Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Re: Women in islam
Reply #165 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 10:26am

mozzaok wrote on Jul 25th, 2008 at 11:37pm:
You do speak some crap Malik.
The scumbag slavers are now, thanks to a little Islamic revised history, philanthropists.

Are you that brainwashed that you honestly cannot see how ludicrous that last post was?
What are we going to hear next, that mohammed was the first man on the moon, take a reality check, if you can even still see reality from your position.
I guess slavery was just like a twenty year internship.

Thanks Mozza,

I've been reading so much of this with open mouth amazement. That was beautifully put. Hilarious. 20 year internship indeed. Grin

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

locutius
Gold Member

You can't fight in here!
It's the War Room

Queensland
Reply #166 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 10:37am

Malik Shakur wrote on Jul 25th, 2008 at 11:55pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jul 25th, 2008 at 11:37pm:
You do speak some crap Malik.
The scumbag slavers are now, thanks to a little Islamic revised history, philanthropists.

Are you that brainwashed that you honestly cannot see how ludicrous that last post was?
What are we going to hear next, that mohammed was the first man on the moon, take a reality check, if you can even still see reality from your position.
I guess slavery was just like a twenty year internship.

I'm sorry Mozza, are you going to tell me about Islamic history and act like you actually know anything about it? I think you're about to make a fool of yourself if you're going to consider doing that. You know nothing of Arab culture and tribalism and the way Arab warfare worked. So be very careful about what you say here because you're going to make yourself look more stupid than intelligent.

Furthermore you are criticising Islam for human rights? Are you kidding me? Australia's human rights record is terrible when it comes to that, taking the Aboriginals land and declaring it terra nullis, then hunting the Aboriginal men, women and children for sport, they weren't even considered human and killing They had NO rights whatsoever and killing them was considered completely acceptable and had no consequences in the law. In addition to that taking their children away from them and putting them in foster homes, trying to erase their identity and impose the anglo identity on them. That's genocide. Do you know when Aboriginals were even considered citizens of this country and recognized as true human beings?? It wasn't until 1962 (1965 in QLD) that the states recognized them and gave them the right to vote! And you expect to be considered civilized? Dream on mate!
Australia's human rights record more than 1400 years after the establishment of the Islamic state is far worse than any point of Islamic history. Australia has no right whatsoever to criticize this when Australia's history is far darker and Australians have been far worse to Indigenous Australians than any slave has been treated in the Islamic Empire. It truly shows how backwards this country has been.

Yep, your absolutely correct Malik, That's why we changed and we no longer defend that part of our history as acceptable. Of course we have a right to criticize.

Also, and please correct me if I am wrong, it may just be a popular myth, but wasn't the slave trade an important part of middle eastern economy for centuries.

I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #167 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 10:58am

Sprint, it's on topic. You're a Christian attacking the Qur'an for mentioning concubinage, when your own Bible clearly mentions it.

Cut the hypocrisy please or move along.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #168 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 11:08am

lol
malik...  if you get stuck attack with a spurious argument.

locutius...  yes and it wasn't the Islamic Arabs that brought and end to slave trading.   Grin Grin Grin  good point

IP Logged

Gaybriel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Oct 22nd, 2008 at 4:55pm

re sex with slaves and slave trading

http://muslimvillage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=13918&hl=slaves

quite a lengthy discussion

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #170 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:12am

Child of 13 stoned to death in Somalia
31 October 2008
http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/news/child-of%20-13-stoned-to-death-i...

A girl stoned to death in Somalia this week was 13 years old, not 23, contrary to earlier news reports. She had been accused of adultery in breach of Islamic law.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was killed on Monday 27 October, by a group of 50 men in a stadium in the southern port of Kismayu, in front of around 1,000 spectators. Somali journalists who had reported she was 23 have told Amnesty International that they judged her age by her physical appearance.

