Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Baby Colin's suffering (Read 2499 times)
jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Re: Baby Colin's suffering
Reply #15 - Aug 25th, 2008 at 4:41pm

Why should the government be held responsible for what nature does all on it's own? The only reason people are all emotional and up in arms about this is because it happened close to where it could be viewed and filmed.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 12:01pm

So Australia also has a 'scientific' whaling program. I hope they got IWC approval.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #17 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 1:14pm

Quote:
So Australia also has a 'scientific' whaling program. I hope they got IWC approval.

Correction - a proposed scientific whaling committee will be set up next year, which means a talkfest and it might take years before anything positive comes from this - if it ever does.

It's being set up to show that Collette (Colin) didn't die in vain.

Quote:
Why should the government be held responsible for what nature does all on it's own? The only reason people are all emotional and up in arms about this is because it happened close to where it could be viewed and filmed.

They shouldn't be held responsible - although they already have departments that should be able to handle this sort of crisis properly.  Unfortunately they're incompetent and this proposed committee is just a temporary pacifier.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 1:15pm

A dying whale is not a crisis. It is nature taking it's course.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #19 - Aug 26th, 2008 at 1:37pm

Agreed.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print