Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has Natural Selection just got a bad rap? (Read 758 times)
locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Has Natural Selection just got a bad rap?
Aug 20th, 2008 at 1:16pm

This topic comes up now and again with the mates when we are talking about the Morons of Misadventure. The talk is often inspired because some recently quadrapedic person has decided that the public are responsible for their jumping from a bridge or cliff into shallow water. Therefore by default the public purse is at their disposal because there was no WARNING SIGN, therefore the public was negligant.

Now, while not embrassing all of the eugenic philosophy, I must admit that I think there are times when impartial natural selection needs to be allowed to take its course. If any compensation is due, it should be through the sale of their story to the various Darwin Awards publications or web sites.

So I vote for the removal of all signs aimed at the misadventurous AND for implementing a "Natural Selection" clause in the legal code available for juries and judges to include in decisions involving misadventure.

Signage that warn of Falling Rocks should obviously be upgraded to include warnings of Falling Morons, but that's really for the benefit for the poor bastard below. Tongue
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2008 at 8:16am by locutius »  

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Re: Has Eugenics just got a bad rap?
Reply #1 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 1:24pm

well. 4 years ago law was passed to make it harder for people to sue over personal injury, public liability......the result was insurance premiums went UP!!!!!!!!!! work that out!!

so i say, relax the laws, and make the scum sucking parasitic insurance companies pay squillions....!!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 2:50pm

Eugenics is a bad choice for the title of this thread.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #3 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 3:12pm

Smiley OK, we can edit it. Any suggestions? I wonder what Bill Hicks would have called it. Something with more profanity I'm sure.

But the term 'eurgenics' may not be completely offkey. Instead of society actively pursuing deliberate elimination, it pursues a path of deliberate non-protection.  Wink Natural Eugenics perhaps?

Reasonable tests for negligance and duty of care would still apply for public injury. But I wouldn't be surprised if there are people out there who think Jackass was a training film.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 3:51pm

How about natural selection?

Reasonable tests for negligance and duty of care would still apply for public injury.

That is all that applies now. It's just that the reasonable decisions get filtered by the media, then by Alan jones, then by the bloke down at the pub.....

Just because someone can sue does not mean they can breed.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print