what forum is this? (Read 3333 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: what forum is this?
Reply #15 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:13am

That must make life tough for you.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:14am

freediver wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:13am:
That must make life tough for you.

depends on the web site...

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #17 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:17am

imperial wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:09am:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:07am:
imperial wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 8:41am:

dont know why i bother......oh..!! thats right.. i just love a debate. Wink

Yet when asked why you believed 9/11 could not possibly be Muslim extremists, your only answer was basically that ‘[Muslim] extremists don’t drink’.

A real truth seeker wouldn’t discount a very plausible scenario (Muslim extremists) out of hand particularly as they had already proved capable of committing atrocities against the West. (When 9/11 occurred, there was only one Muslim nation that offered some spontaneous sympathy to the US and that was, ironically, Iran… so there’s probably not much love for the US in Islamic countries).

If you weren’t a sheep yourself, you wouldn’t run so quickly to one conspiracy theory after another away from the ‘official line’ (as if ‘official line’ necessarily means ‘untruth’) looking for a secret society, a mob of them damned Joos or aliens controlling world affairs.

is there an ignore button here...?

QED. You are not a truth seeker. Just a little no-nothing looking for a sympathetic audience.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #18 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 11:21am

Go easy helian.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #19 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 2:09pm

instead i find an aussie political forum run by a muslim (no offence) with the topics largely muslims defending themselves against slander and attacks....(aint that the way?)

.......and defending themselves against questions Shocked

my blue isnt with ordinary yanks, jews, poms, etc, etc. my gripe is the stranglehold media has on our lives, their lies, the nwo, the elite, and those that control our elected governments.

there is no question in my mind that democracy is the best way....however, i lament that its been hijacked by corporate industrial interests and powerful wealthy world elite. its not even a conspiracy really. its just fact. politicians dont hold real power....so neither do we.

Of course, do you think you are alone in believing these things. I dont believe in, it seems, quite as many conspirisies as you but I certianly believe in cartels of greed. I also think that there is much more of a linear hand over off power down through the ages than many people imagine.

FD is completely correct that the current choices, or rather lack thereof, between the two major parties is minute AND reflects public attention.

And I think this lack of imagination and expectation by the public in general reflects the success of big business marketing and the mostly political charade that is found even in democracies. The main tactic being to not awaken the sleeping public, revolutions are bad for business.

[
i]... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New
ALEX CAREY
[/i]

these people have created a war on terror for their own goals. i mean, how can you conduct a war on a tactic...? iraq and afghan had nothing to do with 911. so why were they invaded? palestinians had their homeland stolen...so are they terrorists or freedom fighters?

Afganastan is the homeground of a declared enemy, it would be stupid not to be there, regardless of whether the label of the campain makes sense. And while I think good riddance to Saddam, we should not be in Iraq, although there is an argument that there was a international obligation to prevent the program of genocide aimed at the kurds.

ask yourself what have muslims done to deserve the wholesale slaughter that has occured in palestine, iraq, afghanistan and soon iran? NOTHING.....!!!! yet the media has demonised them so effectively, that i give you yourselves as evidence as to their effectiveness at brainwashing.....

Nice to see that you are out trolling about to help us poor bastards out. Thanks, wish I was a smart as you. Smiley

I agree about the demonisation but muslims are not unique in this regard, and you will see a substantial amount of people on this sight that give plenty of stick to our own system.

i rarely write yarns as long as this as all it really gets is a flippant sentence in reply, and rarely do sheep like yourselves get all introspective........

Mmmmmmmmm, I think therefore I Bbbbaaaaa ? I can asure you Imp, you are not the shepard I've been waiting for. Sorry for being so flippant.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Exotic Cheese

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Aug 18th, 2008 at 10:06pm

locutius wrote on Aug 18th, 2008 at 2:09pm:
And I think this lack of imagination and expectation by the public in general reflects the success of big business marketing and the mostly political charade that is found even in democracies. The main tactic being to not awaken the sleeping public, revolutions are bad for business.

[
i]... the 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.
Australian social scientist, quoted by Noam Chomsky in World Orders Old and New
ALEX CAREY
[/i]

The McDonald's Olympic ad campaign is a brilliant example... maybe I have mentioned it previously? Can't remember.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print