Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: most effective attacks on our freedom of speech?

Muslims preventing people from mocking Muhammed    
  11 (55.0%)
Journalists not reporting some ASIO intel ops    
  4 (20.0%)
Something else    
  5 (25.0%)

Total votes: 20
« Created by: freediver on: Oct 9th, 2014 at 12:43pm »

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Is Islam against free speech? (Read 158133 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Is Islam against free speech?
Reply #405 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 8:28pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 8:25pm:
FD, as soon as G told you his point of view, the correct answer would have been, ah.

Instead, you want to rail in Brian, me, and Gud knows who else to play your dumb games.

You simply can’t accept that someone has a view you may not like. Now.

Alas, FD, you lack that one thing you try so ever hard to obtain: credibility. The 2007 FD had it. You gave it away.

You’ve become a silly parody of your former self. Once, you had it all, now you’re just a silly.

Who knows? Maybe you can change back.

You won’t.

Ah.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #406 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 8:30pm

Ah, indeed.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #407 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 9:16pm

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #408 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 10:05pm

No opinion then Karnal? Not even for Gandalf's benefit?

How do you think it reflects on his broader argument in this thread that Australian Muslims are "holding hands" with the non-Muslim community on the issue of freedom of speech?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #409 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 10:13pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 11:30pm:
Soren wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:37pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 7:47pm:
Soren wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 2:13pm:

Anything which is more recent than 2006, Soren?   

8 Years. What has changed in Islam in the last 8 years, thicky?

Much has changed for Muslims though, hasn't it, Soren?

No.

Unless you mean that they have been going backwards - more veils, more stupid beards, more jihad, more victimhood, more muslim-on-muslim violence.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #410 - Nov 2nd, 2014 at 11:38pm

Soren wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 10:13pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 11:30pm:
Soren wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 9:37pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 7:47pm:
Soren wrote on Oct 31st, 2014 at 2:13pm:

Anything which is more recent than 2006, Soren?   

8 Years. What has changed in Islam in the last 8 years, thicky?

Much has changed for Muslims though, hasn't it, Soren?

No.

Unless you mean that they have been going backwards - more veils, more stupid beards, more jihad, more victimhood, more muslim-on-muslim violence.

So, you admit greater polarisation, Soren?  Polarisation invariably is shown as changing attitudes.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #411 - Nov 3rd, 2014 at 8:53am

freediver wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 10:05pm:
No opinion then Karnal? Not even for Gandalf's benefit?

How do you think it reflects on his broader argument in this thread that Australian Muslims are "holding hands" with the non-Muslim community on the issue of freedom of speech?

I gave you my opinion. We agreed on ah, remember?

What more do you want?

Also, Jesus and Mo taking in a bar is just as boring as Jesus and Mo in bed reading. If you can't think of a good scenario for a comic strip, put it in a boring play.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #412 - Nov 3rd, 2014 at 1:02pm

This is getting interesting. Gandalf claims to speak on behalf of the vast majority of Australians, and all of a sudden Brian cannot make up his mind and Karnal is incapable of forming an opinion.

No one is dragging you into this debate Karnal. You jumped in with both feet, accusing me of misrepresenting Gandalf. Although you are afraid to engage, you feel compelled to read and post here. You know that Gandalf's words reveal something disturbing. You want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes. You are just afraid to open your eyes and look.

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #413 - Nov 3rd, 2014 at 1:55pm

Brian Ross wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 11:38pm:
Soren wrote on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 10:13pm:
No.

So, you admit greater polarisation, Soren?  Polarisation invariably is shown as changing attitudes.    Roll Eyes

An example of 'changing attitudes:

"The investigation officer in the charge sheet said the students had vowed to kill “atheist bloggers” after reading Jasimuddin's books and listening to his sermons.

They targeted Rajib “for his blog posts under the nick of Thabababa” and got divided into two -- “intel group” to collect his details and track him down and the “execution group” to carry out the murder."
http://www.thedailystar.net/court-accepts-chares-against-mufti-jasim-7-nsu-stude...

University students murder another university student for being an apostate.  If this is the intelligentsia, what to expect from the illiterate plebs?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #414 - Nov 3rd, 2014 at 2:03pm

freediver wrote on Nov 3rd, 2014 at 1:02pm:
This is getting interesting. Gandalf claims to speak on behalf of the vast majority of Australians, and all of a sudden Brian cannot make up his mind and Karnal is incapable of forming an opinion.

No one is dragging you into this debate Karnal. You jumped in with both feet, accusing me of misrepresenting Gandalf. Although you are afraid to engage, you feel compelled to read and post here. You know that Gandalf's words reveal something disturbing. You want to know how deep the rabbit hole goes. You are just afraid to open your eyes and look.

I know, FD. I'm too scared of the Muselman to tell you what I think.

Google: Taqiyya.

Cunning, no?

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #415 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 9:17am

Is Islam against free speech?

"We don't want to shut down free speech, here in the USA,   ....we just want you to only say nice things about ISLAM.
Coz that is only reasonable, and we are all reasonable people, aren't we ?"

Quote:
Berkeley Muslim students defend their attempt to get Bill Maher canceled
Robert Spencer      Nov 8, 2014

This controversy has largely died down now, and this article is five days old, but it is worth noting again because of the final line of the article: “‘To them,’ Takruri said, ‘it’s clearly a matter of silencing hate speech, not free speech.'”

This free speech/hate speech distinction is increasingly common.

I encountered it last spring when I spoke at Cal Poly.

The problem with it is that it is essentially saying that speech is free as long as it stays within accepted parameters — which is not really free speech at all.

