Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
violence against woman, family, and society (Read 2816 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: violence against woman, family, and society
Reply #15 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:53pm

Quote:
Saddam was Americas lackey, yes for 5 minutes in the 80s

Even if we were to accept your extremely naive assertion that it was merely a 'five minute fling', he certainly did a lot of atrocious things in those five minutes, didn't he? Gassing the Kurds, spraying chemicals all over the Iranians etc. all the while his mate Donnie Rumsfeld was assisting him, as were french chemical weapons suppliers.

And if we discard your naive little fantasy that it only lasted 5 minutes, we'll find that the relationship between the USA and Saddam actually began way back in 1959, when the CIA first approached him and groomed him to take part in a coup against Qassim. Throughout the 60's and 70's he was well valued as an anti-Communist anchor in the Middle East. Then in the 80's he became a bit of a liability, what with him gassing so many of the different ethnicities all around him, and all of a sudden Washington broke off the love affair, publically at least.

Quote:
stop blaming America for all the troubles and ignoring the fact that Muslims kill Muslims and have done for thousands of years

Perhaps if they stopped organising coups and installing bloodthirsty dictators and invading countries, we might get a chance to stop blaming them.

Quote:
maybe your country should be more important than your religion, your country and your fellow citizens should be a priority, then your religion.

Actually this kind of mindless nationalism is what's led to most of the Middle East's problems. When the people were united by their religion, none of this kind of stuff was occuring.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #16 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 10:42pm

imperial wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 12:23pm:
well if you know that, obviously you have seen these figures. hence you dont need me to spoon feed you with the facts.. Roll Eyes

Right, I was just hoping that if you looked for yourself you might end this nonsense about western countries being the most violent. Or at the very least, try to back up your argument.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #17 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 10:45pm

You just cant handle the truth, never could, its always deflection and spin, never the reality that the rest of the world may well be correct and that maybe Islam has its head that far up its own arse that it can't see the woods for the trees. Rednecks are bad, Jihadist ok, good one. You can always expect the same statements about America, if the Middle Eastern Governments are so bad, overthrow them, its been done before, or are you scared of what might replace them.
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2008 at 11:03pm by pope urban 2 »  

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #18 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 11:35pm

Discussing the issue with you is pointless, everything is just apparently a deflection. Those are the facts, former CIA agents are the ones who've confirmed and corroborated it. If anyone has cranium inserted into rectum problems here, it's you.

But if it makes you happy, we can deny the truth and pretend America had nothing to do with shaping Iraq over the past half a century... If it makes you happy that is. After all, wouldn't want you to think America actually attempts to maintain her hegemony in the world.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

pope urban 2

Australian Politics

melbourne
Reply #19 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 11:54pm

Its not just about Iraq, is it, its about Bali, its about New York, its about a lot more than Iraq. And if I here another load of rubbish about how woman are number one, I'll SCREAM, every day I see Muslim women covered from head to toe, with 4 or 5 kids hanging of them, trying to control them without any luck, any wonder the teenagers are so anti - social.

And just a point about Nazis, weren't they welcomed with open arms into the Middle East. And Lestat, blow me.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2008 at 12:03am by pope urban 2 »  

God takes care of old folks and fools, while the Devil makes up all the rules.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print