Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Musharraf Impeachment? (Read 1228 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Musharraf Impeachment?
Aug 8th, 2008 at 7:26am

Well the opposition parties have hammered out a deal to try and impeach Pakistans leader, and long time US ally in the region, Pervez Musharraf.

It is very easy to be critical of this man, he has done lots of very dodgie stuff, but can you even begin to imagine the pressures of ruling a country full of such diverse, and volatile elements?

The destabilisation of the world's only muslim nuclear state, would have potentially tumultuous effects in the region.

It is impossible for this to be contained as a solely domestic issue, the world has far too much at stake to sit back and watch a bunch of rat crazy jihadists make a pitch for nuclear capability.

Fasten your seatbelts, it could be a bumpy ride.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Lestat
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Musharraf Impeachment?
Reply #1 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 12:03pm

mozzaok wrote on Aug 8th, 2008 at 7:26am:
Well the opposition parties have hammered out a deal to try and impeach Pakistans leader, and long time US ally in the region, Pervez Musharraf.

It is very easy to be critical of this man, he has done lots of very dodgie stuff, but can you even begin to imagine the pressures of ruling a country full of such diverse, and volatile elements?

Mozzoak defending a US backed dictator, an oppressor and murderer of his people.

Why am I not surprised.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 12:08pm

I've never heard of a dictator getting impeached before.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #3 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 12:16pm

When his benefactors decide he's no longer useful, anything could happen to him I guess.

He's served his purpose, like Saddam, time to move over, he's obviously a little smarter than Saddam though, and realised going peacefully is a wiser choice.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Aug 8th, 2008 at 12:34pm

Even though you and I would question the validity of his status, he IS the president of Pakistan, so he IS impeachable.

He has been an ally of sorts to the US, and he is undoubtedly not your average guy next door, but what is most pertinent is, what will happen to Pakistan, should this dictator be toppled.

Who will fill the power vacuum?

Pakistan would have to rank as one of the hardest places to predict what may happen, it is an Islamic country, it is home to numerous terrorist groups, it has a large number of extremely militant muslims, and it has nuclear weapons.

Does anyone think that the US, or India, or China, will just sit back and let the loony fundamentalists take control?

If that even looks remotely possible, we could see a massive escalation of conflict in the region.

Islam wants to be left to run it's own affairs, but who in their right mind would want to see that happen with the current influence which fundamentalist extremists are having on the actions and attitudes of the greater muslim populations of the world?

A bit like the monkey with the machine gun, you do not know exactly what will happen, but you are fairly certain it will not be good.
« Last Edit: Aug 8th, 2008 at 12:46pm by mozzaok »  

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print