Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
what forum is this? (Read 3321 times)
imperial

Australian Politics

what forum is this?
Aug 18th, 2008 at 8:41am

i first googled for an aussie political site, i was looking to mock the green, hairy legged, lesbian left, the leftist elite that does rupert and co's bidding, and give the gw liers a bit of stick.....

instead i find an aussie political forum run by a muslim (no offence) with the topics largely muslims defending themselves against slander and attacks....(aint that the way?)

ive been on a few muslim sites and debated yanks and jews in defence of muslims. the best defence is attack.....hehehehe one of the best people ive met online is jewish, and although i dont visit the same sites anymore, we still keep in contact....

my blue isnt with ordinary yanks, jews, poms, etc, etc. my gripe is the stranglehold media has on our lives, their lies, the nwo, the elite, and those that control our elected governments.

there is no question in my mind that democracy is the best way....however, i lament that its been hijacked by corporate industrial interests and powerful wealthy world elite. its not even a conspiracy really. its just fact. politicians dont hold real power....so neither do we.

these people have created a war on terror for their own goals. i mean, how can you conduct a war on a tactic...? iraq and afghan had nothing to do with 911. so why were they invaded? palestinians had their homeland stolen...so are they terrorists or freedom fighters?

ask yourself what have muslims done to deserve the wholesale slaughter that has occured in palestine, iraq, afghanistan and soon iran? NOTHING.....!!!! yet the media has demonised them so effectively, that i give you yourselves as evidence as to their effectiveness at brainwashing.....

i rarely write yarns as long as this as all it really gets is a flippant sentence in reply, and rarely do sheep like yourselves get all introspective........

dont know why i bother......oh..!! thats right.. i just love a debate. Wink

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: what forum is this?
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 9:39am

Thanks for putting a bit of thought into your post Imperial. I much prefer your own view to a stream of links and copy and paste dumps.

I own this site. Abu and Malik moderate the Islam, which was only added recently. We've always had discussion about Islam, but it only took off when a few Muslims turned up. That's why the topic appears to dominate at the moment.

Afghanistan had everything to do with 9/11:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1218684802

its just fact. politicians dont hold real power....so neither do we.

Interesting view, and not an uncommon one online. Though I usually associate it with the far left. Would you care to elaborate for us?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 9:52am

imperial wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 8:41am:
i first googled for an aussie political site, i was looking to mock the green, hairy legged, lesbian left, the leftist elite that does rupert and co's bidding, and give the gw liers a bit of stick.....

there is no question in my mind that democracy is the best way....however, i lament that its been hijacked by corporate industrial interests and powerful wealthy world elite. its not even a conspiracy really.

We are of the same mind here. Witness Rupert & Co's media empire change their language on climate change (which wrong-footed a lot of his right-wing minions).

ask yourself what have muslims done to deserve the wholesale slaughter that has occured in palestine, iraq, afghanistan and soon iran? NOTHING.....!!!! yet the media has demonised them so effectively, that i give you yourselves as evidence as to their effectiveness at brainwashing.....

Again, I have to agree with you on this one.

i rarely write yarns as long as this as all it really gets is a flippant sentence in reply, and rarely do sheep like yourselves get all introspective........

It's good that you put your own mind into it rather than a serious of links. Lol. It's the only way to debate.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #3 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 9:53am

instead i find an aussie political forum run by a muslim (no offence) with the topics largely muslims defending themselves against slander and attacks....(aint that the way?)

FD, a Muslim?

Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:09am

Quote:
Interesting view, and not an uncommon one online. Though I usually associate it with the far left. Would you care to elaborate for us?

liberal and labor. a two headed snake. there is no real ideological difference any more. so we have no real choice. elections are based on personalities, not substance.

laws and decisions are made to favour big corporations.. land rights are an example. small miners are locked out of negs with traditional owners and big interests get the spoils...and its happening now with water..http://www.blueplanetproject.net/documents/adv07jun08pgw04-sta-color-review.pdf ...gov (us) buys back the water rights, and sells it to major agricultural corporations......where does it end?????

just before the last election, kevin was famously 'summoned' to NY by rupert...one only can imagine why......? on his return GW SUDDENLY shot to media attention and was wholeheartedly embraced by labor, (particularly kevin) ....wonder if rupert advised him..?

was east timor about democracy or oil..? who benefits? arent we in iraq and afghanistan for oil corp interests?

was there a refferendum on GM crops? who would have won? is that why we werent asked..?

what influence do banks, pharmaceutical, military industrial, etc have on their relevent governmental ministers decisions...? imagine the power they wield..?  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:19am

liberal and labor. a two headed snake. there is no real ideological difference any more. so we have no real choice.

The fact that they are so close to each other is a reflection of the choice of the people. There are plenty of parties for you to choose from. What appears to you to be a lack of choice, is really just the fact that so few others choose the same thing as you.

laws and decisions are made to favour big corporations.. land rights are an example. small miners are locked out of negs with traditional owners and big interests get the spoils...and its happening now with water..http://www.blueplanetproject.net/documents/adv07jun08pgw04-sta-color-review.pdf ...gov (us) buys back the water rights, and sells it to major agricultural corporations......where does it end?????

Could that just be that the big companies can pay more money? You shouldn't get a discount on something just because you are a small company.

on his return GW SUDDENLY shot to media attention and was wholeheartedly embraced by labor, (particularly kevin)

Labor did not change it's policies. They had been in favour of ratifying kyoto etc for years.

was east timor about democracy or oil..?

False dichotomy.

