Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
Legal threats to F/D and myself (Read 30173 times)
jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Re: Legal threats to F/D and myself
Reply #60 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:41pm

So men can marry 13 year olds as long as they have their parents permission?

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #61 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:43pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:41pm:

yes and the court has to approve it too.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #62 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:52pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:43pm:
jordan484 wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 9:41pm:

Proof?

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #63 - Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:56pm

Just because it can happen doesn't mean it will.

In theory, an Australian can get a permit to carry a concealed pistol.

Unless you are John Laws, I don't think it is going to happen.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #64 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:23am

Aussie wrote on Aug 1st, 2008 at 11:52pm:

Proof? [/quote]

Here is their State law.
    Quote:
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/xliii/457/457-mrg.htm

TITLE XLIII
DOMESTIC RELATIONS
CHAPTER 457
MARRIAGES
Relationship

Section 457:4

457:4 Marriageable. – No male below the age of 14 years and no female below the age of 13 years shall be capable of contracting a valid marriage, and all marriages contracted by such persons shall be null and void.
Source. 1907, 80:1. PL 286:4. RL 338:4.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #65 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 9:17am

Quote:

Australia hasn't quite reached the depths of depravity that some states of the US indulge in.  It may be legal but it isn't morally right and most developed countries have laws to protect children and 99.9% of 12 & 13 year olds are still little girls.

I have no issue with Muslims generally until they begin to impose the fundamentalist side of their religion on others and accept no other opinion as valid.  

At present there are less than half a million Muslims in Australia and already there are rumblings of Sharia Law being introduced here, but you are still a minority and the average Australian isn't prepared to embrace Islam and many of its regressive laws.

Australians want to move forward, not back to the dark ages and this is why it's necessary for Muslims to adapt to our culture and not hang onto their old ideology, which most of us believe is unacceptable.  

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #66 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 10:02am

Quote:
It may be legal but it isn't morally right and most developed countries have laws to protect children and 99.9% of 12 & 13 year olds are still little girls.

Actually I saw in another thread someone posted statistics about STD's amongst US teenagers, and 1 in 4 girls between 14 and 19 have already contracted an STD. Seems they're not as little as you might like to think.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #67 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 11:32am

Quote:
Actually I saw in another thread someone posted statistics about STD's amongst US teenagers, and 1 in 4 girls between 14 and 19 have already contracted an STD. Seems they're not as little as you might like to think

That is probably true Abu, but not a good enough reason to justify the marriage of a 13 year old to a middle aged man.  I say middle age, because as many men get older they seem to prefer younger and younger women and to marry an immature girl of 13 is just an excuse to exercise their perversions.

At 13 perhaps a girl's body might appear able to have sex with a peer, but her mind is still undeveloped and she wouldn't have the emotional ability to cope with the ramifications of marriage to an old man.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #68 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:25pm

Islam has a major PR issue if it really believes it will ever convince any decent human that sex with kids is OK.
Little girls at EIGHT YEARS OLD, are supposed to start covering up with the costume which supposedly stops men lusting after them, that in itself says a lot about a cultures belief in the moral abilities of it's males to control their deviate sexual urges.

We have some pretty sad instances of western businesses promoting and selling 'SEXY' clothes for kids, and that sucks, but the kids do not understand that these clothes are other than trendy, sexuality is a concept they have not even assimilated at that age.

So like all normal people I would prefer that people just allowed kids to be kids, the burkah and the hotpants outfit are opposite extremes from sick people who want to rob kids of their childhood.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #69 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 10:32pm

Quote:
That is probably true Abu, but not a good enough reason to justify the marriage of a 13 year old to a middle aged man.

Well, what it does suggest is that human beings are enquiring into being sexually active by this age. Now in the West it might be fine to frolick around fornicating with your fellow teens, but in Islam we consider the only permissable institution for sexual activity to occur in to be marriage. So the age that marriage can take place is obviously set at the point at which human beings become sexually mature.

Quote:
but her mind is still undeveloped and she wouldn't have the emotional ability to cope with the ramifications of marriage to an old man.

Well it didn't really cause any problems for 1300 years of Islamic civilisation. Women like Aishah (God be pleased with her) grew into fine adults that even helped shape the world we know today, dramatically. She was one of the greatest scholars of Islam and in fact large amounts of Islam were transferred through her hadith narrations.

Also it isn't all old men marrying young girls as you seem to imply. I have a friend for instance, and his grandparents (who were married not long after the end of the Ottoman period) were 13 and 29 when they were married, his grandfather being the younger one. Do you also have a problem with that?

I personally think it's just a matter of you trying to superimpose your own cultural standards and understanding of the deviancies of old men from the Western perspective.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #70 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 10:50pm

Quote:
but in Islam we consider the only permissable institution for sexual activity to occur in to be marriage.

But, also in Islam, you can 'marry' as often as you wish, yes?

Ipso facto........a veritable smorgasbord of young girls to whisk off to the altar.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #71 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 10:52pm

No, 4 times only Smiley

That's irrelevant though, I'm merely pointing out that Islam permits marriage at the point of sexual maturity to prevent the very evils that are engulfing countries like America.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #72 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 11:06pm

Abu, so if I was a Moslem, I can have four wives, yes.

...and the minimum age per wife is, what?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #73 - Aug 2nd, 2008 at 11:18pm

Yes, if you can support 4 wives, then you can marry 4, if you were a Muslim.

Quote:
Islam permits marriage at the point of sexual maturity

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #74 - Aug 3rd, 2008 at 2:28am

mozzaok wrote on Aug 2nd, 2008 at 12:25pm:
Islam has a major PR issue if it really believes it will ever convince any decent human that sex with kids is OK.
Little girls at EIGHT YEARS OLD, are supposed to start covering up with the costume which supposedly stops men lusting after them, that in itself says a lot about a cultures belief in the moral abilities of it's males to control their deviate sexual urges.

First of all Mozza, I don't believe that either Abu_Rashid nor myself have ever said that simply being 8 years old is the criteria for a girl to cover.

The criteria for a woman covering is that she has reached puberty and as I'm sure you're aware, there is no specific age that is attached to that.

Furthermore, I don't quite understand why you feel the need to see more than the face and hands of a girl who's just hit puberty or who is older? How is it any of your business what she looks like other than her face and her hands?

You see it's your precious, holier than thou secular West that has the greatest perversions, Western secular society sexually objectifies women by putting them as objects for our lusts to sell various products on billboards and many other ways.

Muslim women however cover everything except their hands and face in front of all males that are not closely related to them. In front of their close family and other females they are not required to cover everything but the face and hands. Because we DON'T see them simply as objects for our own gratification.

We have some pretty sad instances of western businesses promoting and selling 'SEXY' clothes for kids, and that sucks, but the kids do not understand that these clothes are other than trendy, sexuality is a concept they have not even assimilated at that age.

That's not quite true at all, statistics show that about 20% teenagers have had sexual intercourse by the age of 15. That's sexual intercourse, other sexual experiences begin earlier and are at higher percentages.

So like all normal people I would prefer that people just allowed kids to be kids, the burkah and the hotpants outfit are opposite extremes from sick people who want to rob kids of their childhood.

I hope you know that neither the burkha nor the niqaab are considered mandatory in Islam and wearing them are very much a cultural practice. In fact the Niqaab is great for being in the deserts of Arabia because of the protection it gives from the harsh elements. However it has no religious value.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print