Inside the stadium, militia members opened fire when some of the witnesses to the killing attempted to save her life, and shot dead a boy who was a bystander. An al-Shabab spokeperson was later reported to have apologized for the death of the child, and said the militia member would be punished.

At one point during the stoning, Amnesty International has been told by numerous eyewitnesses that nurses were instructed to check whether Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was still alive when buried in the ground. They removed her from the ground, declared that she was, and she was replaced in the hole where she had been buried for the stoning to continue.

Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow was accused of adultery, but sources told Amnesty International that she had in fact been raped by three men, and had attempted to report this rape to the al-Shabab militia who control Kismayo. It was this act that resulted in her being accused of adultery and detained. None of men she accused of rape were arrested.
She was detained by militia of the Kismayo authorities, a coalition of Al-shabab and clan militias. During this time, she was reportedly extremely distressed, with some individuals stating she had become mentally unstable.

Amnesty International has campaigned to end the use of the punishment of stoning, calling it gruesome and horrific. This killing of Aisha Ibrahim Duhulow demonstrates the cruelty and the inherent discrimination against women of this punishment.

IP Logged

jordan484
Gold Member

Genuine Aussie

Reply #171 - Nov 3rd, 2008 at 11:14am

That's disgusting.

"We should always say that I may refrain from publishing a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammed, but it's because I fear you. Don't for one moment think it's because I respect you." Richard Dawkins

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #172 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 8:10pm

The article does not mention it - does anyone know what the religion of these militias is? Are they Christians or Jews or animists or what?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #173 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 8:12pm

soren, I could bring you 100 far worse crimes all committied by people whose religion is Christianity, and?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #174 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 8:26pm

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 5th, 2008 at 8:12pm:
soren, I could bring you 100 far worse crimes all committied by people whose religion is Christianity, and?

So a mob's religion has nothing to do with their actions?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #175 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 8:40pm

That's right. When a mob of Hindus raped a CXatholic nun recently, do you think they did it because Hinduism permits such actions? I don't think so. Likewise Islam does not permit vigilantism, nor does it call for the death penalty for fornicators.

Besides, I've seen some conflicting reports about this story anyway.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #176 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 9:49pm

So they should stone adulterers to death in a nice orderly fashion rather than in a disorderly mob?

That hardly sounds like vigilantism. Someone was in charge of a very large group of people to pull that off.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #177 - Nov 5th, 2008 at 10:25pm

Quote:
So they should stone adulterers to death in a nice orderly fashion rather than in a disorderly mob?

Would you like a shovel, so you can fit some more words into my mouth?

Quote:
That hardly sounds like vigilantism. Someone was in charge of a very large group of people to pull that off.

The whole country is in a complete lawless mess, and has not had a proper functioning central government for years. Also there's an army from a neighbouring nation running around making things much worse.

Vigilantism is vigilantism, no matter how many people participate in it.

Either way, I've clearly stated that I, me, Abu Rashid, believe this act to be contrary to Islamic law, and that those carrying it out are murderers and lawless rebels who should be punished. I don't really see what more you want from me... apart from that you want some adversary, so perhaps you want me to support it or something? Out of some sick boredom? If this is the case, then you're the sick one here that really needs to re-evaluate their position on this issue.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #178 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 12:04am

Good for you Abu, well said, and thanks for providing an honest and definitive reply.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #179 - Nov 6th, 2008 at 7:01am

abu_rashid wrote on Nov 5th, 2008 at 8:40pm:
That's right. When a mob of Hindus raped a CXatholic nun recently, do you think they did it because Hinduism permits such actions? I don't think so. Likewise Islam does not permit vigilantism, nor does it call for the death penalty for fornicators.

Besides, I've seen some conflicting reports about this story anyway.

Well, you should never again mention the religion of jewish settlers or that african microsect you are fond  referring to (Gods revolutionary something or other). If Islam is excused every time a muslim mob does something outrageous, you should be consistent and prinipled and excuse every other religion.

By the way, when muslims are involved, one always hears conflictng stories.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 18
Send Topic Print