Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print
Legal threats to F/D and myself (Read 30176 times)
Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Re: Legal threats to F/D and myself
Reply #15 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:17pm

I couldn't care less what people here think of me. I have a right to be here and I also have the right not to have my religion or myself vilified by bigots like Sprint..

I never said that I would sue FD at all. But I did threaten to take him to the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission. I have the right to do that as Sprint's comments were vilification and inciting hatred and clearly broke the law and even after requests to stop Sprint from doing so and to exercise more control over his forums he refused. So therefore he is a party to it.

There is legal basis and I wont hesitate in taking it further if FD doesn't prevent it from happening in the future, that also means by other members on the forum.. This country is a country of free speech, but that free speech doesn't mean you can take the rights away from others by vilifying them, their race or their religion.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #16 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:37pm

Oh blah blah, malik. Free speech is not in your agenda, grow some stones and admit it, at least then I may give you an ounce of respect. You have I right to be here? Sure, and so do I and so does sprint and everyone else.  We all have differing opinions on what is the truth and just because someone offends what YOU believe is the truth doesn't mean you can cry foul and start bullcrap legal stuff. It's pathetic. You're pathetic. The whole idea is pathetic. If I want to say something about Islam, I will. You have no moral grounds to deny me that right. All you do is stifle free speech and that is something I will fight you for.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #17 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:48pm

Jordan,

Say whatever you like, many people here criticise Islam, there is a difference however between criticizing Islam and directly vilifying, insulting and inciting hatred in Islam, the Prophet Muhammad pbuh and Muslims..

Once it crosses over into that category of vilification and inciting hatred it becomes against the law.. So you choose what you want to do.. But you're just as accountable to the law as I am.

IP Logged

RecFisher

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:50pm

boo hoo, malik.  P*ss off out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #19 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:54pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:48pm:
Jordan,

Say whatever you like, many people here criticise Islam, there is a difference however between criticizing Islam and directly vilifying, insulting and inciting hatred in Islam, the Prophet Muhammad pbuh and Muslims..

Once it crosses over into that category of vilification and inciting hatred it becomes against the law.. So you choose what you want to do.. But you're just as accountable to the law as I am.

I don't incite hatred, I tell it like I see it, if your opinion of your so called prophet differs from mine, you have no right to stifle my free speech. If what I say insults you, then so be it, but you have no right to make me respect the same things you do. Get over yourself, buddy.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #20 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:55pm

RecFisher wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:50pm:
boo hoo, malik.  P*ss off out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

Yep.

IP Logged

Malik Shakur
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Auckland, New Zealand
Reply #21 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:45pm

jordan484 wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:54pm:
I don't incite hatred, I tell it like I see it, if your opinion of your so called prophet differs from mine, you have no right to stifle my free speech. If what I say insults you, then so be it, but you have no right to make me respect the same things you do. Get over yourself, buddy.

Obviously you don't understand what I mean.

I have no problem with criticism of Islam or our Prophet, but in any form of dialogue, criticism should be done with respect.. Not respect for one's beliefs, you can have your opinion about it. But respect for those you are having dialogue with so that you can continue to have fruitful dialogue. Because without such respect for those you are having discussions with it ceases to be dialogue and then becomes something much worse.

Sprints behaviour reflected that.. I was very patient initially and clarified for him many times about issues which he kept bringing up, even after knowing the truth on the issues in an attempt to incite hatred and spread misinformation about Islam. It was obvious to everyone in the forums about that. I also asked that if he seriously and sincerely had the intention to have dialogue to do so with respect for those who he has dialogue with, otherwise it becomes impossible. He refused and kept heaping on the insults about our prophet and trying to incite hatred in Islam..

As mentioned many times, I was happy to have fruitful and meaningful dialogue with Sprint, but that requires an appropriate level of respect by both parties to achieve dialogue.. Sprint wasn't prepared to do that and it was obvious that instead his only intention was to incite hate of Islam and Muslims.

Had his intentions had been sincere and had he been more respectful in his dialogue then we could have had great dialogue with him. But he refused to.

If diplomats between nations behaved the way he did then there would be far more wars.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #22 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:46pm

Malik, you don't have the right to be here. This is a privately owned and operated website, and everything here is up to the discretion of the owner.

If freediver wanted to, he could ban you from his website, and even though you previously said if he did that you would add it to your list of grievances with the whatsies and the whosies, it doesn't matter.

There is nothing wrong with calling Mohammed a pedophile. It's a definition. If a man today who was beyond middle age married a 6 or 9 year old, he would be called a pedophile. If he just wanted to look after the girl, why not adopt her, instead of marrying her, which as far as I can see, gives permission for a sexual relationship.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #23 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:46pm

Malik Shakur wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:45pm:
jordan484 wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 7:54pm:

Obviously you don't understand what I mean.

You are such an arrogant dick head, and so ignorant as well. I didn't think that was possible, so bravo.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #24 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:48pm

easel wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:46pm:
There is nothing wrong with calling Mohammed a pedophile. It's a definition.

Well, he was a paedophile, in todays definition. Plain and simple.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #25 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 8:52pm

freediver wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 5:52pm:
He may be technically and legally correct

Not a chance.

Like I said... I couldn't say for sure so I'll take your word at face value.

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #26 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:02pm

This is a privately owned and operated website, and everything here is up to the discretion of the owner.

This is interesting. Is it a privately owned and operated website or a public forum? If FD operates it as a public forum which I think he does(ie: it is accessible and unrestricted to the open public without membership or subscription) then Malik has a right to be here. Guest are allowed to enter amd read all posts on the forum without membership.

Any thoughts?

Smiley

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #27 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:03pm

Not sure, but I have no problem with malik being here, I do have a problem with him telling me what I should and shouldn't respect, what I should and shouldn't believe in, and what I can and can't say without fear of retribution.

IP Logged

easel
Gold Member

Reply #28 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:15pm

Acid Monkey wrote on Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:02pm:
This is a privately owned and operated website, and everything here is up to the discretion of the owner.

This is interesting. Is it a privately owned and operated website or a public forum? If FD operates it as a public forum which I think he does(ie: it is accessible and unrestricted to the open public without membership or subscription) then Malik has a right to be here. Guest are allowed to enter amd read all posts on the forum without membership.

Any thoughts?

Smiley

Hmmmmm.

Look at Scruffy Murphy's pub in Sydney. It is privately owned and operated, open to the public with no entry fees, yet, the staff can eject anyone they like, and the owner even took the steps of banning people of Middle Eastern appearance and Pacific Island appearance from entry.

I am from a foreign government. This is not a joke. I am authorised to investigate state and federal bodies including ASIO.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #29 - Jul 30th, 2008 at 9:48pm

What he FD ^^^^^ said.

I enjoyed Malik's opening remarks here, but his Second Act stinks.  Fear not Sprint (FD already knows).  If he actually sues, he will lose and face a massive legal bill.

I also state that some of what Sprint posts, I do not agree with, and, as I said elsewhere, Malik, IMHO, was ahead on points, but then he blew it with this crap.

I'm tempted to say, "Bugger off, Malik, this is Australia," but I won't.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 8
Send Topic Print