Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
An Australian Pilot Has Joined The Army Of Islam (Read 9582 times)
bliss

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: An Australian Pilot Has Joined The Army Of Islam
Reply #60 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 10:49pm

Silly billy.............the magnet holds my newspaper account up   lol   Grin........the newspaper,  internet, peoples' experiences, biographies and all forms of modern media allows people (who want) to be informed.  Wink

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #61 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 10:49pm

I guess if it only takes an opportunist like Hirsi Ali to 'inspire' you, it's not surprising a fridge magnet might 'empower' you.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

bliss

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #62 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 10:55pm

such a predictable response, after all Ayaan is a woman and so am I Kiss If you can't shut her up, insult her! Well mate........thank goodness we live in Australia.........oh, and you really must get over yourself. You're way to serious.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 10:59pm

bliss wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 10:55pm:
such a predictable response, after all Ayaan is a woman and so am I Kiss If you can't shut her up, insult her! Well mate........thank goodness we live in Australia.........oh, and you really must get over yourself. You're way to serious.  Cheesy

Don't worry, you'll be happy to know I insult men just as much. Smiley

I'm all for equality...I insult men and woman equally.

IP Logged

bliss

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #64 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 11:05pm

oh i'm not worried. Cool and as i said.............you're predictable! no surprises here Cheesy

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 11:09pm

bliss wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 11:05pm:
oh i'm not worried. Cool and as i said.............you're predictable! no surprises here Cheesy

Thats ironic, cause I was thinking the exact same thing about you.

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Aug 19th, 2008 at 11:10pm

But I'm muslim...you should be worried..and concerned...and interested. Wink

But not alarmed. Smiley

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #67 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 11:48am

Lestat wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 11:10pm:

But I'm muslim...you should be worried..and concerned...and interested. Wink

But not alarmed. Smiley

Oh, we aren't worried because you're a muslim, we're worried cause you're a tool as well.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #68 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 12:03pm

ad hominem is about all your capable of jordan.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

imperial

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 12:59pm

abu_rashid wrote on Aug 20th, 2008 at 12:03pm:
ad hominem is about all your capable of jordan.

arent establishment parrots such bores abu_rashid...

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #70 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 1:26pm

Lestat wrote on Aug 19th, 2008 at 9:21pm:

haha...concerned and interested. I like that...very amusing.

????  HuhWhy is that statement funny? Are you suggestint that being concerned and interested are mutually exclusive. There are any number of issues or subjects that I could say that about. Sometimes concern about an issue triggers an interest and visa versa.

In fact, I would say that there are times when the two words are interchangable.

Lestat, don't be so petty. It detracts from any proper argument you may be trying to put forth.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Aug 20th, 2008 at 11:34pm

locutius wrote on Aug 20th, 2008 at 1:26pm:
????  HuhWhy is that statement funny? Are you suggestint that being concerned and interested are mutually exclusive. There are any number of issues or subjects that I could say that about. Sometimes concern about an issue triggers an interest and visa versa.

In fact, I would say that there are times when the two words are interchangable.

Lestat, don't be so petty. It detracts from any proper argument you may be trying to put forth.

Its funny because it sounds awfully similar to a particular slogan that was on fridge magnets not to long ago. And it has nothing to do with 'concerned' and 'interested' being mutually exclusive.

Why would she be 'concerned' by a pilots private religous beliefs. What concern is it to her. Does she truly believe that this 'pilot' might snap because his muslim and turn his weapons on Australia?

Like seriously...this 'concern' and 'interest' is really ludicrous. What happened to this 'freedom of expression' that you lot like to go on about all the time. How can you possibly go on about these 'freedoms' when you won't even give freedom to a man who chooses a particular religous belief..without having 'concerns'.

I find it funny that people could be so gullible.

Fair dinkum locuitus, I suggest you stop being petty about people being petty and start actually telling us what you think...instead of continuously coming to the aid of religous bigots who feel 'concern' over the religous beliefs of a australian pilot....who has done nothing more or less then ascribe to a belief.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #72 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:33am

Lestat wrote on Aug 20th, 2008 at 11:34pm:

Fair dinkum locuitus, I suggest you stop being petty about people being petty and start actually telling us what you think...
instead of continuously coming to the aid of religous bigots
who feel 'concern' over the religous beliefs of a australian pilot....who has done nothing more or less then ascribe to a belief.

Now
that's
funny Grin

I would suggest that you seem to be one of those religious bigots that is continuously hijacking every conversation here. I don't support bigotry. I support facts as I best know them, or support pursuing facts deeper. And if I throw my weight behind an argument that is defeated by a better argument I will alter my position gladly.

My criticism of that pettiness above still stands. I thought you might have been at least grownup enough not to defend it.

As for my opinion, I don't have a problem with the pilot converting to Islam. As for him joining the Army of Islam and without further information I assume this Army of Islam ....
wikipedia "Notorious for their kidnapping of BBC reporter Alan Johnston and capture of Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, Army of Islam, which appears to draw inspiration from, or is linked to al-Qaeda, have also conducted at least one bombing of a Palestinian civilian target (an empty school) and a number of other kidnappings. The group has been previously closely related to Hamas, but has been since shunned by both Hamas and Fatah. The group has also been known as the organisation of al-Qaeda in Palestine."
it's not like I can tell him he can't do it. If he deserted than there are legal consequenses there especially if legally he is still considered a part of the Australian Military Forces and passes on sensitive information. Will he attack Australian or western interests or citizens??? I assume he will, as he has joined a millitant movement proven in these actions. THAT is what will make him an enemy of this country, NOT the fact that he was or has converted to Islam.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:47am

locutius wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:33am:
Now
that's
funny Grin

What...that you have a habit of coming to the defense of religous bigots? No...thats true.

