Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
An Australian Pilot Has Joined The Army Of Islam (Read 9641 times)
Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: An Australian Pilot Has Joined The Army Of Islam
Reply #75 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 11:49am

locutius wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 11:32am:
Well of course anything I have said is available for public scrutiny, it merely requires someone to search to check the veracity of your claim.

Sometimes actions speak louder then words. The fact that you choose to attack my post for calling Bliss's statement as 'amusing and funny', yet choose to remain silent in regards to her post...speaks volumes.

locutius wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 11:32am:
You seem to confuse support for a fact or statement, that happens to be made by a "bigot" as support of bigotry. You need to separate the two. It's call complex reasoning.

Of course there is a seperation between the two. that I agee...however, it is a fine line.

locutius wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:33am:
I [quote author=locutius link=1218712844/60#72 date=1219275183]I
The title of the topic and the
body of the initial thread
is not '' that a man has converted to Islam" but that " An Australian
(RAAF)
Pilot Has Joined The Army Of Islam". In this case "concerned AND interested" is not the inflexible signpost of bigotry that you are insisting. ....Free Dictionary....con·cern (kn-sûrn)
v. con·cerned, con·cern·ing, con·cerns
v.tr.
1. To have to do with or relate to: an article that concerns the plight of homeless people.
2. To be of interest or importance to: This problem concerns all of us.
3. To engage the attention of; involve: We concerned ourselves with accomplishing the task at hand.
4. To cause anxiety or uneasiness in: The firm's weak financial posture is starting to concern its stockholders.
v.intr. Obsolete
To be of importance.

I have quoted the original post for your perusal.

bluebird wrote on Aug 14th, 2008 at 9:20pm:
Has anyone seen this? On the Sheikh Haron website, an Australian pilot has converted to Islam.

On the site it says that this is bad news for the enemy of Islam and due to security matters information about this person has not been revealed. It would be interesting to see who the person is.
Do you think it would matter if his identity would be revealed?

I find it really interesting that Islam is one of the fastest growing religions.

As you can see, the opening post makes no mention of the pilot joining 'the army of Islam'...as I stated it was included in the title of the thread for 'impact'.

Besides, as already mentioned the site is hoax, no one in the muslim community knows this mysterious 'Sheikh Haroun' and the glaring mistakes he makes are evident that this site is run by ant-muslims wishing to discredit Islam.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #76 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 12:17pm

Lestat wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:47am:

Imagine I posted that I was 'concerned' that a navy captain had converted to Judism? Would you come to my aid if someone mocked my statement.
I doubt it.

You're very quick to make a judgement on what I would do. Any claim you made to the above effect would be met with with a response identical to the one I made about the pilot.

My criticism of that pettiness above still stands. I thought you might have been at least grownup enough not to defend it.

Mate...you've attacked me for finding 'concerned' and 'interested' funny. Your hardly one to talking about pettiness.

No, I suggested that you might be better to avoid such pettiness. I think it was faily well mannered. Rather than the automatically Pavlovian frothing at the mouth that I see habitually from you.

As for my opinion, I don't have a problem with the pilot converting to Islam. As for him joining the Army of Islam and without further information I assume this Army of Islam ....
wikipedia "Notorious for their kidnapping of BBC reporter Alan Johnston and capture of Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, Army of Islam, which appears to draw inspiration from, or is linked to al-Qaeda, have also conducted at least one bombing of a Palestinian civilian target (an empty school) and a number of other kidnappings. The group has been previously closely related to Hamas, but has been since shunned by both Hamas and Fatah. The group has also been known as the organisation of al-Qaeda in Palestine."
it's not like I can tell him he can't do it. If he deserted than there are legal consequenses there especially if legally he is still considered a part of the Australian Military Forces and passes on sensitive information. Will he attack Australian or western interests or citizens??? I assume he will, as he has joined a millitant movement proven in these actions. [b][i]THAT is what will make him an enemy of this country, NOT the fact that he was or has converted to Islam.

Mate..I suggest you go back and read the opening post. The 'army of Islam' quote came from the poster, who felt that by using such emotive language he/she might make a greater impact.

There is no mention of the 'army of Islam' whatsoever, from a site, that mind you has already been shown to be a hoax.

Besides, how could anyone possibly know that he has joined the 'army of islam'...a group that I have never heard of mind you.

So something you have never heard of doesn't exist? Is that your argument? And because you have never heard of them " how could anyone possibly know that he has joined the 'army of islam'". I guess that makes sense to you. But at least google ' The Army of Islam'. or see my wiki entry above.

Blame the opening poster, if that is an issue for you. But you did insist that I give an opinion which I did. At the time of said insistance you failed to add the qualifiers to your request that would limited my answer. Possibly to one more suited to you. I am an obliging person but balk at being railroaded or harranged.

Why do you assume he will attack Australian interests? Why have you even concluded that he has joined 'an army of Islam'?

beleive it or not...thousands of Australians convert to Islam, and though this might really surprise you, but they don't all join 'terrorist' groups. Heck...there are even two on this board.

I will alter part of my response happily, from I assume he will, as he has joined a millitant movement proven in these actions. to   I assume he might ,the rest I will allow to stand. Read it again if you are confused with the differentiation between as man joining Islam and a RAAF pilot joining a terrorist group.

And you last comment I can simply rely... No I believe it, and it does not surprise me.

I believe what I have now stated is complete and clear, so this particular subject (for me) is closed unless new INFORMATION comes to hand.
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2008 at 12:34pm by locutius »  

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #77 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 12:34pm

I do admire your restraint locutious, but I fear your eloquence and patience may fall on deaf ears.
Sometimes the retort of the rapier wit, is less effective than the clubbing of a verbal bludgeoning. Wink

At times it just gets too tiresome hearing the same juvenile fanboy drivel.
Some even have delusions of adequacy. Grin

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 12:40pm

seems to me that neither are talking to you, insect. so buzz off parasite, and be a sucker somewhere else......

your attempts at sounding litererate are hilarious.....gaseous, weak as water, and thick as a brick...

can you post anything that doesnt resemble hate??

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #79 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 12:55pm

Maybe you could post a link that will enlighten me Imp Cheesy

I know you struggle with the concept, but you do not get to decide who speaks, or what they may say.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 3:07pm

in your case mozzie, there would be very liitle one could say that would enlighten you..for yours is a closed mind full of hatred and contempt..

IP Logged

DILLIGAF
Gold Member

The greens are red
Reply #81 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:01pm

Meh, so we lose one to that side so what. Huh

Hey if WW3 starts between the west (U.S empire) and Russia and if i have to fight to live i will side with Russia.
I'm so sick of being America's and the Jew's SLAVE.

Total anti-marxist and anti-left wing. The Right is Right.&&&&&&

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print