about him in the mainstream media, yes. But no Muslim seems to know who he is, and even ASIO have expressed doubt he's a genuine figure. Looking at the website, it seems all the knowledge that the person who made the site has about Islam, comes purely from mainstream media.

I spell it Harun, because that's the way the name should be transliterated, or Haroon, but certainly not haron. Google the two spellings and see which one is more prevalent, it's overwhelmingly Harun. I generally just type the name from memory when using it, so I just use the transliteration I'm most used to using.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #6 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:12pm

Quote:
WTF for? Israel is rich enough.

Wrong. If it weren't for outside support, Israel would not exist. It only exists because of the maintenance it gets from other governments. It is really a liability to, and thorn in the side of, the entire world, not just the Arab/Muslims. It is the largest recipient of US foreign aid.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:12pm

that is another ad hominem fallacy abu.

The topic is this message :-

"All thanks and praise be to Allah.

In the holy month of Ramadan, We would like to make Muslims happy by giving great news:

A group of Australian Muslim scholars have become united and they have decided to be organized for some religious activities in Australia and overseas. For the first step they have registered the Australian branch of Hezbollah in Australia.  We ask all Muslims to pray for us to be successful and beneficial for Islam in Australia. Soon the contact details of the Australian branch of Hezbollah in Australia will be provided for public. Also our website is under constructions, once the site is ready we will announce the details. We are legally registered in Australia and we will formally start our Islamic duties first in Sydney and Melbourne then in other cities soon. We are hoping that the unity of Muslims in general and Muslim clerics in particular not only in Australia but also it will happen all over the world. Insha Allah.

Pray for us,

Hizbullah Australia

3rd September 2008"

Which is to my iunderstanding 100% in keeping with muslims plans for Aussie and the world ?
Is that true abu ?

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:21pm

There's been reports about him in the mainstream media, yes. But no Muslim seems to know who he is, and even ASIO have expressed doubt he's a genuine figure.

Where did you get that from? Are you saying Asio thinks it's a hoax, or that he doesn't have a following?

I spell it Harun, because that's the way the name should be transliterated

Well he spells his own name Haron. Does Islam now impose restrictions on what people can call themselves? It seems kind of arrogant to correct someone's name for them.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #9 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 4:57pm

sprint,

Quote:
that is another ad hominem fallacy abu.

Wow, he used the word ramadan, and began with "All praise to Allah". He must be bona fide then.

freediver,

Quote:
Where did you get that from? Are you saying Asio thinks it's a hoax, or that he doesn't have a following?

Here's a few reports that tend to indicate that, all from news.com.au

Quote:
FEDERAL authorities will investigate a suspected hoax internet video of a young Australian woman threatening jihad

Quote:
Previously federal agents have been urged to investigate whether Sheik Haron was a fake.

Quote:
The Australian Federal Police said today they are investigating whether the video breached any anti-terror or other laws. They are also aware of claims that Sheik Haron may be a hoax designed to inflame tensions.

Also check this  article from the Australian entitled Sheik 'faked' to stir up ill-feeling.

Anyway the fact remains, that not a single Muslim in Australia knows who this guy is, and yet he's supposedly one of our 'senior clerics'??

In my personal opinion if he exists, then he's probably the head of the Islamic Australia Federation, which is actually a clandestine wing of the Liberal Party.  Grin

If you look at the terminology on his website, you'll find it's mostly newsspeak, when it comes to Islam anyway, terms like 'cleric' are not used by any Muslims to refer to their leaders, only mainstream media outlets ever use this kind of terminology, indicating quite strongly where the creators of his website got their info from. Also every single article on the website is specifically targetted just to cause hatred and  tension between Muslims and non-Muslims, not a single article actually relating to Islam. Anyone who actually thinks this guy is the real Mc Coy needs his head examined.

Quote:
Does Islam now impose restrictions on what people can call themselves?

As I said:

Quote:
I generally just type the name from memory when using it, so I just use the transliteration I'm most used to using

Please do forgive my failing memory.

Quote:
It seems kind of arrogant to correct someone's name for them.

When the person concerned is most likely a fictitious character, it's not all that relevant is it.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #10 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:01pm

Anyway the fact remains, that not a single Muslim in Australia knows who this guy is

How do you know that?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #11 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:17pm

Because firstly the Muslim community is very small and tight-knit and that kind of stuff would be known. Secondly, the *actual* leaders of the Islamic community, the board of Imams, the AFIC etc. have made extenssive enquiries, and  none have so far returned any result.

If he's supposedly a senior cleric, and he's supposedly so influential that you're worrying about him infecting all the Australian Muslims with terrorist ideas, he's not really doing a good job so far is he? Cos he hasn't even had contact with any Muslims yet.

But if you'd like to believe he's real, then i certainly won't stop you. Perhaps you can ask him to pass on a message to the tooth fairy for you? If you can even contact him. As mentioned in the article from The Australian above, they've even tried contacting him to verify who he is, even if just by phone, and he's refused everytime.

I have little doubt this is an "Islamic Australia Federation" style of propaganda campaign staged by far right elements.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #12 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:19pm

Quote:
In my personal opinion if he exists, then he's probably the head of the Islamic Australia Federation, which is actually a clandestine wing of the Liberal Party. 

I think you might be right Abu.  Grin

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #13 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:23pm

One of the most glaring contradictions of this whole affair is the fact he claims to be an 'Ayatullah', which is a term only ever used by the Shi'a, yet at the same time he claims to be a supporter of OBL and the Talibaan, who are diametrically opposed to the Shi'a and consider them apostates. Again it's quite clear they just copied the most inciting terms and associations straight out of the newspapers and rolled them all up into one figure who people could focus their hatred on and rrealise their fears through. Not taking any care to check if they actually contradict one another.

And the average drop kick is none the wiser.. no offense freediver Smiley

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #14 - Sep 5th, 2008 at 5:31pm

Abu where did I say he should be taken seriously?

So you are speaking on behalf of every Australian Muslim on the assumption that they are Borg like creatures who act in a predictable way that would have lead to the identification of Haron?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print