Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
uniform slander/vilification legislation (Read 5377 times)
Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Re: uniform slander/vilification legislation
Reply #15 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 1:26pm

freediver wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 at 11:49am:
I started a thread about this on that Aussie Muslim site. Last I checked it was still there and had a lot of responses. I can't seem to find it now. Does anyone know where it went?

Hi FD.

I posted one comment on your thread at Aussie Muslims. I too can't seem to find it either. It has disappeared. I can only conclude that the thread was removed.

Perhaps the topic of discussion was too much for Muslims sensitivities. Or, censorship by the moderators?

Shocked

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #16 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 2:18pm

Yep, that's pretty much the way they work, it's reflective everywhere in the community.....even down to me not being allowed to post in the Islam forum on this site until I change my new avatar. They ban, they censor, they threaten and they kill....to silence those who question their religion, who have differing opinions to them, who are not offended by the same things as they are...those who want free speech to live.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #17 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 2:36pm

jordan484 wrote on Aug 11th, 2008 at 2:18pm:
Yep, that's pretty much the way they work, it's reflective everywhere in the community.....even down to me not being allowed to post in the Islam forum on this site until I change my new avatar.

Really? I didn't know that. I interpret Abu's avatar as refering to Australia as a Muslim state. Yours is obviously the antithesis of his avatar. My interpretation of his avatar is not offensive to me. I can't see why a direct and differing avatar/opinion can be offensive to one especially if one doesn't see that his own as being so.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #18 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 2:41pm

I got a new one. It's the new one that is the issue.

I see abu's the same as you, implying a Muslim state Australia wide. While this is something I disagree with, he has every right to use it as his avatar if he so chooses.

*edit.

Just in case you were referring to the old Australia map/Islam one.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Acid Monkey
Gold Member

Goth Father

EU
Reply #19 - Aug 11th, 2008 at 2:47pm

Yeah, the same.

I haven't seen your other avatar so I cannot comment on it. LOL.

Cheers!
Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print