I would suggest that you seem to be one of those religious bigots that is continuously hijacking every conversation here.

Would you now? And why is that. I defend my faith and my religon. If this is your definition of a bigot...then fine, I am a bigot.

however, take note, I have never attacked anyone based on there religous beliefs...nor have I judged anyone due to there race or religon. I don't feel 'concern' when someone converts to Judism, Christianity, or any religon.

I don't support bigotry.

Yes you do. Bliss made a quite clear bigotted statement...'concern' that a man has converted to Islam. You glossed over this statement, and chose to go on about petty issues like 'interest' and 'concern' not being 'mutually exclusive'.

You can make statements like 'I don't support bigotry'..but your actions in continuously defending bigotted statements indicate that you do.

I don't support bigotry. I support facts as I best know them, or support pursuing facts deeper. And if I throw my weight behind an argument that is defeated by a better argument I will alter my position gladly.

Mate....the facts are that an Australian man that happens to be a pilot converts to Islam.....and a poster here expresses 'concern' for no other reason then the fact that he converted to Islam. I attack this statement...and you defend it. these are the facts.

Imagine I posted that I was 'concerned' that a navy captain had converted to Judism? Would you come to my aid if someone mocked my statement. I doubt it.

My criticism of that pettiness above still stands. I thought you might have been at least grownup enough not to defend it.

Mate...you've attacked me for finding 'concerned' and 'interested' funny. Your hardly one to talking about pettiness.

As for my opinion, I don't have a problem with the pilot converting to Islam. As for him joining the Army of Islam and without further information I assume this Army of Islam ....
wikipedia "Notorious for their kidnapping of BBC reporter Alan Johnston and capture of Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, Army of Islam, which appears to draw inspiration from, or is linked to al-Qaeda, have also conducted at least one bombing of a Palestinian civilian target (an empty school) and a number of other kidnappings. The group has been previously closely related to Hamas, but has been since shunned by both Hamas and Fatah. The group has also been known as the organisation of al-Qaeda in Palestine."
it's not like I can tell him he can't do it. If he deserted than there are legal consequenses there especially if legally he is still considered a part of the Australian Military Forces and passes on sensitive information. Will he attack Australian or western interests or citizens??? I assume he will, as he has joined a millitant movement proven in these actions. THAT is what will make him an enemy of this country, NOT the fact that he was or has converted to Islam.

Mate..I suggest you go back and read the opening post. The 'army of Islam' quote came from the poster, who felt that by using such emotive language he/she might make a greater impact.

There is no mention of the 'army of Islam' whatsoever, from a site, that mind you has already been shown to be a hoax.

Besides, how could anyone possibly know that he has joined the 'army of islam'...a group that I have never heard of mind you.

Why do you assume he will attack Australian interests? Why have you even concluded that he has joined 'an army of Islam'?

beleive it or not...thousands of Australians convert to Islam, and though this might really surprise you, but they don't all join 'terrorist' groups. Heck...there are even two on this board.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #74 - Aug 21st, 2008 at 11:32am

Lestat wrote on Aug 21st, 2008 at 9:47am:
Now
that's
funny Grin

What...that you have a habit of coming to the defense of religous bigots? No...thats true.

Well of course anything I have said is available for public scrutiny, it merely requires someone to search to check the veracity of your claim. You seem to confuse support for a fact or statement, that happens to be made by a "bigot" as support of bigotry. You need to separate the two. It's call complex reasoning.

I would suggest that you seem to be one of those religious bigots that is continuously hijacking every conversation here.

Would you now? And why is that. I defend my faith and my religon. If this is your definition of a bigot...then fine, I am a bigot.

however, take note, I have never attacked anyone based on there religous beliefs...nor have I judged anyone due to there race or religon. I don't feel 'concern' when someone converts to Judism, Christianity, or any religon.

Same here, if so, then I have expressed myself badly, again up for scrutiny.

I don't support bigotry.

Yes you do. Bliss made a quite clear bigotted statement...'concern' that a man has converted to Islam. You glossed over this statement, and chose to go on about petty issues like 'interest' and 'concern' not being 'mutually exclusive'.

You can make statements like 'I don't support bigotry'..but your actions in continuously defending bigotted statements indicate that you do.

The title of the topic and the
body of the initial thread
is not '' that a man has converted to Islam" but that " An Australian
(RAAF)
Pilot Has Joined The Army Of Islam". In this case "concerned AND interested" is not the inflexible signpost of bigotry that you are insisting. ....Free Dictionary....con·cern (kn-sûrn)
v. con·cerned, con·cern·ing, con·cerns
v.tr.
1. To have to do with or relate to: an article that concerns the plight of homeless people.
2. To be of interest or importance to: This problem concerns all of us.
3. To engage the attention of; involve: We concerned ourselves with accomplishing the task at hand.
4. To cause anxiety or uneasiness in: The firm's weak financial posture is starting to concern its stockholders.
v.intr. Obsolete
To be of importance.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print