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:50am

Quote:
The fact that they are so close to each other is a reflection of the choice of the people. There are plenty of parties for you to choose from. What appears to you to be a lack of choice, is really just the fact that so few others choose the same thing as you.

pauline hanson was cruicified by media but had good support of voters. her support would have been greater but for media scare tactics and propaganda. one day there will be a more consumate pauline type...and it scares the poo out of the establishment. pauline gave real choice...and she was jailed for it.

Quote:
Could that just be that the big companies can pay more money? You shouldn't get a discount on something just because you are a small company.

the rules are made to favour big corporations....

Quote:
Labor did not change it's policies. They had been in favour of ratifying kyoto etc for years.

that may be true. but it was made into an election breaker by those who wanted to impliment a carbon tax world wide..

Quote:
was east timor about democracy or oil..?

not false at all. government doing the corporations dirty work..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:53am

pauline hanson was cruicified by media but had good support of voters. her support would have been greater but for media scare tactics and propaganda.

boo hoo

What do you suggest? Limitations on the media's right to criticise politicians?

but it was made into an election breaker by those who wanted to impliment a carbon tax world wide..

No it wasn't. We are a long way away from a carbon tax. We are going to end up with an ETS.

Do you have any evidence to back up your other claims, or just wild accusations and broad generalisations?

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:56am

ive seen nothing from you other than opinion....

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #9 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:57am

Sure, if all you give is wild accusation and broad generalisation, you can't expect a thesis in response.

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:07am

i dont need a thesis. i choose my own material. i believe that reading alternate media gives me a wider scope from which to draw a conclusion than those that dont...can you say the same?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #11 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:07am

Yet when asked why you believed 9/11 could not possibly be Muslim extremists, your only answer was basically that ‘[Muslim] extremists don’t drink’.

A real truth seeker wouldn’t discount a very plausible scenario (Muslim extremists) out of hand particularly as they had already proved capable of committing atrocities against the West. (When 9/11 occurred, there was only one Muslim nation that offered some spontaneous sympathy to the US and that was, ironically, Iran… so there’s probably not much love for the US in Islamic countries).

If you weren’t a sheep yourself, you wouldn’t run so quickly to one conspiracy theory after another away from the ‘official line’ (as if ‘official line’ necessarily means ‘untruth’) looking for a secret society, a mob of them damned Joos or aliens controlling world affairs.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:09am

NorthOfNorth wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:07am:

Yet when asked why you believed 9/11 could not possibly be Muslim extremists, your only answer was basically that ‘[Muslim] extremists don’t drink’.

A real truth seeker wouldn’t discount a very plausible scenario (Muslim extremists) out of hand particularly as they had already proved capable of committing atrocities against the West. (When 9/11 occurred, there was only one Muslim nation that offered some spontaneous sympathy to the US and that was, ironically, Iran… so there’s probably not much love for the US in Islamic countries).

If you weren’t a sheep yourself, you wouldn’t run so quickly to one conspiracy theory after another away from the ‘official line’ (as if ‘official line’ necessarily means ‘untruth’) looking for a secret society, a mob of them damned Joos or aliens controlling world affairs.

is there an ignore button here...?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #13 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:10am

Sure you have a wide scope, but apparently not much more.

Quote:

Why, do you need to narrow your scope?

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:12am

i dont suffer fools gladly...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #15 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:13am

That must make life tough for you.

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:14am

freediver wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:13am:
That must make life tough for you.

depends on the web site...

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:17am

imperial wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:09am:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:07am:

QED. You are not a truth seeker. Just a little no-nothing looking for a sympathetic audience.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:21am

Go easy helian.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 2:09pm

.......and defending themselves against questions Shocked

my blue isnt with ordinary yanks, jews, poms, etc, etc. my gripe is the stranglehold media has on our lives, their lies, the nwo, the elite, and those that control our elected governments.

there is no question in my mind that democracy is the best way....however, i lament that its been hijacked by corporate industrial interests and powerful wealthy world elite. its not even a conspiracy really. its just fact. politicians dont hold real power....so neither do we.

Of course, do you think you are alone in believing these things. I dont believe in, it seems, quite as many conspirisies as you but I certianly believe in cartels of greed. I also think that there is much more of a linear hand over off power down through the ages than many people imagine.

FD is completely correct that the current choices, or rather lack thereof, between the two major parties is minute AND reflects public attention.

And I think this lack of imagination and expectation by the public in general reflects the success of big business marketing and the mostly political charade that is found even in democracies. The main tactic being to not awaken the sleeping public, revolutions are bad for business.

[
i]... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New
ALEX CAREY
[/i]

these people have created a war on terror for their own goals. i mean, how can you conduct a war on a tactic...? iraq and afghan had nothing to do with 911. so why were they invaded? palestinians had their homeland stolen...so are they terrorists or freedom fighters?

Afganastan is the homeground of a declared enemy, it would be stupid not to be there, regardless of whether the label of the campain makes sense. And while I think good riddance to Saddam, we should not be in Iraq, although there is an argument that there was a international obligation to prevent the program of genocide aimed at the kurds.

Nice to see that you are out trolling about to help us poor bastards out. Thanks, wish I was a smart as you. Smiley

I agree about the demonisation but muslims are not unique in this regard, and you will see a substantial amount of people on this sight that give plenty of stick to our own system.

Mmmmmmmmm, I think therefore I Bbbbaaaaa ? I can asure you Imp, you are not the shepard I've been waiting for. Sorry for being so flippant.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Exotic Cheese

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:06pm

locutius wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 2:09pm:
And I think this lack of imagination and expectation by the public in general reflects the success of big business marketing and the mostly political charade that is found even in democracies. The main tactic being to not awaken the sleeping public, revolutions are bad for business.

[
i]... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New
ALEX CAREY
[/i]

The McDonald's Olympic ad campaign is a brilliant example... maybe I have mentioned it previously? Can't remember.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print