And who gets to set the parameters? The person who controls the public discourse controls the society. I hope we are able to have a discussion about free speech and “hate speech” before “hate speech” laws destroy the First Amendment in the U.S. But with our university students parroting this nonsense, the future doesn’t look exactly bright.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/11/berkeley-muslim-students-defend-their-attempt-...

It is about the freedom [the right of 'the free man'] to speak out,
and to expose what is rotten and false [around him].

Counter-wise, 'the moslem' portrays the argument [about the scrutiny of ISLAM and 'the moslem'] as being about shutting down hate speech [and thereby the protection of 'harmony' in a society].

“To them,” Takruri said, “it’s clearly a matter of silencing hate speech, not free speech.”

.....The person who controls the public discourse controls the society.

'The moslem' wants to shut down all scrutiny and criticism of his 'religion'.

'The moslem' couches this argument, as an argument about his right to freely practice his 'religion'.

The problem is, that 'the moslem' is hiding his true [and violent] intent behind his lies deceit.

'The moslem' hides that truth [from non-moslems] that his religion makes the murder of non-moslems a lawful act.

ISLAM......

ISLAMIC LAW
"Ibn 'Umar related that the Messenger of Allah, upon whom be peace, said, "I have been ordered to kill the people until they testify that there is no god except Allah, and that Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay the zakah. If they do that, their blood and wealth are protected from me save by the rights of Islam. Their reckoning will be with Allah." (Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.) "
fiqhussunnah/fus1_06

THE KORAN
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. "
Koran 9.29

THE 'PROPHET' OF ISLAM
"...the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him."
- DEAD.
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.260iTHE TRUTH ABOUT ISLAM, EXPOSED.....

THE RELIGION OF PEACE

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act."

- George Orwell

"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."

- George Orwell

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #416 - Nov 11th, 2014 at 3:10pm

FD, as soon as G told you his point of view, the correct answer would have been, ah.

Instead, you want to rail in Brian, me, and Gud knows who else to play your dumb games.

Alas, FD, you lack that one thing you try so ever hard to obtain: credibility. The 2007 FD had it. You gave it away.

You’ve become a silly parody of your former self. Once, you had it all, now you’re just a silly.

You won’t.

FD's merry go round of stupid games never grows old - apparently. At least not for him. Most people, if you notice, steer well clear of here. How proud FD must be for what he has become, and the depths he has dragged this forum into. Its only schmucks like you and Brian and me who stay - for better or for worse. In 50 years time FD will likely still be here spamming whoever is gullible enough to partake in his petty games.

And here we are again - just when you thought the depths of stupidity could not get any lower - FD never fails to disappoint: evidence is presented that mainstream Australians oppose the freedom to mock people based on their religion. Or in other words, the very spineless apologetics that FD has spent the last year railing against - day in day out. The problem here of course - they are not muslims. In fact it seems these people (the majority of Australians) express this spineless apologism precisely in the interests of protecting muslims (and others) from what FD insists is the cornerstone of our democracy: the right to offend muslims. Shock horror.

Thats the crux of the issue here - its inconvenient to FD's world view. Now his spectacular squirming and contortion extravaganza is on display for all to see. It would be hilarious if it wasn't the upteenth time he's gone through the same process. Really - this latest exhibition - insisting that the poll response that insulting people based on religion should be unlawful - does not really mean people want insulting people based on religion to be unlawful, without any attempt to explain this gem of a claim - is not even at the top of FD's long list of unbelievably stupid arguments. Really, it is not possible to be shocked by the stupidity spouted by FD day in day out anymore.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #417 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 6:05pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 11th, 2014 at 3:10pm:

You won’t.

FD's merry go round of stupid games never grows old - apparently. At least not for him. Most people, if you notice, steer well clear of here. How proud FD must be for what he has become, and the depths he has dragged this forum into. Its only schmucks like you and Brian and me who stay - for better or for worse. In 50 years time FD will likely still be here spamming whoever is gullible enough to partake in his petty games.

And here we are again - just when you thought the depths of stupidity could not get any lower - FD never fails to disappoint: evidence is presented that mainstream Australians oppose the freedom to mock people based on their religion. Or in other words, the very spineless apologetics that FD has spent the last year railing against - day in day out. The problem here of course - they are not muslims. In fact it seems these people (the majority of Australians) express this spineless apologism precisely in the interests of protecting muslims (and others) from what FD insists is the cornerstone of our democracy: the right to offend muslims. Shock horror.

Thats the crux of the issue here - its inconvenient to FD's world view. Now his spectacular squirming and contortion extravaganza is on display for all to see. It would be hilarious if it wasn't the upteenth time he's gone through the same process. Really - this latest exhibition - insisting that the poll response that insulting people based on religion should be unlawful - does not really mean people want insulting people based on religion to be unlawful, without any attempt to explain this gem of a claim - is not even at the top of FD's long list of unbelievably stupid arguments. Really, it is not possible to be shocked by the stupidity spouted by FD day in day out anymore.

Gandalf you have no clue what the majority of Australians want, you have no clue what that poll means, and you still have not grasped what I have been saying either - hence your inability to decide whether I am an extremist or a hypocrit, settling instead for both at once. A good start would be quoting me rather than inventing a position on my behalf. A few choice quotes always works better than a long-winded rant.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #418 - Nov 13th, 2014 at 11:56pm

Yes, G. You should not invent positions on other people’s behalf. You should always quote them rather than making stuff up.

You listen to.FD.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #419 - Nov 14th, 2014 at 7:03am

Mattyfisk wrote on Nov 13th, 2014 at 11:56pm:
Yes, G. You should not invent positions on other people’s behalf. You should always quote them rather than making stuff up.

You listen to.FD.

Grin Grin Yes, I LOLed at this.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 59
Send Topic Print